Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread (3165 Views)

The Return of Madly In Love With A Non-human(SECOND CHANCE)SEASON 2 / My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours- SEASON 2 / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by LarrySun(m): 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
Dygeasy: That normally is the procedure.

I'm only irked by no one showing interest yet.
They are interested, I'm sure. But I think many writers are still trying to recover from the data loss. I have recovered (I lost only my short story, I still have its original document with me though grin )

Nice diary you have there.
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Dygeasy(m): 11:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
Larry-Sun:

They are interested, I'm sure. But I think many writers are still trying to recover from the data loss. I have recovered (I lost only my short story, I still have its original document with me though grin )

Nice diary you have there.
hmm...

Well, you do have a point. I'll stick with this for a while though.

And thanks cool.
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Therock5555(m): 7:51am On Jul 08, 2014
Bros o, make we do kick start dis project na, now wey I dey free o
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Dygeasy(m): 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
Therock5555: Bros o, make we do kick start dis project na, now wey I dey free o
if una no show interest we no go fit start o..
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by princesa(f): 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
Season one still brings fond memories. *nostalgic*

do you want to know what i feel the problem is?

For one, we have new crop of writers who weren't around in the first season and so might be alien to this concept.

With that in mind you have to explicitly state what the initiative is about.

Then find a means to get other writer to see this. As for me, I just might try my hand out on this in the later part of the write up
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Dygeasy(m): 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
princesa: Season one still brings fond memories. *nostalgic*

do you want to know what i feel the problem is?

For one, we have new crop of writers who weren't around in the first season and so might be alien to this concept.

With that in mind you have to explicitly state what the initiative is about.

Then find a means to get other writer to see this. As for me, I just might try my hand out on this in the later part of the write up
You're not wrong.

But asking questions would have eliminated all the tardiness.

I'm just going to post the way it was done and will be done again in my next post.

And yeah season one was fun enough.

It would be a honour to work with you. smiley

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Therock5555(m): 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
Dygeasy: if una no show interest we no go fit start o..

we are present
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by tmx21(m): 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
Dygeasy: You're not wrong.

But asking questions would have eliminated all the tardiness.

I'm just going to post the way it was done and will be done again in my next post.

And yeah season one was fun enough.

It would be a honour to work with you. smiley
am also interested. Just tell us how to go about it.
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Dygeasy(m): 9:01am On Jul 11, 2014
Therock5555: we are present
tmx21: am also interested. Just tell us how to go about it.
Reply your PMs.
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by tmx21(m): 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
Dygeasy: Reply your PMs.
i have done that
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by OMA4U(m): 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
I'm interested. Am I welcome?
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Therock5555(m): 11:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dygeasy: Reply your PMs.
replied
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by EfemenaXY: 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
Dygeasy: Hellooo, all lovers of literature and Nairaland Literature Section. We've done this before, let's do it again. Making a story out of this forum. View the first edition here; www.nairaland.com/1358287/#16794840

This is how this is going to work, it would be a collaborative writing. Interested writers only have to show interest on this thread and everyone can drop one or two suggestions as to how we can improve on this innovation.

special shoutout to everyone that worked with me last year;

Dygeasy
HumbledbyGrace
Ishilove
Xynerise
Mazi Omenuko
Eze Promoe
MrBrownJay
Flow1759

They were great people to work with.

Indicate interest here and let's do this.

You must have or have had a thread on this board to be able to participate in this.

Thank you!!!

Sounds interesting but what's the underlying concept / theme of the participating writers' write-ups? Does it have to be based on writing about nlanders?

If not, count me in, otherwise I'll be a happy spectator.
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Dygeasy(m): 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
Efemenaxy1:

Sounds interesting but what's the underlying concept / theme of the participating writers' write-ups? Does it have to be based on writing about nlanders?

If not, count me in, otherwise I'll be a happy spectator.
Nairalanders' usernames and the e-personality attached to the handles are going to be used in the character development. The setting NAIRALAND will be chosen based on the discretion and mutual agreement of the writers.

Based on this you'd be a happy spectator. Do you not know enough about Nairalanders grin
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Dygeasy(m): 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2014
OMA4U: I'm interested. Am I welcome?
Yes you are.

If you've written before or are writing on this board. smiley
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by EfemenaXY: 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
Dygeasy: Nairalanders' usernames and the e-personality attached to the handles are going to be used in the character development. The setting NAIRALAND will be chosen based on the discretion and mutual agreement of the writers.

Based on this you'd be a happy spectator. Do you not know enough about Nairalanders. grin

No, I don't like writing about real people, fiction or otherwise, so I guess I'll be a happy spectator. If you do come up with something more challenging, then do hollar. I'm thinking more in line of Larry's collaboration thread with the detective theme which was way out of my comfort zone but an interesting challenge.

Why not do something similar too? (could be a different theme). That will be one sure way to bring out your participating writers' creativity as not only will they have to produce something off the back of the previous writer, they'll also have to ensure the story is streamlined and just as interesting, if not more...

Just a suggestion though.
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by OMA4U(m): 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
Dygeasy: Nairalanders' usernames and the e-personality attached to the handles are going to be used in the character development. The setting NAIRALAND will be chosen based on the discretion and mutual agreement of the writers.

Based on this you'd be a happy spectator. Do you not know enough about Nairalanders grin
Oh! If going by this, I don't know enough Nairalanders neither their e-personality. I guess I'm out too.

I will also prefer fiction characters. Larry, how about that collaboration? I've forgotten the guy who initiated it.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Dygeasy(m): 1:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hmm
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
Dygeasy: Hmm
when are we kickstarting this thing?
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Dygeasy(m): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
HumbledbYGrace: when are we kickstarting this thing?

Whoooo! HBG!! I missed you. smiley

Now that you're here. Well, let's do it. wink

TheRock5555, Tmx21.... Report for duty!
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
So....
I no fit join again...
Speectator thnz begin
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Dygeasy(m): 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
Divepen: So....
I no fit join again...
Speectator thnz begin
You're free to join biko...
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
Dygeasy: You're free to join biko...
then I'm in
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by tmx21(m): 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
Dygeasy: Whoooo! HBG!! I missed you. smiley

Now that you're here. Well, let's do it. wink

TheRock5555, Tmx21.... Report for duty!
present sir
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by chibwike(m): 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
i just cant help but admire u guyz here..cheerfully following
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Dygeasy(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
PARTICIPATING WRITERS

1. THEROCK5555
2. TMX21
3. HUMBLEDBYGRACE
4. DIVEPEN
5. DYGEASY

More writers are needed.
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
I'm in
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by MachineX(m): 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
Make Sense... (spectating tinz o...)
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Dygeasy(m): 9:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
Divepen: I'm in
smiley
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
Divepen: I'm in

I admire your enthusiasm, sire.
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]

Can someone tell this dude to make do with the handful of writers that are present, or you need a truck load of writers before you commence?
Re: NAIRALAND - A STORY (season 2) ; Discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:03am On Aug 15, 2014
NinoBrown888:

I admire your enthusiasm, sire.
Thanz baba...
I think he will need as many hands as possible because Nairaland is really a large land

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Making Of An Heart Breaker!! (jay's Chronicles) / Website For Downloading Novels In Pdf Format / Ibo Falls Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.