Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (479598 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 7:55pm On Jan 30, 2015
U20 coach Manu Garba on Dolphins' dismissals: "I think Dolphins' players got frustrated by the number of goals but they cannot do that in competitive matches. A player has to always keep his temperament." ‪#‎GloNPFLSuper4‬

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 7:56pm On Jan 30, 2015
U20 coach Manu Garba on his players: "We're satisfied with the group we have now but we still keep the doors open for new players. If players like Isaac Success (of Granada, Spain) and Wilfried Ndidi (Belgium-based) join us, it will be very good because they are already involved in competitive leagues."

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 7:56pm On Jan 30, 2015
U20's Chidera Eze: "We are ready to serve our fatherland and we believe that by the grace of God, this team can achieve a lot for the country." ‪#‎GloNPFLSuper4‬

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 7:57pm On Jan 30, 2015
Dolphins coach Stanley Eguma on 4-1 loss to Flying Eagles: "I'm not excessively worried by our performances. We are using this tournament as a test-run and we were not at full strength today." ‪#‎GloNPFLSuper4‬
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 8:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
Dolphins coach Stanley Eguma on Pyagbara: "We lost some key players at the end of last season and he is one of those that we brought in. He was a little fatigued that's why he didn't start today but all in all he showed what he can do and he can work well for us when everyone is set." ‪#‎GloNPFLSuper4‬
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 8:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
Dolphins coach Stanley Eguma over his team's conduct on the pitch: "I apologize for what they did. They overreacted and we have to work on their psyche going into the continent." ‪#‎GloNPFLSuper4‬

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 8:57pm On Jan 30, 2015
Joseph1013 was banned, that was why he could not update the thread.. He would bring us updates on the teams as soon as the ban is lifted.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:16pm On Jan 30, 2015
Thanks tbaba1234 for helping this thread. That was nice and I can not wait for the ban on joseph1013 to be lifted. Congrats to the Flying Eagles. I hope Coach Manu Garba noted some areas that needs polishing. Fly Eagles Fly.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 31, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Thanks tbaba1234 for helping this thread. That was nice and I can not wait for the ban on joseph1013 to be lifted. Congrats to the Flying Eagles. I hope Coach Manu Garba noted some areas that needs polishing. Fly Eagles Fly.

Wonder why he was banned.

That aside, keen followers of these u20s are silently praying for strenght and excellence and looking forward to a flourishing WC 2018 or 2022

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by zoboizee: 7:50am On Jan 31, 2015
I still find it very funny how most of our sport journalists kept reporting the same wrong news. In the match between flying eagles vs dolphins fc, tunde adeniji hits his left-footed shot against the post but all of them said musa yahaya. too sad! Copy and paste people!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 31, 2015
tbaba1234:
Dolphins coach Stanley Eguma on 4-1 loss to Flying Eagles: "I'm not excessively worried by our performances. We are using this tournament as a test-run and we were not at full strength today." ‪#‎GloNPFLSuper4‬

Lol. I smell lies. They were disgraced by sub 20s
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by babatundey5: 11:25am On Jan 31, 2015
I think NFF should help garba by helping him get one of is two best central back before ayc
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by babatundey5: 11:27am On Jan 31, 2015
tbaba pls can u gives more update between the match flying eagles and dolphins
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 31, 2015
Apparently the star match will be tomorrow u20 vs u23

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by robosky02(m): 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2015
Generals02:
Apparently the star match will be tomorrow u20 vs u23

gbam na there...........
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
robosky02:

gbam na there...........

longest time...
the last time we quoted each other was on the thread of Enyimba vs Dolphin super cup...

can you summarize our league base on this super 6 tournament??...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2015
When exactly is the match between Flying eagles and U-23 Dream team - day and time?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:17pm On Jan 31, 2015
Epaul:
When exactly is the match between Flying eagles and U-23 Dream team - day and time?

Sunday Feb 1
5pm
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:18pm On Jan 31, 2015
Malaga sign Nwakali on loan till 2017...

Great....

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 9:26pm On Jan 31, 2015
Seems I'm back

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 9:30pm On Jan 31, 2015
[b] Flying Eagles Are Super 6 Champions

The Flying Eagles have emerged as the 'champions' of the Super Six tournament with a stylish 4-1 victory over Dolphins FC at the Abuja National Stadium.

With one match to the end of the tourney, Manu Garba's wards have 12 points from 4 games.

Taiwo Awoniyi put them on the path to victory with a goal twenty four minutes into the clash.

Another damage was inflicted on Dolphins when Victor Ezuruike put the ball in his own net four minutes from half time.

Bernard Bulbwa, who was always a dangerous outlet for his team put the scoreline at 3-0 in the 49th minute.

Christian Pyagbara's right footed finish set up the prospect of an anxious last 38 minutes for the Flying Eagles, but it never materialised in the face of a timid Dolphins challenge.

In the space of two minutes, two Dolphins players were sent off for rash tackles.

Tijani Adamu and Ezuruike got their marching orders for their aggressiveness.

The U20 boys probed in the closing stages, and were rewarded with another goal in the dying moments through substitute Chidera Ezeh, who finished off Obinna Nwobodo's pass.

For Dolphins, their decline continues in the tourney - they have now gone four games without a win - as they lacked inspiration.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:38pm On Jan 31, 2015
joseph1013:
Seems I'm back

Usually takes 24 hours, Did you mail the mods? Usually when that happens, i mail the mods and get unbanned.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:40pm On Jan 31, 2015
Ndidi debuts for Genk.. Is that bad news for Manu?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
[b]Barca's Balogun Hails Lionel Messi After Training With First Team

Boluwatife Balogun is inching closer to making his official debut for the first team of Barcelona.

He recently trained with the senior squad of the La Liga powerhouse for the first time since arriving the club from Lens.

Despite manager Luis Enrique voicing his satisfaction with the performance of Balogun, the highly rated starlet is refusing to get carried away, as he's aware that he needs to keep working harder to break into the first team.

''I trained with the first team last Friday, that's how it's being done once in a while, '' Boluwatife Balogun said to SL10.ng.

''Training with Barcelona first team is a dream come true, but playing with them in an official match will be awesome.

''The coach applauded us after the training session. It was my first time of training with the first team, and as footballers we do get nervous at times.''

The attacking midfielder,18, who has made himself available for the Flying Eagles and Olympic team, has nothing but praise for Barcelona poster boy Lionel Messi, after he was mesmerized by the skills of the Argentina international during the practice session.

''I have been coming across Barcelona stars, but I was closer to my role model Andrés Iniesta.

''Lionel Messi...., I have not seen any player that can be compared to him. He is a very good role model for many players out there.

''My target with the Juvenil A squad for the rest of this season is to win every title we play for,'' Balogun concluded.

Boluwatife Balogun has been at La Masia Academy for the past two years, and he has opted to represent Nigeria at international level, ahead of France and Holland.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2015
tbaba1234:

Usually takes 24 hours, Did you mail the mods? Usually when that happens, i mail the mods and get unbanned.
The mod said he tried to unban me but the bot didn't budge. 24 hours' ban.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 9:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
tbaba1234:
Ndidi debuts for Genk.. Is that bad news for Manu?
Bad news. They might not wanna release him since it's not on FIFA calendar.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2015
[b]Obuh Salutes Flying Eagles

Former Flying Eagles coach, John Obuh, has hailed the national U20 team after they emerged champions of the 2015 Super 6 tournament.

The Flying Eagles have beaten Nigerian champions, Kano Pillars, former African champions, Enyimba, and CAF Confederations Cup contenders, Dolphins and Warri Wolves in their opening four games to secure an unassailable 12 points.

Friday’s 4-1 win over Federations Cup runners-up, Dolphins, and the Dream Team’s 1-1 draw against Enyimba meant the Nigerian U20’s are winners of the 2015 Super 6 tournament with a game to spare.

And Obuh, who was coach of the team in 2011 and 2013 believes the Flying Eagles have done well and deserve a huge commendation.

“We have to congratulate them because they have done well and they deserve our commendation. They have outplayed all the teams in this tournament and have beaten all of them in the process.

“I’m very happy for them and excited as well because I think we have a very good team that is looking likely to win the U20 World Cup for the first time for Nigeria.

“The coaches have done well in assembling these boys because the way they play shows purpose and direction and hopefully they will do well at the Africa Youth Championship in Senegal,” Obuh told SL10.ng.

The Flying Eagles will play their U23 counterparts in the last game of the tournament on Sunday.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 10:08pm On Jan 31, 2015
[b]Garba Sees Room For Improvement

Flying Eagles coach, Manu Garba is excited that his team have emerged champions of the Super 6 tournament, but says they still have a lot of work to do.

The former Golden Eaglets coach has raised what could yet be the greatest U20 team Nigeria has ever produced as they have continued on their impressive winning streak, beating more experienced and revered teams to emerge champions of the mini-tournament.

But Manu says despite being pleased with his team, he is not getting carried away with the euphoria, saying they have noticed lapses they must address before the Africa Youth Championship.

“We are happy and proud of the boys but we are not getting carried away, we know we still have some work to do be better.

“In as much as we have won all our games in the competition, we have noticed some lapses that we must work on before the Africa championship.

“We have to improve on our concentration when defending because we have noticed that sometimes we tend to lose some concentration and that can be dangerous, so it is something we must work on.

“As you have seen also, we create a lot of chances but we don’t always convert them and that is one other area we have to work to ensure we get better,” Manu said.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2015
[b]City Rule Out A Loan Move For Iheanacho

Manchester City are not prepared to send out Nigeria Under 20 international Kelechi Iheanacho on loan to another club before the close of the winter transfer market.

Only yesterday, there had been speculations in the foreign press that the Golden Ball winner at the 2013 Fifa Under 17s had agreed to join Malaga on a short-term deal until the end of this season.

But The Citizens rented an apartment for Kelechi Iheanacho last week, which is a handwriting on the wall that the highly rated starlet will remain in England beyond this month.

''Manchester City have rented an apartment for Kelechi where he will live. There's no way he's leaving Man City in the January transfer window,'' a source close to Kelechi Iheanacho told SL10.ng.

''They did that to make sure he's settled by the time he comes back from injury. They are positive he'll get a work permit, but it might actually take time.

''If Manchester City were not optimistic of Kelechi getting the work permit, they wouldn't have bothered renting the apartment.''

The Taye Academy pupil impressed manager Manuel Pellegrini during Manchester City's tour of the United States last summer, scoring in games against Sporting Kansas City and AC Milan.

Meanwhile, ex Golden Eaglet teammate Chidiebere Nwakali has joined Malaga on loan until the summer of 2017.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 10:19pm On Jan 31, 2015
Official : Chidiebere Nwakali Joins Malaga On Loan

Through official channels, Manchester City have announced that they have reached an agreement with Malaga for Flying Eagles midfielder Chidiebere Nwakali to spend the next two and a half years on loan in Spain.

The 18 - year - old has yet to make his international debut for the Super Eagles, and The Citizens were aware that he’s not eligible to be granted a work permit by the Home Office.

Thus, in his best interest, the teenager has been farmed out on loan to Malaga to increase his chances of playing first team football .

The product of Shuttle Sports Academy, Lagos has penned a deal that will keep him at the Estadio Ciudad de Málaga until June 30, 2017.

Chidiebere Nwakali will miss the African Youth Championship as a result of commitments with his new team.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 12:25am On Feb 01, 2015
[b]Ndidi Debuts For Genk

Two weeks after Joining Belgium Juplier KRC Genk side, Flying Eagles defender Wilfred Ndidi made his debut as they lost 1-0 to 10 man Charleroi.

Although he has played for their reserve team, the game was indeed his first competitive game as a professional player and the 18-year-old will be pleased by his display even though his team lost.

Ndidi lasted until 74th minute playing in an unfamiliar left back role but asserted himself properly, including making a last ditch tackle that stopped Charleroi from going into the half time with a goal up.

His debut was cut short when he appeared to pull a thigh muscle and had to be replace with 13 minutes left to go.

As at the time of filing in this reports there is no word yet on the extent of the injury that lead to his substitution.

They are doubts if Genk will release him for the African Youth Championship scheduled to take place in Senegal in March, although Manu Garba remains optimistic he will be released.

It was after his substitution that Stergos Marinos scored the game lone goal for Charleroi in the 86th minutes and two minutes later they were reduced to 10 men when Clement Tainmont was sent off.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
Super 6 Starting XI: Dream Team v Flying Eagles

Nigeria U23 XI: Daniel Emmanuel 1, Sincere Muenfuh 4, Madaki Christopher 3, Azubuike Okechukwu 14, Obanor Erhum 2, Oduduwa Segun 6, Tiongoli Tonbra 7, Neman Doumbra 7, Etebo Oghenekaro 8, Ajayi Oluwafemi 11, Godwin Saviour 13

Reserves: Akande Abiodun 16, Stanley Okorom 20, Ichull Lordson 18, Michael Ibe 10, Sunday Adetunji 19, Peter Onyekachi 9, Faisal Sani 5, Odibo Godwin 15, Chisom Eze 17

Nigeria U20 XI: Joshua Enaholo 1, Musa Mohammed 2, Mustapha Abdullahi 3, Akinjide Idowu 4, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi 12, Obinna Nwobodo 20, Prince Aggrey 14, Bernard Bulbwa 7, Bello Zaharadeen 19, Saheed Abdulganiyu 6, Taiwo Awoniyi 18

Reserves: Olorunleke Ojo 21, Rowland Silas 5, Adebayo Ademiluwa 13, Ifeanyi Matthew 15, Musa Yahaya 11, Ezeh Chidera 14, Abdullahi Alfa 10, Tunde Adeniji 9, Wasiu Jimoh 8, Mudasiru
Nurudeen 16

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.