Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com (1698 Views)

Help Us Review Our New E-commerce Webiste / Please Help Us Review Our Own Borthersoft.com Download Site www.greenlandng.com / You Can See What We Didnt See : Help Review Our Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com by Wetinbe: 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2006
Hi,

Please review our website, designed to advertise Nigerian Companies and Organisations on the internet and we want to become Nigeria's largest search directory for company websites, email addresses, phone numbers and postal addresses.

We would like to know if you feel there are other facitlities we should add. And of course, if you have a Nigerian Company, then feel free to add your company details at the same time smiley

Please post your reviews on the forum. Thanks! http://www.wetinbe.com
Re: Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com by my2cents(m): 3:00am On Jul 17, 2006
I am in kind of a hurry but would say:

1) On some pages, the right hand advert section is sticking out beyond the header. Click on the country sections

2) Some pages have way too much content, resulting in excessive scroll. Perhaps consider splitting such pages into multiple pages. At the very least, insert "back to top" after a certain number of lines.
Re: Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com by diyobdw(f): 7:47am On Jul 18, 2006
Yeah nice work

me but goes like this:
I think the name could be better:it's not clearly describe what you do even to me that speaks pigin

to be precise http://www.wetinbe.net/, pages are too long

i listed using a 3 letter word as my username but when i was to sign in, i got this msg that you must enter 6 digit or more.which was not on the listing pg

i have bookmarked it to check for later!
Re: Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com by smartsoft(m): 10:03pm On Jul 20, 2006
diyow Are you a website designer
Re: Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com by smartsoft(m): 10:07pm On Jul 20, 2006
i want to advertise.!
Re: Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com by diyobdw(f): 8:51am On Jul 21, 2006
smartsoft:

diyow Are you a website designer
i do design website
why you ask?
Re: Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2006
Hello,
I do not know why the preference for yellow & green (it gives me a limy feeling when i look at it.) but if it is part of your branding, then its okay.

1: The homepage needs to be re-thought again, it is not strong in terms of communicating what your business is about. I think http://www.wetinbe.com/index_nigeria.php should be the homepage excluding the center portion that has the add listing tool (I also think this is illogical to display immediately since you require users to create an account and login to update their listing as it changes)

2: Some of your strong business values like Sales Opportunities and Advertise with us are at the bottom of the page as text likns (text links is oka) but you can emphasize that these values are available by adding a visual cue like the "create Free website" banner on the hom epage

3: I also think you should place the search function on the home page because that is what people are there for first before any other thing, sebi?

4: The line FREE Business Directory Listings in Gambia, Ghana, , is good but overall i think you should collapse the text inforation on your homepage (the main purpose of your website business) into a strong, marketese (with restraint)+informative 1 paragraph message, the purpose of your business is all over the pages in short and incomplete messages. I think you should collapse them and make them the first block of text on the middle portion of the homepage.

I think the left and right blocks are good for banner adverts and site navigation, (Site Navigation on the right and banners on the left, The middle fo important content)

5: The bottom section is traditionally for links like terms, privacy policy, contact us etc, the devil in the details most people do not bother to go there. anyway so move your important links away from the bottom section,

6: I think you should slow down for a week and get a pen and paper to write down your thoughts and ideas for the website, I am not saying that you did not do that. I am just pointing out that the issues i found out are the type you should have taken into consideration early into the project, from what i see you have already done a lot of work (that makes it pretty dificult to re-work (like trying to change a gift that has been wrapped wthout tearing the wrapper)

I have attached a screen capture of your site, (forgive me for editing it, just trying to illustrate what i mean)

Get webbing

Re: Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com by Pastev1(m): 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2006
yes! it's a great manipulation, but is not proper designed
Re: Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2006
@ Pastev 1 yes! it's a great manipulation, but is not proper designed

shocked oh my!!, you are not suggesting I design a proper website for Wetinbe are you?,
I am only pointing out areas were things could be bettered, i'll say, there's little i can do beyond that, unless you are paying me so cool monies. i do not think i want to engage a free webdesign package for a project this big?

not even in my semi-drunk state grin will i do proper design for free. say, undecided . you do seem to be bustling with energy, okay out with it, where is your stash of Roger Ramjet Proton Energy pills (that give you the strength of 20 Atom bombs for a period of 20 seconds -- gulp! tick tick tick tick, )

cool down @ Pastev 1, i knwo the design is not 100% proper design, but how would Wetinbe take it if you came out so bluntly without massaging the fine points first? wink
Re: Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2006
undecided@ Pastev_1, like Morpheus from the movie "MATRIX", show me

what aspects of proper design is wetinbe missing and what can you do about making it properly designed?
Re: Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com by timmy(m): 2:13pm On Jul 22, 2006
not impressive, to my personal standars, do somting far much better, that design wont make the site grow beyond the demo stage it is , (just my personal verdict, no hard fellings)
Re: Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com by Wetinbe: 7:26am On Jul 24, 2006
Thanks Guys for all your input. Your comments are really appreciated and we would not put the site up for review, if we did not want honest feedback, which we know we are getting.
We are taking on board your points of view and will collate all these in two weeks time and amend issues that have been brought up.
We are webdesigners, the site works and so all we need is useful user feedback we are getting to fine tune as necessary.
Thanks to one and all and keep sending the reviews- Hey lagerwhenindoubt thanks so much for the page redesign- It rocks!!!- We LOVE the 'Oya'!! You have planted an idea here!!
Re: Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com by smartsoft(m): 12:36pm On Jul 24, 2006
timmy:

not impressive, to my personal standars, do somting far much better, that design wont make the site grow beyond the demo stage it is , (just my personal verdict, no hard fellings)

timmy no hard feelings at all, but i will lyke to point out somthing here the way u view your kind of point really sucks for me sometimes,  don't you know the way you talk some times could get someone hurt huh ?

thanks largerman that is a good homepage you got there, and timmy no think anything ooo u no say we be friends, but just got to express ma self 2 ya, sometimes i ask ya how you feel about somethings but this same way you responded above, thats how you do respond to me sometimes, even though aren't web stuff some times
Re: Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com by Afam(m): 3:19pm On Jul 24, 2006
Maybe Timmy has his/her reasons for making such remarks and it will be nice if he/she showed us designs that appeals to his/her standards.

Google won't appeal to many people as regards design but the website is doing great and that is what matters.
Re: Please Review Our Website At Wetinbe.com by timmy(m): 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2006
@smartsoft, shey na me you dy follow yarn, gooosh you are in deep sh!t, if i get my hands on you, you better not come to my end ohhh grin, by the way how's you chick and how come you havent called me in a while, i got a party soon wanna come ? wink

(1) (Reply)

Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! / The New 9ja Facebook. / Interactive Banner Designers Are Going Crazy--catch The Cockcroach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.