Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama (1897 Views)

McCain Fires Back At Putin With America's Own Letter To Russians / US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain / Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by davidif: 6:13am On Oct 04, 2008
Let's face it, the reason why most of you support NObama for President is because he is black or because his dad was from Africa. Majority of you guys don't even know his party beliefs or what they stand for.

This guy is a new senator serving just his first term and he is so inexperienced, is he the guy who going to lead American in probably one of the most important eras in American history? I don't think so, the leader who is going to do that is someone who is tough, experienced and decisive like McCain who was a warhero and known as a maverick in the senate. In case, you didn't know, America is in a huge moment of crisis, with the credit crunch, mortgage meltdown a ballooning deficit and a war we can't seem to get out and the last thing we need is another popular celebrity with all style and no substance. Like one recent commercial said, "he may be the one, but is he ready to lead?" is record in the senate says NO!!!! He voted present in the senate over 150 times and yet he refused to vote on any meaningful legislation. What does that tell us? that he is very indecisive, and Americans have learnt what indecision in the oval office can cause (see: Jimmy Carter). Americans would rather stick with a president who is wrong but who is decisive and bold than one who might be right but indecisive. John McCain has principles to stick with his convictions in the face of the tide. He supported the surge even when it was not popular, and now that it is now a success, everybody seems to be on board. Most important is that he unlike Obama he doesn't form his political arguements on popular opinion. With John McCain, you know where you stand but with Obama he seems to be shifting all the time.

NObama seems to promises a lot more than he can deliever, he claims to be a uniter but he has a mentor who happens to be a racist pastor but besides all that, what's worse is that you don't know where he stands he seems to craft his stance based on popular opinion he belongs to a party that has traditionally TOLERATED HOMOSEXUAL MARRIAGE AND ABORTION. I don't know how you can call yourselves people of religion and still root for the democrats. The man advocates cutting and running and leaving the iraqis behind while they are ill-equipped to fight the war themselves. If America cannot get the job done now and leave in just 16months, something would force them in future to come back. Like John McCain said about a soldier who told him "let us win sir, so that my children won't have to come back here". The iraqi's are not fully ready so we can't leave them behind, it would be immoral. Can you imagine what would have happened if we had left the Germans after winning world war 2, the soviets would have taken Germany putting England and France under a gun.  The last time we left people behind they got swallowed (read: the vietnam war), this means we can't bail out on them like that.

Another reason, to vote for McCain is so that i can oogle at Palin for the next 4 years grin grin grin.

By the way, let's keep this arguement CIVIL.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by Jakumo(m): 8:18am On Oct 04, 2008
Macain is a bumbling, geriatric battle veteran who is prone to spontaneous fits of uncontrollable rage, and who, in a desperate search for a token female running mate, randomly plucked a semi-literate and profoundly un-informed house-wife out of well-deserved obscurity in an Alaska trailer park,  a vantage point from where she recently concluded  that peering through binoculars at the Russian landmass amounts to foregin affairs experience worthy of bragging about, yet some folks like the poster here feel that this pair of slapstick comedians ought to be voted into the the White House.

Well, after a millisecond of deep contemplation, I re-affirm that there is no better choice for the next American president than OBAMA, but even if this charismatic, articulate and highly educated attorney were not in the running for US president, I would still choose a trained chimpanzee to lead America over McSame and his pet poodle, Mrs. Sarah Painin, who really should return to her 17-child homestead in time for the best of deer-hunting season.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by AloyEmeka9: 9:21am On Oct 04, 2008
worse is that you don't know where he stands he seems to craft his stance based on popular opinion he belongs to a party that has traditionally TOLERATED HOMOSEXUAL MARRIAGE AND ABORTION

Did you not watch the debate last night when Biden made it clear that they do not support gay marriage but at the same time will not deny them their civil rights if needs be. Is homosexuality the worst sin in the world? What is the difference between their sin and the sins of our Nigerian leaders when it comes to embezzlement?  What is the difference between the sins republicans engineered in Iraq, Wall street and homosexuality?

Every sin is equal before God my brother including homosexuality. I haven't seen anybody that said you should be descriminated in Nairaland because you are a liar or a thief or a dibia.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by Ibime(m): 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2008
I never knew Davidif was an infant till today.

If you are going to come with stuff against Obama, please come with valid talking points, not the soundbites concocted by the Republican campaign to persuade the simple of mind.

I don't know where to start in dissecting your post so Ill just leave it there.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by kevd2: 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2008
@Davidif, it seems that you are a brainwashed Nigerian/in America that accepts anything that the Republican Brand sells .I find a lot of your claims to be specious at best .
Firstly, Nigerians and 95% of african Americans will vote for Obama, simply because he is black just the same way many white working Americans and the Evangelicals/Rebublicans will not vote for him simply because he is Black.People are excited about this race more than ever before because Obama represents a change in Direction especially after the failed Bush Policies of the last 8 yrs that have been ironically Republican.This man is a Havard graduate that got admitted without affirmative action and turned down high paying jobs on Wall Street just to be a community organiser and advocate.So he has a record of Sevice that trancends Millitary Jingoism as portrayed by John McCain.
On your Claim that Obama is just trying to have popular appeal, this is the same man that voted against the war in Iraq at a time it was politically risky to do so.So he has shown better judgement than John McSame that chose a weak Governor Palin just to win the womens vote.It turns out that she is a disaster in waiting as she has nothing to offer apart from sex appeal as evidenced by her recent interview with Katie Couric on Fox News.Obama has already shown better judgement on issues ranging from choice of VP,decision to fight to an Immoral war,Negotiations with Iran which also ironically Henry Kissinger a former Republican Secretary of State has advocated.John McSame is just an impetuous warmonger.
On your Claim,that Obama supports Homosexuality or is Pro-choice.in as much as these acts are considered ugly, so to speak, these are personal choices that a man will answer only to his creator. The notion that no one should vote Democrat strictly because of Social values is naive.Liberal values transcends Homosexuality and Abortion Issuess.Positive programs that have advanced the cause of minorities in America including Blacks like your self, such as New Deal , Civil right Laws and the Affirmative Action could only have succeded under Liberal Platforms.
The US Economy is failing today because or the conservative fiscal attitude of Markets without any regulation which has in turn led to the collapse of the markets due practices by unscrupulous individuals that has been unchecked.

Obama represents a change while and to something new. Mc Cain has been around for a while and only brags about how he went to prison.I suggest you come up with better reaons to vote Republican rather than just being Presmptuous.

Obama bin Biden 2008. At least a break from the past.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by texazzpete(m): 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2008
The fact that Obama is Black plays some part, no doubt. But more important;y, the whole world needs Change in the way America is run. McCain is too similar to bush for my liking.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2008
it,s a shame if you cannot see beyond, what you are been told, i mean how bad can it get under this republicans, and yet you are clouded with so much lies and deceit, can,t you see the world is changing, with what you said concerning palin, i know you are only saying this cos you seek attention. better start getting use to the fact dat obama is the next president of the usa.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by davidif: 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2008
On your Claim that Obama is just trying to have popular  appeal, this is the same man that voted against the war in Iraq at a time it was politically risky to do so

No he didn't vote for the war because he was not a US senator at the time.

The  US Economy is failing today because or the conservative fiscal attitude of Markets without any regulation which has in turn led to the collapse of the markets due practices by unscrupulous individuals that has been unchecked.

Actually the subprime mortgage lending started in 1999 with the clinton administrations decision to allow poor people (or people who were not qualified for loans) to get it.

Hey let's all argue with some class and not become unnecessarily impassioned.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by gregg2: 11:22pm On Oct 04, 2008
McCain will soon be senile
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by frag(m): 4:11am On Oct 05, 2008
Make una fire am (the poster). Obama might not be well experienced but you know he is more capable than John Mccain. Obama is sound. And he is probably gonna be the liberator of the black race and the rest. Most of all,if he is not good as the poster wants us to believe Americans wouldn't nominate him over Hillary clinton. angry
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by kevd2: 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2008
@Davidif, sorry Barrack Obama was a US senator as of the time of the war and voted agaisnst the war actually he was one of the few that did so,or have you forgotten the primaries campaign so soon when he accused Hillary for voting for the ar and not apologizing , he did vote for the war. Check your facts properly.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by davidif: 11:04pm On Oct 05, 2008
@kev-d
Go look it up, Obama came into the senate in the 2004 elections and America invaded Iraq in 2003.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by davidif: 11:18pm On Oct 05, 2008
Most of all,if he is not good as the poster wants us to believe Americans wouldn't nominate him over Hillary clinton.

Because hillary is not likeable. A lot of Americans do hate clinton whether you like it or not.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by KarmaMod(f): 11:23pm On Oct 05, 2008
Macain is a bumbling, geriatric battle veteran who is prone to spontaneous fits of uncontrollable rage, and who, in a desperate search for a token female running mate, randomly plucked a semi-literate and profoundly un-informed house-wife out of well-deserved obscurity in an Alaska trailer park, a vantage point from where she recently concluded that peering through binoculars at the Russian landmass amounts to foregin affairs experience worthy of bragging about, yet some folks like the poster here feel that this pair of slapstick comedians ought to be voted into the the White House.

grin

and Davidif, quit embarrassing yourself.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by blackspade(m): 12:27am On Oct 06, 2008
I disagree with you davidif. I, and many other Africans look at the issues when discussing this election. Sarah Palin linking Barack Obama to terrorism yesterday was the final straw for me. That was low, even for a 'dirty' election campaign. It's fine to dislike Obama, but dislike him based on his policies, not his f.ucking name, or any alleged links to terrorism.

The Democrats were wrong in saying that McCain/Palin represent 4 years of Bush / more of the same. The McCain/Palin ticket represents 4 years that'll be worse than the last 8 years of George Bush. They will make us enemies, not friends. They will deregulate healthcare even more, making it even more unaffordable. They will keep us in Iraq until the war is won (even though it's not a war, it's a free police service for Iraq), regardless of the fact that it's costing us billions. They will turn a blind eye to homeowners losing their homes. Sarah Palin also stated that the government should "step aside", yet she wants the government to be right in our business when it comes to issues that interfere with her religious beliefs, such as same sex marriage and abortion (she stated this during the VP debate with Biden).

Most of the garbage coming out of Sarah Palin's mouth is LIES, or stuff she's been programmed to say (which she recites in robot-like fashion). Now she's linking Barack Obama to terrorists who want to destroy this country -- way to go. I guess she's simply trying to appeal to the moronic crowd of neocons who yell "Barack Hussein Obama".

The woman is not only inexperienced, but she is also dangerous. She stated that if her and McCain were elected, she wants to expand the power of the Vice President -- a woman who has NEVER been to Washington in her whole life.

John McCain could have chosen a far better running mate; Tim Pawlenty, Charlie Crist, Mitt Romney to name but a few. I'm no fan of pretty much any Republican, but I'D have at least given John McCain credit for choosing a half-decent running mate, given the fact that his choice is far more crucial than Barack Obama's due to McCain's health and age being a factor in whether he'll be able to see out his first term.

Back to Sarah Palin; all that crap about 'Joe Sixpack' and 'Hockey moms' is nothing more than a feeble attempt of hers to make her look like an ordinary human being, not the power crazed, overly ambitious, arrogant lady that she is. During the VP debate, did any of you also notice that she showed NO emotion whatsoever when Joe Biden clearly choked up after he mentioned losing his wife & child in a car accident? She failed to answer most of the questions and she kept changing the subject, as if it were the 'Sarah Palin Show' on Fox News. She has no answers on the economy, she doesn't care about healthcare, or the millions of Americans who've either lost their homes, or are at risk of losing them.

Sarah Palin is obviously the new (ugly version of) Ann Coulter and I don't want her anywhere near Washington. People are losing their jobs, people are losing their homes and the economy is in serious rubbish right now. You'D think that at this stage, McCain/Palin would be focusing on the economy, not pandering to the "Barack Hussein Obama" crowd, none of whom would have voted for Obama anyway.

Sorry for the rant, but I don't just want the McCain/Palin ticket to get beaten; I want them to get wiped off the electoral map and humiliated (and I direct this more at Palin rather than McCain himself).
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by davidif: 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2008
I disagree with you davidif. I, and many other Africans look at the issues when discussing this election. Sarah Palin linking Barack Obama to terrorism yesterday was the final straw for me. That was low, even for a 'dirty' election campaign. It's fine to dislike Obama, but dislike him based on his policies, not his f.ucking name, or any alleged links to terrorism.

Hey blackspade, this is politics and everything is fair game, remember karl rove in 2000 and 2004?

Of course, i would have prefered Mitt Romney or even Bobby Jindal but he went for Palin to appease the christian right and win more votes. It was basically a strategic decision.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by blackspade(m): 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2008
davidif:

Hey blackspade, this is politics and everything is fair game, remember karl rove in 2000 and 2004?

Of course, i would have prefered Mitt Romney or even Bobby Jindal but he went for Palin to appease the christian right and win more votes. It was basically a strategic decision.
This is politics, but this also is a time when America is in crisis, and all the Republicans want to talk about is unsubstantiated claims that Obama shares the same beliefs as William Ayers? I find it extremely ironic that they're saying these things, when BOTH Palin and McCain, were and are involved with ongoing scandals, not to mention Todd Palin being a secessionist!

The Republicans started a fight they should have known better not to start. Other than Sarah Palin's husband being a secessionist, she is also involved in multiple scandals, including TROOPERGATE. This woman wants to be VP, but is already battling corruption charges before she is even voted in?

McCain on the other hand has been involved in a famous scandal, the KEATING FIVE. This man was actually brought to court for this, not anything that was rumored, but something that held in court.

Like I said before, the Republicans are digging themselves into a hole, and the more dirt they sling, the deeper they'll be.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by Truequest(m): 11:11pm On Oct 06, 2008
I have honestly refused to be pulled into what has now become 'Obamanamia' for some of the reasons stated by Davidif and also I really can't place him on several issues and most of all is that, it is Americans' problem determining who their next president will be and not mine.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by blackspade(m): 12:57am On Oct 07, 2008
Whether you are a fan of Barack Obama or not, the United States NEEDS a major change in the White House. John McCain has had over a year to prove that he doesn't represent four more years of more of the same, but he and his campaign have failed miserably in that sense. Now the McCain campaign are at the last straw, launching attacks on Barack Obama's character, failing to realize that this is just making them look increasingly pathetic, clutching at straws.

Sarah Palin's addition to the ticket was either a feeble attempt to lure those who would have chosen Hillary Clinton, or John McCain was pressured to pick her by the far right of the Republican Party. If they chose Sarah Palin to try to win over Hillary's supporters, what were they thinking? The only thing Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton have in common is that they're both female.

The best thing John McCain and his campaign could do would be to focus on the economy instead of trying to link Barack Obama to terrorists. If they do that and if John McCain does well in the next debate (town hall meeting format), they may not suffer a landslide defeat.

As for Sarah Palin, after the Repubicans lose, she needs to go back to Alaska and stay there. She's far too dangerous to be anywhere near Washington and she should stick to shooting Alaskan wildlife and her husband can re-join the Alaskan Independence Party.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by davidif: 4:08am On Oct 07, 2008
Sarah Palin's addition to the ticket was either a feeble attempt to lure those who would have chosen Hillary Clinton, or John McCain was pressured to pick her by the far right of the Republican Party. If they chose Sarah Palin to try to win over Hillary's supporters, what were they thinking? The only thing Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton have in common is that they're both female.

Blackspade, you have nooooooooo idea how americans love this woman, she is so anti-Hillary and they love her for that. Trust me, i live in middle America, and believe me when i say this, they would have prefered a Palin/McCain ticket and not a McCain/Palin ticket. They are sooooooooo enamored with this woman its not even funny. She also galvanizes the religious right as McCain is not seen as conservative enough.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by Jakumo(m): 7:16am On Oct 07, 2008
davidif:

They are sooooooooo enamored with this woman its not even funny. She also galvanizes the religious right as McCain is not seen as conservative enough.

Sounds like there will be more than a few broken hearts in Middle America when Mcain and his pet poodle LOSE the upcoming presidential election to make way for the landing of the Obama/Biden mothership.

On a positive note for Palin, however, her election shut-out and resounding loss should at least bestow her with that mandatory 15 minutes of fleeting fame that she can subsequently parlay into a few months of steady income doing the late-night TV talk-show circuit for the amusement of bored insomniacs coast to coast.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by davidif: 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2008
On a positive note for Palin, however, her election shut-out and resounding loss should at least bestow her with that mandatory 15 minutes of fleeting fame that she can subsequently parlay into a few months of steady income doing the late-night TV talk-show circuit for the amusement of bored insomniacs coast to coast.

Trust me, even if they lose this coming elections. The future is bright for conservatives. There are a lot of young conservative govs. in the future including Bobby Jindal (Louisiana) and even Sarah Palin. If she loses the election, she would go back home and having garnered experience she could come back and make a stronger bid in 4 years from now. Like i said, you have noooooooo idea, how much of a favorable impression she has left upon us. She is able to galvanize the christian right in an unbelievable way its not even funny.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by Truequest(m): 8:56pm On Oct 07, 2008
@ poster
I have reasons to be more inclined to what you are saying, cos I'm not comfortable the way his stand on a lot of issues. But like I said it is Americans' problems and not mine or better said not ours.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by RichyBlacK(m): 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2008
Truequest:

@ poster
I have reasons to be more inclined to what you are saying, because I'm not comfortable the way his stand on a lot of issues. But like I said it is Americans' problems and not mine or better said not ours.

Can you tell us a few of Obama's positions on issues that you're not comfortable with?
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by A40(m): 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2008
McCain for what? Obama is America's last hope if they want to suffer another 8 years then be my guest the Republicans suck
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by A40(m): 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2008
Talking about tolerating Gay Marriage and stuff if i recall correctly isn't California one of the states that have legalized gay marriages?Is California not a Republican State tongue
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:44pm On Oct 07, 2008
Vote for McCain, and for Canadians vote for a Conservative majority. Let's send the North American economy spiraling into a larger recession, with more libertarian axing of regulations. Lets cut taxes to larger corporations and cut social welfare programs. Hurray for private health care, which dilapidate the public one, hurray to publicly funded private education which leaves the public system in shambles. (After we are done with Iraq, we can go and attack Iran, that way we arbitrarily inflate the price of oil for our own callous advantage  lipsrsealed)

Honestly if you are an immigrant as most of us are when you hear republican/conservative you should run away, run far away, unless of course you have already made and are selfish and don't care about the less fortunate.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by kokorunna(m): 4:00pm On Oct 08, 2008
You must be joking to elect McCain as President, the economy will collapse under him.

USA needs a change for once, look at the mess President Bush has created.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by AloyEmeka9: 4:15pm On Oct 08, 2008
You must be joking to elect McCain as President, the economy will collapse under him.

USA needs a change for once, look at the mess President Bush has created.

Let's put sentiments aside for once. Any president that enters the office after Bush will have hell to pay and not much will change. The damage has been done.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by jaybee3(m): 10:12am On Oct 09, 2008
@davidif

How do you explain the gaffe below?

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) made an overnight change in the homeowner bailout he proposed at Tuesday’s presidential debate, making it more generous to financial institutions and more costly for taxpayers.

ADVERTISEMENT

McCain's staff says it was always meant that way.

When McCain sprung his surprise idea at the start of the debate in Nashville, his campaign posted details online of his American Homeownership Resurgence Plan, which would direct the government to buy up bad home mortgages, allowing strapped people to keep their property.

The document posted and e-mailed by the McCain campaign on Tuesday night says at the end of its first full paragraph: “Lenders in these cases must recognize the loss that they’ve already suffered.”

So the government would buy the mortgages at a discounted rate, reflecting the declining value of the mortgage paper.

But when McCain reissued the document on Wednesday, that sentence was missing, to the dismay of many conservatives.

That would mean the U.S. would pay face value for the troubled documents, which was the main reason Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) gave for opposing the plan.

A McCain campaign official explained the change: “That language was mistakenly included in the initial draft and it’s been corrected. It doesn’t reflect the intentions of the initiative, which necessitated the correction and the removal of the sentence. A simple mistake.”

Obama Campaign Economic Policy Director Jason Furman said in the campaign statement opposing McCain's plan: "John McCain wants the government to massively overpay for mortgages in a plan that would guarantee taxpayers lose money, and put them at risk of losing even more if home values don’t recover. The biggest beneficiaries of this plan will be the same financial institutions that got us into this mess, some of whom even committed fraud."

The McCain campaign estimates in both documents that the plan would cost about $300 billion.

Source: Yahoo
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by davidif: 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2008
Is California not a Republican State

@A-40

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O, California is not a republican state but a fuuuuuull blown liberal state. Because they have a republican gov. does not make it republican.
Re: Mccain For President: Say No To Nobama by tope2000(f): 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2008
Is this guy serious shocked shocked
4 REAL

(1) (2) (Reply)

U.S. Officials Kills Deal To Rebuild Church Near Ground Zero / Obamas Celebrate Happy 19th Wedding Anniversary / Serious Question: What Is Your Problem With Black Americans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.