Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? (14044 Views)

Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? / Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. / Being Married To A Nigerian Is Hard Sometimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by ihedinobi2: 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2014
Marriage is not designed to kill dreams, but the nature of the relationship is such that a woman or man that does not share your view of life is going to put a real stopper on any dreams you have because your dreams are based on how you see life.

Marriage was designed to provide the male with a person who can help him achieve the purpose of his existence, but that will never happen if he either gets married before he figures out what his life is about or he marries someone who cannot appreciate that purpose for any reason.

2 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2014
Afam4eva: It hinders individualistic and selfish dreams. When you agree to marry, your life no longer belongs to you. You share it with your partner and any decision you make has to be an agreement between you and your partner. That's why if you want to continue the dream you've been nursing before marriage, make sure you marry someone that will accept both you and your dreams.

Cosign.
Well said!
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by biomedixexcel(m): 2:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
When you married somebody who does not support ur dreams

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2014
I am a strong dreamer. I see myself achieving any type of dream married or unmarried.

If my wife wants me to support her dreams, it must be realistic and ongoing before we get married. I will show her results of my own dreams so she has no option than supporting them.

But I won't allow me or her move away from each other in pursuit of dreams

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by simdam500(m): 5:30pm On Jun 29, 2014
That is Naija, in The western world, dreams are achieved after marriage even they believe in the word "ka fi owo we owo lowo fin mo"

But here in my country it doesn't go that way, they too much belief in spirituality than reality, too much divinity to be humanity....

Smh

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by bukatyne(f): 5:59pm On Jun 29, 2014
GboyegaD: Good observation OP. I think the challenge is in the way we see marriage in our culture. Unless we have a broader view of life and marriage, it will have to remain the way it is right now.

I cosign this

Marriage is seen as the end of life so I guess it contributes to been a dream stopper ( for those who have dreams anyways)

Tell an average Nigerian that you want to do something like travel round the world and the next thing is ... don't you know you are married?

4 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
Danielotuya: It does oh. That's y some pipo will say if u wanna change d world do it wen u are unmarried,cos wen u are maried,u cant even change d TV channel

LOL....true. My living room TV is permanently tuned to Disney junior. I have been watching the world cup on my laptop via broadband internet.
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by meshacha1: 12:50am On Jun 30, 2014
It depends strictly on your dreams!!! There must be something both of you must commit yourself to and if your dreams is self centered then your dreams won't stand.
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by zurine(f): 4:32am On Jun 30, 2014
it depends on the kind of dream you wish to have
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by lomaxx: 6:49am On Jun 30, 2014
More contributions on this thread pls....
I need to make some decisions.
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
For a lady that is married to an African man i will say YES
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by lomaxx: 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
More comments desired.
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Kanwulia: 2:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
No!
Unless you a married to a BADLUCK JONATHAN! kiss

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
Anything worth having in life has a price, so does marriage. The question everyone should ask themselves is if marriage is worth the price they would have to pay. The answer to the question is and must be personal.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) / Am I Extravagant With N80K And Above Monthly Spending? / Help, How Do I Cope With A Verbally Abusive Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.