Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. (1160 Views)

Muslim Man Seen Praying In The Rain In Benin (Photo) / Church Members Save Muslim Man Business / The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by balash(m): 8:50am On Jun 30, 2014
Salamun Lai Alaykuum,Been Going Through Lot Of Stress To Convince People Quran Does Not Say It The Way Most People Especially Nigerian's Portray's It And Allow Non Muslim Oppurtunity To Attack Rosul (S.A.W) And Allah's Voice 'Al-Quran'
Most Things In the World Now Are Modern And The Mistake People Do Is They Embrace The Easy Pact Of Teachings And Moral's But Distance Themselves From The Hard one's
Example: The Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) embarked on 'hijra-walk' To Saudi Arabia For Hajj Unlike Now When we Take Fly emirate's plane directly into saudi,Why dnt we perform hijra the walk from any country we are to saudi arabia for hajj (the pilgrimage) we embraced flying because this are better option's because its easier but we distance ourself from the prophet's teaching which we couldn't fathom an option to it but instead we changed the cause entirely which is clearly unfair. The Condition's in which muslm's are permitted to marry more than 1 wife are as follow's
1. In The Old Time's Relationship are classified as a sacred union which u like someone u go to the parent profess your love and u are asked to talk to the lady if she liked u as well then immedietely u pay her dowry and nikkah (wedding) is done and she moved into your home which mean's u would only be allowed to have sexual intercourse with her only on wedding night and she surely would be a virgin unlike now when u would have destroyed all her joints before wedding night! So in such way's when u only have the oppurtunity to see her unclothedness on wedding night and u realised she doesn't have any form of womanliness underneath her in modern world we classify it as hermaphrodite it has been in existence for long,and then there was nothing like surgery to correct it then so if u realised only on ur wedding night that she was such lady,you are permitted to marry another wife without divorcing the lady u already got married to and your taking another wife as a 2nd because of her problem she has to know about your decision before u embark on it and she has to accept also and when u do u musnt treat either one with any sort of advantage's or thereabout if u can't be just amongst the two of them Allah says don't bother taking a 2nd wife.
2. When u get married and every kids who comes out from both of u dies in young age before even attaining puberty and it goes on for so long it simply mean's your gene's are not compatible which modern world researched and realised the husband is an A.S and The Wife Is an A.S too which simply implies the kids coming out from them would always be S.S and would die in young age then u both are permitted to advise the husband to take a new wife for the sake of the unborn sickle cells and the normal rule's follow's the wife must know about it before u embark and she must accept and u must be just between the both of them or u don't take another wife..
3.The Barren Ladies... This has been on for long and when u get married and for year's u realised she couldn't conceive then u can take another wife and the normal rule of he ladies acceptance and been just amongst them stands
4.The Old Age... This Only Occur's To some certain couple's whereby they have been married for year's let's say been married for like 40/50 year's and kids has been involved and everything but as u know a woman gets to a stage where sex is nothing to her anymore she doesn't feel it and she doesn't want to do it anymore but as known a man even of 100year's still gets aroused for sexual intercourse and since your wife of 40yrs in marriage has lost every taste and fun for sex and the man still feels he wishes for it instead of him to try go out and cheat and have sex with younger women who still feels desire's for sex then the old man is permitted to take another wife and pay the dowry brings her into the house instead of fornication and such men positions are asked to 'preferably' take widow's as wife so those women won't feel negleted because Allah took their own husband's.
5.When a man loses his wife to the cold jaws of death he is permitted to remarry to curb insolence and fornication pay her dowry and take her home 'preferably' a widow also who has lost her husband likewise.
This are the option's a muslim man is allowed to take more than one wife and be contented as Allah permit's.
But this day's the way muslim take more than one wife is always so alarming which brings me to my previous post on taking a walk to saudi which no one does now they took plane's because there are option's but in marriage they don't think about Allah's wish they presumebly take the more than 1 wife messege and forgot the rule's entirely.
It weaken's my heart when some non-muslim female's tells me they hate islam because of the belief that we should marry more than 1 without hearing about the option's. I realy don't blame anyone when most people this day's marry regardless of the rule's stipulated by Allah.
Why would u just remarry because of a ladies bad behaviour,when most messege's that are passed on u on your wedding day fell on deaf ear's !! Marriage is all about toleration and perseverance!! U say she is this,she does this and that does that make a devil? She was born in a different house,different culture,different way's of life,different teachings for year's and your job as a husband is to be patient with her and teach her to your taste and to the good side of Allah! If you leave a woman because of her behaviour have u for once locked yourself indoor alone and ask yourself am I any good? Am I perfect? Don't I make mistake's too? Don't I sin against Allah...So why is her case any worst! There's is no bad lady in this world. As a husband when u show your wife real care and love she would be the angel u have always been dreaming of...Stop the practice's of marrying more than 1 for the sake of wealth and affluence! Whosoever gave that teaching of marrying more than one without Allah's rule's expecially in nigeria too! Am not in liberty to judge whosoever it is but I leave the person and Allah on the day of judgement because its even more worst in nigeria because the way some wealthy popular musician's and very wealthy popular politician's late or alive married in dozen's is so alarmingly when even according to Allah's rule's before u marry another wife your 1st wife MOST accept before u do it if she doesn't accept u are not permitted to,if she doesn't allow u are supposed to plead,beg,advise,talk whatsoever nd promise never to stop loving and caring for her and she would always accepts because she wasn't called a life partner for no reason and u have to be just!!!
Allah has everything planned down for all of us and he wishes all of us well and as u already know ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE (halau halam)may he forgive us our sin's and grant us al-janah firdaous on the day of judgement because in all ramification's we are all sinner's and May his merciful eye's never leave our household!! Ramadan kareem

3 Likes

Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by maclatunji: 11:17am On Jun 30, 2014
Wa alaykum salam,

In as much as I agree that people abuse the concept of polygamy, you have also jumped to another extreme by subtly inferring that polygamy is not really needed unless your own self-adduced reasons are applicable.

Only the ignorant or dubious would applaud such a position.

What you should advocate for is that those who chose to pratice polygamy do so as stipulated by the Sharia, that is all.

4 Likes

Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by prodam(m): 11:40am On Jun 30, 2014
<< Salam Alykum Poster, i appreciate the fact that you air opinions as regards issues of the deen. However, your article indicate your own inferences( arising from your own apppreciation of islamic teachings and emotions) with little or no reference to either the Quran or hadiths. It might interest you to know that issue on polygamy is a clear one and not all can give opinions like this, even if it was controversial. Ma'asalam >>

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by Unbias: 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
balash: Salamun Lai Alaykuum,Been Going Through Lot Of Stress To Convince People Quran Does Not Say It The Way Most People Especially Nigerian's Portray's It And Allow Non Muslim Oppurtunity To Attack Rosul (S.A.W) And Allah's Voice 'Al-Quran'
Most Things In the World Now Are Modern And The Mistake People Do Is They Embrace The Easy Pact Of Teachings And Moral's But Distance Themselves From The Hard one's
Example: The Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) embarked on 'hijra-walk' To Saudi Arabia For Hajj Unlike Now When we Take Fly emirate's plane directly into saudi,Why dnt we perform hijra the walk from any country we are to saudi arabia for hajj (the pilgrimage) we embraced flying because this are better option's because its easier but we distance ourself from the prophet's teaching which we couldn't fathom an option to it but instead we changed the cause entirely which is clearly unfair. The Condition's in which muslm's are permitted to marry more than 1 wife are as follow's
1. In The Old Time's Relationship are classified as a sacred union which u like someone u go to the parent profess your love and u are asked to talk to the lady if she liked u as well then immedietely u pay her dowry and nikkah (wedding) is done and she moved into your home which mean's u would only be allowed to have sexual intercourse with her only on wedding night and she surely would be a virgin unlike now when u would have destroyed all her joints before wedding night! So in such way's when u only have the oppurtunity to see her unclothedness on wedding night and u realised she doesn't have any form of womanliness underneath her in modern world we classify it as hermaphrodite it has been in existence for long,and then there was nothing like surgery to correct it then so if u realised only on ur wedding night that she was such lady,you are permitted to marry another wife without divorcing the lady u already got married to and your taking another wife as a 2nd because of her problem she has to know about your decision before u embark on it and she has to accept also and when u do u musnt treat either one with any sort of advantage's or thereabout if u can't be just amongst the two of them Allah says don't bother taking a 2nd wife.
2. When u get married and every kids who comes out from both of u dies in young age before even attaining puberty and it goes on for so long it simply mean's your gene's are not compatible which modern world researched and realised the husband is an A.S and The Wife Is an A.S too which simply implies the kids coming out from them would always be S.S and would die in young age then u both are permitted to advise the husband to take a new wife for the sake of the unborn sickle cells and the normal rule's follow's the wife must know about it before u embark and she must accept and u must be just between the both of them or u don't take another wife..
3.The Barren Ladies... This has been on for long and when u get married and for year's u realised she couldn't conceive then u can take another wife and the normal rule of he ladies acceptance and been just amongst them stands
4.The Old Age... This Only Occur's To some certain couple's whereby they have been married for year's let's say been married for like 40/50 year's and kids has been involved and everything but as u know a woman gets to a stage where sex is nothing to her anymore she doesn't feel it and she doesn't want to do it anymore but as known a man even of 100year's still gets aroused for sexual intercourse and since your wife of 40yrs in marriage has lost every taste and fun for sex and the man still feels he wishes for it instead of him to try go out and cheat and have sex with younger women who still feels desire's for sex then the old man is permitted to take another wife and pay the dowry brings her into the house instead of fornication and such men positions are asked to 'preferably' take widow's as wife so those women won't feel negleted because Allah took their own husband's.
5.When a man loses his wife to the cold jaws of death he is permitted to remarry to curb insolence and fornication pay her dowry and take her home 'preferably' a widow also who has lost her husband likewise.
This are the option's a muslim man is allowed to take more than one wife and be contented as Allah permit's.
But this day's the way muslim take more than one wife is always so alarming which brings me to my previous post on taking a walk to saudi which no one does now they took plane's because there are option's but in marriage they don't think about Allah's wish they presumebly take the more than 1 wife messege and forgot the rule's entirely.
It weaken's my heart when some non-muslim female's tells me they hate islam because of the belief that we should marry more than 1 without hearing about the option's. I realy don't blame anyone when most people this day's marry regardless of the rule's stipulated by Allah.
Why would u just remarry because of a ladies bad behaviour,when most messege's that are passed on u on your wedding day fell on deaf ear's !! Marriage is all about toleration and perseverance!! U say she is this,she does this and that does that make a devil? She was born in a different house,different culture,different way's of life,different teachings for year's and your job as a husband is to be patient with her and teach her to your taste and to the good side of Allah! If you leave a woman because of her behaviour have u for once locked yourself indoor alone and ask yourself am I any good? Am I perfect? Don't I make mistake's too? Don't I sin against Allah...So why is her case any worst! There's is no bad lady in this world. As a husband when u show your wife real care and love she would be the angel u have always been dreaming of...Stop the practice's of marrying more than 1 for the sake of wealth and affluence! Whosoever gave that teaching of marrying more than one without Allah's rule's expecially in nigeria too! Am not in liberty to judge whosoever it is but I leave the person and Allah on the day of judgement because its even more worst in nigeria because the way some wealthy popular musician's and very wealthy popular politician's late or alive married in dozen's is so alarmingly when even according to Allah's rule's before u marry another wife your 1st wife MOST accept before u do it if she doesn't accept u are not permitted to,if she doesn't allow u are supposed to plead,beg,advise,talk whatsoever nd promise never to stop loving and caring for her and she would always accepts because she wasn't called a life partner for no reason and u have to be just!!!
Allah has everything planned down for all of us and he wishes all of us well and as u already know ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE (halau halam)may he forgive us our sin's and grant us al-janah firdaous on the day of judgement because in all ramification's we are all sinner's and May his merciful eye's never leave our household!! Ramadan kareem

@ bolded- maybe I'm not getting you right. Do you mean pilgrims are supposed to trek to Saudi as the prophet did and not take flight irrespective of their location?
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by balash(m): 5:29pm On Jul 01, 2014
@unbias No No never meant it that way!! i mean issue of plane as an option people embraced for hajj is nice but why not embrace an option also for the marry more than one like knowing ur wife been hermaphrodite and gettn surgery for her or b4 marriage where u learnt she is an A.S then u dnt bother gettn married to her thats an option like what i posted instead of throwing out Allah's rule's entirely
@prodam are u saying what i posted might not look true on the fact there was no quranic verse's or hadith to back it up? in all sincerrity i cant remember the main verse's in the quran or hadith but my ustaz taught me all this while growingup it has been in my head for so so long and i cant forget so when i noticed otherwise thats why am voicing my opinion on what i know as been the fact and i can dare anyone to ask any learned alfa's about it! all i know is that most scholar's know's about this but maybe they dont just want to say it out for any reason best known to them but i can dare any real scholar's not knowing it as fact..
@maclatunji i think u getting me wrong,why would u practise polygamy if u have a loving wife and children and u are enjoying every bits of life in everydream u wished for so why involve yourself into polygamy? its not a choice u can just make for no just reason Allah has given us every rule's and teaching's on living in this world so why make a choice out of Allah's rule's! are we not serving him? would u make a choice out of context cox u have the power? do u get me nw??
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by tbaba1234: 8:54pm On Jul 01, 2014
balash:

@maclatunji i think u getting me wrong,

why would u practise polygamy if u have a loving wife and children and u are enjoying every bits of life in everydream u wished for so why involve yourself into polygamy?

its not a choice u can just make for no just reason Allah has given us every rule's and teaching's on living in this world so why make a choice out of Allah's rule's! are we not serving him? would u make a choice out of context cox u have the power? do u get me nw??

As long as, you can ensure justice and fairness to the best of your ability, Nothing stops you from taking a second wife.

Nothing like choice out of context.
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by AMINU4(m): 9:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
tbaba1234:

As long as, you can ensure justice and fairness to the best of your ability, Nothing stops you from taking a second wife.

Nothing like choice out of context.

Bro that is de main point. If u can deal with them fairly.

Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by Unbias: 9:59pm On Jul 01, 2014
@ AMINU4
Whose example of fairness in polygamy do Muslims follow? If the perequisite to ordaining polygamy is fairness, then 95% of those in it should not have had more than a wife. Those with two or more wives will understand better.
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by prodam(m): 10:09pm On Jul 01, 2014
This OP shaaa..Salam. Did I just read that 'she has to accept??'.. Bro, once the condition TBaba outlined above have been met, then no prob... However, like any other issue/decision, wisdom should be applied. Wallahu a'alam.. Ramadan Kareem
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by balash(m): 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
@prodam and tbaba why are u both making it look like u can just make a choice without following Allah's rule's! Why is been fair and just amongst them a rule only?? Stop been cynical with judgement's
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by babylolaroy(f): 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2014
As salamu alaykum. this has ben an interesting read. i love topics on polygamy from islamic perspective.

What i'd like to chip in is that if a man has the MEANS to sustain more than a wife, he needs absolutely NO REASON to marry another. He can do it just because HE FEELS like it. whether his wife likes it or not. however putting ha emotion into consideration is mere moral obligation not legal obligation.
Whether he discovers her to be hermaphrodite or not fine enough or whatever! he can take another. All the reasons OP listed are personal preferences.
The key point is that He must be able to comfortably maintain both wives and their kids

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by balash(m): 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
babylolaroy: As salamu alaykum. this has ben an interesting read. i love topics on polygamy from islamic perspective.

What i'd like to chip in is that if a man has the MEANS to sustain more than a wife, he needs absolutely NO REASON to marry another. He can do it just because HE FEELS like it. whether his wife likes it or not. however putting ha emotion into consideration is mere moral obligation not legal obligation.
Whether he discovers her to be hermaphrodite or not fine enough or whatever! he can take another. All the reasons OP listed are personal preferences.
The key point is that He must be able to comfortably maintain both wives and their kids
Walaykum salaam dear,whre are u geting ur own belief's since u said what i posted was personal reason?? i posted the main reason with polygamy in islam by Allah and i can authoritatively say poygamy is more embraced in aafrica expecially in nigeria and most of some scholar's are nit talking about it? in nigeria every chief imam would automatically have a 2nd wife but in the main islamic core countries why are polygamy not embraced the way we do here? islam has been long established in most of theis country long b4 we in nigeria abolished traditonal religion? if u can get close to a scholar who is very versed and doesnt incline any form of self defense's in judgement plz ask! my quote wasnt determined on personal decision..
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by dragnet: 11:21am On Jul 11, 2014
balash:
Walaykum salaam dear,whre are u geting ur own belief's since u said what i posted was personal reason?? i posted the main reason with polygamy in islam by Allah and i can authoritatively say poygamy is more embraced in aafrica expecially in nigeria and most of some scholar's are nit talking about it? in nigeria every chief imam would automatically have a 2nd wife but in the main islamic core countries why are polygamy not embraced the way we do here? islam has been long established in most of theis country long b4 we in nigeria abolished traditonal religion? if u can get close to a scholar who is very versed and doesnt incline any form of self defense's in judgement plz ask! my quote wasnt determined on personal decision..

@bolded, reference please...
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by balash(m): 3:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
dragnet:

@bolded, reference please...

Conditions of marrying more than one woman:Islam set forth some conditions for marrying more than one woman. Those conditions are as follows:
1- To deal justly among the wives. This is limited with the human capability; it includes being just in food, clothes, housing, interest and treatment. However the Quran denotes that it is very difficult: "...if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or that which your right hands possess" (an-Nisa, 4/3). So if there is a fear that one cannot deal justly or one can oppress, then the principle of being content with one woman becomes valid. However, justice does not include issues like liking, inclination of the heart and love, because they cannot be controlled. Islam does not place a burden on man greater than he can bear. However, it is forbidden to incline to one of the wives extremely and deprive the others from love. The following is stated in a verse: "Ye are never able to do justice between wives even if it is your ardent desire: but turn not away (from a woman) altogether, so as to leave her (as it were) hanging (in the air).” (an-Nisa, 4/129).
When the two verses above are evaluated, we can draw the conclusion that polygamy is not an essential rule but a permission that can be used when extraordinary conditions are present.  
2- To be able to maintain the family. In Islam, it is necessary for a man who wants to marry one woman or more to be able to meet the eating, drinking, clothing and housing expenses of her or them. The Prophet (PBUH) said the following: O young men! Those among you who can support a wife should marry " (Bukhari, Sawm, 10, Nikah, 2, 3, 19; Muslim, Nikhh, 1,3; Abu Dawud, Nikah, I; Ibn Majah, Nikah, ; Nasai, Siyam, 43). There is no doubt that the hardship of marriage lies in the expenses of the wife.
The reasons why Islam permits polygamy:
In Islam monogamy is essential and polygamy is exceptional. It can be used only when it is necessary or compulsory. Islam did not make polygamy obligatory for anybody, nor did it encourage polygamy. However, it is regarded permissible when there are some general or special reasons.
General reasons: In some regions the male population decreases and female population may increase above normal. During the time of wars it is more frequent. As a matter of fact, after the World War I in Germany, there were four or six women for one man. Then German women advocated that men should marry more than one woman. In such a situation polygamy serves to protect women from prostitution, to provide them with a warm home and to guard fatherless children.
Sometimes it may be necessary to marry more than one woman to increase the population in some regions; for instance, the death of most of the population in war.
There may be polygamy in order to spread Islam. So the Prophet was married to one woman Hazrat Khadijah until he was 54 and had 9 wives after that. (az-Zuhayli, VII, 169, 170).
There are a lot of special reasons:
1- The woman may be ill and cannot meet her husband’s sexual needs. It may be a gynecologic disease that cannot be cured; the woman may be barren and cannot bear a child. In such a case divorcing the diseased wife and marrying another may seem to be a solution but instead of sending her away from her children’s home, marrying a second woman with the consent of the first wife should be a better solution. Thus the rights of the first wife are preserved.
2- Some men may have fallen in love with another woman. The only way to prevent him from adultery is the second marriage.
So, the fact that polygamy is permissible is due to obligation, necessity, illness or a valid cause.
As u can see even the christian's embraced polygamy but for a just 'reason' not by choice..
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by dragnet: 9:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
balash:

Conditions of marrying more than one woman:Islam set forth some conditions for marrying more than one woman. Those conditions are as follows:
1- To deal justly among the wives. This is limited with the human capability; it includes being just in food, clothes, housing, interest and treatment. However the Quran denotes that it is very difficult: "...if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or that which your right hands possess" (an-Nisa, 4/3). So if there is a fear that one cannot deal justly or one can oppress, then the principle of being content with one woman becomes valid. However, justice does not include issues like liking, inclination of the heart and love, because they cannot be controlled. Islam does not place a burden on man greater than he can bear. However, it is forbidden to incline to one of the wives extremely and deprive the others from love. The following is stated in a verse: "Ye are never able to do justice between wives even if it is your ardent desire: but turn not away (from a woman) altogether, so as to leave her (as it were) hanging (in the air).” (an-Nisa, 4/129).
When the two verses above are evaluated, we can draw the conclusion that polygamy is not an essential rule but a permission that can be used when extraordinary conditions are present.  
2- To be able to maintain the family. In Islam, it is necessary for a man who wants to marry one woman or more to be able to meet the eating, drinking, clothing and housing expenses of her or them. The Prophet (PBUH) said the following: O young men! Those among you who can support a wife should marry " (Bukhari, Sawm, 10, Nikah, 2, 3, 19; Muslim, Nikhh, 1,3; Abu Dawud, Nikah, I; Ibn Majah, Nikah, ; Nasai, Siyam, 43). There is no doubt that the hardship of marriage lies in the expenses of the wife.
The reasons why Islam permits polygamy:
In Islam monogamy is essential and polygamy is exceptional. It can be used only when it is necessary or compulsory. Islam did not make polygamy obligatory for anybody, nor did it encourage polygamy. However, it is regarded permissible when there are some general or special reasons.
General reasons: In some regions the male population decreases and female population may increase above normal. During the time of wars it is more frequent. As a matter of fact, after the World War I in Germany, there were four or six women for one man. Then German women advocated that men should marry more than one woman. In such a situation polygamy serves to protect women from prostitution, to provide them with a warm home and to guard fatherless children.
Sometimes it may be necessary to marry more than one woman to increase the population in some regions; for instance, the death of most of the population in war.
There may be polygamy in order to spread Islam. So the Prophet was married to one woman Hazrat Khadijah until he was 54 and had 9 wives after that. (az-Zuhayli, VII, 169, 170).
There are a lot of special reasons:
1- The woman may be ill and cannot meet her husband’s sexual needs. It may be a gynecologic disease that cannot be cured; the woman may be barren and cannot bear a child. In such a case divorcing the diseased wife and marrying another may seem to be a solution but instead of sending her away from her children’s home, marrying a second woman with the consent of the first wife should be a better solution. Thus the rights of the first wife are preserved.
2- Some men may have fallen in love with another woman. The only way to prevent him from adultery is the second marriage.
So, the fact that polygamy is permissible is due to obligation, necessity, illness or a valid cause.
As u can see even the christian's embraced polygamy but for a just 'reason' not by choice..

what you've done is just to pick a verse, a hadeeth and give it a meaning that suits what you're trying to defend. you didn't reference my earlier quote.
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by babylolaroy(f): 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2014
balash:
its okay. dont get me wrong here, we are not at cross roads. That other pple do not embrace polygyny as in Nigerian situation doesnt matter. what you said is not totally wrong but The law of polygyny makes the rule subject to ability of the man to do justice and ability to maintain the wives...now if he likes, he cud take 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 even when each one has been a 'darling'. it doesnt matter. The rule is a gift

1 Like

Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by balash(m): 10:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
babylolaroy:
its okay. dont get me wrong here, we are not at cross roads. That other pple do not embrace polygyny as in Nigerian situation doesnt matter. what you said is not totally wrong but The law of polygyny makes the rule subject to ability of the man to do justice and ability to maintain the wives...now if he likes, he cud take 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 even when each one has been a 'darling'. it doesnt matter. The rule is a gift
Stop getting me wrong! U still wrong polygamy isn't by choice its 4 reason's
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by BetaThings: 3:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
Unbias: @ AMINU4
Whose example of fairness in polygamy do Muslims follow? If the perequisite to ordaining polygamy is fairness, then 95% of those in it should not have had more than a wife. Those with two or more wives will understand better.

95%
Please validate this statistic
Across cultures, countries and generations
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by BetaThings: 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
balash:
Stop getting me wrong! U still wrong polygamy isn't by choice its 4 reason's

I can marry by choice. The reasons you gave are your own possible justification
And there is a difference between conditions and reasons

Please tell me any ayat from the Qur;an or a hadith that backs the reasons you have given
Don't repeat conditions

Let me give you an example - the reason we go for Hajj is simply because Allah has ordained it!
But we cannot go until we meet some conditions eg ensuring welfare of your family when you are away

1 Like

Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by balash(m): 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
BetaThings:

I can marry by choice. The reasons you gave are your own possible justification
And there is a difference between conditions and reasons

Please tell me any ayat from the Qur;an or a hadith that backs the reasons you have given
Don't repeat conditions

Let me give you an example - the reason we go for Hajj is simply because Allah has ordained it!
But we cannot go until we meet some conditions eg ensuring welfare of your family when you are away
But u just saw my quote on there with the hadith and quran backing! If u Say u can marry for choice! Walao halaam..
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by dyfatai(m): 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
babylolaroy:
Its suprising to see a woman take this kinda stand in a polygamy discussion. Obirin bi tie sowon. I salute ur understanding of the deen sha.
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by babylolaroy(f): 4:59am On Jul 14, 2014
dyfatai: Its suprising to see a woman take this kinda stand in a polygamy discussion. Obirin bi tie sowon. I salute ur understanding of the deen sha.
thanx. our islamic law is not subject to someone's whims and caprices. A person cant observe the part that favours him or her and leave the rest. when you are a muslim, embrace the law in its entirety
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by balash(m): 1:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
babylolaroy:
thanx. our islamic law is not subject to someone's whims and caprices. A person cant observe the part that favours him or her and leave the rest. when you are a muslim, embrace the law in its entirety
Lol 'whims and caprices'. ....That's kinda rude to a fellow muslim like u dear! I am not married or in a Relationship sef I got to be realistic in my uproar cox nigerian muslim Hav
Surely abused the law's Allah permitted on. This polygamy issue! U need to be realistic in ur dealing's!! May Allah Uplift u more in knowledge!! Ramadan kareem

1 Like

Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by dyfatai(m): 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
mr balash, pls take corrections and stop saying things on which you have no authority

You came here quoting what your Uztaz told you is d reason for polygamy and u cant defend each reason from quran and sunnah.

When you were asked for evidence, u went to 'UZTAZ GOOGLE' to 'cntr+C and cntrl+V', but still you couldnt do justice to d topic.
No be every Tom, Dirk and Harry dey contribute for religion mata oooo, na people with COMPLETE knowledge of the shariah.

I advise you as a brother that it is a great sin to make Haram what Allah has made Halal. Go back to your uztaz and ask him to give you the evidence for all those things u posted up there. #imo lo ladini, ogbon o gbe
oooooo

In islam, if you want to make a point, u make it bi kitab, sunnah and consensus of the Ulamah. Its a grave image to quote your uztaz as he can make mistake or did he receive his own revelation separately #aothubillah.

To cap it up, u are even saying u get ashamed wen ur friends accuse islam of polygamy, therefore you start making excuses for what Allah has made lawful, Subhannallah.

Brother, go and learn about your deen ooo, #o she pataki gan. . Wa salam alaekum.

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by balash(m): 9:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
dyfatai: mr balash, pls take corrections and stop saying things on which you have no authority

You came here quoting what your Uztaz told you is d reason for polygamy and u cant defend each reason from quran and sunnah.

When you were asked for evidence, u went to 'UZTAZ GOOGLE' to 'cntr+C and cntrl+V', but still you couldnt do justice to d topic.
No be every Tom, Dirk and Harry dey contribute for religion mata oooo, na people with COMPLETE knowledge of the shariah.

I advise you as a brother that it is a great sin to make Haram what Allah has made Halal. Go back to your uztaz and ask him to give you the evidence for all those things u posted up there. #imo lo ladini, ogbon o gbe
oooooo

In islam, if you want to make a point, u make it bi kitab, sunnah and consensus of the Ulamah. Its a grave image to quote your uztaz as he can make mistake or did he receive his own revelation separately #aothubillah.

To cap it up, u are even saying u get ashamed wen ur friends accuse islam of polygamy, therefore you start making excuses for what Allah has made lawful, Subhannallah.

Brother, go and learn about your deen ooo, #o she pataki gan. . Wa salam alaekum.
I love this response,would like to ask u something! The way we perform ablution!! I mean the step's washing hand,nose,mouth,face,arm,head,ear,leg's!! Is It anywhere in the quran this steps the way we perform it? U all making it look like I actually formed this up! I said my ustaz thought me ths in the hadith while still in arabic lessson then but I can't remember what hadith? I can't say anywhere in the quran which clearly state's it? Moreover quran don't gve detailed answer's Rosul actually Gave it in detail's...I hope u all are not mistaken me? I never said quran doesn't say we shld marry 4?? Am standing on my ground that marrying more than one wife is not by choice but by. Reason!! U All backing this thing up instead of us to enlighten Eachother and correct some people's intuition's on this law's.Allah even say we can make rule's with islam on common sense! most of this weathy men now marry like 10 / 15 different wife's and alfa's actually perform nikkai 4 them? Is there anywhere Allah permits marrying like 10 because U wealthy?? This stuffs is makng rounds too much in nigeria and I mandate u to go to learned scholar's and confirm what I said? I finished quran at a tender age! Did waleemah when I was 16, and studied hadith for 2yrs more b4 I turned into an assitant alfa in my arabic lesson because my ustaz wasn't around anymore and I have Nothing less than 5 People under my tutelage who did walimah Graduation also? Am not been proud or somethng! I might have Shelved into lotta things while in the university Which made Me forget a lot (am ashamed of that) but the Fact stand's quote me anywhere and if you ask and u been told am lieing then u can always come back and wash me dry? Most of u denying my quote's does not know if am right or wrong u just want to stand on that right that marrying more than 1 is by Choice and not reason and I will never accept ur stands also!! Reference or not! Its what I knw! Somethings doesn't just leave ur head no matter what!! If u wake me up in the middle of the night to recite surat mulk,yasin,kaf etc I won't even think twice b4 reciting it offhead! This are things I was thought lots and amonsgt things I can't easily forget! This rule's on marrying more than 1 is what I knw and if u feel u dnt want to believe me! Walao halaam but am standing on it (go figure)....Salaam
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by dyfatai(m): 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
I quote '..........and I will never accept ur stands also!! Reference or not! Its what I knw!' #end quote#

You shouldn't have said that, even great scholars of our time can't say such. Half knowledge, my brother, is very bad.

Anywayz, i've done that which is obligatory upon me, which is to correct the error of a brother in islam as Rosullulah(Peace be uppon Him) as instructed us, whether u choose to heed or not is absolutely up to you. Salam alaekum?

1 Like

Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by balash(m): 4:41am On Jul 15, 2014
Walao halaam! May Allah Increase Our Deen...
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by babylolaroy(f): 5:36am On Jul 15, 2014
balash:
I love this response,would like to ask u something! The way we perform ablution!! I mean the step's washing hand,nose,mouth,face,arm,head,ear,leg's!! Is It anywhere in the quran this steps the way we perform it? U all making it look like I actually formed this up! I said my ustaz thought me ths in the hadith while still in arabic lessson then but I can't remember what hadith? I can't say anywhere in the quran which clearly state's it? Moreover quran don't gve detailed answer's Rosul actually Gave it in detail's...I hope u all are not mistaken me? I never said quran doesn't say we shld marry 4?? Am standing on my ground that marrying more than one wife is not by choice but by. Reason!! U All backing this thing up instead of us to enlighten Eachother and correct some people's intuition's on this law's.Allah even say we can make rule's with islam on common sense! most of this weathy men now marry like 10 / 15 different wife's and alfa's actually perform nikkai 4 them? Is there anywhere Allah permits marrying like 10 because U wealthy?? This stuffs is makng rounds too much in nigeria and I mandate u to go to learned scholar's and confirm what I said? I finished quran at a tender age! Did waleemah when I was 16, and studied hadith for 2yrs more b4 I turned into an assitant alfa in my arabic lesson because my ustaz wasn't around anymore and I have Nothing less than 5 People under my tutelage who did walimah Graduation also? Am not been proud or somethng! I might have Shelved into lotta things while in the university Which made Me forget a lot (am ashamed of that) but the Fact stand's quote me anywhere and if you ask and u been told am lieing then u can always come back and wash me dry? Most of u denying my quote's does not know if am right or wrong u just want to stand on that right that marrying more than 1 is by Choice and not reason and I will never accept ur stands also!! Reference or not! Its what I knw! Somethings doesn't just leave ur head no matter what!! If u wake me up in the middle of the night to recite surat mulk,yasin,kaf etc I won't even think twice b4 reciting it offhead! This are things I was thought lots and amonsgt things I can't easily forget! This rule's on marrying more than 1 is what I knw and if u feel u dnt want to believe me! Walao halaam but am standing on it (go figure)....Salaam
now i should like to laugh so hard!really? people under your tutelage, suratul mulk and others by heart, 2years study of hadith.blah blah. you hav got to be swelling. Now 2yrs study and you cant rememba just one to back your stuff up. Now i'm going to be ashamed for you. Your knowledge of surah al mulk and others doesnt give you that right to pass fatwa on crucial religious matters. besides mulk has nothing to do here. it doesnt even discuss polygamy. i ddnt see you mention surah an-nisai. what happened? maybe you havent learned that. you should do so.
i also missed the part in your OP where you said the wife MUST agree to the new union. really? Alfa re o try rara. The prophet married new wives even without telling the previous wives. Aisha got word that hez getting a new wife but not from him. You dont understand the role of a husband in shariah. i hope you will stop making a cake of yourself. just stop it already
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by babylolaroy(f): 5:40am On Jul 15, 2014
An for records, its ALLAHU A'LAM. An assistant Alfa should know that much at least

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by dragnet: 5:09am On Jul 17, 2014
babylolaroy: An for records, its ALLAHU A'LAM. An assistant Alfa should know that much at least
baarokaLlahu feek...
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by babylolaroy(f): 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
dragnet:
baarokaLlahu feek...
Aamin. wa iyyak
Re: A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. by balash(m): 10:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
Lmao!! Am not interested with arguement's on flimsy things like this wth u anymore! U sounding so much like someone in trouble with me and not with the discussion,the surah I posted was to inform u that I was actually very versed with my knowledge of quran/deen! I said I can actually recite all those surah off heart and u making it look like am been proud! Am ssure u saw those were done when I was still very serious in arabic sch and my post on when I got into the university I limited every sstudies on deen and took book serious rather that doesn't say I dnt pray. I would attach the pix of me on my walimah graduation day and u would see how young I was then and what when i Was still in arabic lesson meant,u that could actually spell'd halao halam as allahu'alam claiming I was wrong when those where just d alphabet's I wish to use and surely u understood what i said, show's so much how much u mean and u are so intent on attacking me in everyway! But if u like include more insultive words like the formal post's directed on me am happy to inform u I wasn't trained to insult or call a muslim sister name's no matter what might be the arguement's. But my stand that polygamy in islam is for reason and not choice stands and I can wait 4ur backlash more! But u won't force me to accept what I know is wrong and please let the insults rain more! Wasn't trained to insult female's....halao alam or the correct english way's to type by the almighty lecturer allahu'alam I hope its correct...#Islam Is Peace

(1) (Reply)

The Best Platform For Nigerian Muslims / The Beauty Of Islam. / Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.