Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,029 members, 7,953,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:33 AM

Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader (31022 Views)

Platoon 10 / Platoon 3, NYSC DELTA Lost Three Gems. / Meet Your Platoon Members Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by shegsrules(m): 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
As election period is by d corner all d change, bribe n tips must pass tru d clo hand n also extra names of corpers dat dint participate in d election. Anambra 2011 we c am

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Jerry24kay(m): 10:52pm On Jul 02, 2014
ajoskele: Prospective corps members would be posted to their areas of discipline.
Thanks ..
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by oluamid(m): 10:59pm On Jul 02, 2014
hotmolo: Please does any1 hav any experience serving in nassarawa? Am in august batch

I served in Nasarawa, Lafia to be precise. The people are very friendly and you'll enjoy your stay. However, you are most likely to be posted to a school or a FG parastatal. Camp was fun too. I'd advise you to join the OBS or band if you want to be posted to Lafia which is the state capital. Being a member of the OBS will automatically confer status on you in camp and it will make you popular. You'll hardly get punished or forced to engage in a task you don't want to do because of the name-tag you are wearing. However, if you join the OBS, expect everyone to start calling you 'OBS' even after camp. I was called OBS by the people who knew me in camp even on the day of P.O.P. All in all, I enjoyed my NYSC in Nasarawa State.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by enomasly: 10:59pm On Jul 02, 2014
How can one become the platoon leader?
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by sirhamilton(m): 11:08pm On Jul 02, 2014
oga na wa for you sha. you never enter camp but you don dey find house for where dem post u. any way make I just clear your doubt. am presently serving in Makurdi.in camp I was inactive to the best of my ability. but here I am in the cap Ital city. those wey suffer dey do platoon leader no one I dey c here. now waht amma tryina sey? na God

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Footlocker(m): 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2014
^ I concur! I left camp after 11days even!camp was brutal
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by laoma4u: 11:31pm On Jul 02, 2014
lol... i repped OBS in camp, participated in competitions, joined computer group, got posted to warri (based on OBS) became CLO...and i don dey house for 6 months now sad angry....all those things ehn....forget am, truth is that its favorable for some pple but whether ure in obs or nt, just b smart and sharp and u can b posted to wherever u want
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by hotmolo(m): 12:00am On Jul 03, 2014
oluamid:

I served in Nasarawa, Lafia to be precise. The people are very friendly and you'll enjoy your stay. However, you are most likely to be posted to a school or a FG parastatal. Camp was fun too. I'd advise you to join the OBS or band if you want to be posted to Lafia which is the state capital. Being a member of the OBS will automatically confer status on you in camp and it will make you popular. You'll hardly get punished or forced to engage in a task you don't want to do because of the name-tag you are wearing. However, if you join the OBS, expect everyone to start calling you 'OBS' even after camp. I was called OBS by the people who knew me in camp even on the day of P.O.P. All in all, I enjoyed my NYSC in Nasarawa State.
tnx a lot. Pls how does 1 influenc wer he wil b posted to or is it jst luck nd prayer? Tnx in advanc
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by temmyt20(m): 12:08am On Jul 03, 2014
ajoskele: I'm serving. Osun state.
where in osun, ur batch nd what platoon were u? am servin in ede
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by dubsy20(m): 12:12am On Jul 03, 2014
I was a platoon leader and presently serving in the state capital, but lemme be honest with you, I'm in the state capital just because I made the state football team. Platoon leadership didnt influence my ppa but the xperience was fun, tho stressful.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Yungmilio2(m): 12:26am On Jul 03, 2014
when some dey try. become platoon leaders... me I dey try reason how them go post me go Abuja or Lagos.... how do. someone go about that..??.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by sokarsenal(m): 3:07am On Jul 03, 2014
oluamid:

. Nice one bro....but please is OBS for only communication graduates and similar disciplines?..........or can any corper from any discipline join the group........PLEASE.....anybody can answer this
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 3:22am On Jul 03, 2014
U will the best PPA
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by scobaba: 4:23am On Jul 03, 2014
Allohrandy: The benefits of being a platoon leader is you have access to sleeping with different girls and also you will get preferencial PPA

Preferential wetin? undecided

Na in chuks wey serious die wt match past pass the soldiers wey teach am collect serious accolade for parade ground still roam warri well well for 6weeks da year before e see place to serve....bone da. tyn. angry
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 03, 2014
For wetin nah?:

Complete waste of time except you have your cash or connection..in my batch all the corpers in OBS got poo ppas, they tell you to join groups with the promise of getting good ppas etc..all LIES! Some people do match pass so tay dem get k-leg, skin change color but nothing nothing, infact the guy that carried the NYSC flag during parade was posted to one bush with me after all the promises meanwhile people who were not even in camp for a week got the best spaces,noborry teeeh me to redeploy.
That's what I was saying.
There is no point stressing urself to be platoon leader or stuff like that all in the name of getting better posting when floor members get the same things or even better than u.
I didn't do anything, at a time, I pulled out of the kyn match past tnz.
It didn't change my agreement with my stateswoman I met in camp.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 03, 2014
hotmolo: tnx a lot. Pls how does 1 influenc wer he wil b posted to or is it jst luck nd prayer? Tnx in advanc

Just go and meet camp officials on time: camp accountant, head of clinic, camp director, and all those other people in administration.
Soldiers no get anything on their own o
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 03, 2014
Footlocker: ^ I concur! I left camp after 11days even!camp was brutal

what happened?
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 03, 2014
Footlocker: ^ I concur! I left camp after 11days even!camp was brutal

y was it brutal?
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 7:11am On Jul 03, 2014
temmyt20: where in osun, ur batch nd what platoon were u? am servin in ede
Ede south, Batch 14A. I was in platoon 7.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 7:13am On Jul 03, 2014
leshluap: ..
Ogbeni, hafa
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 7:15am On Jul 03, 2014
Niyinficient: I hail d house abeg? Any info on enugu state? How d place be like? I mean their nysc package!
Make one person answer my padi ooo
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Miriam4cool(f): 8:34am On Jul 03, 2014
NOTHING OOOOOOO
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by makazona(m): 9:05am On Jul 03, 2014
Being a platoon leader is no big deal.the benefits may be:
=u will be popular in d camp
=u will feel powerful (controlling everyone d way u want)
=enjoy recognition frm officials
=access to fyn gal n platoon's financial n material resources
but d bad sides may be:
=u may be singled out n punished for d misbehaviour of ur platoon
=ur tym in d camp is choked cz u wil alws b busy
=u easily step on people's toes n make more enemies
=ur efforts may nt be appreciated
=diariz no guarantee u will get a gd PPA.

ETC
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by biomedixexcel(m): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2014
More Resposibility
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by oluamid(m): 10:55am On Jul 03, 2014
hotmolo: tnx a lot. Pls how does 1 influenc wer he wil b posted to or is it jst luck nd prayer? Tnx in advanc

You can influence it if you are close to the Camp Director, the Camp commandant, Platoon Officers, an L.I or a Z.I. If you join the OBS expect to be posted to the state capital cos that's where you have the Editorial Board CDS group. You can also influence it if you have the money to spend/bribe (though I don't subscribe to such). the surest way to influence your posting though is to become a Platoon Leader or Parade leader.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by oluamid(m): 10:59am On Jul 03, 2014
sokarsenal: . Nice one bro....but please is OBS for only communication graduates and similar disciplines?..........or can any corper from any discipline join the group........PLEASE.....anybody can answer this

Any graduate can join the OBS so far you can show the ability to be a good OAP or writer/reporter (though preferences are given to mass comm and other related grads). If you study Elect Eng or you are a DJ you equally have a good chance.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by MadCow1: 11:06am On Jul 03, 2014
savio07: Special information needed from all past and presently serving corp members.

PLEASE will like to know the benefits accrued to being a platoon leader for the 3 weeks orientation program of NYSC.

[b]As a former Platoon Leader, I will give you some benefits;

1. Pussiie. For some reason, dumb corp members who are females think Platoon Leaders can influence their posting. Some of my Niggas exploited that.

2. You get the liberty of taking some rests inbetween lectures.

3. Food.. As Platoon Leader, you are incharge of your Platoons food and thus get first dipps at it. (I couldnt stand Camp food, never ate it for even a day).

4. Closeness to the Camp Officials. As the face of your platoon, you get to regularly interact with NYSC officials thus establishing a relationship.

5. Posting to the State Capital. Most of the Platoon leaders that were with me got posted to the State Capital.

DOWNSIDE:

1. Dealing with a multitude of Reetard Graduates. As platoon Leader, you have the ill fortune of trying to reason with unreasonable people. And problem is that they are now in a pack so they are even more unreasonable.

2. Insults: As Platoon Leader, I never one day took money from any member. I put my deputy and finance person in charge of that. Nigerians and Money, you dont want to get caught in the middle of that bullshit.

3. Responsibility: Be ready to sacrifice your time and money for ungrateful fucktards.

[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by temmyt20(m): 11:13am On Jul 03, 2014
ajoskele: Ede south, Batch 14A. I was in platoon 7.
kk am ede north, 13c
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by rildwanullahi(m): 11:32am On Jul 03, 2014
Enugu i dont knw,bt state allowee na 5k
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Footlocker(m): 11:50am On Jul 03, 2014
Evergreen123:

y was it brutal?
. Erm I was an FCT corper camping in keffi! I wasn't expecting a situation Whereby the toilets/ bathroom looked like a pigsty! A situation Whereby boys were shitting on the floor since they didn't want to enter the toilet out of fear of infection, which seemed highly likely. Quite a lot of boys / girls unlike bathed outside butt naked.15centimetre thick mattresses most were worn out! PARADE that was HELL ! Mosquito infested environment! Story plenty! Simple put it's not encouraging no wonder soldiers ain't smiling one can only imagine how barracks are!
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by tivereegega(m): 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
IT GIVES YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO DISPLAY YOUR SKILS OF LEADERSHIP AS A GRADUATE. ALSO BOAST YOUR SELF CONFIDENCE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

29-Year-Old Corper Slumps, Dies While Playing Basketball / NYSC Officially Announced 2018 Batch B Stream II Call-up Letter Date -screenshot / Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.