Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ (1025 Views)

I Apologise To Edo People For Bringing Oshiomhole As Gov, Says Ize-iyamu / Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) / Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by Goddex: 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2014
Goodluck Jonathan: Nothing is more important than bringing home Nigeria’s missing girls

I have had to remain quiet about the continuing efforts by Nigeria’s military, police and investigators to find the girls kidnapped in April from the town of Chibok by the terrorist group Boko Haram. I am deeply concerned, however, that my silence as we work to accomplish the task at hand is being misused by partisan critics to suggest inaction or even weakness.

My silence has been necessary to avoid compromising the details of our investigation. But let me state this unequivocally: My government and our security and intelligence services have spared no resources, have not stopped and will not stop until the girls are returned home and the thugs who took them are brought to justice. On my orders, our forces have aggressively sought these killers in the forests of northern Borno state, where they are based. They are fully committed to defending the integrity of their country.

My heart aches for the missing children and their families. I am a parent myself, and I know how awfully this must hurt. Nothing is more important to me than finding and rescuing our girls.

Since 2010, thousands of people have been killed, injured, abducted or forced by Boko Haram, which seeks to overwhelm the country and impose its ideology on all Nigerians. My government is determined to make that impossible. We will not succumb to the will of terrorists.

A handout photograph made available by the World Economic Forum shows President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, speaking during the opening plenary session of the World Economic Forum on Africa in Abuja, Nigeria. (Benedikt Von Loebell / World Eco/EPA)
The abduction of our children cannot be seen as an isolated event. Terrorism knows no borders. This month, Nigeria, Benin, Cameroon, Chad, Niger, Britain and the United States established an External Intelligence Response Unit to share security information on such threats in West Africa. I propose that we build on this step to establish an enduring, worldwide commitment to destroying terrorism and those who finance or give safe haven to the terrorists.

In September, I will urge the U.N. General Assembly to establish a U.N.-coordinated system for sharing intelligence and, if necessary, special forces and law enforcement to confront terrorism wherever it occurs.

In Nigeria, there are political, religious and ethnic cleavages to overcome if we are to defeat Boko Haram. We need greater understanding and outreach between Muslims and Christians. We also know that, as it seeks to recruit the gullible, Boko Haram exploits the economic disparities that remain a problem in our country. We are addressing these challenges through such steps as bringing stakeholders together and creating a safe schools initiative, a victims’ support fund and a presidential economic recovery program for northeastern Nigeria. We are also committed to ridding our country of corruption and safeguarding human and civil rights and the rule of law.

Something positive can come out of the situation in Nigeria: most important, the return of the Chibok girls, but also new international cooperation to deny havens to terrorists and destroy their organizations wherever they are — whether in the forests of Nigeria, on the streets of New York or sanctuaries in Iraq or Pakistan. Those who value humanity , civilization and the innocence of children can do no less.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/opinions/goodluck-jonathan-nothing-is-more-important-than-bringing-home-nigerias-missing-girls/2014/06/26/7739275e-fd4b-11e3-b1f4-8e77c632c07b_story.html
Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by Tattooboy: 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2014
@presi: really? never knew

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2014
Gej should be ashamed of him self. After months of being missing there's No info on the girls from his office neither has he visited there parents

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by usba: 7:51pm On Jun 27, 2014
Mr. President u have spoken like a true ret@rrd!

3 Likes

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by GovWahala: 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2014
Presido keep doing your best. The saboteurs will be put to shame in the end.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by majalisa(m): 7:57pm On Jun 27, 2014
Did He mean nothing Is As important As remaining in Power Come 2015?
Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by otokx(m): 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2014
Looks like they have forgotten the girls, we even heard more were abducted.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by arewarepublic: 9:05pm On Jun 27, 2014
Jona is a thorough bred liar. It is very obvious his ogogoro is more important than the chibok girls.
Our precious girls are still missing and the lunatic of a president could pop champaign (ogogoro) while watching football.
mtchww

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by Demdem(m): 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2014
Foolish President, incompetent fool.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by VICTORCIZA(m): 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2014
Demdem: Foolish President, incompetent fool.
sadist!
Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 27, 2014
Clueless drunkard of a president

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by awodman: 10:41pm On Jun 27, 2014
Ibn sultan: Clueless drunkard of a president
Tell your people to stop marrying girls at 13 and divorce/dump them at 15...that's your 1st Major problem & foundation of all this....GEJ is very far from been ur problem.Thanks
bigstory.ap.org/article/nigeria-girl-among-thousands-divorced-children
Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by Demdem(m): 6:46am On Jun 28, 2014
VICTORCIZA: sadist!

Fool, are u now convinced that indeed girls were kidnapped even now that Jonathan has received his report?

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by VICTORCIZA(m): 6:53am On Jun 28, 2014
Demdem:

Fool, are u now convinced that indeed girls were kidnapped even now that Jonathan has received his report?
which girl was kidnapped
quit deluding your self, chibok is a scam!!!
Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by Demdem(m): 7:08am On Jun 28, 2014
VICTORCIZA: which girl was kidnapped

Even Jonathan ur god in his daft state knows that ur kind are really stuppid. He has agreed that girls were kidnapped and mandated his generals to bring them out.
I can't believe that in this day and age we still find fools like u who are much more stuupid than Jonathan himself.

3 Likes

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 28, 2014
I didn't even bother to read the topic.

NEXT!!

angry

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:15am On Jun 28, 2014
Demdem:

Even Jonathan ur god in his daft state knows that ur kind are really stuppid. He has agreed that girls were kidnapped and mandated his generals to bring them out.
I can't believe that in this day and age we still find fools like u who are much more stuupid than Jonathan himself.
see a psychiatric! you are losing it!
Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by Demdem(m): 7:17am On Jun 28, 2014
VICTORCIZA: see a psychiatric! you are losing it!

Fool, u need it more. U are much more stuupid than Jonathan himself. This is serious.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:18am On Jun 28, 2014
berem: I didn't even bother to read the topic.

NEXT!!

angry
you avoid it the way you avoided all the ekiti post election news!
Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by Demdem(m): 7:18am On Jun 28, 2014
berem: I didn't even bother to read the topic.

NEXT!!

angry

It's not worth it. It's nauseating.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:23am On Jun 28, 2014
Demdem:

Fool, u need it more. U are much more stuupid than Jonathan himself. This is serious.
Demdem let me tell you the bitter truth, the reality.
no matter how you hate Gej, no matter how many times You call him clueless and Jonathan, it won't stop Nigerians from voting him, it's won't stop him from winning 2015 election.
stop wallowing in hate! quit being a sadist.
you either learn how to absorb this fresh air or we will force you to!
think about it !!!
Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 28, 2014
Demdem:

It's not worth it. It's nauseating.
very nauseating I tell you. Mtscheew! sad

Bros,how you dey jare? Nothing do you!

3 Likes

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by Demdem(m): 7:27am On Jun 28, 2014
[s]
VICTORCIZA: Demdem let me tell you the bitter truth, the reality.
no matter how you hate Gej, no matter how many times You call him clueless and Jonathan, it won't stop Nigerians from voting him, it's won't stop him from winning 2015 election.
stop wallowing in hate! quit being a sadist.
you either learn how to absorb this fresh air or we will force you to!
think about it !!!
[/s]

Fool, the issue at stake isn't about Jonathan re election but ur stupidity and foolishness in publicly declaring that chibok is a scam even when ur god, Jonathan claim it's not so.
The drunkard surely is ashamed of u.

3 Likes

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by Demdem(m): 7:29am On Jun 28, 2014
berem: very nauseating I tell you. Mtscheew! sad

Bros,how you dey jare? Nothing do you!

I dey campe. Just want to quickly smash some fools head before I prepare for my owambe later today.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by size38: 7:29am On Jun 28, 2014
This our president yeye well, well ooo! So who go bring the chibok girls back?

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:48am On Jun 28, 2014
size38: This our president yeye well, well ooo! So who go bring the chibok girls back?
you don't find something that is not lost!!!
Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by Demdem(m): 8:56am On Jun 28, 2014
VICTORCIZA: you don't find something that is not lost!!!

Idiotic fool, still spreading his stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:14am On Jun 28, 2014
Demdem:

Idiotic fool, still spreading his stupidity.
chibok is a scam
Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:08am On Jun 28, 2014
VICTORCIZA: chibok is a scam
Mr man the pictures of some of the girls have been released and one of the girls in the video was clearly identified. That is HARD evidence. What else do you want again?

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is More Important Than Bringing Home Chibock Girls - GEJ by lakpalakpa: 11:18am On Jun 28, 2014
VICTORCIZA: which girl was kidnapped

PURE FOOLISHNESS!!

CAN A HUMAN BE THIS DUMB??

EVEN MY GRANDPA'S GOATS ARE SMARTER.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: How Liberian Govt Cleared Patrick Sawyer To Travel To Nigeria / Adamawa: Defectors Yet To Get PDP Waiver / B/haram: Presidency Challenges Ex-military Men To Go To Battlefield

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.