Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (481616 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by femi9naija(m): 5:13pm On May 27, 2015
Guys, where's Theophillus Solomon? The once touted Nigerian Cristiano Ronaldo. After being dropped from the u17 two years ago, i was expecting him to be with the team this time around.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by terzurum5(m): 5:13pm On May 27, 2015
gbosaa:

I disagree with you. Those boys are very good and I wonder how they came fourth in the qualifying tournament.

They created lots of chances, very good dribblers and can shoot as well. They are full of tricks. The Portuguese were ball watching.

Their goal was well deserved and not as a result of defensive blunder. If flying Eagles can defeat this team that I have just watched, then I think half of them should just walk into the Super Eagles.

The Brazilians are very good. The Portuguese team sometimes play a bit like the French under 20. They have tall players with good legs, can run, shoot, dribble and jump. They are technically good as well but the Brazilians made them look like amateurs.

Pls watch that clips again with an unbiased mind. If they had scored half of the clear cut chances they created, they would have won by up to 3-0
Am becoming scared the more, shivers are running through my spine. Hmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by ELIJAHARMONICA(m): 5:16pm On May 27, 2015
terzurum5:
You guys are making me to be scared.
Don't be scared for God is after and behind us.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by terzurum5(m): 5:21pm On May 27, 2015
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]The Class of 2013[/size]

Two years invariably proves a long time in football, but all the more so when your career is still in its infancy.

As such, the high-flyers from the last edition of the FIFA U-20 World Cup are scaling the landscape of the game, and some of them have climbed an impressive way towards its summit. None more so than Turkey 2013 adidas Golden Ball winner Paul Pogba.

Since captaining France to victory in Istanbul, the commanding midfielder has gone from strength to strength. Three successive Italian Serie A titles at Juventus – including a double this season – have preceded arguably the pinnacle of his club career so far: the UEFA Champions League final.

Should he square up against Barcelona in Berlin there will be few doubting the 22-year-old's pedigree to be stood on that stage. His performances for Les Bleus at 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil earned him the Hyundai Young Player Award and firmly established him as one of globe's most promising players, one who is attracting some of the world's biggest sides.

"I am worth €0," he said, baulking at some of the seven-figure sums linked to his name. "I am worth nothing unless I work on the field in every single game. I want to be one of the best in the world and must do everything to reach that level. I hope for the Ballon d'Or in future, but I have a lot of work for that.”

His fellow French class-mates have also grown in stature. Kurt Zouma broke into the Chelsea first team as part of their English Premier League title-winning side, while the likes of Geoffrey Kondogbia, Florian Thauvin and Lucas Digne are regulars for Monaco, Marseille and Paris Saint-Germain.

Pogba is not the only one to have reached the latter stages of the Champions League, or end the season a champion for that matter. Juan Bernat largely flew under the radar when joining Bayern Munich a year ago, but the left-back now finds himself as one of Europe's most promising defenders. He has been a key figure under Pep Guardiola, and Valencia before that, as his intelligence and decisive breaks forward helped Bayern to German Bundesliga success.

Lighting up La Liga
His former team-mate Paco Alcacer has continued his progress too, with a dramatic final-day winner sealing fourth place in Spain for Los Che – plus scoring three in five for the national side, while Carlo Ancelotti rates Real Madrid forward Jese as an “insane talent”.

Across the city from the Los Blancos attacker, a man at the other end has really been making waves. Jose Gimenez has shone at the back for Atletico Madrid, showing maturity beyond his tender 20 years. Coach Diego Simeone rated the Uruguayan's season as “extraordinary”. Having also made the cut for Uruguay's Brazil 2014 squad and won the league 12 months ago, it has been quite the year.

However, in terms of breakthrough seasons, England's Harry Kane's is hard to beat. The U-20 World Cup was not a happy hunting ground for him or his fellow compatriots, but 2014/15 has been the polar opposite, with the Tottenham Hotspur striker netting 30 goals in all competitions.

So impressive has his year been that he even beat the likes of Sergio Aguero into the PFA Team of the Season – voted for by players in England – as well as clinching the young player award. “He could go on to become a great goalscorer for Tottenham and possibly England as well,” said Gary Lineker, an iconic player for both.

Alongside him in white, the Everton duo of John Stones and Ross Barkley have broken into the England squad, while the latter was in tow as England fell at the first hurdle in Brazil. Faring better in that respect was Colombia's Juan Quintero, who after shining in 2013 got his chance a year later, even scoring on his World Cup debut against Côte d’Ivoire.

This year has already seen a selection of graduates impressing on the international stage, too. The Iraq squad who finished third in the AFC Asian Cup peppered with those on show in Turkey. Dhurgham Ismael played every minute of that run, while Ali Adnan – something of a revelation two years ago – also made five appearances.

While in Africa, Baba Rahman and Frank Acheampong went one better. The former played all of Ghana's six games on the way to a CAF Africa Cup of Nations silver medal for the pair.

The Copa America and CONCACAF Gold Cup will likely bring more exposure for some of those on show two years ago, you can be sure that the Class of 2015 will put forward more stars for football's biggest stages. [/b]
The question now is where are the Coach John Obuh's boys?
We must learn from the past mistakes so as strategise to achieve greater heights in the future.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by terzurum5(m): 5:32pm On May 27, 2015
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]The Next Messi? Nine future stars not to miss at the U-20 World Cup, Isaac Success Included[/size]

The FIFA U-20 World Cup, which starts later this week, is always a showcase of tomorrow’s stars.

Here are nine young talents to keep an eye on through the tournament.

Angel Correa, Argentina. A former San Lorenzo teammate of Montreal Impact star Ignacio Piatti, the exciting forward joined Atletico Madrid in 2014. However, a heart tumor discovered last summer kept him out of action. After surgery and a six-month layoff, he has returned and already has four goals in eight matches with Argentina’s U-20 side.

Godfred Donsah, Ghana. A powerful and quick dribbler, the 18-year-old became a regular for Cagliari this season, contributing two goals and one funky celebration.

Bradford Jamieson IV, USA. The LA Galaxy teenager (pictured right) with the silky skills and the bleached hair opened his MLS account in his second career start (after prepping for the first team by scoring goals in USL with Los Dos) and will be expected to do similar things for Tab Ramos’ team.

Marcos Lopes, Portugal. Potentially the next big thing for Manchester City, he holds the club record for youngest goalscorer when he scored in an FA Cup game in 2014 at the age of 17 years, 9 days. He spent this season on loan with French club Lille, where he scored three goals in 18 appearances.

Hirving Lozano, Mexico. Joint leading scorer at the CONCACAF U-20 Championship in January, “el Chucky” is an established starter for Pachuca and had eight goals in 34 appearances in the 2014-15 Liga MX season. Dutch giants PSV reportedly recently offered $7m for him.

Hany Mukhtar, Germany. A flashy and relentless attacker, the 20-year-old is the only player on the German squad not playing in the Bundesliga, after transferring to Portuguese club Benfica from his hometown Hertha Berlin this past winter.

Andreas Pereira, Brazil. Born in Belgium to Brazilian parents, the 19-year-old No. 10 (pictured right) was recruited from PSV’s academy by Alex Ferguson personally to join Manchester United in 2011. This season he was voted Man United U-21 Player of the Year and made his EPL debut in March.

Diego Poyet, Uruguay. The son of former Chelsea player and manager Gus Poyet, the West Ham 20-year-old represented England at the U-16 and U-17 levels before joining Uruguay’s U-20 set up in March. He is expected to shine in the midfield.

Isaac Success, Nigeria. On the books with Udinese but on loan with Granada, the 19-year-old forward remains the youngest player ever to appear for the Spanish club. He scored twice, including a goal-of-the-tournament nominee, to help Nigeria win the 2013 U-17 World Cup.[/b]
So these people no include the Super Awoniyi and the ogbonge goal machine Nacho?
Mcheeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 6:05pm On May 27, 2015
terzurum5:

So these people no include the Super Awoniyi and the ogbonge goal machine Nacho?
Mcheeeeeeeeeew!

Awoniyi's face is already on d FIFA website ...u will be surprised that all this name listed here will not make huge impact at the World Cup ...I know our boys will grab upto 3 awards in the upcoming event .

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:15pm On May 27, 2015
[b]I am seeing lists popping up and I decided to do my top five list of players to watch in this tournament. Note it is of my preference and it is not about winning the title but having eye catching performances. One that comes to mind was Ronaldinho against Honduras in Nigeria '99. He got the Nigerian crowd on their feet with his eye catching performances. Ikedia against Ireland. Even when all hope was lost, that little Nigerian did not let the match go. Xavi against Mali. The little Spanish genius controlled the game and took the midfield from the best performing player of the competition, Seydou Keita.

1. Kelechi Iheanacho - Nacho. Seen by the Man City coaching team as the man to step into the shoes of Messi. The Coach who coached Messi to greatness at the La Masia Academy of Barcelona was contracted to join the Etihad Campus. Remember, the top figures at Man City sent Nacho to work with him at Barcelona when he joined the club.

2. Taiwo Awoniyi. This young man is unknown by the international community of football because a top club side have not gotten his signature on paper. Make no mistake, this dynamic young man is a ticking time bomb and it would not be a surprise if he explodes in the World Cup. He gets better with every game he plays and his confidence is sky high.

3. Marcos Lopes. The young promising Citizen who Man City snapped from Benfica after promising performances. He performed well whenever he got an opportunity to play with the senior Citizens.

4. Kingsley Sokari. It was a tough choice between the brilliant and prolific midfielder of Arsenal Zelalem but Sokari takes this spot. Another unknown dynamo. His breath taking skills will get many supporters of Youth Football on their feet. His intelligence and vision is going to get eyes of top scouts on him.

5. Zelalem. The brilliant midfielder of Arsenal. His only hindrance in this competition will be from his teammates but his vision, passing accuracy and intelligence will make the USA a team to fear. I expect any team facing the USA team to put a strong midfielder on Zelalem to restrict his play, if not he will be a torn in the flesh on any side he faces.

6. Simon Moses. The pacy Nigerian wing forward will be on the eyes of many scouts to see if he is the real deal. The first test of this young superstar will be to break into the Flying Eagles team before he gets a chance to show his worth. If he gets his chance, we might witness a remarkable beginning of one of the best players in modern football.

Names that deserve mentioning are Yahaya, Bulbwa, Wilfred Ndidi.

Simon should be in top five but, I am not sure he will make the starting line up.

Surprise player to watch when he comes in as a sub is Godwin Saviour.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Badosqi(m): 6:24pm On May 27, 2015
I just went to bet365 to check the favorites for this tournament. Can't believe this people underate us so much to give us whooping odd of 15. Nigeria to win brazil sef is 3.5.

1 Argentina U20 4.5

2 Germany U20 4.5

3 Brazil U20 7.0

4 Colombia U20 10.0

5 Portugal U20 13.0

6 Nigeria U20 15.0

7 USA U20 21.0

8 Mexico U20 21.0

9 Uruguay U20 21.0

10 Ghana U20 26.0

Abeg which Nigerian site is offering this type of market, this can be a money making opportunity. A big win win(Nigeria champ. and I smile to the bank too) situation.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by confun: 6:34pm On May 27, 2015
Badosqi:
I just went to bet365 to check the favorites for this tournament. Can't believe this people underate us so much to give us whooping odd of 15. Nigeria to win brazil sef is 3.5.

1 Argentina U20 4.5

2 Germany U20 4.5

3 Brazil U20 7.0

4 Colombia U20 10.0

5 Portugal U20 13.0

6 Nigeria U20 15.0

7 USA U20 21.0

8 Mexico U20 21.0

9 Uruguay U20 21.0

10 Ghana U20 26.0

Abeg which Nigerian site is offering this type of market, this can be a money making opportunity. A big win win(Nigeria champ. and I smile to the bank too) situation.
we will shock the world
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Badosqi(m): 6:43pm On May 27, 2015
confun:
we will shock the world
No doubt we will. That team is just too Hot!!!!!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by terzurum5(m): 6:52pm On May 27, 2015
Manu Garba and Nduka Ugbade are genius when it comes to grassroot football. They have really worked on these guys to such an extent that every one seems to be so satisfied with each and every member of the squard from all the departments, be it goal post, defence, mildfield or attack. He has made us not to raise eye brows on some key players who were not invited or who did not make the final squard. Look at a player like Theophilus Solomon that every body thought was going to outshine the likes of Success and Ihienacho, especially during U17 pre-tournament camping. He together with his technical crew left the guy out of the final squard, making most of us to nurse some grudge against the team in case they failed to lift the cup. Now no body remebers this guy. Theophilus why are you so unlucky?

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 7:42pm On May 27, 2015
bigblangston:
We played mexico first and then played SWEDEN in d finals of d U.17 fifa world cup, how come many people think we played Mexico in d finals. I ve seen many people write that we played mexico in d finals on this thread
don't get it twisted bro, we played Mexico at d finals where Musa mohammed scored that beautiful free kick at the tail end of d match.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 7:44pm On May 27, 2015
dwag:
chai ! U can 4get easily o! Have u forgotten when that mexican punk was crying.........weda na ocho abi na watin sef !!!!! Dude Wake up !!!naija played the finals with mexico in the 2013fifa un17 world cup and not tahiti!!! U don hear? ** use hand hold is ears**
ochoa
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 7:58pm On May 27, 2015
phrezzz:
Flying eagles has arrived in new zealand and have joined iheanacho. here is a pic of awoniyi,chidera and iheanacho
wow. This picture just dey do me mini mini wana wana for body. Tha big Boss in d middle waiting to pounce and devour opposing teams. Let's go there

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 7:59pm On May 27, 2015
Where is my good friend AIG07?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 8:05pm On May 27, 2015
Mrcapability7:
are they teammate at man city
yep they are
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 8:10pm On May 27, 2015
AIG07:
UHmmm, i've missed alot(from 96-103). This fuel scarcity of a thing has just made me to have a taste of what is to live in a medieval era. No power, no fuel(petrol-transportation, gas-cooking, kerosene-cooking) no communication, no nairaland to mention afew. I came to realise the importance of fuel in our day to day activities... Various business have been shut down, house of worship can't use speakers... I think this is happening so that Nigerians We know that we need each other to survive-no matter your tribe. I do laugh most times when some folks say 'LET EACH TRIBE GO T WAY n see who will suffer most'-Mehn we never leave sef n we de experience this. i think t will be disastrous if we disintegrate. the hausas-foodmakers, Ibos-oil producers n Yorubas-consumers(lol). Well, Its Well. I'm sorry for d deviation. One thing we need to learn from Garba is UNITY- this man has shown his boys the power of unity-can't u see that in d camp... Nigeria will only be great if we stand united!
#FLYflyingEAGLES.
GBAMMM. Bro how u doing? Thank God the fuel tankers are supplying fuel to stations now. I was thinking what this tournament will be like without electricity and fuel to power our generators.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 8:16pm On May 27, 2015
Another good news is the announcement by BON that the under 20 world cup and that of the female senior world cups will be beamed live to all BON affiliate stations nationwide. What a good news. Buhari must drink water with this under 20 trophy. That will be his inauguration gift from our gallant boys. Meanwhile big up to the deadliest female striker on planet earth queen Aseesat oshoala for emerging the BBC woman footballer of the year. Talents abound in naija

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by AIG07: 8:17pm On May 27, 2015
mikron:
Where is my good friend AIG07?
i'm good o, thank you sir for d concern.. I was fully back yesterday from a two day unwanted break wey I recieve from this naija gov-n I no be civil servant o. The wey d thread de move forward no be waza. If person no refresh in 30min-person don miss be dat. How your side n family?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 8:23pm On May 27, 2015
phrezzz:
The flying eagles have arrived plymount the place where they take on brazil. here is a picture of kelechi with manu garba and ugbede lol dunno the assistant coach name.
that is not nduka ugbade
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:28pm On May 27, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Correa: Luckily they found the tumour just in time[/size]

At first glance there does not appear to be anything particularly remarkable about ‘Angelito’ Correa, given his small frame, lightweight physique and bashful nature. Yet that perception changes when he has a ball at his feet, at which point the Rosario native is capable of anything – including silencing a crowded Estadio Centenario in Montevideo.

With nine minutes remaining in the 2015 South American U-20 Championship final, a burst of speed took Correa free of his marker, allowing him to receive the ball, turn, nutmeg a defender and poke an effort past the Uruguayan goalkeeper into the net. His goal sealed a come-from-behind victory for Argentina, helping them to the title for the first time in 12 years.

“Everything was against us but we had a good tournament and fortunately we were able to win, which was great,” Correa told FIFA.com. It was especially gratifying for the Argentinian in light of the uncertainty and suffering he had endured in the preceding six months: “I hadn’t played for a long time. I’d never been sidelined for that long with an injury or anything, so I was delighted to be playing football again.”

Six months previously a tumour had been detected in Correa’s heart that forced him to undergo surgery and almost ended his promising career. “At the time of my operation I kept thinking that if I couldn’t continue playing it would be a really big blow for me and my family,” he said. Furthermore, the bad news arrived at a time when things were just coming together for the youngster: he was a step away from winning the coveted Copa Libertadores with San Lorenzo and was poised to move to Europe to join Atletico Madrid.

Although he was unable to participate in El Ciclon’s triumph on the pitch, nor make his debut for Atleti that season, everything has turned out well for the seemingly ever-optimistic Correa. “It was difficult but I also think that if I’d continued playing something bad could have happened to me,” he said. “Luckily they found the tumour just in time.” He breaks into a broad smile when asked if his outlook is always so positive: “I always say that the bad things I’ve been through have happened to make me stronger.”

Family and the Simeones
Indeed, life has been anything but easy for the attacker. He left his hometown Rosario aged just 12 to join San Lorenzo, and also had to deal with the deaths of his father and one of his brothers. The support his mother Marcela gave him was therefore vital in helping Correa pursue his dream of becoming a professional footballer.

And now, having overcome illness and after showcasing his talents at the continental U-20 Championship in February, where he was voted Player of the Tournament, Marcela will once again be cheering her son on as he faces his next challenge: captaining Argentina to a seventh FIFA U-20 World Cup title. “My mum and my youngest brother are going to New Zealand, so they’ll be close by, but even then it’s going to be very tough,” said Correa, aware of the calibre of the competition.

“Playing at an U-20 World Cup is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so it’s something unique and Argentina have to put up a fight,” he said. “We’ll try to repeat what we did in Uruguay and enjoy it as much as we can. We’re going to have to be more together than ever.”

Argentina missed out on the 2013 finals but are among the title favourites this time, and their hopes of success rest largely on Correa’s ability to link up with striker Giovanni Simeone. During qualifying the duo showed that their partnership runs deeper than the fact that Simeone’s father Diego is Correa’s coach at Atletico.

“That doesn’t come into it, but we do have a great understanding out on the pitch,” Correa said. “We’ve known each other since we were boys but back in Argentina we were always on opposite sides: he was at River and I was at San Lorenzo. We’ve always been opponents and there was always a lot of rivalry,” he added, breaking into a smile.

History shows that the U-20 World Cup has provided a springboard for some of the game’s biggest stars, especially Argentinians. The 1979 edition was Diego Maradona’s tournament, in 1997 Juan Roman Riquelme came to the fore, Javier Saviola shone in 2001, while Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero did likewise in 2005 and 2007 respectively.

So, will the 2015 finals be Correa’s World Cup? “I hope so, hopefully everything will turn out well,” he replied, almost unintentionally, before departing with the words: “For me the dream World Cup would be for us to win it. Nothing else matters.” [/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by AIG07: 8:36pm On May 27, 2015
mikron:
Another good news is the announcement by BON that the under 20 world cup and that of the female senior world cups will be beamed live to all BON affiliate stations nationwide. What a good news. Buhari must drink water with this under 20 trophy. That will be his inauguration gift from our gallant boys. Meanwhile big up to the deadliest female striker on planet earth queen Aseesat oshoala for emerging the BBC woman footballer of the year. Talents abound in naija
the two national teams(SuperFLYINGEAGLES N D SUPER FALCONS) representing us at dis yr summer worldcups wil be motivating each other as both teams r vying for major honours in their respective tournament. They will be putting in their best to impress d new government givin t a reason to support the sport. Cos, Any impression left after these tournaments will go a long way in government support 4 d sport for d next 4yrs.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by phrezzz: 8:54pm On May 27, 2015
mikron:
that is not nduka ugbade
Hehe thanks tbaba don correct me o
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 9:25pm On May 27, 2015
Just re-watched Iheanacho's first goal against United. City fans were hyping it so I had to go see it and it really is a beautiful piece of work on slow motion.

Re-watch it guys. He's got some ghost moves. Even Messi can't touch that cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=36&feature=youtu.be&v=keisBGvwGfA

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 9:31pm On May 27, 2015
phrezzz:
Hehe thanks tbaba don correct me o
ayt
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 9:35pm On May 27, 2015
AIG07:

the two national teams(SuperFLYINGEAGLES N D SUPER FALCONS) representing us at dis yr summer worldcups wil be motivating each other as both teams r vying for major honours in their respective tournament. They will be putting in their best to impress d new government givin t a reason to support the sport. Cos, Any impression left after these tournaments will go a long way in government support 4 d sport for d next 4yrs.
that's true bro, coincidentally the two competitions are being played the same month. We re kickstarting our campaign on June 1st while the female version starts June 6th . both competition will run concurrently. Naija till I rot

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Leon2036(m): 9:37pm On May 27, 2015
safarigirl:
no offence, but Iheanacho over Isaac Success anyday. *awaiting list of the next James Rodriguez*
iheanacho who has only played for mancity's eds over success who has played against messi,ronaldo, sergio ramos and pique to name but a few, shey if I talk again now u go say I talk. I don dey watch. U since oh!

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 9:37pm On May 27, 2015
AIG07:

i'm good o, thank you sir for d concern.. I was fully back yesterday from a two day unwanted break wey I recieve from this naija gov-n I no be civil servant o. The wey d thread de move forward no be waza. If person no refresh in 30min-person don miss be dat. How your side n family?
My broda I dey gallant o. True the thread is going 130km per hour. The thread will be busier when the competition starts proper
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 9:47pm On May 27, 2015
Leon2036:
iheanacho who has only played for mancity's eds over success who has played against messi,ronaldo, sergio ramos and pique to name but a few, shey if I talk again now u go say I talk. I don dey watch. U since oh!
how many goals has he scored? Abi no be human beings dey score against those ones? Are they God?

Even the technicality of Iheanacho's goals beats whatever Success does.

He played against Messi, Ramos, Pique.....that makes him better than who? Was Messi not scoring awesome goals against the greats when he started? Did any of the guys Isaac played against ever come out to say "The boy is good"?

Please don't give me that line of who he played against. Tell me how many awesome goals he scored whether against Messi or some deadbeats afterall Granada only played Barca twice the entire season and Isaac was in Team B at a point

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 9:47pm On May 27, 2015
safarigirl:
Just re-watched Iheanacho's first goal against United. City fans were hyping it so I had to go see it and it really is a beautiful piece of work on slow motion.

Re-watch it guys. He's got some ghost moves. Even Messi can't touch that cheesy

www.youtube.com/watch?t=36&feature=youtu.be&v=keisBGvwGfA

When I first saw the goal, my mouth was left ajar. It is a goal of pure class. Messi scores that goal and the internet will be on fire. The close control, precise run, quick jump, positional awareness and cool placement even while being chased by a myriad of defenders screams TECHNICAL BRILLIANCE. It's football intelligence at its peak.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 9:51pm On May 27, 2015
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by AIG07: 9:53pm On May 27, 2015
mikron:
My broda I dey gallant o. True the thread is going 130km per hour. The thread will be busier when the competition starts proper
thank God! sure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.