Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE (55490 Views)

Do it urself importation: 1688.com Class / Solar Powered Fans For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by shumuel(m): 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
D_RealGeesam:
That is for pump and solar panels only. Very suitable for home use. You get 5,000 liters on a good day.
Enough water for any average home (enough for even 2 flats)

kk sir, but how much does it cost to Drill a borehole alone in Nigeria generally ? Am in the North
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2014
shumuel:

kk sir, but how much does it cost to Drill a borehole alone in Nigeria generally ? Am in the North
It costs about 7,000 per meter. You drill an average of 100meters in most places up north. I cant give general average cos the geology of nigeria is diverse. Even within a state u may need to drill 100 meters at a point and just 50 meters at another point.
Hope this helps. Though many drillers will take about 250k to 450k in the north especially the Indian drillers, they are very cheap and have powerful rigs. (just for you to have an idea of cost to expect )

1 Like

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by shumuel(m): 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
DRealGeesam:
It costs about 7,000 per meter. You drill an average of 100meters in most places up north. I cant give general average cos the geology of nigeria is diverse. Even within a state u may need to drill 100 meters at a point and just 50 meters at another point.
Hope this helps. Though many drillers will take about 250k to 450k in the north especially the Indian drillers, they are very cheap and have powerful rigs. (just for you to have an idea of cost to expect )

ok, now i understand, yes it did.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Ibrochaka(m): 10:48am On Jul 09, 2014
Following wit keen interest....sir sowi 4 d digression, pls hw do i construct a solar panel that wil b able to power a business centre comprising of 2 set of computas, a fan and sets of chargable points 4 mobile phones. I nid details cos am a novice n dnt no anytin abt solar panels n wil also lyk 2 get d total cost, thanks.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 3:41pm On Jul 09, 2014
shumuel:

ok, now i understand, yes it did.
Glad i was of help
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 4:10pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ibrochaka: Following wit keen interest....sir sowi 4 d digression, pls hw do i construct a solar panel that wil b able to power a business centre comprising of 2 set of computas, a fan and sets of chargable points 4 mobile phones. I nid details cos am a novice n dnt no anytin abt solar panels n wil also lyk 2 get d total cost, thanks.
You need to buy the following:
*An Inverter (1kva to 1.5kva is enough for your need)
*a charge controller (20A charge controller is ok)
*deep circle batteries ( the capacity depends on how long u want to power the 2 computers) i will explain later.
*solar panels (depends on the capacity of the batteries u use)
DETAILS
The monitor of a computer consumes about 130watts
The cpu about 70-150 watts (check the current rating and multiply it by 220v)
E.g if the current is rated .5A
Then the power (wattage) is 220v X .5a = 110Watts

So for one desktop computer set you have a power consumption of 240watts
For the 2 systems you have 240X2= 480watts

Add about 10% for energy loses

So you have 528watts (for the2 computers)

For the charging 50watts would charge at least 10 phones
So we have a approximate total of 600watts
A 200Ah battery will give you 200a X12v (voltage of the battery) total is 2400watts
But Note that you can only use 50% of this power so
Total you get from the battery is 1200watt hour
Meaning it will take you 1 hour to consume the 1200w
Meaning for 600wat application, it would take you 2hours
If you want to run your system all day, you need to get more panels than your actual power consumption.
So go for 10 80watts panels or 8 100watts panels
You cab get all you need at ikeja computer village, osodi, ojota, alaba etc
Buy lesser panels if you dont want to use it more than 5hrs a day.
It shldnt cost you more than 160k there about
All the best

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Ibrochaka(m): 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2014
DRealGeesam:
*deep circle batteries ( the capacity depends on how long u want to power the 2 computers) i will explain later.
DETAILS

thanks man, God bless u!
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Enosa1(m): 8:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
DRealGeesam:
DETAILS

A 200Ah battery will give you 200a X12v (voltage of the battery) total is 2400watts
If you want to run your system all day, you need to get more panels than your actual power consumption.
All the best
Thanks for this...Its really helpful.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by investnow2013: 9:55pm On Jul 09, 2014
DRealGeesam:
DETAILS

All the best

1 Like

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by jonyse: 10:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
What depth of borehole will b okay in osogbo osun state to get fresh water and what will be d cost estimate of the boreholein this area and the solar panel and pump for pumping15,000L daily?
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 7:12am On Jul 10, 2014
jonyse: What depth of borehole will b okay in osogbo osun state to get fresh water and what will be d cost estimate of the borehole in this area and the solar panel and pump for pumping15,000L daily?
Please give me the details of what u intend to use the borehole for, is it home use, community use or industrial use?
If it is home use, there is absolutely NO WAY U WILL USE 2,000 liters a day talkless of 15000 liters
Anyway to answer your question,
the average depth of borehole in osogbo is 140feet to 250feet.
ONLY use compressor rigs else those regular rigs that they drag along would just waste ur time and money they are so limited in power and they cant drill through rocks on time (they will spend weeks doing a job that only takes 3hrs max)
For osogbo and Ilesha, drillers charge 450k-650k (from my experience with them) you can ask around for their latest prices. (Remember only go for good air compression rigs for efficiency)

For the solar pump that would give you your 15,000 liters (pls verify cos this looks industrial it could be too much or too little)
For that capacity, buy a grundfos sqflex 2.5 or a Lorenzo solar pump, or a sun pump (cos of the amount of water you need and reliability)
These pumps range from 265k to 300k in the market (NOT SOLD IN OSOGBO, cos i am from osogbo smiley ) so go to ibadan or lagos

You will need at least 8 solar modules of 80watts each to guarantee good current even at low sun shine. Depending on the brand you are buying
Common chinese products cost 15,000 and less (some are even very cheap)

Top brand chinese products cost about 20,000 (very reliable)

Top brands such as BP, Seimens, sharp, grundfos cost between 25,000 to 35,000
The choice is yours( they dont all have the same lifespan and efficiency)

Always buy monocrystalline not polycystalline solar modules

The price of the panels depends on the suppler, many sell at inflated prices and rebrand the panel (ask alaba boys)

Then u buy pipes, marine ripe and 4mm 4 core flex wire for the installations

Hope this helps
All the best

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by CharlieMaria(m): 11:44am On Jul 29, 2014
Good one.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 29, 2014
DRealGeesam: Learn all you want to about borehole drilling. Stop making mistakes

I have become tired of NL with its abusive and immature comments and was thinking of logging out for good until I saw your reassuring post. You have just proved that their is still hope in this country. God bless you, wishing you the very best.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by jamace(m): 11:59am On Jul 29, 2014
OP, this is lovely. Thanks a million. cool
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by HIGHHILLMORINGA: 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
DRealGeesam:
That is for pump and solar panels only. Very suitable for home use. You get 5,000 liters on a good day.
Enough water for any average home (enough for even 2 flats)

Please I would like to give you a contract of doing a solar borehole in my house and church here in Abeokuta Ogun state.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by zeelo2014: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
Following bumper to bumper
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Dexpro: 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
@Op, you are doing a beautiful job here. Pls, do you have any project currently ongoing in ilorin? Or are you anywhere near ilorin? We need to see and talk.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Henryenya(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
Plz sir how can one chlorinate a bore hole? and secondly I noticed its difficult to drill bore hole at Ohuhu in umuahia Abia State. What could be the reason behind it? Thank you
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by flinton(m): 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
Sir I am in the east Anambra precisely, can you tell me how much it will cost me to get a solar powered borehole for a private residence functioning, if u itemize them it will be great, thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by sunjetg: 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
Please what is the best rig for drilling a borehole? You have mentioned compressor rigs, could you advise how much this might cost? Who are the best vendors for borehole drilling equipment?

Thanks as I await your response.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by d33jy85: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
Bros. Well done more grease to ur elbow! I am currently. Building my house. In. Abuja and I want a borehole bc waterboard with der wahala is not. Too reliable how much would. It cost me ?
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by kolomax(m): 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
sir can you give me the estimate of solar panel am going to use for a 2 bedroom flat that will power my things @least 5-6hrs or more...thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by delishpot: 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
hmmn, Gods blessings o. I see the quality of your work.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
sunnyshayne:

I have become tired of NL with its abusive and immature comments and was thinking of logging out for good until I saw your reassuring post. You have just proved that their is still hope in this country. God bless you, wishing you the very best.
Wow wow wow!!!
I think it is time to revive this thread. I got tired of posting cos it seemed people were not following.
Thanks for your warm comment sir.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
CharlieMaria: Good one.
Thank you sir
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
jamace: OP, this is lovely. Thanks a million. cool
Thank you sir.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Waspy(m): 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
Pls can any machine drilling be done in an already dug and completed (covered) well.? Pls give a rough and realistic estimate on siting a new borehole (complete)
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by economia: 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
DRealGeesam:
DETAILS

All the best
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by eledacedar(f): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
OP, you really have done something good here.

I would like to know a few things.

1. Do you carry out only Electrical tests before drilling( Profiling,VES) or do you add others like Electromagnetic?

2. How often do you get drilling jobs? I am asking because Im interested in being out there with your crew for data acquisition,interpretation and drilling( I don't expect you to pay me. I just want to gather field experience).

3. Somewhere outside Lagos state but still in the SW, there are 2 failed boreholes within 200m of each other. I'm working on a proposal to the MDAs/Legislators that sponsored the drilling to correct this. I would appreciate your contribution because of your experience in such.

Thanks.

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by myspnigeria: 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
Lovely tips

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper / How To Start Profitable Okrika Business In Nigeria: All You Need To Know. / Chinese 'Sharprite' Store Opens Right Opposite 'Shoprite' In SA (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.