Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader (30263 Views)

Platoon 10 / Platoon 3, NYSC DELTA Lost Three Gems. / Meet Your Platoon Members Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 02, 2014
nothing
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Elose11(m): 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2014
Leadership! You learn to take sh.it from people. If your platoon Inspector is nice, you have the advantage of good posting. I was one in Bayelsa state. Beyond these, there is nothing else.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by condralbede(m): 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2014
No benefit ....I mean nothing dey thr.so don't just stress ur self.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Davidolives(m): 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2014
no benefit except popularity amist ur fellow platoon corper

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by rexibity(m): 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2014
Double Food Ration...eeediatttt!
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by mezebel(f): 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2014
savio07: please have u served? If yes where pls?
am a living witness of platoon leaders benefit because I was once a platoon leader and am currently serving in chibok day secondary school. My cds group is anti boko haram squad... Tears full my eye as I dey type dis....

4 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by shudi(m): 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2014
It gives you the platform to exhibit your leadership potentials.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by rexibity(m): 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2014
mezebel: am a living witness of platoon leaders benefit because I was once a platoon leader and am currently serving in chibok day secondary school. My cds group is anti boko haram squad... Tears full my eye as I dey type dis....
Hopeless you, cn feel your miserability.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ashewopeckas(f): 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2014
No advantage, except say u go use am nack those gehs from razz skoolz like Oko poly or Ire Poly

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by lekkie073(m): 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2014
U get a chance to be posted to the state capital
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by godG: 6:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
I was a Platoon Leader in camp.

Demanding. Because:

You might not really enjoy your camping being a leader.

E dey pain me say I no get time for 'package' cheesy. I was always exhausted.

You have to attend to so MANY things. You coordinate your platoon activities.

Your phone rings at leat 15 times daily. You get to work with the Platoon Officer and/or Commander whenever s/he calls.

You are like the father of the platoon members. Then, you will know that Nigerian graduates are really unemployable. You take excuse for them.

You make announcements in OBS, etc.

Benefits:

You get posted to wherever you want if you did well. Without a dime. My officials actually asked me where I wanted because they loved the job I did.

Likewise, you get access to firsthand info.

Another is that you might be licensed to go to mammi anytime if you have a good relationship with your Commander. Going out from the boring SAED lectures too won't be an issue for you. Just tell anybody that asks you that you are Officer Lagbaja's Platoon Leader. For me, almost all those soldiers knew me. Whenever them see me, dem go say:"Platoon 4 leader, how you dey?" My reply: "I'm good, sir." I go just waka like a boss.

Also, you will never get punished with your colleagues by your Commander. You chose what you want to do and what you don't want, because nobody expects you to kill yourself with all the demands that come with being the leader.

But please, don't mess with your colleagues' money. Be faithful, dedicated, listening, etc. and you would love the experience, because many people will look up to you - even after camp.

Right now, they still call me Platoon Leader wherever they see me.

But I no get time for package. cheesy Any avenue wey I see, na soso sleep.

Are you ready for this?

****Pls. excuse typos.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by labbyboi(m): 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2014
If you're nursing the impression of adding it to ya CV, Nna you better drop it. tongue tongue

7 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by mencade5(m): 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2014
Evergreen123:
Platoon leaders don't have slots.
The platoon inspectors even have only one slot each, tho they can link u up to higher officials if they have connections
nysc....the bedrock of nigeria corruption.

Fvck it mehn

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by mployer(m): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
I didn't like my plantoon leader, maybe cos I thought I would be there undecided
Bottom line, more people hated him and he got nothing at the end
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by hotmolo(m): 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2014
Please does any1 hav any experience serving in nassarawa? Am in august batch
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Martini101(m): 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2014
Guy, if you want to enjoy camp, dont take the Platoon leader position because it is very stressful. orelse you like leadership position. when i served, i was even more popular than our Platoon leader because i rejected the position to the amazement of everybody. I did so because my mind didnt accept it and thank God i didnt accept. Just a normal platoon member, played only football, socialized with every tribe and patronized Mami !
Bottomline, anybody that didnt enjoy orientation camp, i wonder whatelse he will enjoy!!!!!!!! Later became CLO. All na still work self.
LONG LIVE NYSC!!!!!!!!!
LONG LIVE NSIT ATAI!!!!!!!!!!
LONG LIVE IKONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LONG LIVE MY LI !!!!!!!!!!!!
LONGLIVE AKWAIBOM!!!!!!!!!!!
LONG LIVE NIGERIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by switsoda(m): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2014
ajoskele: Hmm..you won't believe an assistant LGI had 12slots on camp then. I did my reposting myself few minutes I received my posting letter. So it boils down to your packaging with them
u are very very right, i was d Editorial president (O.B.S on camp) during my service yr and i got to realise that every NYSC official has slots and it depends on how close u are to them
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by mezebel(f): 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
rexibity:
Hopeless you, cn feel your miserability.
homo is that a complement or a season?
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by tellwisdom: 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2014
No, u go use am become EMIR. Ode sad

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by wordcat(m): 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2014
It is just a humanitarian service that's all, no SPECIAL benefit at all.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2014
Evergreen123: There is nothing there in being a platoon leader.
Its just extra stress on you, unless u enjoy leadership.
My platoon leader was frowning the day we left camp, he was posted to teach in one remote village like that .
Whatever u gain from being a platoon leader, u can also gain by being a floor member ranging from favorable postings to dating any girl u want.
Even my camp medical director was posted to an 'unsavory' ppa, he asked for rejection and he was posted to a worse hospital, meanwhile,we the 'ordinary ppl' got what we wanted....
In essence, if u don't lobby well, u will stand the same chance as every other person.
U already said everything !

Platoon leader is same as Nairaland Moderator ...... U will enjoy being popular and have access to NYSC officials than platoon members which you can use to your advantage if you are smart otherwise Nothing for you and it is very demanding, stressful and painful where u gat nothing outa it in the longrun !!

But kindly go for Platoon Leader if you have the chance , it is part of leadership experience u can utilise in your job hunting or CV !

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Inkredible(m): 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2014
U will get to bleep any girl for camp. That's if u fancy such.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Eyepencil: 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
U will be hiv beneficiary b4 3months. Oponu

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by jookco(m): 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
Allohrandy: The benefits of being a platoon leader is you have access to sleeping with different girls and also you will get preferencial PPA
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by myspnigeria: 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2014
no real beneifts
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Randerl: 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
Just One Line

You Get To Learn /Display Leadership Skills In The Face of A Mini Nigeria, Your Platoon.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Owilar(m): 8:14pm On Jul 02, 2014
2b a plattoon leadr,u must av d spirit of patriotism, cadre and agility in u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imam Rafiu Olalekan, Lagos Corper Missing (photos) / Nysc In Enugu State.. / Male Corper Turns Truck Pusher In Tongue Wagging Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.