Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,149 members, 7,825,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

"If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John (1598 Views)

If Jesus Were Alive Today He Will Be Declared WANTED For The Following (pics) / Where Was Paul/saul When Jesus Was Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by ordinaryman: 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
Speaking to Dermot Murnaghan on Sky
News Sir Elton agreed that gay clergy should
be allowed to get married.
He said: "These are old and stupid things. If
Jesus Christ was alive today, I cannot see
him, as the Christian person that he was and
the great person that he was, saying this
could not happen.
"He was all about love and compassion and
forgiveness and trying to bring people
together and that's what the church should
be about."
Sir Elton revealed that he and David Furnish
had plans to get married next year.
But revealed it would be a quiet affair in
contrast to the couple's lavish civil
partnership.
He explained: "I don't think we can get
married until next year.
"However, when we do do, it will be very
quiet and off the cuff - we had our big
shebang when we had our civil union."
He also revealed his thoughts about the
Pope - describing him as a "wonderful" man
whose tolerance was an example to the
Church of England.
Sir Elton hoped to raise £500,000 for the
charity SportsAid after performing at Stoke
Park in Buckinghamshire.
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by mstik(f): 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
Jesus would have definitely loved them, and he wouldn't have condemned them but to say that Jesus would have supported them is wrong, it's still a sin.

1 Like

Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2014
Jesus was a Gay
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by mstik(f): 5:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
Really?
FOLYKAZE: Jesus was a Gay
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: Really?

Yes
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by mstik(f): 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
So, how dyou know that
FOLYKAZE:

Yes
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: So, how dyou know that

I added two and two together. . . .connected the dots. . . .and found out Jesus was a Gay?

Why are you curios about this, are you a gay?
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by mstik(f): 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2014
Actually, I'm looking for the best, nicest way to tell you dt you're saying crap.
FOLYKAZE:

I added two and two together. . . .connected the dots. . . .and found out Jesus was a Gay?

Why are you curios about this, are you a gay?
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:26pm On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: Actually, I'm looking for the best, nicest way to tell you dt you're saying crap.

Well keep searching.

Are you a gay? Pls answer that
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by mstik(f): 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
No. But I tell you that Jesus wasn't gay. Stop spreading false stories. If you do not like Christianity (from all indications, you are definitely not a Christian), you don't say terrible stuff about it. It's called respect for other peoples religion. You keep your nasty ideas to yourself .
FOLYKAZE:

Well keep searching.

Are you a gay? Pls answer that
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by GooseBaba: 5:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: No. But I tell you that Jesus wasn't gay. Stop spreading false stories. If you do not like Christianity (from all indications, you are definitely not a Christian), you don't say terrible stuff about it. It's called respect for other peoples religion. You keep your nasty ideas to yourself .

Jesus and twelve other men forming master and disciples...No girl no woman. shocked They always kiss each other on the cheek and proclaim mad love to one another. shocked

Now tell me how many African men kiss one another on the cheek and confess brotherly love to one another..? But we know jesus loved prostitutes well well. Therefore, he is gay or bi.sexual.

Kindly, put sentiments aside and address the homosextual behavior and tendencies of your lord and savior.
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by mstik(f): 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
Remember Jesus had women followers. So. Because he didn't have any female disciples, he's automatically gay? Kissing on the cheek was a popular form of greeting among the Jews, irrespective of gender. And you bring Africa into this. Was Jesus an African? Every people has their own peculiar culture and kissing was among the Jews' culture. Besides, how many times was kissing mentioned? Was it not only when judas betrayed Jesus? And Jesus being an embodiment of love, why shouldn't he proclaim his love? He came to save us, and only because he loved us did he do this. Your arguments are baseless and weak. You just don't say things just to sound cool or atheisty. You make sensible statements. Have you even gone through the new testament? You are just forming your silly ideas based on the little scraps of information you have
GooseBaba:

Jesus and twelve other men forming master and disciples...No girl no woman. shocked They always kiss each other on the cheek and proclaim mad love to one another. shocked

Now tell me how many African men kiss one another on the cheek and confess brotherly love to one another..? But we know jesus loved prostitutes well well. Therefore, he is gay or bi.sexual.

Kindly, put sentiments aside and address the homosextual behavior and tendencies of your lord and savior.

Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by larrymoore(m): 6:25pm On Jun 29, 2014
He won't support it because he is not a christian.
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by GooseBaba: 6:43pm On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: Remember Jesus had women followers. So. Because he didn't have any female disciples, he's automatically gay? Kissing on the cheek was a popular form of greeting among the Jews, irrespective of gender. And you bring Africa into this. Was Jesus an African? Every people has their own peculiar culture and kissing was among the Jews' culture. Besides, how many times was kissing mentioned? Was it not only when judas betrayed Jesus? And Jesus being an embodiment of love, why shouldn't he proclaim his love? He came to save us, and only because he loved us did he do this. Your arguments are baseless and weak. You just don't say things just to sound cool or atheisty. You make sensible statements. Have you even gone through the new testament? You are just forming your silly ideas based on the little scraps of information you have

I told you to put sentiments aside... cheesy How many women were present in the last supper..? How many female disciples were killed or prosecuted after his death..? If it was a cultural thing for middle eastern men to kiss each other on the cheek, why ask how many times it was mentioned in your story book. In addition, Since he was not African, you agree you are a slave to another man's culture and beliefs..

Meanwhile, Where do you think the Catholic got their "men only" priest initiatives from..? We see the result when there are no women around, the priests end up fuvking each other and innocent little boys..

Also, just because the results of my fact finding indicates that your lord and savior suvked prick and took it up his azz, does not make me an atheist. wink

1 Like

Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by mstik(f): 6:53pm On Jun 29, 2014
Okay I tried to be as calm as possible but you're pushing me. Learn to respect other people's beliefs no matter how ridiculous it seems to you. Keep your vile thoughts to yourself and do not come on this forum to spew rubbish just because you're faceless. Only trolls do that. The role of women were not emphasized much in the Bible but I tell you they played a great role in the church. Religion is not necessarily culture. I'm a Christian not because my parents are Christian and I was brought up that way, but because of my personal walk with Christ. I'm not a catholic, their beliefs don't concern me, and peodophilia has nothing to do with priesthood. So if you're not an atheist, wat are you? Again, your arguments are watery, based on stories you prolly heard while in Sunday school
GooseBaba:

I told you to put sentiments aside... cheesy How many women were present in the last supper..? How many female disciples were killed or prosecuted after his death..? If it was a cultural thing for middle eastern men to kiss each other on the cheek, why ask how many times it was mentioned in your story book. In addition, Since he was not African, you agree you are a slave to another man's culture and beliefs..

Meanwhile, Where do you think the Catholic got their "men only" priest initiatives from..? We see the result when there are no women around, the priests end up fuvking each other and innocent little boys..

Also, just because the results of my fact finding indicates that your lord and savior suvked prick and took it up his azz, does not make me an atheist. wink
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: No. But I tell you that Jesus wasn't gay. Stop spreading false stories. If you do not like Christianity (from all indications, you are definitely not a Christian), you don't say terrible stuff about it. It's called respect for other peoples religion. You keep your nasty ideas to yourself .

What brought you to the cnclusion that Jesus wasnt a gay?

Dude what is the lie you found me spreading? Why do you choose to accuse me on the ground you havent even being cleared on. . . .what do you have dirty mind?

I am an ex-christian. Once a christian, always keeping the knowledge of it intact. If I say the truth about your religion, you can hate to hear it. . .so be it as the lagoon is there for you to jump in.

I have many christian friends. . .I respect their believe because they respect my view and opinion. If I say Jesus was a gay, they ask for reasons and conditions that made me conclude on that so that they can get the angle i am viewing things from. Unlike you hypocritical coward crying foul and acclaiming foolish innocence after insulting my opinion. Do you deserve a respect? Nope. . .I will rather give it to may dog.

"People fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer." - Nas

Grow up kid
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: Remember Jesus had women followers. So. Because he didn't have any female disciples, he's automatically gay? Kissing on the cheek was a popular form of greeting among the Jews, irrespective of gender. And you bring Africa into this. Was Jesus an African? Every people has their own peculiar culture and kissing was among the Jews' culture. Besides, how many times was kissing mentioned? Was it not only when judas betrayed Jesus? And Jesus being an embodiment of love, why shouldn't he proclaim his love? He came to save us, and only because he loved us did he do this. Your arguments are baseless and weak. You just don't say things just to sound cool or atheisty. You make sensible statements. Have you even gone through the new testament? You are just forming your silly ideas based on the little scraps of information you have

The disciple jesus loved most went around with Jesus even to the mountain where Jesus was accounted to be alone. This so called most loved disciple wore linen clothes around. . . .for easy sexual intercouse thing. . . .

What are two grown men doing nakedly in a corner?

If you see two grown up guys walking in a corner nakedly. What do you think will come to your mind?

Remember David and Jonathan were gays too?

Prove me wrong and dont forget to save your venom
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by mstik(f): 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
Sorry if I seemed accusatory. But when I hear such stories, they make me cringe. However, don't get the notion that I do not understand Christianity but you don't seem to understand. I mean, you don't just jump into conclusions without going deep into the story. Anyway, that's not even important.
FOLYKAZE:

What brought you to the cnclusion that Jesus wasnt a gay?

Dude what is the lie you found me spreading? Why do you choose to accuse me on the ground you havent even being cleared on. . . .what do you have dirty mind?

I am an ex-christian. Once a christian, always keeping the knowledge of it intact. If I say the truth about your religion, you can hate to hear it. . .so be it as the lagoon is there for you to jump in.

I have many christian friends. . .I respect their believe because they respect my view and opinion. If I say Jesus was a gay, they ask for reasons and conditions that made me conclude on that so that they can get the angle i am viewing things from. Unlike you hypocritical coward crying foul and acclaiming foolish innocence after insulting my opinion. Do you deserve a respect? Nope. . .I will rather give it to may dog.

"People fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer." - Nas

Grow up kid
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by UrbanMystique: 7:20pm On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: Okay I tried to be as calm as possible but you're pushing me. Learn to respect other people's beliefs no matter how ridiculous it seems to you. Keep your vile thoughts to yourself ' and do not come on this forum to spew rubbish just because you're faceless. Only trolls do that. The role of women were not emphasized much in the Bible but I tell you they played a great role in the church. Religion is not necessarily culture. I'm a Christian not because my parents are Christian and I was brought up that way, but because of my personal walk with Christ. I'm not a catholic, their beliefs don't concern me, and peodophilia has nothing to do with priesthood. So if you're not an atheist, wat are you? Again, your arguments are watery, based on stories you prolly heard while in Sunday school
@the bold part..
Question is, can same be said about your fellow deluded lot?
Can your fellow Christ lover respect other people's disbelief? Can u people stop preaching in the car even when no one cares? Can u stop plastering my fence with crappy posters of your church?
Can you stop rubbing your delusions all over my face?
If you can't respect my disbelief why do you want me to respect your own belief? It's hypocritical you know?

1 Like

Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:28pm On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: Sorry if I seemed accusatory. But when I hear such stories, they make me cringe. However, don't get the notion that I do not understand Christianity but you don't seem to understand. I mean, you don't just jump into conclusions without going deep into the story. Anyway, that's not even important.

Can you make me know how I do not understand christianity?

Let the fact blow up your Cringement. . . .Jesus was a gay.

Fact
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2014
UrbanMystique: @the bold part..
Can your fellow Christ lover respect other people's disbelief? Can u people stop preaching in the car even when no one cares? Can u stop plastering my fence with crappy posters of your church?
If you can't respect my disbelief why do you want me to respect your own belief? It's hypocritical you know?

The simple word for the deluded sheeple is CHRISTINSANITY
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by mstik(f): 7:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
Okay, if believing that makes you happy,carry on. But I think I'd rather focus on Jesus and his love than to go around the Bible, digging up 'proof' that Jesus was gay. If you truly understand Christianity, you'll know it's basically centered on love, and being Christ- like and not scouting the scriptures for signs of homosexuality and other unnecessary shi most non Christians do, as if they are trying to justify their unbelief. Peace man.
FOLYKAZE:

Can you make me know how I do not understand christianity?

Let the fact blow up your Cringement. . . .Jesus was a gay.

Fact
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by mstik(f): 7:40pm On Jun 29, 2014
Since when did atheism become a religion to be respected?
UrbanMystique: @the bold part..
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by UrbanMystique: 7:44pm On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: Since when did atheism become a religion to be respected?
do you have problem with reading or you want me to highlight my post for you one after the other?
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by mstik(f): 7:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
We think we are doing good by doing all these annoying stuff you mentioned. Anyway, when I mean disrespect, I mean making hateful, condescending and generally nasty remarks about other peoples beliefs. Now, I'll never come and tell you that you're a damned fool for being an atheist, even though I may think you're one. A Christian will never force you to accept their faith, they jst minister to you and go. I don't think that's disrespectful
UrbanMystique: do you have problem with reading or you want me to highlight my post for you one after the other?
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by GooseBaba: 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: Okay I tried to be as calm as possible but you're pushing me. Learn to respect other people's beliefs no matter how ridiculous it seems to you. Keep your vile thoughts to yourself and do not come on this forum to spew rubbish just because you're faceless. Only trolls do that. The role of women were not emphasized much in the Bible but I tell you they played a great role in the church. Religion is not necessarily culture. I'm a Christian not because my parents are Christian and I was brought up that way, but because of my personal walk with Christ. I'm not a catholic, their beliefs don't concern me, and peodophilia has nothing to do with priesthood. So if you're not an atheist, wat are you? Again, your arguments are watery, based on stories you prolly heard while in Sunday school

And if it were a "facemore" forum what would you do..? One that claims to have had a "personal walk" with a dead man as is lord and savior talks about watery arguments.. Lol...face it your savior was a homo...

If you must know I'm a Deist guided by the philosophies of his ancestors.
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by mstik(f): 8:01pm On Jun 29, 2014
K. If that makes you happy grin Wateva man angry
GooseBaba:

And if it were a "facemore" forum what would you do..? One that claims to have had a "personal walk" with a dead man as is lord and savior talks about watery arguments.. Lol...face it your savior was a homo...

If you must know I'm a Deist guided by the philosophies of his ancestors.
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by UrbanMystique: 8:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: We think we are doing good by doing all these annoying stuff you mentioned. Anyway, when I mean disrespect, I mean making hateful, condescending and generally nasty remarks about other peoples beliefs. Now, I'll never come and tell you that you're a damned fool for being an atheist, even though I may think you're one. A Christian will never force you to accept their faith, they jst minister to you and go. I don't think that's disrespectful
you mean demonizing someone on the street simply because you tell them that their microphone is too loud and it is disturbing your peace aint hate? or telling someone to stop preaching in the bus but still continues and start directing preaching to you so people can start looking at you like some sort of devil aint hate right?
calling someone a fool because they dont buy your trash is not hate? o yeah, tell me about discrimination and bombing? o yeah, christians dont bomb anymore, they just tell you that you are going to hell grin
am i missing something?

1 Like

Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: Okay, if believing that makes you happy,carry on. But I think I'd rather focus on Jesus and his love than to go around the Bible, digging up 'proof' that Jesus was gay. If you truly understand Christianity, you'll know it's basically centered on love, and being Christ- like and not scouting the scriptures for signs of homosexuality and other unnecessary shi most non Christians do, as if they are trying to justify their unbelief. Peace man.

They said truth is scary; but I think it is not quite different from alomo bitter. . .it is bitter.

The wicked ones run when nobody chase them. . . .why are you running from fact? Anyway enjoy your delusion.

Christianity is not centered un love but in Hatred, Variance, Division and war. Stop peddling lies buddy.

Bible said you should prove all things; at the same time argue/debate. . . And answer simple simplw questions directed at your faith. Learn from paul and prove fales teaching wrong.

Jesus was a gay, if you dont like to hear the truth,

1 Like

Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by mstik(f): 8:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
K grin
FOLYKAZE:

They said truth is scary; but I think it is not quite different from alomo bitter. . .it is bitter.

The wicked ones run when nobody chase them. . . .why are you running from fact? Anyway enjoy your delusion.

Christianity is not centered un love but in Hatred, Variance, Division and war. Stop peddling lies buddy.

Bible said you should prove all things; at the same time argue/debate. . . And answer simple simplw questions directed at your faith. Learn from paul and prove fales teaching wrong.

Jesus was a gay, if you dont like to hear the truth,
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:18pm On Jun 29, 2014
mstik: K grin

Jesus is a gay. .

Leave it or you better live with it - Kanye
Re: "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John by mstik(f): 8:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
aiit grin
FOLYKAZE:

Jesus is a gay. .

Leave it or you better live with it - Kanye

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny But Silly Reasons People Give Why They Failed To Go To Church / God: The Abusive Father / Did Jesus Ever suffer from any disease?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.