Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,446 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 - Sports (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 (144003 Views)

Germany Vs Algeria: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2014 / Uruguay Vs Italy - Confederations Cup: (2 - 3) On Pens On 30th June 2013 / Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Rhydem: 8:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
donem:
You are slowly becoming a disgrace like Mikel was in the just concluded match. how many times are you reposting this same shii.t ?

I want to press the point because all I have said is true!
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by nonjebose(m): 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2014
Judolisco: yes am tellin u we can beat france if d ryte sub ave been made. Did u watch d 1st half@all
On point. My thought too. After conceeding the first goal,I screamed in my heart for two changes to be made immediately. He made one of the changes too late. We could have won this match
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by bong4(m): 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2014
Audio Rage: Anyway, now that the dust is settling a bit, let me just make these points before I leave this site permanently:

How We Can Move Forward From Here:

1. I think Keshi SHOULD remain out coach:
Yes, I said it. He should remain our coach for the next 4 years. Regardless of what anyone says, I think he's the man for this job. He's taken us places we haven't been in a very long time - Nations Cup victory, World Cup knock-out stages, etc. He should retain his post and further build our team, develop the much-needed cohesion, and build discipline.

2. Foreign technical strategists should be employed:
No, I'm not saying we need Berti Vogts or any new coach for that matter; I'm saying we need some foreign technical advisers with experience from different parts of the country - Netherlands, South America, The Middle East, etc - who can help Keshi is devising plans against different teams with different styles of play, because Keshi can't do it all on his own. He seems to have Africa on lockdown, but he's not all-knowing when it comes to games involving European teams. We need technical advisers who can help us counter Tiki-Taka, Total Voetbol, Samba, etc. It's very important.

3. Now that Yobo has achieved his caps, can he be done away with already? Mikel too. As a matter of fact, I think it's time to do away with our old legs - Mikel, Yobo, Shola Ameobi and the likes. I believe these guys have nothing more to offer.

4. The era of giving preferential treatment to players simply because they play for some 'big team' in England has to be done away with. Costa Rica has shown us you don't need big names to win, so I fail to see why a complete nonentity like Mikel should be treated like a big deal especially when he isn't. The guy is a total waste. We should scan the globe for our willing players, and it shouldn't matter what country you play for. Imagine a dumb bench-warmer like Mikel starting for us just because he's listed in Chelsea.

Follow these points above, and we'll have a flawless team.

I still have faith in the Super Eagles.
Good bless Keshi.

So long, Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Forwetinnah: 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2014
#Fifabringbackourgoal
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
mikeansy: Oshaniwa tried but he was by no means a credible deputy for Echiejile

Oshaniwa in not great going forward like echiejile and certainly makes too many foul tackles

Keshi must take responsibility for his squad selection

He simply had no plan B

Tournament football is all about the squad. You can not just take a good 11 and hope for the best!

However, he's a far superior defender compared to Echiejile. The Echiejile guy was rubbish and most times -1 at the African cup. And how are we sure, if he were to be at the world cup, he won't be as useless as he was last year?

It has nothing to do with team selection...learn to critique without sentiments.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Rhydem: 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
Abeg, what was Shola Ameobi's role in this World Cup?!
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Pque(m): 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
To me. I think Keshi failed big time in his tactics in dis our last match with France.
1. I think our players have the capacity to perform awesomely better than this especially our strikers when compare with our last match with Argentina.
2. A closer look at today's game noticed d sluggishness of our strikers through out d game which is actually d fault of Keshi. They were too sluggish. I understand their mode of playing today cos they don't want to stress their self to keep their strength which I donot expect the srikers to exercise all d time since they need a goal and to penetrate d defence of d french side. A stategy thay helped our strikers in our last match with Argentina.

My belief is that it is Keshi's reponsibility to make our strikers to b active and not as sluggish as they played today because I belief they possess d capacity. If Keshi had disturbed them nd informed them to b more active in d front, I think they would have. We played well against d french side but our refusal to score made us incapable and killed d match as it killed our match with Iran and Bosnia.
The simple truth is dat we need someone to execute d ball into d net for us and a more active striker. However, I must commend d effort of few other players Enyeama nd co but we have not gotten anywhere and still have a long way to go if we continue to play this way. If we continue like this we will remain d under dog which is not d best for us and which Nigerians do not want because we can b d best. Actually, some of them played as if they were not given their wages.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by emiye(m): 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
I still dont understand why osaze refused to fall in france box 18 @ the first half, we had a clear penalty.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by donem: 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
Rhydem:

I want to press the point because all I have said is true!
Ok ride on.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by htconeline: 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mikel should not be invited to any fotball competition in Nigeria again.

Chelsea pls offload mikel

Plsssss.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Mintayo(m): 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2014
ndidibabe: Corner kick is part of football. We also had our own corner kicks but we made nothing out of it.
Yea, i know. I hate corner kicks and freekicks;(
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by daveP(m): 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2014
Attention!!!
1)if all things being equal,Vincent knows this might be his last worldcup-38yrs in russian(i doubt it)
2)mikel goes the babayaro way(abandoned)and left alone for continuation of his club career.
3)who now replaces the 'best ever' nigeria goalie?-agbim(??) , dele ajiboye( ??) ,dele alampasu(definitely) , ejide() , or one picked from our local league just like enyeama?
4)who takes up d personal challenge to be our playmaker?
4)what strict measure can be down to avoid this incapadance of match bonuses(we need to evolve beyond this).
5)then who spearheads the attack after this world cup?
I doubt any of them have read pirlo's autobiography and even went as far as reading about football technicalities and etc(pirlo read hw to play freekicks for 2goodyears,and practice an extra hour after juvetus trained just to sharpen his setpiece skill.)
bye ameobi,mikel,osaze,and no thanks to yobo.....
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2014
Rhydem: Abeg, what was Shola Ameobi's role in this World Cup?!

to fill the roster. They will say "SHOLA AMEOBI" he will say "present"... smh grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2014
Enyeama, you made tons of great saves today.

However, those goals were your freaking fault.

Shyte, Pogba didn't even know he scored - and why the fvck did you come out for that cross

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Edoblakky(m): 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2014
It's quite pathetic that we never learn. At the USA'94 world cup, the Italians knew how to break our back bone. They simply introduced Albertini who injured Amokachi and Amuneke while we allowed their back bone Baggio to remain on the pitch. He eventually sank us. Again today, Onazi our back bone was injured and taken off while Pogba their back bone remained on the pitch. And again, he sank us. Fair play is not for the world cup. Keshi should have told his boys to take out Pogba. He should have employed an eye for an eye tactics. Onazi injured, we should have injured Pogba. If they injure Osaze, then we injure Benzema. Keshi please get some football sense!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by cheguevera: 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mr mac-10 has finally been vindicated. ALLEZ LES BLEUS
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Omen100(m): 8:26pm On Jun 30, 2014
Fibo27: Where is Guru Maraj?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2014
dave P: Attention!!!
1)if all things being equal,Vincent knows this might be his last worldcup-38yrs in russian(i doubt it)
2)mikel goes the babayaro way(abandoned)and left alone for continuation of his club career.
3)who now replaces the 'best ever' nigeria goalie?-agbim(??) , dele ajiboye( ??) ,dele alampasu(definitely) , ejide() , or one picked from our local league just like enyeama?
4)who takes up d personal challenge to be our playmaker?
4)what strict measure can be down to avoid this incapadance of match bonuses(we need to evolve beyond this).
5)then who spearheads the attack after this world cup?
I doubt any of them have read pirlo's autobiography and even went as far as reading about football technicalities and etc(pirlo read hw to play freekicks for 2goodyears,and practice an extra hour after juvetus trained just to sharpen his setpiece skill.)
bye ameobi,mikel,osaze,and no thanks to yobo.....

out next play maker can be olaitan, iheanacho, igiebor .. We have options. Next world cup (provided that we bring in the youngsters from our under-21,18 etc we will have SO MANY GREAT players)
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
[b]I think we did well but YOU CANNOT WIN THE WORLD CUP WITH THE SAME STARTING 11 EVERY GAME!!!

We just lost cos we have NO BENCH. Azeez is too young, Reuben has no club, No quality replacement for our defenders, no quality replacement for ONAZI's position, no quality replacement for our tiring wingers

[size=14pt]Now, we NEED to look for back up in:[/size]
centerbacks and right back- we have no replacement for Ambrose.
Midfielders- we need guys who will give Mikel a challenge for that midfield role

[size=14pt](formerly unknown) players who really really impressed me[/size]
Oshaniwa- Uwa's injury is a blessing in disguise cos we now know that this guy has the potential to be a real gem
Babatunde-He did great as our centra attacking Mid
Omeruo- i know him but still deserves a mention

[size=14pt]guys that we should call up to the team[/size]
Mba
Igiebor
Olaitan
ajagun
Ihenacho

I am not disappointed by our team. The french simply have a better bench than us.[/b]
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2014
bboiabb:

out next play maker can be olaitan, iheanacho, igiebor .. We have options. Next world cup (provided that we bring in the youngsters from our under-21,18 etc we will have SO MANY GREAT players)

Olaitan plays for Olympiakos, right? He plays like a faster version of Mikel, but I honestly don't think he's creative, to be honest.

And the Igiebor guy that plays for Real Betis is Mikel 2.0.

I think Nacho and the other under 17 guys should be nurtured.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by 3kay945(m): 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli: Oshaniwa is a complete Maluuuuu....Dude is a big mistake to the football public.

Forget it, that dude tried. You better blame yobo that have both hands and legs in the two goals
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by daralubz(m): 8:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
all those free kick dat was sharing on d pitch wil ansa...plz bring back our boys..bb pin-79DDAC39
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by HARDUBUY(m): 8:38pm On Jun 30, 2014
we deserved to win that match, but in life we dont get what we deserve but what we decide!!!
*switches camp to Algiers, afterwhich to Anfield----for the 2014/15 session*
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by 9jatatafo(m): 8:39pm On Jun 30, 2014
Metalbell:
What is a Mikel?
1. A Magician: He's right in front of you for 90
minutes, but you only get to see him for 30
seconds picking up a yellow card.
2. A Mikel is a Nigerian Ferrari with the engine of a Picanto.
3. A Mikel is anything that has weight, occupies
space, breathes but remains stationary.
4. A Mikel is a confused strolling object that has
no focus. 5. It is an SI unit for measuring
deceleration, e.g the car decelerated by 2 mikel/ sec.
6. The botanical name of a snail, Mikelis Obilis.
7. Anybody who can pass the ball but can't shoot,
cross, head, or be creative. e.g, My grandma is a
Mikel.
8. A mikel is that footballer who is allergic to goals. What does Mikel mean to you?
A professor was asked and he has this to say:
1. A mikel can be define as a person/object that
runs/walks/hops/strolls/jogs/crawl from one
side of the field to the other, eg obi is a mikel.
2. IDIOM: /to be in a mikel with one/: to be tired, lazy, weak, refusing to be active, energetic , or just
being lazy with a friend or lover etc.
Stop talking trash. Who was responsible for the two goals? Osaze was a blip! Enyeama part of the first goal and Yobo put icing to the cake. The injury to Onazi was the bane of our lose. Mikel alone cannot do it, your coach don't know when to make changes. Watch game with free mind bro
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by daveP(m): 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
bboiabb:

the thing is-their is one incredible hulk in the way,one big man-mountain.and its the nff leadership itself. They jst keep choosing with assurance of tips from some players.so babtunde goes off(jst 5games he's proved himself ,over 50games mikel still casts doubt.total career goal=10.)
(in prophetic accent) BE YE GONE FROM THE TEAM HEANCEFORTH MIKEL.THOU SLOWEST THE WING THAT DID FLY.THOU.......

SHOWEST REGARD FOR BRAZILIAN CHICK IN TIMES OF SERIOUSNESS cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Dreament(m): 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
Finally super chickens are out of the world cup. Team argentina all the way. I no say mumunado fans go attack me. #teammessi#
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
shymexx:

Olaitan plays for Olympiakos, right? He plays like a faster version of Mikel, but I honestly don't think he's creative, to be honest.

And the Igiebor guy that plays for Real Betis is Mikel 2.0.

I think Nacho and the other under 17 guys should be nurtured.

really? i've seen nosa in real betis games and he is way more agile and faster than mikel.

Olaitan is a forward actually, that's why he's not creative. I saw him in Man Utd v Olympiakos (i'm a man utd fan and i was watching him closely) and he is very mobile and quick. so that will add more pace to our team.

we better start scouting those u-18 guys now so that in 4 years (when they are 22) they will be primed to represent us in the world cup
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by nonjebose(m): 8:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
CFCfan:

Sir, the Costa Rican team that beat Greece don't really have any 20-goal/season player I'm their team. Their starting back 4 all play for Costa Rican/North American clubs. So the problem of the Eagles was more of lack of organisation.
For instance, when the team are attacking corner kicks, all our 4/5 players in the box will move towards the near post; none likes to stay outside the 6-yard box
You are right. I have been optimistic right from onset,out of patriotism. I was impressed with their first half performance. Onazi gets injured,Keshi is confused whether to bring on Azeez or Ruben. Midfield breaks down with Ruben on,keshi watches helplessly until we conceeded two goals. He has paid his dues. Won afcon,and second round at WC. Wish him well in his future assignment

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by ogtavia(m): 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
[quote author=bong4][/quote]bro,I agree with all u said,infact 500 likes for u,in addition,we should bring back grass root football,bringing in guys from d local league isn't enof,there shoud be nationwide scouting,dts au jay,kanu, and d likes were discovered,till today,they remain,the hallmark of nigerian football,keshi did a hell of a job with God's help no doubt,in fact he exceeded all our xpectatns,he was employed shortly before d nations cup qualifiers and from there,he hasn't looked back,I like his courage as well,but he should invest in training himself as well,we still av a lot to offer in world football,but Keshi shudnt be sacked,he is d closest we have gootten to in years and must be encouraged,but Mikel obi should up his game or get out,yobo should go anD retire,Onazi should be considered a better replacement for mikel...its well Nigerians,its well,we will get there,we will make it,the secret of success is not aving failed at all,but learning from ur failure,retracing ur steps,and trying a second time.....we shall get there,but this is nt a tym to sact Keshi,or amokachi,but they should go for training,and maybe one or two foreign experts can be employed,NFF loves shortcut,but it wnt take us anywhere...long live Nigerian football,its in us.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Princek12(m): 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
The French player who took out Onazi should have been red carded. He was ordered to take Onazi out of the game.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
bboiabb:

really? i've seen nosa in real betis games and he is way more agile and faster than mikel.

Olaitan is a forward actually, that's why he's not creative. I saw him in Man Utd v Olympiakos (i'm a man utd fan and i was watching him closely) and he is very mobile and quick. so that will add more pace to our team.

we better start scouting those u-18 guys now so that in 4 years (when they are 22) they will be primed to represent us in the world cup

The Nosa guy has zero confidence with the ball, and it's all about side and back passes with him like Mikel. And the Olaitan guy is just there...nothing special.

Naij needs better players.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Dreament(m): 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
Jeez@2:
Chile out!!!
Mexico out!!!
Greece out!!!
Uruguay (follows Suarez home)out!!!
Nigeria out!!!
who's next?
http://www.jizuluvssports..com/
gertmany. By the way must u show ur blog? Call me let put some notes into ur account. Kai.... Even abokis don turn bloggers. Poverty! Poverty!! Poverty!!! How many times did i called u

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (117) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Algeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers 3 - 1 (Full Time) / England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) / Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.