Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader (30308 Views)

Platoon 10 / Platoon 3, NYSC DELTA Lost Three Gems. / Meet Your Platoon Members Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Jerry24kay(m): 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
ajoskele:
With this new directive from NYSC DG though, you may be posted to a media house.
Pls what's the New Directive ?...just graduated last month ..going to serve by Nov ..
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
labbyboi: If you're nursing the impression of adding it to ya CV, Nna you better drop it. tongue tongue
He can add it to his CV of course .

That is proven leadership skills : Nigerian youths sha , Una no no how to utilise opportunities !

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Forwetinnah: 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2014
ajoskele: OBS..Orientation Broadcasting Service

Complete waste of time except you have your cash or connection..in my batch all the corpers in OBS got poo ppas, they tell you to join groups with the promise of getting good ppas etc..all LIES! Some people do match pass so tay dem get k-leg, skin change color but nothing nothing, infact the guy that carried the NYSC flag during parade was posted to one bush with me after all the promises meanwhile people who were not even in camp for a week got the best spaces,noborry teeeh me to redeploy.

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Bigsteveg(m): 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
ajoskele: lol..Bros, Osun state has 30LGs ooh..it depends on the town you are posted. In Ede where I serve, you could get a room as low as 7k per annum and as high as 30k. It depends on your preference.
Here, a self-contain room ranges between 30' and 60k

Uhnmmmm, Ede, dats my home town. Serene environment, lovely people. Am sure u'll after ur nysc, u wont wanna leave again

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
Heineken: . Thanks boss. A friend that just finished serving there said I should join one group like that when I get to camp that I'll be posted to a better place. He said they are in charge of info or news in camp. I've 4ggtn the name
better place that you created? some pple sef.SMH
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
none whatsoever
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 02, 2014
For wetin nah?:

Complete waste of time except you have your cash or connection..in my batch all the corpers in OBS got poo ppas, they tell you to join groups with the promise of getting good ppas etc..all LIES! Some people do match pass so tay dem get k-leg, skin change color but nothing nothing, infact the guy that carried the NYSC flag during parade was posted to one bush with me after all the promises meanwhile people who were not even in camp for a week got the best spaces,noborry teeeh me to redeploy.
no be only match pass...we don grad.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by tunesoft(m): 8:42pm On Jul 02, 2014
NOTHING.....NOTHING.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by savio07(m): 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2014
mezebel: am a living witness of platoon leaders benefit because I was once a platoon leader and am currently serving in chibok day secondary school. My cds group is anti boko haram squad... Tears full my eye as I dey type dis....
Funny dude. I Wish u had more meaningful ansa to my post.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by savio07(m): 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
godG: I was a Platoon Leader in camp.

Demanding. Because:

You might not really enjoy your camping being a leader.

E dey pain me say I no get time for 'package' cheesy. I was always exhausted.

You have to attend to so MANY things. You coordinate your platoon activities.

Your phone rings at leat 15 times daily. You get to work with the Platoon Officer and/or Commander whenever s/he calls.

You are like the father of the platoon members. Then, you will know that Nigerian graduates are really unemployable. You take excuse for them.

You make announcements in OBS, etc.

Benefits:

You get posted to wherever you want if you did well. Without a dime. My officials actually asked me where I wanted because they loved the job I did.

Likewise, you get access to firsthand info.

Another is that you might be licensed to go to mammi anytime if you have a good relationship with your Commander. Going out from the boring SAED lectures too won't be an issue for you. Just tell anybody that asks you that you are Officer Lagbaja's Platoon Leader. For me, almost all those soldiers knew me. Whenever them see me, dem go say:"Platoon 4 leader, how you dey?" My reply: "I'm good, sir." I go just waka like a boss.

Also, you will never get punished with your colleagues by your Commander. You chose what you want to do and what you don't want, because nobody expects you to kill yourself with all the demands that come with being the leader.

But please, don't mess with your colleagues' money. Be faithful, dedicated, listening, etc. and you would love the experience, because many people will look up to you - even after camp.

Right now, they still call me Platoon Leader wherever they see me.

But I no get time for package. cheesy Any avenue wey I see, na soso sleep.

Are you ready for this?

****Pls. excuse typos.
What a great and wonderful response. Thanks Bro! You gave me all I wanted to know.

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2014
savio07: Funny dude. I Wish u had more meaningful ansa to my post.
what a matured responds to an idiot....GOD bless ur brains boss...
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Uhnmmmm, Ede, dats my home town. Serene environment, lovely people. Am sure u'll after ur nysc, u wont wanna leave again
Ede na better place oo..constant light, cheap food and transport, good roads, very accomodating a people. I won't wanna leave buh I will!!
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 8:53pm On Jul 02, 2014
For wetin nah?:

The shape of the earth is spherical.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by savio07(m): 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
patrickdarlins: what a matured responds to an idiot....GOD bless ur brains boss...
Lol
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
Jerry24kay:
Pls what's the New Directive ?...just graduated last month ..going to serve by Nov ..
Prospective corps members would be posted to their areas of discipline.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by tobey2ng(m): 9:05pm On Jul 02, 2014
ajoskele: You will all be posted to Osogbo, the state capital buh trust me you may be posted to a school. Your CDS would eventually be Editorial CDS. But wait ooh, u need dey very active for OBS oo if not na On Your Own u go dey.
Its nt he may be likely post to skool.Its 98% sure dat most copas in osun wil be post to skools because d governor said wen he came to camp wen I served n dat ws excitely wat dey did. So be prepared to be a copa teacher man lolz

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by angelkoopa(f): 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
Being a platoon leader is just sacrificial, dont think it will influence your posting,except you are favoured just as any other platoon member can be favoured

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by mojounited(m): 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
Depends entirely on the type of NYSC staffs and Military Personnel in camp; If they're good/kind, you'll be privy to a bit of key info in camp but you'll have to use that to your advantage - it might not necessarily influence your posting (PPA) though, ELSE you'll benefit Nada, zilch, zero, shimkpain! Best bet, join the NYSC Musical Band in camp - you'll enjoy both in and out of camp. Why you may ask? NYSC Band is the ONLY military arm of ALL the CDS' in camp and the soldiers really respect the band boys as long as you guys can play well during parades and salutes)...I was a member of the band and we used to sit with soldiers in Mami to have fun. You can even leave the useless afternoon lectures on the pretence of going to service/repair the band instruments in time for parade cuz those khaki boys don't joke with parade o. Outside camp, all Band members are ALWAYS posted to the state capital (NYSC State Coordinator will need you guys for National Salutes during NYSC functions in the state so there's no way you'll be posted elsewhere) #My two pence
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Ekowise(m): 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2014
Do it expecting nothing.....
Do it because you know you have good leadership qualities.......
Expect your reward for it from God......
If u deviate, OYO for you.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by jfkenny(m): 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
what happens if one falter during parade..
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 02, 2014
Camp Ede cheesy ex-otondo 11C/1195..i spent the best days of my life @ osun;how i miss Ikirun..GOD bless dem all
ajoskele: I'm serving. Osun state.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2014
Yes ooo!Aregbesola love teachers!excluding medical doctors though..
tobey2ng:
Its nt he may be likely post to skool.Its 98% sure dat most copas in osun wil be post to skools because d governor said wen he came to camp wen I served n dat ws excitely wat dey did. So be prepared to be a copa teacher man lolz
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by rildwanullahi(m): 9:46pm On Jul 02, 2014
Posting policy has changed and u may b lucky o.b.s may help bt they hav number of slots too,my platoon leader na one village e dey,no just stress urself just try mingle with officials not military officers except commandant
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by rildwanullahi(m): 9:52pm On Jul 02, 2014
U fit play ball,if them choose among d team 4 ur batch na state capital or sumwhere close to d capital
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Footlocker(m): 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
All it takes it the right source and release light change! You'll get choice posting! It's not rocket science! Becoming a platoon leader unnecessary stress! Unless your down for that! And who says your going to be made leader anyway! As for me I was posted to a decent place without even bothering!but the opportunity to manipulate was there!
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by tobey2ng(m): 10:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
tsolz84: Yes ooo!Aregbesola love teachers!excluding medical doctors though..
Yeah! He said it'excluding doctors n pharmacist.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by leshluap(m): 10:29pm On Jul 02, 2014
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by tobey2ng(m): 10:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
tsolz84: Camp Ede cheesy ex-otondo 11C/1195..i spent the best days of my life @ osun;how i miss Ikirun..GOD bless dem all
11A/1103.Ikirun 2

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Niyinficient(m): 10:35pm On Jul 02, 2014
I hail d house abeg? Any info on enugu state? How d place be like? I mean their nysc package!
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by zurine(f): 10:39pm On Jul 02, 2014
interesting responses

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by omusiliyu(m): 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
Gone were those days in Kalabariland in Rivers state.

Youth obey the clarion call, let us lift our nation high, under the sun or in the rain with dedication and selflessness, Nigeria High Nigeria i serve.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Male Corper Turns Truck Pusher In Tongue Wagging Photos / Nysc In Enugu State.. / 24-Year-Old Female Benue Corper Buried In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.