Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah (1125 Views)

An-nikkah (Marriage): A Soft Admonition To Our Sisters / Seven Beautiful Characteristics Which Make A Wife Exceptional / Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 20, 2017
Written by Soodiq bn Mas'uud(with few editing by me)....

الحمد لله والصلاه والسلام على رسول الله أما بعد:

1 Israaf(extravagance)..

You want people to eat Amala,iyan,fufu, porridge, kebsha, Chinese rice,hmmm!! sha don't do israaf(wastage)

وَكُلُوا وَاشْرَبُوا وَلَا تُسْرِفُوا إِنَّهُ لَا يُحِبُّ الْمُسْرِفِينَ

eat and drink but waste not by extravagance, certainly He (Allah) likes not Al-Musrifun (those who waste by extravagance).

Surah Al-Araf, Verse 31:

2 Wedding pictures

Must you show the world u have a beautiful spouse?Or u think keeping the wedding pictures to keep memory alive is a nice and dandy idea? Picture this hadith in your mind first,

ﺇﻥ ﺃﺷﺪ ﺍﻟﻨﺎﺱ ﻋﺬﺍﺑﺎ ﻋﻨﺪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻳﻮﻡ ﺍﻟﻘﻴﺎﻣﺔ ﺍﻟﻤﺼﻮﺭﻭﻥ

The most severely punished people on the Day of Resurrection would be the image-makers. [Bukhaari and Muslim]

3 Music

Planning on playing and inviting Ayeloyun, Abi ezz it aminah "obirere" to entertain your guests with "Islamic Music"? Think twice. Islam has no music.

" ﻟﻴﻜﻮﻧﻦ ﻣﻦ ﺃﻣﺘﻲ ﺃﻗﻮﺍﻡ ﻳﺴﺘﺤﻠﻮﻥ ﺍﻟﺤﺮ ﻭﺍﻟﺤﺮﻳﺮ
ﻭﺍﻟﺨﻤﺮ ﻭﺍﻟﻤﻌﺎﺯﻑ ..

“Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments…” (Narrated by al Bukhaari)

4 Tabarruj

Looking good on the day of your nikkah is a good idea, but if you must make up, then use niqob, your make up is for your husband alone, not every tom, dick and harry, otherwise dont make up if you dont want to wear a niqob.

وَقَرْنَ فِي بُيُوتِكُنَّ وَلَا تَبَرَّجْنَ تَبَرُّجَ الْجَاهِلِيَّةِ الْأُولَى

And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance,

Surah Al-Ahzab, Verse 33:

5 Inviting only the rich

This will make your nikkah food to be the worst ever,bcs the needy people (poor) are prevented from it

ﺷَﺮُّ ﺍﻟﻄَّﻌَﺎﻡِ ﻃَﻌَﺎﻡُ ﺍﻟْﻮَﻟِﻴﻤَﺔِ ﻳُﻤْﻨَﻌُﻬَﺎ ﻣَﻦْﻳَﺄْﺗِﻴﻬَﺎ ﻭَﻳُﺪْﻋَﻰ ﺇِﻟَﻴْﻬَﺎ ﻣَﻦْ ﻳَﺄْﺑَﺎﻫَﺎ

“The worst food is the food of a wedding banquet in which the rich are invited but the poor are left out.”

Source: Sahih Muslim

6 Ar-riyaau

My nikkah must be the talk of the town,it must have no similitude!!! That's riyaau(show-off),why not do it to please the lord of the world?

ﻳﻘﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﺰ ﻭﺟﻞ ﻷﺻﺤﺎﺏ ﺫﻟﻚ ﻳﻮﻡ ﺍﻟﻘﻴﺎﻣﺔ ﺇﺫﺍ ﺟﺎﺯﻯ
ﺍﻟﻨﺎﺱ : ﺍﺫﻫﺒﻮﺍ ﺇﻟﻰ ﺍﻟﺬﻳﻦ ﻛﻨﺘﻢ ﺗﺮﺍﺀﻭﻥ ﻓﻲ ﺍﻟﺪﻧﻴﺎ ﻓﺎﻧﻈﺮﻭﺍ ﻫﻞ ﺗﺠﺪﻭﻥ ﻋﻨﺪﻫﻢ ﺟﺰﺍﺀ ؟

Allah the Exalted will say to them (who show off), on the Day of Resurrection when the people are being rewarded for their deeds: Go to those
whom you wished to show off in the world and look for your reward with them.” (Musnad Ahmad Hadith 23119)

7 Imitating the kuffar

Using wedding gown, engagement ring,free mixing with opposite sex,kissing in public ,are all imitations of the kuffar and the prophet says

َ ﻣَﻦْ ﺗَﺸَﺒَّﻪَ ﺑِﻘَﻮْﻡٍ ﻓَﻬُﻮَ ﻣِﻨْﻬُﻢ

ْWhoever imitates a people is one of them.’” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, hasan sahih)

أقول قولي هذا أستغفر الله لي ولكم

Baarakallaahu feekum

We hope your waleematu-nikaah will be free of all those things.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE DATE!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Mouthgag: 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2017
AbdelKabir:

1 Israaf(extravagance)..

You want people to eat Amala,iyan,fufu, porridge, kebsha, Chinese rice,hmmm!! sha don't do israaf(wastage)

eat and drink but waste not by extravagance, certainly He (Allah) likes not Al-Musrifun (those who waste by extravagance).

Surah Al-Araf, Verse 31:

2 Wedding pictures

Must you show the world u have a beautiful spouse?Or u think keeping the wedding pictures to keep memory alive is a nice and dandy idea? Picture this hadith in your mind first,

The most severely punished people on the Day of Resurrection would be the image-makers. [Bukhaari and Muslim]

3 Music

Planning on playing and inviting Ayeloyun, Abi ezz it aminah "obirere" to entertain your guests with "Islamic Music"? Think twice. Islam has no music.

ﻭﺍﻟﺨﻤﺮ ﻭﺍﻟﻤﻌﺎﺯﻑ ..

“Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments…” (Narrated by al Bukhaari)

4 Tabarruj

Looking good on the day of your nikkah is a good idea, but if you must make up, then use niqob, your make up is for your husband alone, not every tom, dick and harry, otherwise dont make up if you dont want to wear a niqob.

And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance,

5 Inviting only the rich

This will make your nikkah food to be the worst ever,bcs the needy people (poor) are prevented from it

ﺷَﺮُّ ﺍﻟﻄَّﻌَﺎﻡِ ﻃَﻌَﺎﻡُ ﺍﻟْﻮَﻟِﻴﻤَﺔِ ﻳُﻤْﻨَﻌُﻬَﺎ ﻣَﻦْﻳَﺄْﺗِﻴﻬَﺎ ﻭَﻳُﺪْﻋَﻰ ﺇِﻟَﻴْﻬَﺎ ﻣَﻦْ ﻳَﺄْﺑَﺎﻫَﺎ

“The worst food is the food of a wedding banquet in which the rich are invited but the poor are left out.”

6 Ar-riyaau

My nikkah must be the talk of the town,it must have no similitude!!! That's riyaau(show-off),why not do it to please the lord of the world?

Allah the Exalted will say to them (who show off), on the Day of Resurrection when the people are being rewarded for their deeds: Go to those
whom you wished to show off in the world and look for your reward with them.” (Musnad Ahmad Hadith 23119)

7 Imitating the kuffar

Using wedding gown, engagement ring,free mixing with opposite sex,kissing in public ,are all imitations of the kuffar and the prophet says

ْWhoever imitates a people is one of them.’” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, hasan sahih)

Baarakallaahu feekum

Mister swerve abeg.
Stop being an irrational fanatic.
Masha Allah

1 Like

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 20, 2017
Mouthgag:

Mister swerve abeg.
Masha Allah

none of those are mine, its basically the word of Allaah, and the word of the messenger, so by implication you are telling Allaah and his messenger to "swerve"......

wehdone

4 Likes

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by taofeek11(m): 6:46pm On Mar 20, 2017
May Allah reward u abundantly and increase u in knowledge. Nice post

2 Likes

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Mouthgag: 7:00pm On Mar 20, 2017
AbdelKabir:

none of those are mine, its basically the word of Allaah, and the word of the messenger, so by implication you are telling Allaah and his messenger to "swerve"......

wehdone
I'm telling you to swerve, take things easy with yourself, there's more to life when wisdom is applied...
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
Mouthgag:

I'm telling you to swerve, take things easy with yourself, there's more to life when wisdom is applied...

k...
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by FriendNG: 8:39pm On Mar 20, 2017
But I thought this thread exist before? I may be mistaken
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 20, 2017
FriendNG:
But I thought this thread exist before? I may be mistaken

yeah something similar, but not this exactly......
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by OLAJADON: 11:56am On Mar 21, 2017
Mouthgag:

Mister swerve abeg.
Masha Allah
on of the signs of an hypocrite is those that you say Allah and his messengers forbid this and this and they try to look for excuse to justify their self interest

1 Like

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Mouthgag: 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2017
OLAJADON:

on of the signs of an hypocrite is those that you say Allah and his messengers forbid this and this and they try to look for excuse to justify their self interest
Use your head. You may lack comprehension....
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Alennsar(f): 5:54pm On Mar 21, 2017
jazakallahu khaeran Abdelkabir
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 21, 2017
Alennsar:
jazakallahu khaeran Abdelkabir

wa iyyaki insha Allaah..
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by OLAJADON: 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2017
Mouthgag:

Use your head. You may lack comprehension....
am not the one not using his head but you...the op said Allah and his messenger condemn something, you are to accept it first even if it is not easy to do but pray the Almighty makes it easy.....not tell me I lack comprehension while enhancing your personal interest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by zarinaAin: 3:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
Jazakallaahu khairan, Islam is very easy if only we do the do's and leave the don't s. Need this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by tintingz(m): 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
I thought something like this already existed.

AbdelKabir:

1 Israaf(extravagance)..

Surah Al-Araf, Verse 31
In any event either there is wastage of food or shortage of food, this post here does not make any sense.

2 Wedding pictures

Wedding event is a day thing and it a special day for couples, what's so wrong, hell bound in taken pictures for memories?

Are wedding pictures for worship?

I can still find my parent wedding pictures.

We've argued about this before and it has been trashed.

3 Music

ﻭﺍﻟﺨﻤﺮ ﻭﺍﻟﻤﻌﺎﺯﻑ ..

A little entertainment spice up an event, what's so hell bound playing music, Islamic music for that matter? there is an hadith where the Prophet (SA) didn't stop people from singing.

Music is not even prohibited in the Quran.

4 Tabarruj

haba, this a day event na, a special day, what's so wrong for the wife to look good on her wedding day? Didn't you see Buhari's daughter looking good on her wedding day? Which scholar condemned her.

5 Inviting only the rich

This is totally wrong.

6 Ar-riyaau

This is individual choice, it doesn't make someone hell-bound.

7 Imitating the kuffar

Baarakallaahu feekum
Use of wedding rings, gown are not prohibited.

Traditional outfit is even OK.

A backward wedding event, we're in 21st century.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by tintingz(m): 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
OLAJADON:

Programed sheeple.

Where does Allah prohibits Music?
Where does Allah prohibit wedding ring?
Where does Allah prohibits taking pictures?
Where does Allah prohibit using your head?

1 Like

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by OLAJADON: 7:07am On Apr 03, 2017
tintingz:
Programed sheeple.

Where does Allah prohibits Music?
Where does Allah prohibit wedding ring?
Where does Allah prohibits taking pictures?
Where does Allah prohibit using your head?
Although these are not in the Quran but rosululah forbid us from the above you mention the one permitted among them are restricted. Prophet Muhammed serve as an advocate of Allah down on earth here. It is your life, I am not forcing you to do anything my only duty as a Muslim is to show you the thing you are doing wrong, it is then left to you to agree or not.
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 03, 2017
OLAJADON:

Although these are not in the Quran but rosululah forbid us from the above you mention the one permitted among them are restricted. Prophet Muhammed serve as an advocate of Allah down on earth here. It is your life, I am not forcing you to do anything my only duty as a Muslim is to show you the thing you are doing wrong, it is then left to you to agree or not.

You better leave that one, he is a zindeeq(heretic).
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by OLAJADON: 9:48am On Apr 03, 2017
AbdelKabir:

You better leave that one, he is a zindeeq(heretic).
I have decided to leave him after checking his profile and seeing all his post.
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
tintingz:
I thought something like this already existed.

In any event either there is wastage of food or shortage of food, this post here does not make any sense.

Wedding event is a day thing and it a special day for couples, what's so wrong, hell bound in taken pictures for memories?

Are wedding pictures for worship?

I can still find my parent wedding pictures.

We've argued about this before and it has been trashed.

A little entertainment spice up an event, what's so hell bound playing music, Islamic music for that matter? there is an hadith where the Prophet (SA) didn't stop people from singing.

Music is not even prohibited in the Quran.

haba, this a day event na, a special day, what's so wrong for the wife to look good on her wedding day? Didn't you see Buhari's daughter looking good on her wedding day? Which scholar condemned her.

This is totally wrong.

This is individual choice, it doesn't make someone hell-bound.

Use of wedding rings, gown are not prohibited.

Traditional outfit is even OK.

A backward wedding event, we're in 21st century.

As usual, a senseless post from an ignoramus. Seek tawbah Taiwo!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Request For Evidence Of The Greatness Or Truthfulness Of Islam / Ex-Christian: 'Why I Became Shia Muslim'; Inspirational Stories / Chineese Uyghurs Defy Ramadam Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.