Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,274 members, 7,864,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:40 PM

Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria (3593 Views)

Nigeria Independence Day Celebration In Kaduna (photos) / Photos From 55th Independence Celebration In Abuja (Live) / Celebration In Ph Over Wike Victory (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by DeepZone: 10:26pm On Oct 01, 2008
Americans and Canadians usually do thanksgiving celebrations every year and it's always great especially when a nation should bring one day to unanimously give thanks to God irrespective of your religious affiliation. Do you think we should have such culture in Nigeria where christians, muslims and others for once can visit each other, celebrate together and thank God for a good year in a prosperous nation?.
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 01, 2008
DeepZone:

Americans and Canadians usually do thanksgiving celebrations every year and it's always great especially when a nation should bring one day to unanimously give thanks to God irrespective of your religious affiliation. Do you think we should have such culture in Nigeria where christians, muslims and others for once can visit each other, celebrate together and thank God for a good year in a prosperous nation?.

Prosperous on what grounds; our endangered lives or the country's development? The later has little or nothing to do with nigeria.
If so, why the thanks?
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by DeepZone: 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2008
Prosperous on what grounds; our endangered lives or the country's development? The later has little or nothing to do with nigeria.
If so, why the thanks?

Why aren't we prosperous? Do you know how much we have right now in foreign reserve? The so called prosperous nations from your perspective are in huge debts that are bigger than the atlantic ocean.
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2008
If you wish to compare the amount in the foreign reserve and the human and natural resources we had and still have; nigeria is nowhere prosperous.

FYI: China used about that amount to host a 2 weeks event.

Wake up dear, its not too late yet. wink
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by DeepZone: 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2008
If you wish to compare the amount in the foreign reserve and the human and natural resources we had and still have; nigeria is nowhere prosperous.

FYI: China used about that amount to host a 2 weeks event.

Wake up dear, its not too late yet
Nigeria and china are not the same and do not carry equal burden. China has over 3BN population while Nigeria has about 150M.duh
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 01, 2008
DeepZone:

Nigeria and china are not the same and do not carry equal burden. China has over 3BN population while Nigeria has about 150M.duh

Hope you've not told any body this before? I think they are about 1.4BN.

If you refuse to do the maths with the above figures, then find another way to convince us that nigeria is prosperous.
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 11:24pm On Oct 01, 2008
damn nuzo, do u burn a nigerian flag ever day grin
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2008
Honestly, i cannot touch it for now cos i dont know exactly what it represents. Maybe, i will later; but that must have been when somebody gives me a good reason to.
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by Sisikill: 11:43pm On Oct 01, 2008
This thanksgiving is gonna be off the hook for Americans seeing how prosperous they were this year!

Time to Par-tay! Woo! Woo!
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by Uche2nna(m): 11:46pm On Oct 01, 2008
Is it me or are U always sarcastic?
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by RichyBlacK(m): 12:00am On Oct 02, 2008
Nigeria is injurious to the minds of the young; for old people, maybe, but not for the young.

I'm still working on my project of giving Nigerian youths annual scholarships to Russian, US, Chinese, Japanese, European, Indian or Canadian top schools to study, and hopefully gain employment anywhere on our pale blue dot!

We need to help our struggling youths - a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by Sisikill: 12:29am On Oct 02, 2008
No! Of course not!

Why do you ask?
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by QuotaSyste(m): 3:00am On Oct 02, 2008
Wait oo. Do you mean celebrating millions of Igbo people that were hacked down and are still being hacked down on daily bases by islamic fanatics in northern nigeria? Perhaps you were out of your mind when posting this thread. May be the Yorubas and awusas can do the celebration. Kukuma leave Igbos out of it.
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by bilymuse: 4:56am On Oct 02, 2008
what is there to do thanksgiving for
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by bilymuse: 5:07am On Oct 02, 2008
Deepzone
BillyMuse is an ibo tribalist and will support every anti yoruba thread here

Hmmmmmmmmmm!

Ikpe mara eziokwu na aka azu diya
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by DeepZone: 6:54am On Oct 02, 2008

Hmmmmmmmmmm!

Ikpe mara eziokwu na aka azu diya

undecided undecided

Do you know how rude it is to write vernacular in a general board like this? Do you have manners at all?
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by bilymuse: 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2008
DeepZone
Do you know how rude it is to write vernacular in a general board like this? Do you have manners at all?

Please do not call Ibo language varnacular, Nigeria governmwent recognise it as one of the national language, its the language of the sage.

As of manners am also of the sage.
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by DeepZone: 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2008

Please do not call Ibo language varnacular, Nigeria governmwent recognise it as one of the national language, its the language of the sage.

As of manners am also of the sage
whareva. 90% of nairalanders do not understand it.
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 1:54am On Oct 03, 2008
Personally, would be a great thing to take a day to just chill and give thanx to God, i think God would be thrilled and be happy and would heal the land called Nigeria, the bible says, if my people will turn to me, i will heal the land, so we sure can start with a thanksgiving.
Is Nigeria prosperous, not at all, we are not at all cos:
1. most still live on 1$ per day and some even less.
2. health care still dont exist.
3. economy dont even exist.
4. no human right in the nation.
5. people cant even eat 3 meals a day.
6. employees still dont get paid.
infact, the whole place is still like a slave yard.
But it can get better.
However, i so much support the idea of thanksgiving.
Re: Thanksgiving Celebration In Nigeria by bilymuse: 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2008
DeepZone
whareva. 90% of nairalanders do not understand it.

Ask any of your Ibo friend to interprete it. Please dont tell me you dont have any Ibo friend or . . .

(1) (Reply)

Benefits And Gains Of The Civil Service/civil Servants Under The Labour Party Go / House Of Reps Member Dies After Affair With A Female Banker / 25 Largest Empires In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.