Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,759 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (483394 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by phillings247: 8:53pm On Oct 14, 2016
muyiroro:
@sundayadamlawo: Yes sir, is the set of ppl that made d block that did the settings.
im really impressed with this.how many pigs can dis contain
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by gentlewind(m): 2:25am On Oct 15, 2016
House please what is the prevailing price for live weight pig and weaners now, especially at oke-aro?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by martyns200(m): 3:40pm On Oct 15, 2016
gentlewind:
House please what is the prevailing price for live weight pig and weaners now, especially at oke-aro?

Live weight is $425(official price)
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ofemco: 5:06pm On Oct 15, 2016
Pls add me to your group 09053530178
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vickifeanyi47(m): 5:48pm On Oct 15, 2016
please I want to be added to the group if any..07038714951
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Chidoski64: 8:36am On Oct 16, 2016
pls add this number 08164544319
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ofemco: 9:14am On Oct 16, 2016
I need weaners 2 Males and 4 Females.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by UniqueFarmer: 9:56am On Oct 16, 2016
We provide practical daily tips on how to successfully start and operate a successful Pig farming venture. The content provided covers all the salient areas in agriculture, including creating the business plan, doing market research, constructing the farm and purchasing the stock. It also covers growing/rearing the stock, weather forecast, market prices, agronomy tips and advice for dealing with pests and diseases on topical issues affecting farmers and middle men operating in the agricultural sector.

Users can subscribe to their preferred Agric content service on the Etisalat network by sending the specific keyword to the designated short-code. Subscriber texts any of ‘Poultry’, ‘Fish’, ‘Crop’ 'Pig', or ‘SNA’ to 33327. 1st 7 days subscription is FREE...

Content are provided on daily basis and the user will be charged N50/weekly for each successful subscription. Specific topics will be treated under each content on daily basis to ensure users are well abreast on all areas involved in the category subscribed.

3. Reason To Believe:
• Convenience of receiving practical tips to help you run a successful agric business on your phone
• Content are authentic and collated from experience farmers who are successful in running their agric business
• Opportunities for internship in successful farms are offered to 20 lucky subscribers
• 7 days free trial at no cost to the subscriber, after which the subscriber can renew or deactivate if not interested

4. Heart of the Story
• Food security is currently a major challenge in Nigeria. As the population increases, the demand for food to feed the population increases.
• Agriculture guarantees a steady income and ready market for people who can learn what it takes to succeed as a farmer
• Agriculture has a lot of inherent risks for a novice. Understanding these risks and how to mitigate them is the difference between failure and success in agriculture.
• The essence of these Agric content is to equip the novice or existing farmer with the right tools (skills, information and attitude) that is required to succeed in different agricultural ventures.
• Success is guaranteed if the information provided in these content services are correctly applied.

Our Content Outline for Pig Farming
What you should know before starting pig farming
What are the principles of pig production
What are the benefits of pig farming
What are the common pig breeds
How to select pigs for stocking
How to create a pig management system
Backyard or scavenging system
Semi intensive system
Intensive – large scale commercial system
What are the requirements for a commercial pig production enterprise
How to set targets and goals
Housing the pigs
Importance of housing
What are the requirements for a pig house
How to create a pig house plan and fittings
Feeds and Feeding the Pigs
Important things to know about feeding pigs
What are the composition of a pig feed
What are the nutrient requirements for different pigs
Where to source the pig feeds
Reproductive behavior of pigs
How to handle reproduction of pigs
How to manage inbreeding
Breeding season and how to prepare the pigs
Management of boar, sow, piglets and growers
How to manage a boar
How to manage a sow
How to manage a piglet
How to manage a grower
Disease prevention and control
Major causes of pig diseases
How to prevent pig diseases
How to identify symptoms of major diseases
Where and when to see a consultant
Routine procedure
Castration of male piglets
Deworming of pigs
Identification of pigs
Cleaning of pig pens
How to keep proper farm records
Marketing Tactics
Marketing and sales of pigs
Where to find local markets for pigs
How to get best prices for your pigs
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vickifeanyi47(m): 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2016
Please what is the best way to manage waste from the farm to avoid environmental pollution. I want to start with renovation of my poultry house for piggery. Do I need to dig a pit for their feaces/urine? so as to reduce odour drastically.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by lanre2009: 6:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
You can look for farmers who will be willing to come and pack the faeces and use as manure on their farms.

vickifeanyi47:
Please what is the best way to manage waste from the farm to avoid environmental pollution. I want to start with renovation of my poultry house for piggery. Do I need to dig a pit for their feaces/urine? so as to reduce odour drastically.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vickifeanyi47(m): 7:59pm On Oct 16, 2016
lanre2009:
You can for farmers who will be willing to come and pack the faeces and use as manure on their farms.

Thanks but whereby farmers are not handy nko...I'm planning on constructing a mini soak away with blocks where the feaces can be flushed through a pipe into the soakaway.how about that?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by greenlilly(m): 9:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
@vickifeanyi47 if u can afford sockaway why can't you go for biogas digester instead?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by lanre2009: 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2016
Not a bad idea....

vickifeanyi47:

Thanks but whereby farmers are not handy nko...I'm planning on constructing a mini soak away with blocks where the feaces can be flushed through a pipe into the soakaway.how about that?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by lanre2009: 9:59pm On Oct 16, 2016
Are bio digesters readily available in Nigeria now....I know it is popular in Kenya

greenlilly:
@vickifeanyi47 if u can afford sockaway why can't you go for biogas digester instead?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Yitzchaq(m): 11:02pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hi guys. I have Whatsapp group for pig farmers. Buzz me on Whatsapp to get added. The group is just help ourselves tackle the world of pig farming. 08137932570. I also have a separate catfish group for those interested.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Walla79: 3:50am On Oct 17, 2016
muyiroro:
@Moniyitan

The size is 86/26 feet , it has 10/10 feet rooms 10 Nos, 5/10 feet rooms 9Nos for breeding and 2 hall of 10/20feet. Total expenses from foundation is about 1.1M. The ABESTUS is almost complete I'll send the current pix tomorrow.

S, how many sows and finishers can the house contain?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by muyiroro: 7:26am On Oct 17, 2016
@Moniyitan: Sow 9Nos then the other 10 rooms and 2Halls can serve as fatting rooms till finisher Average of 150 Animals depending on their sizes. Weaners and Growers should take more.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vickifeanyi47(m): 10:46am On Oct 17, 2016
Yitzchaq:
Hi guys. I have Whatsapp group for pig farmers. Buzz me on Whatsapp to get added. The group is just help ourselves tackle the world of pig farming. 08137932570. I also have a separate catfish group for those interested.

Can you please add me to the group 07038714951

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by bimbmay26: 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
Yitzchaq:

pls add me 07062175820
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Yitzchaq(m): 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
https:///LCvRG8MyMpF83GkARUkuKo. Open this link to get added to the piggery Whatsapp group
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by haywhy17(m): 12:46pm On Oct 17, 2016
How much does installation of biogas cost
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by joseph1013: 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
Is there any pig farmer in Uyo? A friend wants to make enquiries.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by akhis: 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
vickifeanyi47:

This is a good idea but the issue with this is that the soak away could get filled quick. Also, in dry season you may not be able to burn it off. If u have a space, u can spread it on it but preferably, dig a hole and drop only the waste and with time, it will dry up and u can burn off.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vickifeanyi47(m): 9:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
akhis:

This is a good idea but the issue with this is that the soak away could get filled quick. Also, in dry season you may not be able to burn it off. If u have a space, u can spread it on it but preferably, dig a hole and drop only the waste and with time, it will dry up and u can burn off.

Thank you bro
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by solreb: 8:19am On Oct 18, 2016
For all pig farmers in the house, I have Pkc (local crush machine) that gives better oil content. Please contact us at our factory near Ore Ondo state. Pls call/whatsapp 08032372245. 07089996950. We also have Pko for sale.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 11:36am On Oct 18, 2016
gentlewind:

in oke aro, live weight is currently @ 400. weaners are btw 3000 to 3500.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tayo52: 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
dynamix101:

in oke aro, live weight is currently @ 400. weaners are btw 3000 to 3500.
can u send us the location were to source for weaners of 3500,cos I have sum1 who is even willing to buy for 5k gan sef,for fattening purpose not even breeding
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by solreb: 9:09am On Oct 19, 2016
pls add me to 0803237225 pigery whatsapp chat as I intend to go into it
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ty2001: 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
lagbaja:
Dear All
Please this lagbaja feed formulation of 2014,does it still hold or there are cheaper and better feed formulation out there.

This the is formula I adopt for my pigs (Modified for Amino Acid Balancing)

50% of cassava ( I buy them Fresh, break them into chips, dry and store them)
30% pkc
10% GNC( groundnut meal) or SBM (soyabean meal)
6% blood meal
2.5%. Oyster shell/bone meal/ lime stone
0.25% lysine
0.25% methionine
0.5% salt
0.25% premix
0.03% (3g per 1kg bakers Yeast) ( probiotic)
0.1% H-Plus from Animalcare

The above feed formulation will cost you about N30 per kilo. 1kg of live pig is sold for between N280 and N300. If your pig consumes 3kg of feed to give 1 kg of meat, It means that it will cost you N90 to produce 1kg of live weight. Therefore you make a gross margin of N300 - N90= N210.

The other component of pig farming that is capital intensive is their housing. Pig housing has to be properly planed according to the number of pigs you intend to grow. You need to decide whether you want to do batch (all in all out) or continuos pig production (first in first out).

The biggest pig farm in west Africa is at oke aro , Agege. Another one is at Gberigbe Ikorodu. Accomodation costs at this locations are very high. I will advice you to site your pig pen close to where you can get cheap land and source raw materials at low price. Eg cassava plantations.

Technology application will greatly hep you in your pig farming. Fr example using, pig ni.ppl.es (see picture below) will ensure that you deliver constant and clean water to your pigs , it will also reduce labor requirements. You also need to construct a manure allay within your pig house so that when they poo poo, you can flush it away via the manure allay ( the manure allay is like a gutter).

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Yitzchaq(m): 8:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
@Solreb your number is incomplete
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Inspectahdeck(m): 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
Hello

Please add me to the what'sapp group 08038775490

Many thanks

Yitzchaq:
@Solreb your number is incomplete
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by abialaba: 1:25am On Oct 21, 2016
Please add me to the wattsapp group. 08035383657, Abiose okusanya

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.