Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,623 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 (143916 Views)

Germany Vs Algeria: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2014 / Uruguay Vs Italy - Confederations Cup: (2 - 3) On Pens On 30th June 2013 / Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by MrMac10(m): 7:34pm On Jun 28, 2014
Patriotism tells me that France will beat us with a slim margin,but realism tells me that France will knack naija 4-1

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2014
Mr Mac-10:
Patriotism tells me that France will beat us with a slim margin,but realism tells me that France will knack naija 4-1

either way you are wrong

Naija will beat France

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2014
Mr Mac-10:

Patriotism tells me you're a fool and realism also tells me that you're a fool. grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Fulaman198(m): 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2014
Adamskuty: hehehe! oga fulaman how was the holiday nau? grin

Fine my bro, how about yours? Welcome back
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Fulaman198(m): 9:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
bboiabb:

though you have a point..it's like asking a generator to power a whole city. However, i feel like once Obabonna is fully fit, we'll be much stronger to Face the French.

My question is..do we go with Yobo? (If it ain't broke, don't fix it?) OR go with Obabonna (great ability but just recovering from injury)?

It really depends, Yobo has more experience, but he is slower. Nigeria is one of the slower teams in the World Cup, so I don't know. He seems to have good synergy though with his passes despite being older. It really is hard to say, Obabonna is quicker than Yobo, but his passes aren't as crisp.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Fulaman198(m): 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
emiye:

France played against 10 men in two out of their three group games.

Against Honduras, they only started scoring when honduras was down to 10 men in the first half,also against ecuador who played with 10 men for over 40 minutes, france could not find the back of the net.

France is a more favourable opponent for Nigeria than switzerland, not because switzerland is a better team than france, but beause France system of play will give us more space to operate and play our game than switzerland will give us.

All I am saying is that France should not be underestimated, they are a tough opponent. Argentina really isn't all that great, I actually think France is better than them. I hope Nigeria can win and play even better than we did against Argentina and come up on top.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Fulaman198(m): 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2014
safarigirl: oga fula, so you dey here? I don dey find you since. Wey your Ghanaian friends? I would think after your failed predictions of Nigeria crashing out and Ghana going to the next round, you would stay off our threads for a while. Now you don come again. I hope you're not wishing the team well, we qualify when you predict we won't cheesy grin

I'm glad that Nigeria made it out, my predictions were based on their woeful performances in friendly matches against teams like the United States and Scotland. I would have wished the Ghanaians made it out as well but they had bad luck. They played extremely well as expected against arguably the strongest team in the World Cup (Germany), and Ivory Coast was also under the flag of bad luck after having a bigoted referee. Ivory Coast case is the most painful, they deserved to advance. I am an African, simple as that. I wish success for my African brothers no matter what.

In case you didn't know, Nairaland has been down for a while so of course my Ghanaian brothers and sisters are not around.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by emiye(m): 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2014
Fulaman198:

All I am saying is that France should not be underestimated, they are a tough opponent. Argentina really isn't all that great, I actually think France is better than them. I hope Nigeria can win and play even better than we did against Argentina and come up on top.
NO signs of underestimation by the SE, but equally there should be no doling out of excess respect to the french team like we did for the argentines. France is about to get its first real test, and trust me France will struggle against the supposed weak argentine team.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Fulaman198(m): 9:27pm On Jun 28, 2014
emiye: NO signs of underestimation by the SE, but equally there should be no doling out of excess respect to the french team like we did for the argentines. France is about to get its first real test, and trust me France will struggle against the supposed weak argentine team.

That I agree with, I didn't expect SE to have that much respect for Argentina after watching their matches against Bosnia and Iran. The Iran match especially should have given Nigerians confidence. Argentina almost lost that match.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by safarigirl(f): 9:35pm On Jun 28, 2014
Fulaman198:

I'm glad that Nigeria made it out, my predictions were based on their woeful performances in friendly matches against teams like the United States and Scotland. I would have wished the Ghanaians made it out as well but they had bad luck. They played extremely well as expected against arguably the strongest team in the World Cup (Germany), and Ivory Coast was also under the flag of bad luck after having a bigoted referee. Ivory Coast case is the most painful, they deserved to advance. I am an African, simple as that. I wish success for my African brothers no matter what.

In case you didn't know, Nairaland has been down for a while so of course my Ghanaian brothers and sisters are not around.
only Ivory Coast's exit was terrible. That wasn't a penalty, the Greek guy was the one who hit the Ivorian guy. Really sad

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Fulaman198(m): 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2014
safarigirl: only Ivory Coast's exit was terrible. That wasn't a penalty, the Greek guy was the one who hit the Ivorian guy. Really sad

It was sad indeed, but yet Africans are too passive to protest, There should have been 3 African teams now in the 2nd round, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, and Algeria. That referee was such a failure.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 28, 2014
Fulaman198:

It really depends, Yobo has more experience, but he is slower. Nigeria is one of the slower teams in the World Cup, so I don't know. He seems to have good synergy though with his passes despite being older. It really is hard to say, Obabonna is quicker than Yobo, but his passes aren't as crisp.

Lol

Oboabona is a better passer of the ball and has better ball control than Yobo.

Omeruo also passes better than Yobo
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 28, 2014
safarigirl: only Ivory Coast's exit was terrible. That wasn't a penalty, the Greek guy was the one who hit the Ivorian guy. Really sad

It was a penalty

A Ivory Coast needed to do was play the ball into the corner flank and protect there till the final whistle but instead they went on a fruitless attack and could not protect their advantage for 2 minutes more

Nigeria almost made the same mistake against Bosnia. If we played for the clock down the corner flank Dzeko may not have had that chance to almost equalise

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Fulaman198(m): 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2014
mikeansy:

It was a penalty

A Ivory Coast needed to do was play the ball into the corner flank and protect there till the final whistle but instead they went on a fruitless attack and could not protect their advantage for 2 minutes more

Nigeria almost made the same mistake against Bosnia. If we played for the clock down the corner flank Dzeko may not have had that chance to almost equalise

The point is, that it should have never been a penalty. I have seen far worse incidents that were not penalties. Africans need to start protesting and stop being such weaklings and passive people.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 28, 2014
Fulaman198:

The point is, that it should have never been a penalty. I have seen far worse incidents that were not penalties. Africans need to start protesting and stop being such weaklings and passive people.

It was a clear penalty

The rules are the rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnxO-rtj25E

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Dhelake: 11:39pm On Jun 28, 2014
mikeansy:

It was a clear penalty

The rules are the rules

Thanks for that clip, I find it funny for people to say that wasn't a penalty, the bad part was terming the referee a bigot/racist, we shouldn't be playing the victim all the time when obviously we are not

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Fulaman198(m): 11:43pm On Jun 28, 2014
mikeansy:

It was a clear penalty

The rules are the rules

That was not a clear penalty that's bullcrap
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2014
Fulaman198:

That was not a clear penalty that's bullcrap

Lol

You are not very serious!

Wilfred Bony and Yaya Toure should have been able to take the ball to the corner flank and play out the last 5 minutes there.

I hope Nigeria learn from that Ivory Coast mistake

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Fulaman198(m): 12:08am On Jun 29, 2014
mikeansy:

Lol

You are not very serious!

Wilfred Bony and Yaya Toure should have been able to take the ball to the corner flank and play out the last 5 minutes there.

I hope Nigeria learn from that Ivory Coast mistake

The defence was porous during the very last minutes, however I stand by what I said that was pure bullcrap. That was by no means a penalty, I have seen far worse aka the Iran vs. Argentina game and nothing was called.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 29, 2014
Fulaman198:

The defence was porous during the very last minutes, however I stand by what I said that was pure bullcrap. That was by no means a penalty, I have seen far worse aka the Iran vs. Argentina game and nothing was called.

Different refs make different calls. If the nature of the game is rough, the ref will make less calls. If it's a clean game the ref will make a call on the slightest contace
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Fulaman198(m): 12:37am On Jun 29, 2014
bboiabb:

Different refs make different calls. If the nature of the game is rough, the ref will make less calls. If it's a clean game the ref will make a call on the slightest contace

You and I watched the same match right? Greece was clearly the rougher of the two teams. I'm tired of passive behaviour from Africans, and certain Africans advocating for the passive behaviour and stating that it is ok to penalise African teams but it's not ok when European teams are penalised, that's ridiculous.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by ololo12: 6:51am On Jun 29, 2014
@Fulaman..... Is it true that FIFA is under strict instruction not to allow any African team win the World Cup?? I heard somebody say it, on one of the threads.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 29, 2014
As Yobo has gotten his 100th cap and Oboabona is fit again, the latter should get d nod for this match.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Fulaman198(m): 7:34am On Jun 29, 2014
ololo12: @Fulaman..... Is it true that FIFA is under strict instruction not to allow any African team win the World Cup?? I heard somebody say it, on one of the threads.

Sepp Blatter doesn't really like Africans he only needs our corrupt reps to continue voting for him so that he can remain dictator of FIFA. When Africa doesn't do well, Everyone is happy. That's why it's important that all countries in Africa play well.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by seydam21(m): 7:40am On Jun 29, 2014
Guys i am playing FIFA Pro 2014 where do i press so that Suarez can bite

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by shaiguy(m): 8:41am On Jun 29, 2014
This is probably the first true test to show the eagles are a world class team now. They need to beat france.
They drew against the USA, drew with Mexico, drew with Iran, some how beat B&H, lost against Messi...they have had their test, we have said enough of "they played well, they tried o", we need to beat a world class team at a world class tournament to be respected.

WhoScored's rankings suggest Nigeria are the 5th top team in the round of 16 based on performance so far grin Just behind Brazil but ahead of Germany and Argentina sef. No matter how they came up with this their chart at least...hope dey

We need to beat France ...they are very beatable

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 29, 2014
I still believe we are winning this 2-0.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Dhelake: 8:45am On Jun 29, 2014
ololo12: @Fulaman..... Is it true that FIFA is under strict instruction not to allow any African team win the World Cup?? I heard somebody say it, on one of the threads.
It's all delusions, If FIFA so hates Africa, We would not have five slots when no two African sides have made the quarters at the same time and none have made the semis. It's just a way of Africans playing victim
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by M4gunners: 9:05am On Jun 29, 2014
Nigeria 2 vs 1 France.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by EnterPRO: 10:02am On Jun 29, 2014
Mr Mac-10:

nah, can't be worse than what we played Argentina
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by enlady(f): 11:31am On Jun 29, 2014
seydam21: Guys i am playing FIFA Pro 2014 where do i press so that Suarez can bite
grin
seydam21: Guys i am playing FIFA Pro 2014 where do i press so that Suarez can bite
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by bigwallace(m): 11:34am On Jun 29, 2014
I personally think this is a winnable game for the super eagles,provided d coach mAkes d rite selection nd also get his tactics right.i tink oboabona shud start dis game if fully fit cos i notice d french team re very mobile while attacking so we need sharp nd mobile defenders too,den moses shud play d role of babatunde cos moses is faster dan babatunde nd d transition from defence to attack should also be fast nd sharp.d french team Re beatable,mAximum concentration is required from our boys for 90 or 120 min.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (117) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Algeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers 3 - 1 (Full Time) / England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) / Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.