Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Poem:-the GREAT ONES BY George Adefemi(debutant) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poem:-the GREAT ONES BY George Adefemi(debutant) (968 Views)

Excerpts From 'the Disillusioned Ones' By Bright Sado Omo. / FUTILE HARVEST By George Adefemi / FREEDOM PARK By George Adefemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poem:-the GREAT ONES BY George Adefemi(debutant) by Fembleez1(m): 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2014
embarassed,..........Lost the old thread and it's painful but let me search through my Notepad if I can see the old "THE GREAT ONES" or the latest editon
Re: Poem:-the GREAT ONES BY George Adefemi(debutant) by Fembleez1(m): 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
THE GREAT ONES by George Adefemi

We are our own gods,...............................1
Small but also great gods
Lined-up to cast on them our power
to represent us at the tower

Yet! We are the great ones,.......................2
Protectors of our destiny
Leaders of the great ones
Determiners of our posterity.

The great ones are the prudent,..................3
The great ones,the indolent
Such finesse in pilfering,
As though enriching
The people in opposite order.
Sitting still to steal our wealth with perilous-pen penal on plebeian.
Look! Our ambassadors!
We hath endowed with greatness.

Myopic is you and I,.....................................4
Who exalts them with our eulogies.

Ambivalent to such abstruse behaviour of...5
these great ones in the past.
We do have conscience now
We were haunted by our wrongdoings
Protecting,promoting and covering what should have been exposed.

We are no longer gullible to thy course,.......6
No fear in praising thee with elegies.

Thou ask the air,whence cometh thy courage?..........7
We with liberty openly proclaim,
The Almighty hath opened our eyes like that-of a beggar who was born blind.
A mixture of clay with spittle and pronouncement,
Hath woken us to our calls.

Receiving such sight,cozy with courage,......8
We have hit a bull's eye
Re: Poem:-the GREAT ONES BY George Adefemi(debutant) by Aipete2(f): 12:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
Poet

1 Like

Re: Poem:-the GREAT ONES BY George Adefemi(debutant) by Fembleez1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
Aipete2: Poet

Yes dear wink
Re: Poem:-the GREAT ONES BY George Adefemi(debutant) by Fembleez1(m): 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2022
Re: Poem:-the GREAT ONES BY George Adefemi(debutant) by nihilistjnr: 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2022
Re: Poem:-the GREAT ONES BY George Adefemi(debutant) by Fembleez1(m): 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
nihilistjnr:
Seen bro(fembleez1)

I

Thanks sir.

(1) (Reply)

Xeniaonatopp's The Woman He Wish He Never Met. / Last Words Of Famous People, Criminals At Execution And Suicide Notes / Memoirs Of A Repentant Hooker - Episodes 7 & 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.