Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

I Just Need Answers - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Just Need Answers (1228 Views)

Why Fasting On The Day Of Ashura? I Need Answers Pls! / I Need Answers From Muslims / I Need Answers To These Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Just Need Answers by Gamine(f): 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2008
I want to know two things

One, Why there is a crescent and star representing the islamic faith, why its on the mosques n all dat

Two, why they have to call for prayer through a loud speaker, a muslim friend of mine told me it was unneccessary.

I just need answers to these things,

If you dont have em, dont reply

Mods take note.

Instead of dragging any Angus beef in here

If you speak Quilbish, take note i dont understand it.

Just give me the answers or direct me to the thread that has them

Thanks.
Re: I Just Need Answers by olabowale(m): 3:19pm On Oct 04, 2008
u get the fangs out, already. chei. lol.
Re: I Just Need Answers by Gamine(f): 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2008
lol.

So you dont have answers, GET OUT
Re: I Just Need Answers by davidylan4(m): 6:23pm On Oct 04, 2008
this girl is so funny in an odd way! cheesy
Re: I Just Need Answers by Gamine(f): 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2008
i see cheesy

No answers eh.

why did i even think id get it undecided
Re: I Just Need Answers by ayinba1(f): 8:53pm On Oct 04, 2008
Manners, you know

Maybe if you ask nicely?!

Who knows?? grin
Re: I Just Need Answers by davidylan4(m): 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2008
dont waste your time - there are those who honestly do not know and there are those who know but wont say.
Dont expect honesty here.
Re: I Just Need Answers by olabowale(m): 1:27am On Oct 05, 2008
@Gamine: « on: Yesterday at 03:16:16 PM »

One, Why there is a crescent and star representing the islamic faith, why its on the mosques n all that

Neither represents Islamic faith: The flag of islam is Laa ilaha ilallah Muhammadanr Rasulullah. The Moon Crescent and star was adopted as a symbol of a Kalifah. Muhammad (AS) did ot even have a symbol of his own. Just like Makka and Madina is now under a land known as Arabia Saudia (Saudi Arabia), as adopted and named with an attachment to the house of "SAUD!" You see the people who covet the spoil were actually not the primary victor.

It like the way Children of "Israel" are now known as Jews.

Two, why they have to call for prayer through a loud speaker, a muslim friend of mine told me it was unneccessary.

Did you ever wonder why the Christians bell have to be rung so loudly? Is it necessary for the Christian Churches, which are attended maybe few times, but definitely on sundays to even ring any bell, and, then so loudly? When you find your answer to that Church bell, apply the same to the Islamic call through the loud speaker! NuraAllah. The light of Allah. The call to prayer brings happiness to the heart of believers. And a light on their faces after prostrations!

Should I still get out after answering your questions? Isn't the community of muslims now large and wide enough that we should now be able to call on PBA to the people to hurry up for success!
Re: I Just Need Answers by Gamine(f): 2:07am On Oct 07, 2008
Manners, you know

Who knows??

Translation Anyone? undecided

Olabowale, i dont know what a Khalifah is, my question remains unanswered.

except you are saying that y'all are going along with the pagan symbols of those times.

As for the loud speaker ishe, i was going to work on a noise canceller for my final year project

luckily for them and unluckily i couldnt due to some constraints! Well i never hear any church bells

Your call to prayer brings only impending deafness to some of us.

You havent provided answers Sir, so you can stay out.

Thanks
Re: I Just Need Answers by ayinba1(f): 3:11am On Oct 07, 2008
@gamine

google it or better still, carry oxford grin
Re: I Just Need Answers by olabowale(m): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2008
@Gamine: « #8 on: Today at 02:07:02 AM »

Manners, you know
Who knows??
Translation Anyone?

Olabowale, i don't know what a Khalifah is, my question remains unanswered.

except you are saying that y'all are going along with the pagan symbols of those times.

Nur ala Nur! (Light upon Light). Woman you need enlightenment. Guidance. Khalifah is the
person who is the tutular religious head of the political governance of Islam. And it was one of them,
that chose that symbol (Crescent and Star), both celestral bodies as a representative of his
reign. If a mosque does not carry this symbol, it will not make it less of a mosque.

Heck, Masjid Haram where the Kaaba is situated, Masjid Nawawi in Madina and masjid Aqsa
in Jesussalem do not carry these symbols. It is not an important ingredient of a masjid.

As for the loud speaker ishe, i was going to work on a noise canceller for my final year project

luckily for them and unluckily i couldnt due to some constraints! Well i never hear any church bells

Your call to prayer brings only impending deafness to some of us.

You must have been hard of hearing, if you have not heard of the Church bell before! Or you must have
been so used to the church pollutant that you have always believed it that it ust does not exist.

You havent provided answers Sir, so you can stay out.

Thanks

Thats your own interpretation.
Re: I Just Need Answers by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:41pm On Oct 08, 2008
Gamine:

One, Why there is a crescent and star representing the islamic faith, why its on the mosques n all that

I just need answers to these things,

If you don't have em, don't reply

Mods take note.

Instead of dragging any Angus beef in here

If you speak Quilbish, take note i don't understand it.

Just give me the answers or direct me to the thread that has them

Thanks.

You may find the answers to the highlighted parts in the weblink below:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1104/1104_01.asp
Re: I Just Need Answers by olabowale(m): 8:05pm On Oct 08, 2008
@Olaadegbu: Your site is full of hate. And it is true Christianity. The deceit, that is.
Re: I Just Need Answers by babs787(m): 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2008
@Olaadegbu

I have done the needful by bringing out the link that has to do with Islam
http://www.chick.com/information/religions/islam/

You may go there and bring out issues and we discuss.
Re: I Just Need Answers by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2008
Thanks for directing me to that link as I had no idea that it dealt conclusively with the question posted at the beginning of this thread, and even goes into more details.  Check it out again in the weblink below.

http://www.chick.com/information/religions/islam/
Re: I Just Need Answers by olabowale(m): 11:12pm On Oct 11, 2008
@Olaadegbu: Where are the challenges that Babs787 is expecting you to bring up?

I am surprise that the Christian link, and the writers on the site could not know that
the pagan could have used the name, Allah, for their paganic understanding of God.

But were the first to use that name, Allah? Were they the first to perform Hajj and
every manner of duties, described by the link? The answer is no! The name, Allah and
the rites/duties of Hajj were used by Ibrahim. Long time before any Idol in the Kaaba!

Maybe the Christian can simply tell us, if Ibrahim, was a pagan, hence a stronger case
maybe held about "the moon god," concept! Then I will even go further that Allah was
well known as the God of earlier prophets, and true believers who followed them;
Adam and his wife, and his bloodline, all the way to and after Noah and those who
were saved from the flood!

The God these believers and their prophets/messengers worshipped, was not Jesus!
Was not the father! Was not the ghost! Was not Jehovah! And was not Yahweh!

There were people long time on earth before Hebrew people and later absorbed by
the Children of Israel, known in a mislabelling as today's "Jews!"
Re: I Just Need Answers by babs787(m): 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2008
@Olaadegbu

Your attention is still needed here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-160520.32.html
Re: I Just Need Answers by AI: 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2008
Hello, I'm new to this forum and i would like to inquire first if u re a miuslim? if yes u should nt b askin this questn.

To ur questn;

The moon and the star used as symbols on mosques that makes it seem so important is nothing but to the virtue of the fact that counting of days in Islam is done with the aid of the moon makes the moon so important and was adopted some unknown years back as design, it isnt traced back to the prophet of Allah, Muhamad (saw). so don't get confused u testify too that the muslims worship Allah(God) Alone and him alone.
And do u know that using the moon for countin of days is Best for the world of faithfuls(i mean muslims, christians nd jews) in general the way muslims do? if they truly believe in God solely because the months we use today werent decreed by God nd also nt used by the prophets they claim to believe in so why the deceit? moreover they re the names of Idols of the then roman empire nd were adopted by then Christains nd nw putin the world in loss.

reply two;
i don't know wy ur friend said it isnt neccessary he cud rather hv used compulsory.
i ll write the meanins of the wordings for u;

"Allah(God) is the greatest x2
I testify that there is no other God other than Allah(God) x2
I testify that muhammed(saw) is the messenger of Allah(God) x2
hasten to Prayer x2
hasten to Success x2
Allah(God) is the greatest x2
there is no other God other than Allah(God)

"
thats the meaning it is used to remind people for prayer hw then do they not need it through loudspeaker
u might need to know the reason why it was started by the prophet of God (Muhammad [saw]). later.

OLAADEGBU shd read this too, pls someone one shd inform him
Re: I Just Need Answers by biolabee(m): 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2008
babs

nice one remember those comics from when i was a kid
Re: I Just Need Answers by samba123(m): 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2008
Gamine

The moon and star represent as a symbol to the Mosque not to be distinguished as a house or anything that might be mistaken.

It has nothing to do with faith in Islamic viewpoint regarding this kind of figure the Moon and Star.

A loud speaker can reach a mile while the voice of individual can reach a quarter of its surrounding atmosphere. You know what is the different between the two? You’re the Judge of this thread I hope this settle you down.

It’s unnecessary to call for prayer with a loud speaker when you alone perform a prayer either in the Mosque or in the house.

It’s unnecessary to call for prayer if the time elapse on the prescribe time. Muslim have a fix time in performing the obligatory prayer.
Re: I Just Need Answers by Gamine(f): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2008
One, the crescent thingy is not just on the mosques

i went to a muslim school, it was named Crescent.

The symbol is on a lot of muslim stuff, just like the cross is on christian stuff which i can understand.

You guys keep going round n round.

About the call to prayer stuff, i know it is a "call to prayer"

its a disturbance, in this modern age where people have alarm clocks and stuff

they can wake up on their own.
Re: I Just Need Answers by zayhal(f): 2:52pm On Oct 15, 2008
@ AI
Salam alaykum. Marhabaa. Welcome on board. smiley
Re: I Just Need Answers by zayhal(f): 2:55pm On Oct 15, 2008
@ AI
Salam alaykum. Marhabaa. Welcome on board. smiley
Re: I Just Need Answers by mukina2: 3:59pm On Oct 15, 2008
Gamine
are you really sure you are looking for answers?
Re: I Just Need Answers by samba123(m): 6:37pm On Oct 15, 2008
mukina2:

Gamine
are you really sure you are looking for answers?

She is just playing around us here? grin

@Gamine
One, the crescent thingy is not just on the mosques
i went to a muslim school, it was named Crescent.
The symbol is on a lot of muslim stuff, just like the cross is on christian stuff which i can understand.
You guys keep going round n round.

The Crescent are you talking about can be found anywhere, like in Hospital, School, Chain and Flag e.tc. This things are normal using an icons its a great helping tool in our society. But not to adorn the tools/icon created by human, that another story.

About the call to prayer stuff, i know it is a "call to prayer"
its a disturbance, in this modern age where people have alarm clocks and stuff
they can wake up on their own

If that is a disturbance on your part to other it’s a great helping stuff to remind him of his duty to perform salah/prayer on time.

That Wonderful my dear come to success and joint us in our congregation when time come.
Re: I Just Need Answers by Gamine(f): 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2008
Thanks a lot for the answers so far.

While you have succeeded in canceling each other out, . .

The truth cannot be far off.
Re: I Just Need Answers by babs787(m): 7:53pm On Oct 16, 2008
@Gamine

Thanks a lot for the answers so far.

You are welcome

While you have succeeded in canceling each other out, . .

In what way please?

The truth cannot be far off.

What truth are you referring to?
Re: I Just Need Answers by Gamine(f): 11:55am On Oct 17, 2008
The answers on the crescent/moon issue dosnt tally.

The truth is what i seek and it dosnt seem to be here

(1)

Sharia Law Now Official In Swat Region Of Pakistan / Why Some Alfas/imams Like To Keep Their Beards Long? / Question About South West Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.