Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 (968 Views)

McCain Fires Back At Putin With America's Own Letter To Russians / US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain / Obama Vs McCain Round 2 Of The Debates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 by legry(m): 12:08am On Sep 28, 2008
CNN polls says Obama wins round 1 of the debate, being pro Obama I would agree but, the polls also show that both men are quite suitable for the job of running the presidency the annoying part is McCain is not has dumb as I thought he is, he actually made some very convincing points. Does this change things for Obama?
Re: First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 by NegroNtns(m): 12:18am On Sep 28, 2008
Legry,

Do me a favor. . . post the disclaimer that went along with that opinion poll, please. . .

Did CNN not say that the poll is flawed, and that its a representation only of a handful of those who watched the debate last night? So if they give the weekend for people to catch up on it and then repoll on Monday, maybe the statistics will come out differently. Do you agree?
Re: First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 by legry(m): 12:39am On Sep 28, 2008
51% of those taking on poll thought Obama did the better Job in Friday's debate, while 38% said John McCain did better. Men were nearly evenly split between the two candidates with 46% giving the debate to McCain and 43% to Obama, but women voters tended to give Obama higher marks with 59 calling him the nights winner and 31 saying McCain won.

Though the survey witness a slight Democratic bias and given the direction of the both party campaigns over the last couple of weeks a draw like this translates to a win for Obama.
Re: First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 by BigB11(m): 2:24pm On Sep 29, 2008
Absolutely, there's room for improvement for Obama, and I'm sure that the improvement would be witnessed at the next debate.

This is my view on the debate:
Two entities (McCain and Obama) having a discussion on cars. One of the entities is a mechanic (who repairs cars), while the other one is a manufacturer (who designs and manufactures cars).
During the debate and at the end of the debate, it became clearer to all that one of these 2 entities is a little bit more knowledgeable than the other one.

Make your judgement!
Re: First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 by Orimili(m): 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2008
I don't know. . . It looked like a tie to me.
Re: First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 by RichyBlacK(m): 11:37pm On Oct 01, 2008
McBush gast to lose!

The world may not survive another four years Bush.

Bush and Cheney's secrets leading up to the War of Lies must be exposed, by His Grace!
Re: First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 by Orimili(m): 1:19am On Oct 02, 2008
There really isn't a difference between either (popular) candidate. America != the world, so I'm sure the rest of the world will be fine. I'm just going to take my attention off the freak show that is the presidential campaign, and focus on who gets into local government, that and third parties. If these two are the best America can do, then there isn't much hope left for the country. . .
Re: First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 by RichyBlacK(m): 1:33am On Oct 02, 2008
Orimili:

There really isn't a difference between either (popular) candidate. America != the world, so I'm sure the rest of the world will be fine. I'm just going to take my attention off the freak show that is the presidential campaign, and focus on who gets into local government, that and third parties. If these two are the best America can do, then there isn't much hope left for the country. . .

Don't be too sure about that. Can you imagine if McCain wins and then  kicks the bucket after a year? That ignorant myopic woman will then be president. The fool will just start wars with Iran, Russia and China in one fell swoop.

It should be illegal for a dumb person to have access to the US nuclear launch codes. A nuclear war will definitely affect Nigeria!
Re: First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 by plusQueen: 1:35am On Oct 02, 2008
RichyBlacK:

[b]Don't be too sure about that. Can you imagine if McCain wins and then kicks the bucket after a yea[/b]r? That ignorant myopic woman will then be president. The fool will just start wars with Iran, Russia and China in one fell swoop.

It should be illegal for a dumb person to have access to the US nuclear launch codes. A nuclear war will definitely affect Nigeria!

How wicked of you!
you may kick the bucket tonite
perhaps 20 years before McCain.
stop talking like a fool
Re: First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 by Orimili(m): 2:21am On Oct 02, 2008
McCain's health appears to be a hot topic amongst people. Being 70+ is not a huge deal these days. As far as we know, McCain could live to be 90+, he certainly has the means to access good health care. At the same, Obama, if elected, could die of natural causes at 50. (It's not completely out of the question, as black people tend to have "lower" life-expectancies.) We don't know for sure who's going to live or die, so all this talk about health doesn't make much sense. Besides, if Bush went 8 years without destroying the world, then I think Palin would handle things just fine (compared to Bush), that is, if she had to assume the presidency for any reason.
Re: First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 by omoge(f): 2:36am On Oct 02, 2008
a robot MC is in the making. ori, na you be the winch wey wan kill Obama eh?

so OB does not have money to access good healthcare? Palin is just too extreme. Our troops are dying in a stupid war set up by GB and mommy said it is God's war. pls the thot of Palin in that place is scary.
Re: First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 by RichyBlacK(m): 2:38am On Oct 02, 2008
plus_Queen:

How wicked of you!
you may kick the bucket tonight
perhaps 20 years before McCain.
stop talking like a fool

Nwanyi oma, biko gba brake!

I'm not praying for McCain to kick the bucket, I was only painting a possible scenario, hence the word if as opposed to when.

My point was that Palin is too unstable to have access to the US nuclear arsenal. She has zero negotiating skills with people who either don't like her, and/or don't agree with her. She'll just be a "bomb baby bomb bimbo". That would be dangerous for the peace-loving (we are many) people of the world.
Re: First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 by plusQueen: 2:39am On Oct 02, 2008
wow
your answer makes me feel bad. cry cry cry
I'm sorry
Re: First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 by omoge(f): 2:42am On Oct 02, 2008
i am really going to vote this time around shobanka
Re: First Round Of Debates Obama 1 - Mccain 0 by Orimili(m): 3:00am On Oct 02, 2008
omoge:

a robot MC is in the making.  ori, na you be the winch wey wan kill Obama eh?

so OB does not have money to access good healthcare? Palin is just too extreme. Our troops are dying in a stupid war set up by GB and mommy said it is God's war. please the thot of Palin in that place is scary.

I'm not saying that he doesn't, but he has about the same chance of dying unexpectedly as McCain, or anyone else for that matter. Yes, people are dying in a war, but neither side has a (solid) plan as to reducing or eliminating troops from Iraq. McCain wants to pursue Iran, and Obama, if I recall correctly, wants to pursue Pakistan. Basically, if I am to choose between the two, I am choosing a war in either of these countries. I am choosing where troops want to die. We dug ourselves into a huge mess, and both are bending to the pressure to keep the fights going. The thought of Palin doesn't scare me as much as it does others. If anything, the cabinet, the house, and the senate is probably going to regulate her behavior, and, therefore, I don't see her as much as a threat. I guess what I am trying to say is that the president does not really run the show, as it is a combined effort of everybody in washington. I want my vote to not simply put a band-aid over a serious problem, but to fix the problem of washington from the inside. This goes way beyond the face that represents the US every four years.

(1) (Reply)

Josef Fritzl Rape case - What Will The West Have Said If He was an African? / The Saudi Prince Accused Of Murdering His Servant In Five-star Hotel Room. / India, China In Talks To Take Anti-us Stance On Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.