Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,761 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

How Was It? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Was It? (2308 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

How Was It? by DeepZone: 5:19am On Oct 04, 2008
Muslim Nairalanders, Praise your lord.

How was your Sallah celebration? Make una tell us. Was it fun or did something happen to spoil it for you?
Re: How Was It? by olabowale(m): 3:17pm On Oct 04, 2008
lol. di imale ko gbadun ee.
Re: How Was It? by Gamine(f): 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2008
Why are you asking them

e go pass nama and ruwa
Re: How Was It? by ayinba1(f): 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2008
It was fun for me here, We had a pretty decent turnout at the prayers as well as the evening party.

And gamine, contrary to what you said, we had beef, mutton, veal, (assorted) chicken, fish, iyan, rice (X3 i.e white, jollof, fried), dodo, efo, stew, fruit salad, etc

Hmnn, I'm trying to remember all. Many types of non alcoholic drinks-pop/soda, malt, non alcoholic fruit coolers etc.

And the kids had a wonderful time. It was pretty nice. I think we must have wrapped up the night no later than 10.30p.m. You know say Ame, man/woman must go to work the next day.

We had christian guests too and they really spent a good amount of time with us. Maybe you'll join us next time. grin
Re: How Was It? by olabowale(m): 11:48am On Oct 06, 2008
@Ayinba1: MashaAllah. I am happy that you had a good Eid. NuraAllah.

@Gamine: « #2 on: October 04, 2008, 03:54 PM »

Why are you asking them

e go pass nama and ruwa

From the list of foods listed above by my dearest sister, Ayinba1, is there any
"nama and ruwa?" You should be part of this celebration next year. Maybe I will
drag you to the next one; you and the whole family! Nusa.
Re: How Was It? by Gamine(f): 2:37am On Oct 07, 2008
LOL.

I will gladly attend grin

Nama=meat

Ruwa=drink

Ok!

And thats all she mentioned

still i go chop am grin
Re: How Was It? by DeepZone: 9:08am On Oct 07, 2008

I'm happy for you guys but which of your wives did you celebrate it with?
Re: How Was It? by olabowale(m): 12:15pm On Oct 07, 2008
@Deepzone: « #6 on: Today at 09:08:49 AM »

I'm happy for you guys but which of your wives did you celebrate it with?

lol. Get married and see the beauty of romance.
Gbonofunfunmi. lol. Nigbawo niwo ma lokoo?
She egbe kiloko ooshe ni o ma wa di mu ni?

Plus_Queen knows you well. I think a strong man
needs to come into your life and drag you from that
Fakery intow reality of womanhood and motherhood.
Re: How Was It? by arramyjay: 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2008
Sallah was nice thank you.
Re: How Was It? by KarmaMod(f): 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2008
Sorry mukina, but I still wanna know WHY ayinba had veal served at her celebration
Re: How Was It? by ayinba1(f): 3:28pm On Oct 09, 2008
@KARMAMOD

Production of and eating veal
Friday, 12 January 2007Sheikh Muhammad al-Manî`î,
Question: If we know that veal is produced by exceptionally cruel means, is it wrong to eat it? It seems inconsistent that Islam, which affords animals so many rights, could sanction this. In some countries, young calves are kept in what are called veal crates, which are tiny stalls which do not allow the calf to turn around, lie down, or even extend its limbs. The calves suffer physically and mentally. They get leg and joint disorders since they cannot use their muscles. Their bones break, and they get sores from where their bodies rub against the edge of the crate. They develop neurotic behaviour including: head tossing and head shaking. They start chewing the air through distraction.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Allah has decreed proficiency in everything. If you kill, then kill or slaughter something, then do so in a good manner. He should sharpen his blade and make it easy for the animal.” [Sahîh Muslim]

Muslims are categorically prohibited from abusing animals. The Prophet (peace be upon him) informs us of how a woman earned Allah’s wrath for her mistreatment of a cat. She entered the Hellfire on account of a cat that she imprisoned, neither feeding it nor letting it hunt for food. [Sahîh al-Bukhârî]

Islamic Law requires from us to be good and kind in our treatment of everything. This is especially true for those mute animals who are unable to protest or defend themselves against abuse.

Even when it comes to our lawfully slaughtering an animal for food, Islam takes the animal’s interests into consideration. We must make sure the blade is sharp, so as not to prolong the pain of slaughter by using a dull knife. We are not supposed to allow the animal to see the blade beforehand.

How much worse is it for one who raises a newborn calf in a state of abuse and misery, so that it suffers from the ailments and trauma described in your question? If the animal dies on account of such mistreatment, it is possible that the ones responsible for the calf will be punished in Hell on account of it, just like the lady who abused the cat was punished.

As for eating the veal itself, this is permissible as long as it does not cause any harm to the health of those who eat it. The meat of the calf is lawful, provided it is properly slaughtered. If eating the meat poses a health risk, then it will be unlawful to do so, since the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “There shall be neither harm nor the causing of harm.” [Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Mustadrak al-Hâkim, and others]

And Allah knows best.

Source: Islamtoday.com

By their words, you shall know them. Another lost one! You seem to know a lot about Islam. Pls post your testimony too.
shio! hisses
Re: How Was It? by ayinba1(f): 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2008
@Karmamod

And why would Mukina know why Ayinba1 served veal at her celebration?
God, some of you guys make me cringe!
Re: How Was It? by davidylan4(m): 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2008
ayinba1:

By their words, you shall know them. Another lost one! You seem to know a lot about Islam. please post your testimony too.
shio! hisses

I see your mods have run to your rescue again. grin

1. Copying more christian speak here are we? By their words . . . hmmm never saw that in a quran. cheesy

2. The testimony still biting you? grin Get over it madam. If you're so annoyed why dont you make a thread for muslim "testimonies" too.
Re: How Was It? by ayinba1(f): 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2008
@DAVID

later, you have become quite boring!
Re: How Was It? by KarmaMod(f): 4:05pm On Oct 09, 2008
I said sorry to mukina because she cleaned up the thread Madam Frustration

All I asked is why is it ok to serve veal, no need for that sermon posted. Simple question. Why is it you guys get so angry upon asking a mere question?

I was sincerely curious as to why veal is ok. I personally don't eat any kind of pork

so next time just say you can't answer instead of getting all angry for no reason.

all this frustration over pilgrim. o ga o.
Re: How Was It? by davidylan4(m): 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2008
ayinba1:

@DAVID

later, you have become quite boring!

if i were pro-islam i'D be your best friend. Sharrap dia!  grin
Isnt olabowale more boring with his lack of ability to string too grammatically correct sentences together?

Boring because i point out the fact that you dishonest woman continously steal phrases from the very bible you say is corrupt?
Boring because i constantly wonder why you have so much "love" for pilgrim and her testimony?

Get over yourself . . . this isnt a place for humor, its a place to make sure hypocrites like you don't get away with altaqiyya.

Allah sent a woman to hell for refusing to feed a cat? this allah sef . . .
Re: How Was It? by davidylan4(m): 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2008
ayinba1:

If the animal dies on account of such mistreatment, it is possible that the ones responsible for the calf will be punished in Hell on account of it, just like the lady who abused the cat was punished.

confusion reigns supreme with this people. Didnt surah 19:71 say u're all going to hell anyway? You may as well kill a calf now and enjoy it while you still have time.
Re: How Was It? by ayinba1(f): 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2008
@Karmamod

Hmnnn, I thought that by posting the sermon, it would answer your question. You need a really good mouthwash though, For a woman, you are a disappointment.

@david

what would you be if you could not speak/write/read English language? it looks like this is a big measure for you!
davidylan*:

if i were pro-islam i'D be your best friend. Sharrap dia!  grin
Isnt olabowale more boring with his lack of ability to string too grammatically correct sentences together?

did you mean "two"

And quit yellin sharrap at me. I no be ya mate boy! grin
Re: How Was It? by davidylan4(m): 4:45pm On Oct 09, 2008
ayinba1:

@david

what would you be if you could not speak/write/read English language? it looks like this is a big measure for you!

if you try to communicate in english at least try and show that you went to school no be so? grin Help us beg alhaji.
Yeah i meant "two" rather than "too" . . . typing error.
Re: How Was It? by ayinba1(f): 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2008
Na so so English we speak so tay, the ruling class in Nigeria remains the way they are.

The key is communication, my dear. And no, I retired from picking at anyone's (including yours) grammatical errors back in high school!
Re: How Was It? by KarmaMod(f): 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2008
ayinba1:

@Karmamod

Hmnnn, I thought that by posting the sermon, it would answer your question. You need a really good mouthwash though, For a woman, you are a disappointment.

For a supposed human being, you're a disgrace. Harrassing a little girl over a simple thread.

Answer a simple question without referring to personal insults. .The sermon would HAVE answered my question if not for the fact you felt the need to add unnecessary snide comments along with

You scream that you're older than people but you wont get respect until you act like you deserve it in which you have failed WOEFULLY so far.

You and olabowole both need lessons on how to act your ages.

Finish this proverb for me

Adie fufun ___________________________ wink
Re: How Was It? by Mustay(m): 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2008
Before you post, this caption appears: This forum is moderated, so please read the rules before posting. Thanks!

There's an offtopic section to chat and say non-topic related items.

There's a nairaland section to talk about Nairaland and her members (including pilgrim)

Stick to the topic(s) please please please
Re: How Was It? by KarmaMod(f): 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2008
na veal jeje I ask about o. na the bitter people brought in pilgrim grin
Re: How Was It? by ayinba1(f): 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2008
Na so so English we speak so tay, the ruling class in Nigeria remains the way they are.

The key is communication, my dear. And no, I retired from picking at anyone's (including yours) grammatical errors back in high school!
Re: How Was It? by ayinba1(f): 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2008
@KARMAMOD

last post to you, you don't get any of my messages.

but then abiiko, akoogba, ode ni won ti nkogbon wale,

you, calling olabowale names?!!

Reach where he's reached first, then you have earned the right to talk.

as for me being older than you, not sure, but david said I'm older than him, and I accept that.
Re: How Was It? by KarmaMod(f): 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2008
He can reach kingship sef, means nothing when he has no respect for himself. Same goes to you.

Since you're older than David, you're older than me as well.

Just act your age, madam elede agbaya grin
Re: How Was It? by AloyEmeka9: 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2008
E be like say i don miss a lot. Ayinba please do remember to invite me next time if you live in lagos.
Re: How Was It? by olabowale(m): 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2008
Veal is the flesh of baby cow. Not fully grown or matured cow. The flesh is very tender. Unlike the flesh of matured cow, which could be rough and tough. Veal is more expensive. Veal is not any part of swine, pig or as karmamod called it pork.

@Davidylan: « #15 on: Today at 04:07:42 PM »

if i were pro-islam i'D be your best friend. Sharrap dia!
Boring because i point out the fact that you dishonest woman continously steal phrases from the very bible you say is corrupt?

Is it possible that the Bible is the only good source of "phrases," that addresses human conditions? Sharap dia, David!
Read your own entry above, as highlighetd and tell me the need for the word "too," in there? And you are the professor. You students will come out of your class, feeling worse than they went in. You are even more boring than me.

Getting back to the issue at hand; Have you ever heard the yoruba phrase, "Eefi ni wa?" (Manner or behavior is a smoke or like smoke; you just can't contain it). It means exactly the same thing as 'by their words, acts, deeds, we shall know them.' The Bible has no exclusivity on the natural behavior of man. Instead, the Bible stiffened what is natural. For example it promulgates an idea that people should "turn the other cheek".

Tell me who has ever followed such a laughable idea before, among the Christians? A simple slap of the face of a Christian leader, in Europe started the first world war, I believe. If one of the wrestlers give you a hard slap, and, i am certain that by the time you come to your senses, you will know that turning the other cheek is not an option. But getting away from him, is a wiser decision.

Boring because i constantly wonder why you have so much "love" for pilgrim and her testimony?

Get over yourself . . . this isnt a place for humor, its a place to make sure hypocrites like you don't get away with altaqiyya.

Oh David. Nobody loves Pilgrim testimony more that a person will love to lose a $1 million in this time austere. Whats to love about what pilgrim said? The boy crazy, with too many changing of white boys, or the woman in Hijab lying about Prophet Muhammad (as), or what? You a man, you are not even running after all the tribes of Africa. You restrict yourself to Igbo and yoruba and others! Stop acting so incedious! You tool! I am a gentleman.

Allah sent a woman to hell for refusing to feed a cat? this allah sef . . .

The same Allah made a man go to Paradise by his simple act of kindness, when he gave water to a thirsty dog! The same Allah, made a man who killed 100 people and then seek forgiveness go to paradise.

But wait, didn't Jesus condemn the other "thief," who was also being crucified? What was his reason? And yet he could not save himself and had to cry out in lamentation, or in regret to a "Eloi (Allah), God and not Aba or father."

Man you are so busted and also boring.
Re: How Was It? by olabowale(m): 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2008
@Karmamod: « #25 on: Today at 06:19:08 PM »

He can reach kingship sef, means nothing when he has no respect for himself. Same goes to you.

Since you're older than David, you're older than me as well.

Just act your age, madam elede agbaya

You don't talk to your elders that way. Unless you do not want the youngs to accord you any respect.

And discussion should not turn nasty, especially when you are just putting your points across. I talk
to Davidylan* the way I do because I have a rapport with him. Same is Plus_Queen. And some others.
Re: How Was It? by KarmaMod(f): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2008
"Boy crazy" coming from a man with multiple wives all over the place.

oh the Irony.
Re: How Was It? by KarmaMod(f): 9:15pm On Oct 09, 2008
You don't respect yourself most times olabowole, so why should i respect you? Harassing girls young enough to be your daughters.

At most if we were to ever meet, you MIGHT get a half kneel from me because of my Yoruba blood. (the same Yorubas you insulted by implying we're promisicous because you have igbo wives by the way)

Doesnt mean when you turn around I wont "yimu si e"  wink

True respect is given to those who deserve it. It's really simple.
Re: How Was It? by olabowale(m): 10:05pm On Oct 09, 2008
@Karmamod: « #29 on: Today at 09:11:49 PM »

"Boy crazy" coming from a man with multiple wives all over the place.

oh the Irony.

Are you angry that I have an Igbo wife? The mother of my children is a Yoruba woman.
The ironic thing is that I do not perform an adultery. And at least I am not "woman crazy!"
Who told you that I will not marry a Yoruba woman? My first love, my mother, then my sister,
aunts, nieces, and all the women in my bloodlines are all Yoruba women. What are you
talking about.

@KarmaMod (f): « #30 on: Today at 09:15:16 PM »

You don't respect yourself most times olabowole, so why should i respect you? Harassing girls young enough to be your daughters.

Not that it matters. But is it that I dont respect myself? Is it because I disagree with your Christian viewpoints? I really, and, sincerely don't care if you respect me or not, since you put it like that. In as long I stay within the boundary of religion with you. I will be okay. How do you come to the conclusion that I harass people?

At most if we were to ever meet, you MIGHT get a half kneel from me because of my Yoruba blood. (the same Yorubas you insulted by implying we're promisicous because you have igbo wives by the way)

You my criteria for a wife? A believer! She has to be a muslim. How could I have insulted
yoruba women, when I am a yoruba man myself? Je kin simi o jare! You dont know what
you are talking about. After I am a muslim. I am a yoruba man. And the Igbo woman is
more yoruba than me. I will say.Ma kunle fun mi o.

Olorun Oba ni ki o kunle fun. Ko fori bale fun Olorun Allah tio lafi we! Karmamod, you are a
funny woman. Almost feisty. Almost I said.

When I read an entry where Yoruba women were being put down, I spoke against it and
ask how all of you, especially the Yoruba males in Christianity did not rise up to defend their
women folks, since the supposed culprit was a Christian. Je kin rookon, o jare.

Doesnt mean when you turn around I wont "yimu si e"

Thats agaba gebe! You yimu si wa leyin wa. Terrible. At least you
know not to do it niwaju wa. Nibo lonjesi, gon? I am in Manhattan. I may visit
Brooklyn, in the coming weeks.

True respect is given to those who deserve it. It's really simple.

How do you determine those who are truly deserving of it? Their
agreement with you? Thats disingenous. You will never find more
honest people than those who disagree with you with malicious intent.
Aburo, you are not sincere!

And by the way, when I said you should not talk to your elder in a
disrespecting way, I meant Ayinba1. Me, I can handle your woman yanga.
You are bent on proofing something. Thats okay with me.

(1) (2)

Sunnahs And Etiquettes Of EID. / Why Are Muslims Still Raw Over The Crusades? / A Mother And Her Sick Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.