Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Please House I Need Advise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please House I Need Advise (1016 Views)

My People I Need Advise On This Car Am Buying . / Please House I Need Where I Can Learn Automedics Diagnosis / Please House How Reliable Is The 2000 Nissan Xterra Xe/se 4D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please House I Need Advise by foxgiovani(m): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2014
I bought a Mazda 323 car 1995 Model. it was discovered that the Fans work with the use of thermostat. Meaning its only when I put on the AC that the fans blow or after I've driven for a while. I was told that it can kill my engine so that I should connect it so that once the car is on, the fans will be blowing. I decided to do that but my fear is that my electrician used so many wire, joining and cellotaping in different places. I am scared of our electricians bc most of dem are not professionals. I don't want my car to burst into fire on one of my journey's bc of somebody's error. Is it really so risky using the car like that? Please advice me. Thanks.
Re: Please House I Need Advise by mayor2013: 12:56pm On Jun 28, 2014
@ op are you new here?? Havent you been reading up that connecting your fans directly is hazardous to your car. I cant start explaining the complexity behind it. There was a guy here on naira land who did same and immediately his ECU got fried up. Return that fan to work the normal way it was and find out the real reason why it aint working probably the ECT would have been disconnected.
Re: Please House I Need Advise by foxgiovani(m): 7:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
mayor2013: @ op are you new here?? Havent you been reading up that connecting your fans directly is hazardous to your car. I cant start explaining the complexity behind it. There was a guy here on naira land who did same and immediately his ECU got fried up. Return that fan to work the normal way it was and find out the real reason why it aint working probably the ECT would have been disconnected.
GOD, I need your help. @Mayor, pls, this is my first car. I really don't have any experience yet on cars. I was told that cars in the Western world use thermostat because of their weather. That over here, we don't need thermostat due to our hot weather. The electrician connected it in such a way that once the car engine is on, the two fans begin to blow immediately. Are u suggesting he connect the thermostat back? please advice me.
Re: Please House I Need Advise by mayor2013: 10:02pm On Jun 29, 2014
Now I need you to answer this questions

1) was this car having over heating issues as @ the time it was bought

2) what is the tempersture reading like on your dash

3) are the 2 fans working

4) when you started using the car did you have any issue of overheating.

Answer this questions correctly and we shall proceed to the next stage
Re: Please House I Need Advise by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:04am On Jun 30, 2014
mayor2013: Now I need you to answer this questions

1) was this car having over heating issues as @ the time it was bought

2) what is the tempersture reading like on your dash

3) are the 2 fans working

4) when you started using the car did you have any issue of overheating.

Answer this questions correctly and we shall proceed to the next stage

no need for all these questions

the car was fine from the start

whether in saudi arabia, us (nevada desert) iceland, alaska, nigeria, uk,serberia, the thermostat should never be taken off and the fan should never be always running

the thermostat is there to keep the engine at its best operating temperature, giving you better miles per galon etc and the fan is there to cool the coolant after being released from the engine to the radiator

that how a engine should operate

if the thermostat is removed and the fan always running your car's engine would be running at cold meaning you get poor miles per galon and the engine will never give your its best performance

3 Likes

Re: Please House I Need Advise by mayor2013: 12:15am On Jun 30, 2014
grin
Re: Please House I Need Advise by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:52am On Jun 30, 2014
Re: Please House I Need Advise by diportivo: 7:26am On Jun 30, 2014
You should av asked the house before agreeing to that suggestion...now that you are afraid of the numerous wires used,you suddenly need clarity?...follow the link above and do d needful....also,sack ur mechanic asap.....he is capable of snatching ur wife

1 Like

Re: Please House I Need Advise by speed001: 8:19am On Jun 30, 2014
Pls revert ur fan back to factory standard and put ur thermostat back in there. My cousin had d same issue when his thermostat was removed. The car consumed fuel excessively, hard start up, excessive drag on the road and so on. Within 3 weeks he had a lot of black sooth @ his exhaust tip. Immediately the thermostat was fixed viola all problems solved. Pls and pls revert ur fans and fix ur thermostat

(1) (Reply)

How Well Do You Know An Ignition Switch? / Car Experts Advice plz. Buick Rendevouz 2008 / Proper Wheel Alignment Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.