Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady (24451 Views)

Best Football(soccer) Tips / Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter / Faith And Football: Soccer Stars Who Are Devout Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Fulaman198(m): 11:17pm On Jun 28, 2014
ibietela2:

I didn't know of that, those games are boring especially American football

I can barely stand American football, I only watched it when they had their superbowl or important playoff matches for the city I schooled in (I watched it with my roomates), but believe me they thought I was weird because I was upset at the lack of real football (world football) on American TV. The only time America covers real football is during the World cup, or you have to pay to get the channels.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by whitecat007: 11:19pm On Jun 28, 2014
Oh yeah! Wood towers over them, but golf is in a class of its own and not played in grade sch or uni like the rest. I was talking about their mainstream sports like football, basketball, baseball, hockey and others.

Fulaman198:

In the United States you might be correct, though Basketball and American Football do pay well. The richest athlete though is Tiger Woods I believe (Golf is horrific).

Overall though, in the World (not the United States). Football (real football) is the highest paying sport.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by ibietela2(m): 11:19pm On Jun 28, 2014
anitank: Give me her twitter handle so I'd give her a piece of my mind. ewu hausa

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter

2 Likes

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by ibietela2(m): 11:21pm On Jun 28, 2014
Fulaman198:

I can barely stand American football, I only watched it when they had their superbowl or important playoff matches for the city I schooled in (I watched it with my roomates), but believe me they thought I was weird because I was upset at the lack of real football (world football) on American TV. The only time America covers real football is during the World cup, or you have to pay to get the channels.

I thought they have MLS?

2 Likes

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Atmmachine(m): 11:22pm On Jun 28, 2014
I regret moving to america..
Firstly,they call football soccer.. secondly,all of them are football novice.

when you mention Messi & Ronaldo, people will ask you who they are

3 Likes

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by ibietela2(m): 11:41pm On Jun 28, 2014
Reading this poop on Huffington, see comments.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Fulaman198(m): 11:43pm On Jun 28, 2014
ibietela2:

I thought they have MLS?

It's a joke of a league.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by ibietela2(m): 11:43pm On Jun 28, 2014
Fulaman198:

You hear that stretches on the floor when they play Basketball? That is what makes me don't like it
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by ibietela2(m): 11:44pm On Jun 28, 2014
Fulaman198:

It's a joke of a league.

Hmm but Henry, Beckham played there
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Fulaman198(m): 11:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
whitecat007: Oh yeah! Wood towers over them, but golf is in a class of its own and not played in grade sch or uni like the rest. I was talking about their mainstream sports like football, basketball, baseball, hockey and others.

Yep I can't stand most of them

1 Like

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
GentleMimi: Who is Ann Coulter? She shld speak for herself. That is her opinion...from someone who has obvious dislike for soccer.
Each to his/her own.i'm not so crazy abt it either,but i know the feeling it invokes....
Soccer gives release,brings peeps together,unites,gives a certain rush...excitement!!!! Free awon guys ooooooooooo!!!
It might seem like a silly act of twenty-two men running round a small object,aiming at a goal post...but it goes beyond that. It is abt strength,analysis,impulsiveness,wit,intelligence,ruggedness,risks,MONEY.....it is the spirit of football!

MAY GOD BLESS YOUR FATHER DEAR!! U MUST MAKE AM 4 DIS LIFE!!!

1 Like

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Fulaman198(m): 11:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
Atmmachine: I regret moving to america..
Firstly,they call football soccer.. secondly,all of them are football novice.

when you mention Messi & Ronaldo, people will ask you who they are

You should move back to your country then lol a lot of people do so, there is no shame in it.

2 Likes

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Fulaman198(m): 11:46pm On Jun 28, 2014
ibietela2:

Hmm but Henry, Beckham played there

That's where people go when they are no longer in their prime.

2 Likes

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by cheguevera: 11:57pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ann coulter , you have spoken for all . Real Americans don't like ,or understand soccer . After the world cup back to business

2 Likes

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Fulaman198(m): 12:09am On Jun 29, 2014
cheguevera: Ann coulter , you have spoken for all . Real Americans don't like ,or understand soccer . After the world cup back to business

Exactly, Canadians and Americans don't like football/soccer. However, Mexico, Central America and South America love it.

1 Like

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by ibietela2(m): 12:10am On Jun 29, 2014
Fulaman198:

That's where people go when they are no longer in their prime.

Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by ibietela2(m): 12:11am On Jun 29, 2014

1 Like

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Atmmachine(m): 12:17am On Jun 29, 2014
[quote author=Fulaman198]

You should move back to your country then lol a lot of people do so, there is no shame in it.[/quote

Thank you.. i will come back in the next 200 years
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Fulaman198(m): 12:24am On Jun 29, 2014
[quote author=Atmmachine][/quote]

It means you are not serious about moving back to your country then
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by nathdim: 12:24am On Jun 29, 2014
One idiot in America is calling over 4 billion people watching the beautiful game ediot

Thank me later grin[/quote]
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: It must be a woman speaking... Oh wait... Yes it is! Smh I've always said it and always will, Americans have no business playing soccer. They should stick to basketball and (American) football.

Thank God we don't need your permission.

Don't judge an entire nation because of some past her prime geriatric person that is panning for relevance.

Soccer is alive and well in the USA as it should since wit's a land of foreigners. We love soccer in the USA and even have MLS.

This Lady can go hug a transformer already.

1 Like

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 12:52am On Jun 29, 2014
whitecat007: Oh yeah! Wood towers over them, but golf is in a class of its own and not played in grade sch or uni like the rest. I was talking about their mainstream sports like football, basketball, baseball, hockey and others.

You need to get out more.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Fulaman198(m): 12:56am On Jun 29, 2014
CityNG:

Thank God we don't need your permission.

Don't judge an entire nation because of some past her prime geriatric person that is panning for relevance.

Soccer is alive and well in the USA as it should since wit's a land of foreigners. We love soccer in the USA and even have MLS.

This Lady can go hug a transformer already.

That's major bullcrap

I don't even think you have ever stepped foot in the United States.

When games from the EPL, Italian Serie A, Spanish La Liga, French Le Championnat, German Bundesliga are on there are nowhere to be seen on United States TV. Soccer/Football is treated as an upper-middle class sports in the United States. Instead, in some states in the United States, they cancel important Football/Soccer matches in favour of Nascar racing, I mean really? Nascar racing??

Football/Soccer is nowhere the level of American Football, Basketball, Baseball, Tennis, Golf, etc. in the United States. Even the Kentucky Derby draws a larger crowd. Don't spread false information.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by TobbyD(m): 1:09am On Jun 29, 2014
sentimental
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 1:25am On Jun 29, 2014
Fulaman198: Americans don't really like football (soccer) so I'm not surprised. A few do, the majority find it a dull/boring game.
that's a totally wrong misconception...look at it this way,there are a lot of Mexican kids with American citizenship who are football freaks and basically play the sport regularly and also do not forget that the american female team has been dominant in female football for almost ever,there is a reason why it is so,a lot of high school and middle high schools place a lot of emphasis on female soccer hence the emergence of the soccer moms who most times are more liberal minded in contrast to a conservative minded Ann Coulter.
Also,Ann coulter is coming from am angle which simply states that unless its all-American,its not American which is quite funny considering where the roots of most of these conservative nut-jobs going on a haterade crusade.The American team consists of a lot of dual citizened Americans like Omar Gonzalez(Mexican-American),Jermaine Jones,Fabian Johnson(German-American),Aron Jóhannsson( Icelandic-American),Chris Wondolowski(Polish American) and having all these "non-Americans" according to her makes the sport alien and America should detest it .Its the racist in her towards anything not full blooded American, which in all reality should only be the Indians,that's driving her need to so be crass and show a total lack of knowledge of the world she stays in

2 Likes

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 29, 2014
Fulaman198:

That's major bullcrap

I don't even think you have ever stepped foot in the United States.

When games from the EPL, Italian Serie A, Spanish La Liga, French Le Championnat, German Bundesliga are on there are nowhere to be seen on United States TV. Soccer/Football is treated as an upper-middle class sports in the United States. Instead, in some states in the United States, they cancel important Football/Soccer matches in favour of Nascar racing, I mean really? Nascar racing??

Football/Soccer is nowhere the level of American Football, Basketball, Baseball, Tennis, Golf, etc. in the United States. Even the Kentucky Derby draws a larger crowd. Don't spread false information.
who told you there are no where to be seen?what world are you living in?Do you know that every football club in the EPL has a supporters branch in almost every state and they are accredited by the club and get to go see matches live based on their membership level(in my case,Rocky Mountain Blues...Chelsea Colorado Branch)and I go to a bar downtown everyday with about 70 to 100 Chelsea fans,sometimes as early as 5am,to see a chelsea game might be a blizzard out there but still you will have a crowd for each games and this als extends to most EPL clubs,Bayern,Real,Barca and about 5 other Spanish clubs,Mexican clubs.
And also there is the well known fact that the US94 World Cup had the most attendance(though seems Brazil will beat it) thats not bad for a sport which you really don't know squat about its popularity level

What you dont understand about Nascar is this,its an home grown sport hence the love for it,you also have to understand the love We have for cars,especially fast cars and that leads to the love for Nascar.and for your info,Football is the 3rd Most watched sport in America after football and Basketball and hey,the USA vs Germany game just became the most watched national sporting event....When Nigeria hosted the Jnr World Cup,How many Matches had half-filled venues).,not putting my beloved birth-place down but we have instances of the Super eagles playing matches before a stadium thats about 70% filled,the USA VS COSTA RICA game during the qualifiers was played in co in -15 weather and there was a blizzard and the stadium was filled to capacity.....go figure

p/s I saw all the us94 qualifiers home legs live(chei those days when going to national stadium was like a carnival trip,,)

1 Like

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by deebrain(m): 1:46am On Jun 29, 2014
im not that of a football fan myself. but all i can say to this lady is,
"just kiss my nigerian black a** ma'am"

1 Like

Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Fulaman198(m): 1:50am On Jun 29, 2014
milehigh06: who told you there are no where to be seen?what world are you living in?Do you know that every football club in the EPL has a supporters branch in almost every state and they are accredited by the club and get to go see matches live based on their membership level(in my case,Rocky Mountain Blues...Chelsea Colorado Branch)and I go to a bar downtown everyday with about 70 to 100 Chelsea fans,sometimes as early as 5am,to see a chelsea game might be a blizzard out there but still you will have a crowd for each games and this als extends to most EPL clubs,Bayern,Real,Barca and about 5 other Spanish clubs,Mexican clubs.
And also there is the well known fact that the US94 World Cup had the most attendance(though seems Brazil will beat it) thats not bad for a sport which you really don't know squat about its popularity level

What you dont understand about Nascar is this,its an home grown sport hence the love for it,you also have to understand the love We have for cars,especially fast cars and that leads to the love for Nascar.and for your info,Football is the 3rd Most watched sport in America after football and Basketball and hey,the USA vs Germany game just became the most watched national sporting event....When Nigeria hosted the Jnr World Cup,How many Matches had half-filled venues).,not putting my beloved birth-place down but we have instances of the Super eagles playing matches before a stadium thats about 70% filled,the USA VS COSTA RICA game during the qualifiers was played in co in -15 weather and there was a blizzard and the stadium was filled to capacity.....go figure

Great, instead of fabricating stories, show me a TV guide of non pay per view channels that show football/soccer during the regular season. There are none
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 1:54am On Jun 29, 2014
Fulaman198:

Great, instead of fabricating stories, show me a TV guide of non pay per view channels that show football/soccer during the regular season. There are none

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1cgmua/nbc_announce_their_coverage_of_the_bpl_in_the_us/
http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=sports

a lil bit of googling would have helped you..they even show more matches than tv stations in the uk and because in your mind every human must be a liar and fabricate stuff does not make it so
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by naijaboyof4life(m): 1:54am On Jun 29, 2014
The.Big.Urban:
The author of that hate speech is a racist conservative nutjob.

Her name is Anne Coulter.

She hates blacks, liberals and anything new to America.....including football.

Well none of those things are new and stop calling people names just because they don't like something. Also hate is a strong word.
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 29, 2014
naijaboyof4life:

Well none of those things are new and stop calling people names just because they don't like something. Also hate is a strong word.
believe,she reeeeaaaaally hates black people
Re: A Hate Speech on Football (Soccer) by an American Lady by Fulaman198(m): 2:24am On Jun 29, 2014
milehigh06:

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1cgmua/nbc_announce_their_coverage_of_the_bpl_in_the_us/
http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=sports

a lil bit of googling would have helped you..they even show more matches than tv stations in the uk and because in your mind every human must be a liar and fabricate stuff does not make it so

NBCSN is not a free channel, try again. You can try to deceive people here. I lived in the states for over 5 years. Football/soccer is not taken seriously on the states. No American will even deny that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Footballers Marriage Last Than Other Celebrities? / Happy Super Eagles Squad Vibing To Duncan Mighty's Song (Video) / Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.