Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,951 members, 7,828,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant (5997 Views)

Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by dayokanu(m): 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2008
Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, newly picked as Republican John McCain's running mate, has revealed that her 17-year-old daughter is pregnant.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7592636.stm

These republicans self. I heard George Bush's daughters are Drunks
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by RibaduFan(m): 7:43pm On Sep 01, 2008
This is simply a case of 'like mother like daughter'
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by tpia: 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2008
such a rash of teenage pregnancies these days.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by McKren(m): 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2008
Not sure why she accepted to be VP in the first place

Talk about putting political ambition over family
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by dayokanu(m): 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2008
For someone meant to attract evangelical votes. For a party that a religious hypocrites living holier than Thou.

This is a real dent. Moreover she has been nominee less than a week.

Former beauty pageant. Waiting for news that she posed nude or slept with judges.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by RibaduFan(m): 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2008
for a pro-abstinence, pro-life, pro-evangelical, this is simply unacceptable.

Pro-hyprocrisy I would say
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by tpia: 8:34pm On Sep 01, 2008
come oh.

Her daughter's pregnancy is a private matter.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Queenisha: 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2008
tpia:

come oh.

Private matter for where?
This is politics.
The moment she stepped onto that platform,she lost her privacy

This is good news for our camp.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Riskie(f): 8:37pm On Sep 01, 2008
Amen!
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by dayokanu(m): 8:41pm On Sep 01, 2008

Yemi don't be so judgmental It could be another virgin Birth coming to America grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by RibaduFan(m): 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2008
the republicans have finanlly shot themselves in the foot. Hope the democrats would go for the full kill.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by bawomolo(m): 8:44pm On Sep 01, 2008
tpia:

come oh.

family values are important among social conservatives, no be small matter for them oo.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Cayon(f): 8:56pm On Sep 01, 2008
Those without Sins cast the first stone.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Sisikill: 9:11pm On Sep 01, 2008
Lawd-a-mercy! Aren't they still wrestling with the "Is Trig Sarah Palin's Son or Grandson" issue?

However will the GOP deal with this now?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by tpia: 9:11pm On Sep 01, 2008
Cayon:

I wonder oh.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2008
I don cast the first stone. . . . . . . watch out!!!!. . . . . your head. . . . . gbosa. tongue
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by bawomolo(m): 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2008
Cayon:

go ask obama about what happened to jack ryan in illinois. americans tightly scrutinize the personal life of their politicians. family values is very important among already disgruntled evangelicals in the republican party.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Sisikill: 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2008
Obama Says Palin Pregnancy “Off Limits”

Barack Obama addressed a gaggle of reporters this afternoon to discuss the latest goings-on with Hurricane Gustav. After brief opening comments on the much-hyped, overly politicized hurricane, reporters were curious about one thing: 17-year-old Bristol Palin’s pregnancy, made public today.

“I have heard some of the news on this and so let me be a clear as possible: I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people’s families are off limits, and people’s children are especially off limits. This shouldn’t be part of our politics,” the Democrat said forcefully. “It has no relevance to Governor Palin’s performance as governor, or her potential performance as a VP. And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories,” he continued.

The candidate who himself was born to a teenage mom, reminded reporters, “You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and you know teenage children, that shouldn’t be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that’s off limits.”

When asked about an “unnamed McCain advisor” accusing the Obama campaign of spreading despicable rumors surrounding Bristol Palin online, Obama interrupted the reporter mid-question. “I am offended by that statement. There is no evidence at all that any of this involved us,” he said directly. “Our people were not involved in any way in this, and they will not be. And if I ever thought that it was somebody in my campaign that was involved in something like that - they’d be fired,” he added.

With that, Obama boarded his airport-bound bus to head to Milwaukee for a rally.

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/09/01/obama-says-palin-pregnancy-off-limits/
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Sisikill: 9:41pm On Sep 01, 2008
GOP Establishment Wrestles With Bristol Palin Pregnancy

The Politico) The early response among Republicans to the announcement that Bristol Palin, the 17-year-old daughter of GOP VP hopeful Sarah Palin, is pregnant, has been calm and collected, although it has definitely raised concerns for rank-and-file Republicans that more unpleasant revelations may soon follow.

Responding to Internet rumors that Bristol Palin had given birth earlier this year, and that Sarah Palin had claimed the child was her son Trig, the McCain campaign released a statement saying that Bristol Palin is currently pregnant and plans to marry the father.

Republicans have either taken the line that Bristol Palin's pregnancy is a personal matter for Palin and her family, or they are suggesting that it is a situation that lots of normal Americans can relate to, either from their own family history or that or friends and classmates.

"I don't think this is going to be a big deal down the stretch" of the 2008 election, said a top House Republican aide, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

"It's nobody's business but the Palins," added another Senate GOP leadership staffer.

But it does create a level of uncertaintly about Palin, among Republicans and the media, and that can be a huge negative for Palin's candidacy. Combined with Troopergate, the allegation that Palin fired the top Alaska state police official because he refused to fire Palin's former brother-in-law, a trooper.

"Clearly, yes, absolutely," said a GOP strategist when asked about whether Republicans were afraid more negative stories about Palin would emerge soon.

"Palin can get through this, but what you don't want is a level of uncertainty about her, about whether she should be on the [Republican] ticket. That's not a good thing for any candidate."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/01/politics/politico/thecrypt/main4405099.shtml

I'm a little confused with the bolded portion. Are they saying they expect more? Why. . . I mean didn't they vet her properly? Why are they acting like McCain just picked her from the street.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2008
yemmyse:

dayokanu:

For someone meant to attract evangelical votes. For a party that a religious hypocrites living holier than Thou.

This is a real dent. Moreover she has been nominee less than a week.

Former beauty pageant. Waiting for news that she posed nude or slept with judges.

I have a question for you two here. What exactly is the hypocrisy here? Why do you think evangelicals are going to see her as a hypocrite? I really do not understand how two adults can arrive at the conclusion that this announcement meaning Palin is a hypocrite or the republican party as a whole are being hypocritical in this. What are my missing here?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by KarmaMod(f): 11:22pm On Sep 01, 2008
or a pro-abstinence, pro-life, pro-evangelical, this is simply unacceptable.

grin

Lmao is this the woman they expect Hiliary supporters to run to?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by mazaje(m): 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2008
Rumours are going around that her last child with down syndrome is actually her daughters child, if that is true then all i can say is shocked shocked shocked These self rightoeus christain(racist) rethugs. gaddam i dislike most of them.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by EmekaNaija(m): 12:30am On Sep 02, 2008
I have been analyzing the Republican ideology for years now, and i have a simple conclusion: The Republicans are like the Biblical Pharisees. They know the truth, yet turn the truth on its head.

Republicans are quick to call Palins' daughter case as private, Even DObson, yet they forget that this is fornication.
Republicans are pro-life, yet they support a war which destroys human life. They are agaisnt abortion yet support fornication.
They deny the power of science and oppose stem cell research, yet they are the first to take advantage of so developed cures.

The Dems better prepare attacks on Mcain's judgement and hypocrisy on this very delicate matter.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Ynot(m): 12:43am On Sep 02, 2008
Are you sure McCain is not the father of that baby?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Ibime(m): 12:50am On Sep 02, 2008
No big deal. Leave the woman alone jo! Leave the smear campaigns to the Republicans and let the woman be.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by EmekaNaija(m): 12:52am On Sep 02, 2008
@Kobojukie
I have a question for you two here. What exactly is the hypocrisy here? Why do you think evangelicals are going to see her as a hypocrite? I really do not understand how two adults can arrive at the conclusion that this announcement meaning Palin is a hypocrite or the republican party as a whole are being hypocritical in this. What are my missing here?

In simple terms, this is the hypocrisy in the matter:

Abortion, we all agree, is morally wrong. Abortion can only take place after fornication or sex. How do you condemy the secondary sin of abortion without condemning the original sin of fornication. How does a mother's policy be abstinence (and anti-abortion if the daughter is raped), yet the daughter is pregnant. Kids in America needs a more complete sex education - abstinence, birth control and prevention.
Infact, the Palins need to keep their legs closed. This same girl just had a baby in April, and if you check properly she is 5 months pregnant again (April to September).
In order to cover this mess, these hypocrites are about to force a child into marriage. According to US laws, The impregnator should be in jail for fuc-king a minor. Nobody is talking about that because her mom is a governor. Instead, she is being forced into marriage for political purposes. If this isn't hypocrisy, i wonder what else can qualify as one.
I still wonder when the Evangelical standard became the accepted Christian standards. As far as i'm concerned, such Evangelicals as Dobson would be pretty surprised to see themselves in Hell, if they do not repent.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by KarmaMod(f): 12:53am On Sep 02, 2008
Ynot:

Are you sure McCain is not the father of that baby?

Rofl  grin
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by KarmaMod(f): 12:55am On Sep 02, 2008
Abortion can only take place after fornication or sex. How do you condemy the secondary sin of abortion without condemning the original sin of fornication. How does a 's policy be abstinence (and anti-abortion if the daughter is raped), yet the daughter is pregnant. Kids in America needs a more complete sex education - abstinence, birth control and prevention.
Infact, the Palins need to keep their legs closed. This same girl just had a baby in April, and if you check properly she is 5 months pregnant again (April to September).
In order to cover this mess, these hypocrites are about to force a child into marriage

Exactly

Btw how old is the boyfriend?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 12:58am On Sep 02, 2008
EmekaNaija:

@Kobojukie
In simple terms, this is the hypocrisy in the matter:

Abortion, we all agree, is morally wrong. Abortion can only take place after fornication or sex. How do you condemy the secondary sin of abortion without condemning the original sin of fornication.
I am sure you are more intelligent than you come off with the question you pose above. How do you know that they do not condemn fornication itself? What do you think the word ABSTINENCE means? Why do you think evaneglicals preach ABSTINENCE? Where did you get this idea from? shocked

EmekaNaija:

How does a mother's policy be abstinence (and anti-abortion if the daughter is raped), yet the daughter is pregnant. Kids in America needs a more complete sex education - abstinence, birth control and prevention.

Question --- HUH??  What in the world does the above mean? shocked

EmekaNaija:

Where did you get information on her having another baby? How did you get this? shocked

EmekaNaija:

In order to cover this mess, these hypocrites are about to force a child into marriage. According to US laws, The impregnator should be in jail for fuc-king a minor. Nobody is talking about that because her mom is a governor. Instead, she is being forced into marriage for political purposes. If this isn't hypocrisy, i wonder what else can qualify as one.

How do you know she is being FORCED into a marriage? Where did you get this information from?

EmekaNaija:

I still wonder when the Evangelical standard became the accepted Christian standards. As far as i'm concerned, such Evangelicals as Dobson would be pretty surprised to see themselves in Hell, if they do not repent.
So you are basically holier then Dobson, I mean since you believe he has to repent and see things your way to avoid hell?

I hate to have to say this but your post up there makes no sense at all. The Logic is all jumbled and disconnected. If you do not mind, please expound and actually provide factual information to support your claim rather than passing off baseless speculations as fact.

PS: age of consent in Alaska is 16.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by EmekaNaija(m): 1:05am On Sep 02, 2008
@Karmamord

Btw how old is the boyfriend?

That makes for more inciteful analysis. If the guy or boyfriend is under 18, how do you justify marrying two(2) kids. If he's above 18, he should be in jail. Either way, the age is immaterial.
I believe this should be a personal matter, but the holier-than-thou Republicans are simply insane. Mcain is out of his mind to select a VP after speaking with her just once on the phone. Did i hear u say LACK OF JUDGEMENT?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by KarmaMod(f): 1:09am On Sep 02, 2008
age of consent in Alaska is 16.

and so what?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by EmekaNaija(m): 1:31am On Sep 02, 2008
@Kobojunkie

You can notify me, so i write to you, in your primary language, instead of English. I expect you understand the context of the discussion on this thread:
1) Palins' daughter get belle.
2) Sarah Palin supports only Abstinence education in schools
3) James Dobson issued a statement in support of the Palins as living out pro-life values.
4) Sarah Palin made the announcement of (Bristol's),the daughter's 5 month pregnancy in order to debunk allegation that Bristol is the mother of her (Sarah Palin's) youngest child
5) Bristol is 5 months pregnant, which doesn't rule out her previous baby in April 08.
5) Bristol is just 17 years old and still in high school, so the decision to get married is purely political
6) Dobson and his group prayed for rain to disturb Obama's speech, yet in reply, Hurricane Gustav changes the RNC schedule
7) Dobson, or any evangelical, is not in a position to determine what is right or wrong
cool When Spear's sister got pregnant and decided to marry her boo, the same Republicans criticized and condemned her

So, when you come to this blog, i expect you have a fair knowledge of the topic being discussed. If you need facts, you can find it out yourself. It is readily out there. Just Google it, ok?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Post Your Solution To America's Illegal Immigration Problem . . . / Wikileaks’ James Bond Styled Secret Headquarters Revealed / Imagine Being In Traffic For 13 Days!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.