Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,286 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Mode9 - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mode9 (3127 Views)

Mode9 Is Not The Dopest Rapper In Nigera. / M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mode9 by javalove(m): 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2008
DBR:

@
e'rone.
Hiphop/rap wise, 2 albums have made me glad this year.
2 cats have really warmed ma heart.
M.9's-Paradigm shift & M.i's-Talk about it
I think both are great albums that anyone who claims
he likes rap or hiphop should have as a collection.
@
Caballi
if u listen to M.i well enough u'll kno that he disses other rappers(wack rappers)
tho imaginary, just like M.9 throws general warnin shots at fake cats.
So don't say M.i doesnt diss or war, it's just the way of hiphop.
Worry not, because with time M.i will have his personal battles and personal clashes wit some cats, it's all in the game.
M.i is coool, and i dey feel the dude die!!!

He has greater commercial appeal which M.9 can't contend or rather wont compete for.
(don't know y people don't get it that M9 doesnt want to be a commercial wonder,
it's deliberate by him and he's contented(now that is a virtue) wit d few heads feelin' him, while convertin' "non-heads"wink.
M.i, he has nice lyrics as well however the crown for lyricism hasnt left the custody the one who owns it, M.9 no doubt.

Personally i don't see M.i as M.9's competition rather i see M.i as M.9's heir, and that's what it is.
And there's no war between 'em because both of them are cool and feels each other.
So like smone said:
"M.9 for prez, M.i for vice.
oNe

Seconded.
Re: Mode9 by tjay007: 6:54am On Dec 20, 2008
@DBR
    I see alot of sense in your post and agree with you in all but onething. that been that mode9 doesnt want to be a commercial wonder. Let me start by saying that even in the US where Rap is believed to have got its origin, rappers who are not after commercial success as they claim are at least living what you can term as HIGH STANDARD though, they might not be able to  buy or afford things that their counterparts can they are still ok. Imagine ruggedman saying mode doesnt have a car & stuff. that should have been the last thing for rugged to say if otherwise. I don't mean no disrespect but looking at mode9 one can tell he's (successwise) no where near the likes of even the young folks who met him in the game. have you ever thought it that how many concerts or shows mode get invited to perfom? (i stand to be corrected).
  Rakim, nuc turner, ice cube, dr dre even nas are hardline punchers but enjoyed commercial success at on point in their carriers even if they were not able to move units like the likes of 2pac & biggie did. I bet you know Rakim is i think, termed the best rapper of all time. If mode knows he isnt after commercial success i advice he uses his influence to get something lucrative that will at least deviate words like he has no car away. my brother no b beta thing at all.  Abi him go talk say him no like money or good life? i guess not because thats onething hip hop stars are known 4 "living the good life". I will say these same things if mode were my blood brother.
speaking my opinion herein,
Re: Mode9 by DBR: 1:25pm On Dec 21, 2008
@
tjay007
Nice.
However check it this way.
Rappers abroad do a lot of thing just to meet up wit the standard pple expect of them.
Do u wonder why so many actors and actresses in Nollywood n our music ind. r into cocain nowadays?
Cos they aint contented, plus what pple expect od them, and cos sensless pple of our nation ONLY
measure success by the size of ur car. U kno there r pple u kno that are sound and more brilliant than u but
taht are not earnin the kind of salary u r earnin'. That is life. But we r just acknowledgn d fact that lyrical wise M.9 is awesome.
If that translate to wealth or not is sth totally different.
Most of those rappers out there hav history of crime, drug peddlin and all kind of vices as support, f'course u kno that.
Yes we all want or need money, i want M.9 to live beautiful life cos i think he deserves it more than any in d Hiphop
industry. However not at ALL cost.There's nothin like doin what u love the way it shud be done and gettin paid for it.

Yea u cld say even those who aint after commercial success still live large, but then u gotta
compare the economy of the counrty. Have u seen the way a professor lives in yankee, can u compare wit
the way a prof. lives here? No.
Mnwhile bout M.9 not havin a car, dunno bout that cos the last time i checked he had a SUV- i think a sportage or so,
if he still has it or not doesnt change ma respect for him a a mic monster.
oNe
Re: Mode9 by javalove(m): 6:02pm On Dec 21, 2008
NDLEA go soon carry rughead man. i no no why modo no won reveal the secrets of this thief and drug peddler bastardizing the thinking of upcoming artistes,
Re: Mode9 by alisigwe(m): 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2009
no disrespect to modenizzy,but this dayz he sounds more of a bling bling rapper to me,i've heard two tracks recently and it was all abt how fly he's looking and shit,guess the system is starting to break him.no disrespect.1
Re: Mode9 by alisigwe(m): 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2009
tjay007:

@DBR
I see alot of sense in your post and agree with you in all but onething. that been that mode9 doesnt want to be a commercial wonder. Let me start by saying that even in the US where Rap is believed to have got its origin, rappers who are not after commercial success as they claim are at least living what you can term as HIGH STANDARD though, they might not be able to buy or afford things that their counterparts can they are still ok. Imagine ruggedman saying mode doesnt have a car & stuff. that should have been the last thing for rugged to say if otherwise. I don't mean no disrespect but looking at mode9 one can tell he's (successwise) no where near the likes of even the young folks who met him in the game. have you ever thought it that how many concerts or shows mode get invited to perfom? (i stand to be corrected).
Rakim, nuc turner, ice cube, dr dre even nas are hardline punchers but enjoyed commercial success at on point in their carriers even if they were not able to move units like the likes of 2pac & biggie did. I bet you know Rakim is i think, termed the best rapper of all time. If mode knows he isnt after commercial success i advice he uses his influence to get something lucrative that will at least deviate words like he has no car away. my brother no b beta thing at all. Abi him go talk say him no like money or good life? i guess not because thats onething hip hop stars are known 4 "living the good life". I will say these same things if mode were my blood brother.
speaking my opinion herein,

guy,i feel u,but u still gats to give it up to modo,he concentrates way abt his music than going around the show biz world scuffing his neck 4 other shits,thats the diff between him an d rugged,and believe me dude,this dayz modo goes to more shows than rugged as par 2009,dude gat his blood to this music shit like an oath,and recently he just purchased a teranno jeep,throws up shows 4 free and sticks his energy one place,comparing him to nas,they kind of share the same ideology,music comes first,where is rugged now in the rap game?probably in the middle of nowhere,couldn\t reply to deathblow,no single on air no news abt him just like that and i don\t knw what i feel 4 peeps that still believe he's great,he already lost his way,GOD help him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iggy Azalea – Reclassified (album Download) / Download Leke Lee - Orimi Remix - Ft. Oladips X Davolee - Mp3 / 50 Cent, Jay Z , P Diddy Want Collabo With Ruggedman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.