Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 (172371 Views)

MTN Scholarship 2014 Shortlists / MTN Scholarship 2014 Thread / Esso Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2014/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
rajrascal: walahi!!..dis thread quiet today o..
csimms7!!....cabaye!!..emmabc!!..seselez!!..dantidote!!..scientist!!..frangbon!!..all my people dem,where una dey?

Its well mates,at the end of the day when we get the award letter,we wont even remember times like these,keep the faith..#webelieve#

No b small mata my dear friends... Person don gather faith to the extent say my name don b faith. Anways nxt week is anoda week of hope.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by seselez: 7:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
csimms7!!....cabaye!!..emmabc!!..seselez!!..dantidote!!..scientist!!..frangbon!!..all my people dem,where una dey?

Its well mates,at the end of the day when we get the award letter,we wont even remember times like these,keep the faith..#webelieve#

My dear, i dey one corner dey look u. Na true na, but we go remember say nddc delay us big time
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 10:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
Wow what an adventure! I love NDDC parols dis year oooo!! lolz...people don wait tire
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Frangbon: 5:23am On Jul 26, 2014

Still here, keeping the Faith
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 9:43am On Jul 27, 2014
How long does the UK student visa application take, especially during peak periods?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
GlobalCareers: How long does the UK student visa application take, especially during peak periods?

It is usually minimum of 6 weeks, but since NDDC has an MoU with some U.K schools and obviously with the embassy it will take less than 6 weeks for us....#HappySunday#teamOptimistic...
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
Benny247:

It is usually minimum of 6 weeks, but since NDDC has an MoU with some U.K schools and obviously with the embassy it will take less than 6 weeks for us....#HappySunday#teamOptimistic...

Thanks
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by lazinc(m): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
GlobalCareers: How long does the UK student visa application take, especially during peak periods?

It's usually 3 weeks (15 working days)
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 7:49pm On Jul 27, 2014
lazinc:

It's usually 3 weeks (15 working days)

Oh, that's great! Thanks.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 9:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
Is it possible for someone to change university immediately after arriving the UK?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by lazinc(m): 10:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
GlobalCareers: Is it possible for someone to change university immediately after arriving the UK?

I'm sorry you cannot. The reason being that your CAS is attached to your visa, i.e The school that offered you CAS is responsible for your stay in the UK.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 6:20am On Jul 28, 2014
I understand that study funds should be kept in a bank account for 28 days. But are we presenting a bank statement for the past 1 month or 2 mnths or 6 mnths?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 8:32am On Jul 28, 2014
GlobalCareers: I understand that study funds should be kept in a bank account for 28 days. But are we presenting a bank statement for the past 1 month or 2 mnths or 6 mnths?

NDDC should pls give us greenlight this week....cos of the short time left in stocking our acct with d necessary funds as well as the time needed in obtaining d student visa
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 9:59am On Jul 28, 2014
How do I go about in borrowing funds to be in my acct. I have not found anyone to borrow from yet? Do I have to consult my bank or what other options?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 2:24pm On Jul 28, 2014
GlobalCareers: I understand that study funds should be kept in a bank account for 28 days. But are we presenting a bank statement for the past 1 month or 2 mnths or 6 mnths?

All your questions on student visa application can be answered on this thread,i find it extremely helpful myself.

https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 2:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
GlobalCareers: How do I go about in borrowing funds to be in my acct. I have not found anyone to borrow from yet? Do I have to consult my bank or what other options?

How much funds are we talking about bro..dats the first step,have you thought of breaking the lump sum into smaller bits and seeking from various sources?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
rajrascal:

How much funds are we talking about bro..dats the first step,have you thought of breaking the lump sum into smaller bits and seeking from various sources?

That shld be within 3.2m. Getting from different sources is a good idea. But it won't be easy coz the money is much.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
our scholarship letters are observing public holidays. smh

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by inteli: 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
cabaye: our scholarship letters are observing public holidays. smh
grin
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 10:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
cabaye: our scholarship letters are observing public holidays. smh

i hope tmao promises to be another day of hope
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by EMMABC1(m): 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
Dantidote:

NDDC should pls give us greenlight this week....cos of the short time left in stocking our acct with d necessary funds as well as the time needed in obtaining d student visa
Don't worry abt meeting d financial conditions for d visa. The award letter covers everything. The 28days rule does not apply to scholarshp-funded study frm recognized govt and corporate institutions- which nddc is among. For the visa processing time, it usually takes 2wks, 3wks up to 4wks at peak periods. One can still meet up as most UK schools resume last week (btw 28-30th ) of september, deadline extending to 1st week of Oct for int'l students.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
Dantidote:

i hope tmao promises to be another day of hope

don't expect anything this week from nddc. I'm very certain that their public holidays will continue throughout this week as far as this Ramadan is concern.August 6th looks more realistic.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
EMMABC1:
Don't worry abt meeting d financial conditions for d visa. The award letter covers everything. The 28days rule does not apply to scholarshp-funded study frm recognized govt and corporate institutions- which nddc is among. For the visa processing time, it usually takes 2wks, 3wks up to 4wks at peak periods. One can still meet up as most UK schools resume last week (btw 28-30th ) of september, deadline extending to 1st week of Oct for int'l students.

The award letter only covers everything if your fees+maintenance can be settled with the scholarship funding. If it doesn't then you sure have to show proof of the outstanding balance left.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by EMMABC1(m): 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
rajrascal:

The award letter only covers everything if your fees+maintenance can be settled with the scholarship funding. If it doesn't then you sure have to show proof of the outstanding balance left.
Noted. However, if nddc approves one's school, it's a full funding.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by 00francis: 1:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
EMMABC1:
Noted. However, if nddc approves one's school, it's a full funding.

please I hope u don't mind clarifying this:

Let's say Uni A is on NDDC's approved list, and the tuition fee is £16k. This leaves the scholar with insufficient funds to cover living expenses going by the visa requirements standards.

So are u implying that NDDC may have some sort of partnership with the university to assist scholars...with maybe accommodation ?

I'm just trying to understand what u meant by full funding. thanks.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by EMMABC1(m): 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
00francis:

please I hope u don't mind clarifying this:

Let's say Uni A is on NDDC's approved list, and the tuition fee is £16k. This leaves the scholar with insufficient funds to cover living expenses going by the visa requirements standards.

So are u implying that NDDC may have some sort of partnership with the university to assist scholars...with maybe accommodation ?I'm just trying to understand what u meant by full funding. thanks.
yes they are in partnership wt about 12 UK varsities whose tuition fees and cost of living are in tandem with nddc award money.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by seselez: 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
EMMABC1:
yes they are in partnership wt about 12 UK varsities whose tuition fees and cost of living are in tandem with nddc award money.

abeg make una no vex ooooo for dis question. Una sure say nddc go give scholarship dis year? Dis one wey till now dem neva even do briefing. Wen dem go come begin give letters make person begin dey find visa?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
seselez:

abeg make una no vex ooooo for dis question. Una sure say nddc go give scholarship dis year? Dis one wey till now dem neva even do briefing. Wen dem go come begin give letters make person begin dey find visa?

I am thinking they will give us the award letter during the briefing to save time....so just a single call. #TeamOptimistic.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 2:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
Benny247:

I am thinking they will give us the award letter during the briefing to save time....so just a single call. #TeamOptimistic.

I totally agree bro,i also thought of it too.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by seselez: 2:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
Benny247:

hmmmmmmmm, ok oooooo. I go dey watch from corner.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
Abeg oooo, for those that know one person or the other in NDDC, any news for us?
Please share...Thanks in advance.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
To be frank am rili confused abt the whole thing. see July don end finish no beta news from this NDDC yet...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (73) (Reply)

Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! / IGNORE All 2023 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads / Babcock University Students' Sextape: Zlatan Ibile Reacts To Leaked Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.