Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820348 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
Hello Oluwanifemifola -

No, we do not require 2 parent consent for visa issuance. We generally do require children to appear with at least 1 parent at their interviews.

LagosNIV

Oluwanifemifola:
Does a mum need a letter of no objection from her husband when applying for visa for the kids. The mum has a visa and will be traveling with the kids. Their father will not be traveling with them due to his busy schedule. Does she need a letter of no objection from her husband?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Torontoparrot(m): 4:57pm On Dec 17, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello righturn -

You will be contacted when we have completed the administrative processing. Typically you will receive a SMS and an email to the contact number and email address you provided through CGI when filling out your application. Any estimates the officer made about how long the administrative processing would take were just estimates. Rest assured that we get through the work we need to do on cases in administrative processing as quickly as we can.

You may schedule a new appointment if you would like, as a back up, but if the administrative processing on your first case has not been completed and a final decision has not been made on your first application, then no further applications can reach a final decision until the administrative processing is completed either.

LagosNIV

Dear VO, kindly advise, my brother have a new passport now as the old got lost, he has been to ghana and dubai with the old passport, the new passport is been used now to reapply for a b1/b2, how do he go about proving travel history to the consular, as the only evidence is lost with the old passport,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jesuloluwa2010: 10:00am On Dec 18, 2017
@LagosNIV: It is far better to apply with a "virgin" passport than with a passport containing fake visas or fake travel stamps. The former may result, at worst, in a 214(b) refusal.
Pls,do you mean my virgin passport may not qualify me for visa? what reason sir

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shola10q: 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
[quote author=abujaniv post=63281166]

Hi @AbujaNiv,

I was at your Abuja office on Thursday being 7th October 2017, reason being they had technical issue.
The consular promised to contact me a week from that time. He gave me 221g and returned my passport. What do i do?,its past one week..

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2017
Please don't misunderstand me. I am not saying that all applicants who have never traveled are refused. Travel history is one of many factors we consider in evaluating an applicant's ties to Nigeria. Some people with extensive travel are not issued visas. Some people with no travel at all are issued visas. The point I was trying to make in my post was that it is far better to tell the truth about not having traveled than to come up with fake travel documents. The worst that can happen if you tell us the truth is your applicant not be approved a single time (and you may well be issued, as I said, travel is just 1 factor). However, if you are found to have lied about prior travel (or anything else), you may be refused that application and be subject to a lifetime ban.

LagosNIV

jesuloluwa2010:
@LagosNIV: It is far better to apply with a "virgin" passport than with a passport containing fake visas or fake travel stamps. The former may result, at worst, in a 214(b) refusal.
Pls,do you mean my virgin passport may not qualify me for visa? what reason sir

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by yuspy: 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
Hello LagosNIV and AbujaNIV

In 2013 i applied for a visiting visit visa with my husband. we were granted. i was asked if i was pregnant i said yes, i was also asked if i intend to seek medical services i said no, not fully processing that giving birth is also a medical service. i had full intention of disclosing that i was going to give birth if specifically asked but i wasn't asked.
since giving birth i have traveled with my husband and child 3 times on that 2 years visa without issues at the POE
we applied for a drop box renewal and was eventually invited after submission to the embassy, unfortunately we didn't know it was a big deal as we didn't go along with our receipt of payment and letter from hospital showing zero balance and all bills cleared. we were refused visa
we tried to apply again this time we got all discharge letters and receipt , but the interviewer was barely interested in the documents we tried to present.
1. is there another means to have it on record that all bills have been paid and cleared as i suspect the first interviewer didn't believe our claim that we had cleared all our bills?
2. what is the chance for a successful renewal?

Please advice
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Pbskids: 3:36am On Dec 19, 2017
Dear Lagos niv/Abuja
I believe there should be a way that if a Nigerian leaves the country and doesn't return back to country through visit ,the other family should be able to suffer for that ,in the sense that if the other remaining family what to apply there should be a way to sort out either the father name or mother name... because they are many people dat dont wish to overstay ...but Nigerian are now violating the visa rules...thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deleazeezmay9(m): 1:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
Pls, After submitting my ds-160. Must my appointment date be 2 months from that date I submitted my ds-160.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tahtianah: 10:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
Good Evening,

At my interview I was told that some of my documents need to be verified. Is it possible to send more supporting documents to make the verifications easier?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by NanaF: 1:02am On Dec 20, 2017
My brother is applying for a student visa. His flight schedule has been changed so he won't be able to drop the documents till after the 26th. He qualifies for Dropbox.

For students, is there a process for expediting Dropbox submissions or is expedition only available for in person interviews?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 20, 2017
Hello Tahtianah -

No, we will do the verification through our own resources. If further documents are required of you, you will be contacted.

LagosNIV

Tahtianah:
Good Evening,

At my interview I was told that some of my documents need to be verified. Is it possible to send more supporting documents to make the verifications easier?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 20, 2017
Hello NanaF -

Dropbox is already an expedited procedure. We generally get through all of the dropbox cases submitted each day, but we do not have an option to further expedite the process. Applicants are always encouraged to submit their applications, whether for an in-person interview or via dropbox, well in advance of their planned travel.

LagosNIV

NanaF:
My brother is applying for a student visa. His flight schedule has been changed so he won't be able to drop the documents till after the 26th. He qualifies for Dropbox.

For students, is there a process for expediting Dropbox submissions or is expedition only available for in person interviews?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 20, 2017
Hello deleazeezmay9 -

Availability of appointments is largely based on demand. We are working on reducing the wait time. Occasionally as we have resources available we open additional appointments, you are free to check the availability at multiple times and you may find an earlier appointment. In urgent circumstances you can also request an emergency appointment, further information about this is available at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng.

LagosNIV

deleazeezmay9:
Pls, After submitting my ds-160. Must my appointment date be 2 months from that date I submitted my ds-160.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by IsaacBuchi(m): 7:54am On Dec 20, 2017
For a want of a better thread to ask this, please @justwise @DisGuy can you kindly help me with this? A friend of mine wants to travel out. This is his first time. He found one consultant like that looks truthful. He was asked to pay 64K to apply for the visa, once he passes the interview and gets the visa then he can pay up the remaining sum of 500k. Does this sound genuine? Do you have any advice and or any consultant you can reffer him to? If there is any link to a thread that would be helpful too I'll greatly appreciate it.

Please, he would like to start the applying today, so a snappy reply would be gracious appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 20, 2017
Hello yuspy -

We do not give advice about how applicants should present their cases to us. You are free to present whatever information you believe will support any claims you make at interview. We do not comment on chances for issuance in this forum.

LagosNIV

yuspy:
Hello LagosNIV and AbujaNIV

1. is there another means to have it on record that all bills have been paid and cleared as i suspect the first interviewer didn't believe our claim that we had cleared all our bills?
2. what is the chance for a successful renewal?

Please advice
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by NanaF: 8:46am On Dec 20, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello NanaF -

Dropbox is already an expedited procedure. We generally get through all of the dropbox cases submitted each day, but we do not have an option to further expedite the process. Applicants are always encouraged to submit their applications, whether for an in-person interview or via dropbox, well in advance of their planned travel.

LagosNIV

Thank you LagosNIV for your prompt response.

We are aware of the need to plan the trip in advance as initial ticket was almost three weeks in advance of the travel date but we realized an issue with the ticket at the airport yesterday while boarding, hence the delay.

He is a student renewing his F1 visa. The next date for drop box after his arrival, is on the 27th of December. While his departure is on the 10th of January.

Is it realistic to expect the passport to be returned within these dates or do you advise that we pay another fee to schedule an expedited in person interview due to the current situation?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DisGuy: 9:30am On Dec 20, 2017
IsaacBuchi:
For a want of a better thread to ask this, please @justwise @DisGuy can you kindly help me with this? A friend of mine wants to travel out. This is his first time. He found one consultant like that looks truthful. He was asked to pay 64K to apply for the visa, once he passes the interview and gets the visa then he can pay up the remaining sum of 500k. Does this sound genuine? Do you have any advice and or any consultant you can reffer him to? If there is any link to a thread that would be helpful too I'll greatly appreciate it.

Please, he would like to start the applying today, so a snappy reply would be gracious appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Your friend wants to travel out for? Studies, vacation, family? Tell him to get the form and fill it himself, if he's having problems filling it in- he can ask for help

Follow any of the threads on Nairaland and other resources to get an insight into interview process.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Torontoparrot(m): 11:31am On Dec 20, 2017
Dear VO, I asked thid question earlier while quoting your response to someone's question, my brother lost his passport which is yet to expire, he has travelled to dubai and ghana with it before it was lost, he has made this known on his travel history in previous ds 160 form, kindly advice how do he show proves now as he has a new passport if he answers YES to the HAVE YOU TRAVEL BEFORE question. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by IsaacBuchi(m): 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2017
DisGuy:

Your friend wants to travel out for? Studies, vacation, family? Tell him to get the form and fill it himself, if he's having problems filling it in- he can ask for help

Follow any of the threads on Nairaland and other resources to get an insight into interview process.

Your kind reply has been grandly appreciated. I've told him to go ahead and pick the form. He's says he is travelling for work.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2017
@ Lagos Niv @ Abuja Niv,Please I applied for non immigrants visa in 2014 which my Form DS160 was filled by an agent . The agent misinterpreted the work I do because he filled mechanic as my position but when the vo asked me the job I do I told him something else. I was denied then. Now in 2017 I filled the form myself and went for the interview. The vo asked for my previous work experience and I told her and she said its a mechanic she can see on her system.I tried to explain to her that I am not a mechanic. She went to seek advice from someone inside her cubicle. But later denied me again. Please how do I convince the vo next time am going for a conference next year 2018.Waiting to hear from you. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Phoenixkreuger: 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hi Abuja NIV,

I had my visa interview on the 4th of December which was approved and after so many days I was asked to come back to the embassy in abuja to recapture my finger prints. I reappeared at the embassy and the consular officer explained to me the reason behind my visa delay which was pivoted on system error and further proposed that my documents will be ready soon.

5 days now (3 business days) and I haven't received any notification for document pick up and when I track my passport on the cgi federal site it just says on my dashboard "passport still with embassy". However, I noticed yesterday the status changed to "document delivery information" .
Also when I track it via email it says "there is no status update available for passport number submitted".this also wasn't the case some few days ago when it always returns "document still at post".

Please I'm confused and worried at the same time as to the ambiguity in these information as any further delays will greatly infringe on my school travel plans.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by izaga3(m): 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hi,
When I filled out my DS-160 form, I choose Abuja as my interview venue, but on booking the appointment, I got better dates at Lagos. The problem now is that My confirmation page shows Abuja but I have booked my interview online at Lagos. I don't want to be turned back on my interview date. Please is this OK? what do I do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by wealth4us: 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hi LagosNiv,
Please, my wife has visa interview appointment for january 2018 in lagos. She has a PhD and she works as an academic advisor with one of the university distance learning centre. she has no travel experience before.

1. Please i will like to know which other documents apart from reverence letter from the university and her bank account statement she will need to bring along?

2. she's on a salary of N150k for now and she filled that she will be sponsoring herself though she have about N2m in account as she does a lot of other things by the side ( training, recruitments, etc for schools ).
(a) i will like to ask if she can join our company's account statement that has more funds ( she is a director and a signatory too) with her personal account statement?
(b) Does she have to come with data page of the company's CAC document showing her as a director?
(c) Do i have to write a letter of consent for her ?

3. The purpose of travelling is to spend easter (2 weeks) with her family while i and the kids (2 kids) will be going for the christmas holiday later in the year after their national exams (waec, neco, gce) as we want them to concentrate and pass their terminal exams once. she will stay back at christmas as she too will be having some professional exams to write too during the christmas period next year. How best does she explain this to the VO as i learnt that the question and answer time with VO is always very short. Is there any where on the form DS160 to explain this reason while we are not travelling as a family for easter?

4. Are there documents required of her to scanned and send to the consulate before the interview date?

5. Can the form ds160 be edited for correction as the current passport photograph she uploaded is not on white background?

Sorry for my many "novice" questions? Expecting your reply. Cheers.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Farrang: 11:54pm On Dec 20, 2017
Farrang:

Hello abujaniv,
Thank you for the clarification. I did report the loss by email to the Abuja embassy at consularAbuja@state.gov. However, I did not get an acknowledgem

ent. Can I assume the report was taken? Moreover, I noticed the "provide feedback" menu on the CGI site. Shouldn't that be used to request an update to the passport information as applicable is this case?

LagosNIV's comment on this is also welcome.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Slimprincess01: 8:22am On Dec 22, 2017
Good morning vo

I apply for b1/b2 visa to visit my cousin and to attend a exhibition . My interview was on 20th of Dec. I was asked few questions . 1 why are u going to us ans tourist to attend exhibition and to visit my relative
2 Where are you going in us ans Texas and California
3 have you travelled before ans no I haven't
4 who will sponsor your trip ans myself
5 do you have a kid and no. Pls tell me my mistake also I will like to ask if I can reappl immediately. As the owner of a business going for a business/tourists can my cousin sponsor my trip not all but I will definitely support him. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Slimprincess01: 8:24am On Dec 22, 2017
Slimprincess01:
Good morning vo

I apply for b1/b2 visa to visit my cousin and to attend a exhibition . My interview was on 20th of Dec. I was asked few questions . 1 why are u going to us ans tourist to attend exhibition and to visit my relative
2 Where are you going in us ans Texas and California
3 have you travelled before ans no I haven't
4 who will sponsor your trip ans myself
5 do you have a kid and no. Pls tell me my mistake also I will like to ask if I can reappl immediately. As the owner of a business going for a business/tourists can i fill the new foam stating my cousin will sponsor my trip not all but I will definitely support him. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by NanaF: 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2017
Hello LagosNIV,

I need to reprint the drop box confirmation letter and can’t find any option to do so on the profile.

Is it true that I’ll need to pay another fee in order to reprint the letter?

Please help
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Aimijo: 2:19am On Dec 26, 2017
I have applied for a US visa form the United Kingdom while I was a student twice and I was denied and the reason was no strong ties, as a student I thought my school in the United Kingdom was enough ties to return back to the Uk. I do have ties to my country but I didn’t feel the need to travel with my documents since I was only schooling in the Uk and returning back home. I am applying again next year, this time with my documents. Will my previous application hinder my present application?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bleek1(m): 3:39am On Dec 27, 2017
Good morning Vo, please I want to ask. What document do I need to put together for a tourist visa. Please I need your help as soon as possible Sir.

Thank me you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cocolacec(m): 6:44am On Dec 27, 2017
iDear AbujaNiv and LagosNiv,
A friend intend travelling to the USA in March 2018 but doesnt have any contact person there so he intend staying at a hotel for the intended vacation and using the hotel address on his visa application.
Please what do you advise?
He had been to Denmark,Sweden,Norway, Greece,Germany, Togo,Ghana,Egypt,Morocco, UAE,Saudi Arabia,Italy and Turkey in the pas
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 27, 2017
Hello cocolacec -

A hotel as the point of contact is just fine.

LagosNIV

cocolacec:
iDear AbujaNiv and LagosNiv,
A friend intend travelling to the USA in March 2018 but doesnt have any contact person there so he intend staying at a hotel for the intended vacation and using the hotel address on his visa application.
Please what do you advise?
He had been to Denmark,Sweden,Norway, Greece,Germany, Togo,Ghana,Egypt,Morocco, UAE,Saudi Arabia,Italy and Turkey in the pas
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2017
Hello bleek1

The required documents are:

International passport
2 passport photos
DS160 confirmation page
MRV Fee Receipt

Documents which are not required but are sometimes requested:
copies of the US Visa or bio-data page of the international passport of family members who have already been issued visas and who will be traveling with you
copies of the US Green Card or US Passport of family in the US who you are going to visit

Most other documents will not be requested nor looked at if offered. As a general rule if there is a document we want to see in order to make a fair decision on your case we can put the case on hold in 221g status and request that you submit the document before we make a final decision.

LagosNIV

bleek1:
Good morning Vo, please I want to ask. What document do I need to put together for a tourist visa. Please I need your help as soon as possible Sir.

Thank me you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.