Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. (10838 Views)

Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria / Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? / Being Married To A Nigerian Is Hard Sometimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by elainemia(f): 2:36pm On May 10, 2012
Hi,
I'm a married woman with kids(3),and sometimes I feel like marriage and kids are like holding down my dreams n goals in life from coming to fruition.I have an OND in computer science, tried looking for a job, it wasn't easy even considering the fact that it was OND qualification I was making use of,finally I got one as a receptionist. The pay... 30,000k but I had to get a nanny for my kids. Now the nanny was demanding a salary of 20,000k, from where I stay to where I have to work I will spend at least 12,000k on transport! How much was I being payed?! Due to this and my kids...I cudnt leave them without anyone to take care of them I had to forfeit the job. Maybe if I didn't have the kids(not that I do not love them and thank God for giving them to me) I would have been working now. The main issue now is my hubby,if I get some job,he is like no I don't want you to work there if I bring up a business idea he is like no not that kind of business. Recently, I decided to acquire a skill, the 3 I have my eyes on are being a makeup artist, fashion designer or hairstylist cos I work very well with my hands but getting the money to register and learn out of him is a problem. Sometimes I feel like he just wants me to sit at home though he doesn't admit to it. I am tired of being at home year in year out. Pleaseeee I need some candid advice on what to do. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by elainemia(f): 3:43pm On May 10, 2012
Doesn't anyone have something to say to me!!! I need help(ADVICE) plssss!
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Tgirl4real(f): 3:56pm On May 10, 2012
elaine mia: Doesn't anyone have something to say to me!!! I need help(ADVICE) plssss!

lol.

The post will start pouring in soon.

Well, sometimes we sacrifice a lot for the things we love. I wont like you to see your kids as a stumbling block to your progress. Even without them, you may still be where you are. So, please don't regret. Moreover, there are plenty people out there seeking God's face for a family.

About your husband not wanting you to work. Since he hasn't put his foot down, then don't give up searching for a job. I don't know what kind of extended family you got. When you find one, you could arrange for them to stay with a family member. But I must warn you ahead of time. Once you start working, you miss the freedom and the time you have to care for your kids.

And if it's the skill acquisition, I will suggest you start saving up from the little pocket money (I hope he gives you that)you get from him. Once you have enough, you can seek his approval.

1 Like

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Smilenw(f): 4:09pm On May 10, 2012
Answer to your question is a big no. Where there is a will, there is a way. There are millions of women who work full-time and yet have happy homes with husband n kids. In your case, I'd say you shouldve planned your life before you started baby making. Children are a gift from God. Please never consider them as a hindrance to your goals or dream. You say you could've worked if they were not there. Probably. But do u think ur life would have been complete with just a few hundred thousands without any offspring?
After reading your post, I have just some questions for you-what exactly is your dream and goal? How old are your kids? Didn't you discuss your plans to work before marriage with your hubby? I feel you just need a source of income and you don't have any particular job interest in mind. Since your area of expertise is computer science, why don't you try to work from home ? Content writing, transcription etc etc ..It won't take you away from home whilst giving you the financial independence you need.

1 Like

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Tgirl4real(f): 4:15pm On May 10, 2012
Smilenw:
Answer to your question is a big no. Where there is a will, there is a way. There are millions of women who work full-time and yet have happy homes with husband n kids. In your case, I'd say you shouldve planned your life before you started baby making. Children are a gift from God. Please never consider them as a hindrance to your goals or dream. You say you could've worked if they were not there. Probably. But do u think ur life would have been complete with just a few hundred thousands without any offspring?
After reading your post, I have just some questions for you-what exactly is your dream and goal? How old are your kids? Didn't you discuss your plans to work before marriage with your hubby? I feel you just need a source of income and you don't have any particular job interest in mind. Since your area of expertise is computer science, why don't you try to work from home ? Content writing, transcription etc etc ..It won't take you away from home whilst giving you the financial independence you need.

Wow!

Thanks for your response.

Poster,

Told you response will soon pour in. grin

I am a bit busy myself, just thought I had chip in a line or two.
Sit down and draw up a plan of your strength and weaknesses. The things you love to do, where you love to work and streamline all your options to the most reasonable and realistic one. I believe once you get busy discovering yourself, passion will build up.

All you need now is passion and a lil motivation.

I will be back to post more.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:30pm On May 10, 2012
Your children are the best gift given to you by God, please do everything to take good care of them.
With time the necessary idea and inspiration you need will start flooding in and even your husband can't stop that dream from happening.
Have an open and explore areas how you can add value to your life right now.
If you are patient and you have space, you can start a mini creche to look after your kids and other peoples kids thereby making some money.

3 Likes

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by ATMC(f): 4:30pm On May 10, 2012
I think u should take a break from d job search nd get ur hubby to believe in ur ability...if a woman gets a man to believe in her, he'll let u live ur dream...u can ask our married actresses...
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by ronkebp(f): 4:36pm On May 10, 2012
My kids can never be a stumbling block, i will 'weave' them into my life, all i have to do, is make realistic goals and how to acheive them, so that nothing suffers.
Getting married and having kids is a stage in life that majority of people are hoping to be in, what use is education if you cannot fully apply it to your life

Your suggestions of getting more skills is a good one, and that will help you with the home front as in the challeneges will be less stressful. Talk to your hubby let him know that sitting at home and doing nothing is "driving you crazy and it will make you feel better, if you started something".
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 10, 2012

5 Likes

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 10, 2012
Wow kids, your own kids you call a stumbling block? Wow undecided abi you are the stumbling block with your half certificate. People with bachelor degree, masters, PHD are still looking for correct work in Naija with good pay, it is now you with OND? My friend you are your own stumbling block. Go to school and get a Bsc before asking for better job with better pay
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Tgirl4real(f): 4:51pm On May 10, 2012
elaine mia: Hi,
Maybe if I didn't have the kids(not that I do not love them and thank God for giving them to me) I would have been working now.

A lot of people think this way. The married women around me often admire me and wish they were "working class lady" like me. cheesy

I laugh at them. If only they know the kinda stress I go through on a daily basis to ensure I give my baby and hubby the best. They don't know I have considered resigning one million times.

I don't support house wives being idle as this will breed gossip and unhealthy association. So, OP, it's good you discover where your strength lies and work towards achieving something in that line.

But please, please and please, stop putting the blame on your kids.

3 Likes

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Tgirl4real(f): 4:54pm On May 10, 2012
chaircover:
One thing I want you to remember is that kids are young for very little time & before you know it, you will have your life back. Kids grow very very fast and if you had them young, there is still plenty of time to pick up your career if that is what you want to do. So please please please enjoy your kids now.

Very true. No pain no gain my dear.

You are investing now to reap later.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Tobiegal(f): 5:18pm On May 10, 2012
I feel ur pain o! bt like d others have said...

You are your stumbling block...

Every woman dream of having that 'perfect life' where everything is controlled...

Bt, the reality is that, its hard... very very hard.

Even with a child, job as a bank staff n a husband... its not easy... bt with God all things are possible.

Just try to ensure that you talk to your hubby and come to an agreement with him...

Am sure, you'l be up and doing in no time...while ur next post would probably be titled as ' how do u cope with work n raising kids"!

All d best.

1 Like

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Busybody2(f): 5:20pm On May 10, 2012
I'm a married woman with kids(3),and sometimes I feel like marriage and kids are like holding down my dreams n goals in life from coming to fruition.I have an OND in computer science, tried looking for a job, it wasn't easy even considering the fact that it was OND qualification I was making use of,finally I got one as a receptionist. The pay... 30,000k but I had to get a nanny for my kids. Now the nanny was demanding a salary of 20,000k, from where I stay to where I have to work I will spend at least 12,000k on transport! How much was I being payed?! Due to this and my kids...I cudnt leave them without anyone to take care of them I had to forfeit the job. Maybe if I didn't have the kids(not that I do not love them and thank God for giving them to me) I would have been working now. The main issue now is my hubby,if I get some job,he is like no I don't want you to work there if I bring up a business idea he is like no not that kind of business. Recently, I decided to acquire a skill, the 3 I have my eyes on are being a makeup artist, fashion designer or hairstylist cos I work very well with my hands but getting the money to register and learn out of him is a problem. Sometimes I feel like he just wants me to sit at home though he doesn't admit to it. I am tired of being at home year in year out. Pleaseeee I need some candid advice on what to do. Thanks in anticipation.

You come across as someone who married young, was rushed into having too many children too soon and now you feel life has passed you by and wished you were on the other side of the fence. But listen up dearie, you cannot have it all, something's gotta give. Even career ladies in the Western World struggle to strive a balance between work and raising children, so you are not alone. So get that thought out of your head that these people God has blessed you with her stumbling blocks in your life. If anything, its just that you married a controlling guy, but since you are in it now, there is no need resenting the dude, so all you can do is pray God soften his heart . . .

I am glad to see that you have not lost hope yet and have weighed your strength and weaknesses and are quite good with your hands. Thumbs up for this entrepreneurial spirit of yours and please keep the fire burning, it is the way forward, and if you set your heart to it, the sky is your limit and you would even find yourself employing Graduates to work on your payroll.

(((A massive hug to you)))

3 Likes

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by taryour(f): 5:25pm On May 10, 2012
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by ezicat: 6:41pm On May 10, 2012
Gah - I wish the rest would stop being so hard on you. When you have to sit at home twiddling your thumbs with nothing but children for company, most sane women would wonder "what-if?" Perfectly understandable. Having said that I will then concur with the others in saying that you've made your bed (or it's been made for you), and your biggest challenge right now is convincing your husband that you'd like to carve out a career for yourself as well. Maybe he's concerned that once you start working, you won't have enough time for him and the kids. Assure him that that isn't the case.

And the bland statement that "children are a blessing from God." It irks me - children are a product of sex and fertility. Depending on their genetics and upbringing, they can grow up to be scientists, inventors, engineers or serial killers, rapists, dictators.... So some children are blessings, and some are curses. It's irrelevant. All you can do is work within your means to do the right thing by them (i.e. the right upbringing) since they're your responsibility. No more, no less.

3 Likes

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by elainemia(f): 7:55pm On May 10, 2012
Tgirl4real:

lol.

The post will start pouring in soon.

Well, sometimes we sacrifice a lot for the things we love. I wont like you to see your kids as a stumbling block to your progress. Even without them, you may still be where you are. So, please don't regret. Moreover, there are plenty people out there seeking God's face for a family.

About your husband not wanting you to work. Since he hasn't put his foot down, then don't give up searching for a job. I don't know what kind of extended family you got. When you find one, you could arrange for them to stay with a family member. But I must warn you ahead of time. Once you start working, you miss the freedom and the time you have to care for your kids.

And if it's the skill acquisition, I will suggest you start saving up from the little pocket money (I hope he gives you that)you get from him. Once you have enough, you can seek his approval.

Thnx for ur response.I really appreciate.my extended family dosen't stay here and the few that do stay quite far from me.my hubby is not d pocket money type.he has never given me that before.though he buys me good stuff when he sees one but he doesn't give me money.the lil change I have I get from feeding allowance which he gives daily.that's my hubby 4 u.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by victorian(f): 8:15pm On May 10, 2012
dear op, first youve made the decision of getting married ontime and having kids, which is a blessing. As for me, i would have been married last yr and even this yr, but i have laid out plans , i want to achieve b4 bearing kids and doing the full wifey work at home. Children and the homefront , takes a huge amount of dedication and attachment, which am not capable of giving right now. Likewise my fiance. I and my fiance, came up with this idea that we should postpone our wedding until a certain date, which we both agree to accomplish and hopefuly complete our dreams to a certain degree and also be prepared mentally to be parents and happily married. But to your question, you need to convince your husband especially on his happy moments that u have to better yourself , which will inreturn be good for the family. Let him know, what truly makes you happy and how you to achieve it, with his help involved. Talk to him continously and do some reasearch on how to go about your next step in career. Give him details of what u have found out and how good it will affect your lives with the kids involved. I bet, if he truly listens, he will support you, cause u cant do it alone as you are married with kids. Best of luck and always pray about it.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by elainemia(f): 8:18pm On May 10, 2012
Smilenw:
Tnx for ur post. First my dream n goal is to have a good job and grow careerwise in my field of study and also have a steady source of income(yes).my kids are 4,3 & 11mths respectively).we talked and agreed that I will work or start a business,but I started having kids quite early I was actually pregnant on my wedding day and since then its just been one excuse or the other.I actually thot of content writing and so on,but I don,t know how to start or if it works here in naija.made some research online but came up with nothing tangible.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by elainemia(f): 8:28pm On May 10, 2012
TheShopKeeper: Your children are the best gift given to you by God, please do everything to take good care of them.
With time the necessary idea and inspiration you need will start flooding in and even your husband can't stop that dream from happening.
Have an open and explore areas how you can add value to your life right now.
If you are patient and you have space, you can start a mini creche to look after your kids and other peoples kids thereby making some money.
Thanks for your post but I really can( do the creche stuff, I'm not that patient with children wahala. Uknw their wahala too much especially when they r little.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 10, 2012
Busy_body:

You come across as someone who married young, was rushed into having too many children too soon and now you feel life has passed you by and wished you were on the other side of the fence. But listen up dearie, you cannot have it all, something's gotta give. [b]Even career ladies in the Western World struggle to strive a balance between work and raising children, so you are not alone. So get that thought out of your head that these people God has blessed you with her stumbling blocks in your life. [/b]If anything, its just that you married a controlling guy, but since you are in it now, there is no need resenting the dude, so all you can do is pray God soften his heart . . .

I am glad to see that you have not lost hope yet and have weighed your strength and weaknesses and are quite good with your hands. Thumbs up for this entrepreneurial spirit of yours and please keep the fire burning, it is the way forward, and if you set your heart to it, the sky is your limit and you would even find yourself employing Graduates to work on your payroll.

What I would give to be a stay at home mom, an arm and a leg perhaps! Anyhoo poster, life often appear greener on the other side, trust me it aint all that rosy. I love my job and career die but recently been contemplating packing it all in just so I can be around my children more.

Nigeria isn't kind to people who get their certs after a certain age so going back to school may not necessarily provide you with a way out, my candid opinion to you is sit your hubby down and ask him exactly what kind of skilled trade he does not have a problem with since you say you are good with your hands.

1 Like

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 10, 2012
This is a dicey issue.

Your husband doesn't want you to work.
If you go against him then obviously they will be conflict in the marriage.

I hope he has taken insurance for you and the kids.
A man who wants to be the sole provider must also make plans for his family in case he dies suddenly.

You can do your business and studies online.
I know somebody in your shoes, she buys shirts online from UK and sells them.
She is making good money without even leaving home.

After all said and done the ball is your court.
You know your hubby better, you should be able to convince him otherwise.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by elainemia(f): 9:12pm On May 10, 2012
elaine mia: [/quote]
naijababe:

What I would give to be a stay at home mom, an arm and a leg perhaps! Anyhoo poster, life often appear greener on the other side, trust me it aint all that rosy. I love my job and career die but recently been co
contemplating packing it all in just so I can be around my children more.

Nigeria isn't kind to people who get their certs after a certain age so going back to school may not necessarily provide you with a way out, my candid opinion to you is sit your hubby down and ask him exactly what kind of skilled trade he does not have a problem with since you say you are good with your hands.

I'm actually in school.I'm 27 and I'm doing a part time program I lasu.I have one year left to go but u knw naija and hw the system is.I'm supposed to have written my 400l 2nd semester exams in jan but its may and still we haven't due to some problems they say they have.moreover I've been at home for almost 5 years doing nothing

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by elainemia(f): 9:23pm On May 10, 2012
victorian: dear op, first youve made the decision of getting married ontime and having kids, which is a blessing. As for me, i would have been married last yr and even this yr, but i have laid out plans , i want to achieve b4 bearing kids and doing the full wifey work at home. Children and the homefront , takes a huge amount of dedication and attachment, which am not capable of giving right now. Likewise my fiance. I and my fiance, came up with this idea that we should postpone our wedding until a certain date, which we both agree to accomplish and hopefuly complete our dreams to a certain degree and also be prepared mentally to be parents and happily married. But to your question, you need to convince your husband especially on his happy moments that u have to better yourself , which will inreturn be good for the family. Let him know, what truly makes you happy and how you to achieve it, with his help involved. Talk to him continously and do some reasearch on how to go about your next step in career. Give him details of what u have found out and how good it will affect your lives with the kids involved. I bet, if he truly listens, he will support you, cause u cant do it alone as you are married with kids. Best of luck and always pray about it.
I do pray and will continue too. thanks a lot
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by elainemia(f): 9:33pm On May 10, 2012
Busy_body:

You come across as someone who married young, was rushed into having too many children too soon and now you feel life has passed you by and wished you were on the other side of the fence. But listen up dearie, you cannot have it all, something's gotta give. Even career ladies in the Western World struggle to strive a balance between work and raising children, so you are not alone. So get that thought out of your head that these people God has blessed you with her stumbling blocks in your life. If anything, its just that you married a controlling guy, but since you are in it now, there is no need resenting the dude, so all you can do is pray God soften his heart . . .

Thanks Busy_Body. I really did feel your hug,it was reassuring. I got married at 22 and I had my kids quiye early and really close, and yeah I feel left behind career wise.I appreciate your post gives me so much courage and desire to push on and I will.

1 Like

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Busybody2(f): 10:14pm On May 10, 2012
naijababe:

What I would give to be a stay at home mom, an arm and a leg perhaps! Anyhoo poster, life often appear greener on the other side, trust me it aint all that rosy. I love my job and career die but recently been contemplating packing it all in just so I can be around my children more.

Kudos to you wonderwomen holding the forte. I had to jack it in cos I was going loco ffrom stress and not being able to get a grip on time planning, wake up in the morning, check timetable for food, son, self, work. . . drop pickin off at breakfast club, head for work, frantically checking phone everytime incase I missed the dreaded phonecall from school to come pickin cos he is hurt or sick, whilst simultaneously grocery-buying and cooking the food for the whole week "in my head", as well as the many phone calls to sort out the bills, the car, household repairs, social clubs, arghhh. . .then come home, cook, clean, tidy up, feed, clear up, wash, put to bed, do laundry, crash into bed . . . Only to start the cycle the next day. . . Gosh I even used to dread food shopping and start cursing under my breath that I have to go home and cook all this, lol.

And the financial reward gets eaten up so fast, gosh, never again. Fingers crossed/touch wood/God willing. . .

1 Like

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by elainemia(f): 10:23pm On May 10, 2012
jennykadry: Wow kids, your own kids you call a stumbling block? Wow undecided abi you are the stumbling block with your half certificate. People with bachelor degree, masters, PHD are still looking for correct work in Naija with good pay, it is now you with OND? My friend you are your own stumbling block. Go to school and get a Bsc before asking for better job with better pay
I am in school o.I'm running a part time program in LASU.Bsc in computer science.I have one year left.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Busybody2(f): 10:24pm On May 10, 2012
elaine mia:
Thanks Busy_Body. I really did feel your hug,it was reassuring. I got married at 22 and I had my kids quiye early and really close, and yeah I feel left behind career wise.I appreciate your post gives me so much courage and desire to push on and I will.

Anytime babes. Just hold your head up high regardless of your qualifications, whatever will be will be. You are clearly not a lazy person nor someone unwilling to apply herself, so keep up the same upbeat attitude, keep appealing to your Hubby's good nature to set you up in business, or since he is sponsoring your studies, just keep talking to him and ask him what he thinks should be your next step after your course.

2 Likes

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 10, 2012
Busy_body:

Kudos to you wonderwomen holding the forte. I had to jack it in cos I was going loco ffrom stress and not being able to get a grip on time planning, wake up in the morning, check timetable for food, son, self, work. . . drop pickin off at breakfast club, head for work, frantically checking phone everytime incase I missed the dreaded phonecall from school to come pickin cos he is hurt or sick, whilst simultaneously grocery-buying and cooking the food for the whole week "in my head", as well as the many phone calls to sort out the bills, the car, household repairs, social clubs, arghhh. . .then come home, cook, clean, tidy up, feed, clear up, wash, put to bed, do laundry, crash into bed . . . Only to start the cycle the next day. . . Gosh I even used to dread food shopping and start cursing under my breath that I have to go home and cook all this, lol.

And the financial reward gets eaten up so fast, gosh, never again. Fingers crossed/touch wood/God willing. . .

u just described my life. i'm in a constant state of tiredness. what i would give to work part time.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 10, 2012
Busy_body:

Wonderwoman sha?!my sister no be beans o, the only time I have to myself is loo time. I hope not to die before my time cause I keep wondering when it'll get better.

The bolded had me in fits grin
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Daresh(f): 11:51pm On May 10, 2012
My sister I feel. Your pain. Its not a good feeling to have to ask for money and to be under appreciated. I was in your shoes not too long ago, unhappy with my life, upset with my husband and my son because I felt so under appreciated. It took me a while and a lot of good advice to get me thankful for what I had and find what I love to do and do it. I have always known I am not a 9-5 person but in my desire to just get out of the house and do something I almost started a job I hate. I took a lot of thinking, planning and consulting b4 I could turn what I love to do into a business and you know the best part? I don't even have to leave home! So my love, I advice you to find what you love to do and do it and be there for ur family especially your kids because they are the best thing in the world!
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Busybody2(f): 11:53pm On May 10, 2012
cotton101:

u just described my life. i'm in a constant state of tiredness. what i would give to work part time.

Ha, you reminded me of that word "tiredness" again, the alarm going off and your shattered body refusing to get up cos it knows it needs an extra 5 hours sleep daily. How I managed to get anything done is still a miracle.

May the good Lord come through for you and your heart's desires and also preserve your precious child whom you are doing this for.

naijababe:

Wonderwoman sha?!my sister no be beans o, the only time I have to myself is loo time. I hope not to die before my time cause I keep wondering when it'll get better.

The bolded had me in fits grin

Hahaha, I've got a friend whose sanctuary is the loo too. That's the only place she can escape into her own lil world away from her screaming kids. Then she comes out only to hear her Hubby sneaking away and nearly falling over, after eavesdropping on her grin

I find shopping from Nigerian stores a bit bearable, its those Tesco, Sainsbury's ones I can't stand. . .take the stuffs off the shelves and put it in your trolley. . .take it from the trolley and place on the belt. . .remove from belt and put in trolley (again). . .put in boot of car (leave there for 2 days) . . .dump on kitchen floor for another 3 days. . .then get the strength to put them away in their respective places, phew cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MUST WATCH: How To Organize A Nigerian Children's Party In London [video] / What Is The Best Brand Of Freezer To Buy In Nigeria? / Am Tired Of Staying With My Parents.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.