Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:41 PM

Could This Be What Happened To Nairaland ? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Could This Be What Happened To Nairaland ? (1205 Views)

See What Happened To This Girl While Charging Her Phone With A Power Bank / The Most Embarrassing Thing That Ever Happened To You? / What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be What Happened To Nairaland ? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
Big Data wahala - As in the database/memory being swamped.....

Sometimes, when you want to submit a post, you get this message :

"Please wait for a few minutes before submitting this post. Our server is overwhelmed. "

Now, if you are conversant with minimal data management on smartphones and PC's, you would have experienced a situation whereby overload data leads to system crash or shutdown, leading you to loss your data on the fly and what not.....

This leads me to ask, as Nairaland's Data grows each minute, are the administrators negligent to this fact that their server is overwhelmed, thereby needing more resources in terms of upgrading the Database/Memory and so on......

I don't think this forum was hacked ? For what purpose then and where did it originate from ? I just observed that the system wasn't prepared for future data, making those who registered prior 2014 to retain their full data or certain aspect of it......

This could be a case of lack of maintenance culture......... I rest my case cheesy

Oya, let the motion begin cool

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be What Happened To Nairaland ? by xtervaganza(m): 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
You may be right or wrong

..but that's none of my business

Re: Could This Be What Happened To Nairaland ? by pixtuk(m): 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2014
you may be wrong or right u knw....bt my only problem nw are my lost files
Re: Could This Be What Happened To Nairaland ? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2014
pixtuk: you may be wrong or right u knw....bt my only problem nw are my lost files

Then join my class suit, I am godamm serious angry

(1) (Reply)

If We All Spoke English In Its Purest Form Only Shakespeare Would Understand Us. / OMG! Couple Arrested After Grandma Films Them Having S*x On The Beach / 19 Proofs Why Women Live Longer Than Men (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.