Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,252 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE (55550 Views)

Do it urself importation: 1688.com Class / Solar Powered Fans For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by beniah2347: 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
Kindly place ur nos on ur thread...Also where can i purchase good solar panels?
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Enosa1(m): 5:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
beniah2347: Kindly place ur nos on ur thread...Also where can i purchase good solar panels?
Which state are you?
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by muhibro: 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
Op how is it going? Can u send me a proposal for the solared powered bore holes and maybe solar street lights if u have and how much commission will you give me if I get you a job??
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 1:35pm On Aug 01, 2014
I was banned for 3 days and was unable to answer any of your questions.
I AM BACK!

I noticed that some took over the thread to advertise, Seun and the moderators never hid their post or ban them yet i did not advertise but was banned for "spamming".
Let us progress.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 1:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
Enosa1: Thanks for this...Its really helpful.
You are welcome
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
HIGHHILLMORINGA:

Please I would like to give you a contract of doing a solar borehole in my house and church here in Abeokuta Ogun state.
You can get my contacts on my signature. Thank you sir
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 4:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
@Henryenya
Question: how to chlorinate a borehole?
[b]Answer [/b]Honestly proper chlorination of your water system is very complex and should be done by experts, this does not mean you cant do it yourself.

Follow this steps carefully
Warning! Chlorine agents are very corrosive to the skin and eyes! Handle with extreme care

Step 1: measure the depth of your borehole.
You need 2 measurements: the depth of your borehole and the depth at which your water level lies.
Do this by tying a very big padlock to a rope and lowering it into the borehole, then not when it first meets the water surface, this gives you your STATIC water level.
Pull the rope out and then measure it.
Next go all the way to the bottom and then measure the leghth of the rope at the point when it began to go slack.
That will give you your borehole depth
Water column=
Borehole depth - Static water level
If your borehole is a 4 inch borehole then use 500g of chlorine (chlorinated lime)for every 50meters of water column
(Truth is you could even use double this amount)
*Then wait for about 6hours
*install your submersible pump
*carry out all necessary connections for the pump to the tank.

Then begin pumping this chlorinated water into the tank (this will enable the disinfection of the tanks and pipes too)

Then open the out let to the tanks and spill out all the water.

Fill up the tanks once more and spill out the water.

DONT use the chlorinated water

Drilling is complex in every region. That is why need need to do a geophysical survey. The over burden in most parts of eastern nigeria is usually very thick and this could give problems to inexperienced drillers who dont have the right tools or have Dynamic approach to problems.
Henryenya, i hope this helps.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by puskin: 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
DRealGeesam: I was banned for 3 days and was unable to answer any of your questions.
I AM BACK!

I noticed that some took over the thread to advertise, Seun and the moderators never hid their post or ban them yet i did not advertise but was banned for "spamming".
Let us progress.

......and what prevents you from reporting the ad-post in question.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 4:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
My brother i did o. Twice!
@ Puskin
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
@ Waspy
Question: can you drill a borehole in an existing well?

Answer: Yes, but NO!
It is possible, but very unrealistic and the method would be too complicated and expensive.

Just drill a new borehole.
There is no fixed price for borehole drilling. Tell me your state and i could give you the average drillers charge in your region.
Hope this helps
Let me know
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
@ eledacedar
The type of survey you carry out depends on a number of factors. Especially on how detailed you want your survey report.
I could link you up with a prominent geologist that would help you with all you want to know.

2. Yes you can be carried along.
3. All the best with your proposal to the government. The truth is most of the time these shaby projects are just money siphoning channels. No professional supervision.
There is absolutely no reason those boreholes shld not be working. I guess the problem is in the borehole itself.
I once saw a borehole that was only 14foot deep! Imagine! Some wells are even twice deeper.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
@ leoanijah
Question: I have a borehole already, how
much will it cost me to get a
solar pump and panel and
how many year guaranty

You have shurflo it costs only 180,000 and will use 2 100watts panels: it can only run for 2 years before needing servicing. The servicing too is cheap, only need valves that cos N3,000

You have lorenzi solar pump. It costs 300,000. Needs 10 or more solar panels of 100watts for optimum functioning. It could last for 5years or more guaranteed before u need to change anything in it.

You have Grundfos sqf series 2.5, 3, 4, 5
They all consume different amount of power for different amount of output. They typically cost 240,000 to 300,000 depending on the dealer.
On average 8 panels of 100watt will do a good job. You could use it for 5-10years with good maintenance or even more

There are unbranded pumps that only cost 80,000 to 150,000 and use as little as 2 panels of 100watts. They typically last 3 years

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Waspy(m): 6:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
DRealGeesam: @ Waspy

It is possible, but very unrealistic and the method would be too complicated and expensive.

There is no fixed price for borehole drilling. Tell me your state and i could give you the average drillers charge in your region.
Hope this helps
Let me know
Thnks
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by bishop4life(m): 10:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
Op please these solar pumps can they work at night with back up? If yes what will it cost to get good one with back-up
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by kinzodigital: 7:04am On Aug 02, 2014
DRealGeesam: @ Waspy

Hope this helps
Let me know
Hello , how much is the average price to drill a new borehole in Benin City,Edo State?
You can kindly forward reply to. Kinzodigital@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 7:45am On Aug 02, 2014
kinzodigital: Hello , how much is the average price to drill a new borehole in Benin City,Edo State?
You can kindly forward reply to. Kinzodigital@yahoo.co.uk
Drilling in edo state is very similar to that of ondo state, we have an occurrence of highly weathered basement in majority of the places. Hand (tripod) drilling not advisable. Best to use motorized rigs.
Average price is btw 450,000-650,000 (that is if you use the services of expertraite (foreign) drillers) indigenous drillers (from my experience and what i have noticed so far especially in edo, ondo and osun state) charge more for motorized drilling 600,000 to over a million.
I dont know why our indigenous drillers there like charging much. So it is best to engage the foreign drillers to save cost.
Ensure you do a geophysical survey first. It will help you to drill with precision and even help you in bargaining better with the drillers because you know the depth you want to drill.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 8:12am On Aug 02, 2014
@bishop4life
Question: Op please these solar pumps
can they work at night with
back up? If yes what will it
cost to get good one with back-
up

Answer: yes they can work, all solar pumps are dc pumps, that means they can work with batteries without using inverters.
As i have said before, if it is a small scale use, then you can go for shurflo9325
Industrial (or if you just want a pump with high output) then go for grundfos or lorenzi pumps
We have very few options in Nigeria.
Total Cost could range from 300,000 to 700,000 or even more.
Factors such as,
the output you need
The duration of pumping you need to carryout at night (deep circle batteries cost as much as 55,000 for just one of 200Ah)

The longer you need to use it at night, the more the batteries.

Pump alone costs
Shurflo=180,000
Grundfos sqflex =240,000 -280,000 (depends on where you buy it)
Lorenzi =300,000
Unbranded= 80,000 to 150,000
Question is what do you want to use it for that is what will determine you choice of pump, how many solar panels you need, if you even need batteries for night use at all etc.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 8:20am On Aug 02, 2014
@bishop4life

For the lifespan
Using shurflo: it can last 10 to 15 years but needs to be serviced every 2-3 years (not expensive)
Grundfos, sun pump, lorenzi have average of 10 years (they are servicable too. (Very expensive)
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 8:26am On Aug 02, 2014
I am yet to answer a lot of questions. Please bear with me. I will be back very soon to deal with them. Thank you.
Here is a Grundfos sqflex 2.5 batch B pump.
Very rugged and durable
Uses ac (generator and phcn)
Uses solar power
Uses batteries directly
Very reliable
Lasts very long
Cons: it is very expensive

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 8:34am On Aug 02, 2014
Here is a lorenzi solar pump.

Cost: 300,000
Very rugged and durable
It have a very high out put suitable for industrial use.
It has a very long lifespan

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 8:43am On Aug 02, 2014
Shurflo 9325
VERY rugged pump. It can "dry run" wIthout getting damaged (grundfos and lorenzi cant so the rely on an onboard ic to protect them)
It can last for 15 years, but you must service it at least once in 2 years.
It is cheaper than most solar pumps.
It is a top brand pump.

Here is one being serviced.

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 11:27am On Aug 02, 2014
@ obiseq:
well educative. thanks to the
op. plz sir i need ur detail
contact n let this thread
continues. u can reach me on
obiseq@gmail.com. God bless
u sir]

Thanks for the compliment the thread is back on track sir. My contact details are there on my profile (just click on my name or check my signature)
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 11:35am On Aug 02, 2014
From OracleHex
Question: Is it adviceable to use solar power for
refrigerator/ac? i heard the
life span of the batteries is
reduced. How much power is
needed for refigerator?

That is not true.
Especially in the case of refrigerator. You can use solar power conveniently for deep freezers or standing fridge and it will last as it should if properly connected.

For air conditioning, it is impractical. The reason is cos of the cost of getting enough batteries to take the demand from the air conditioners

So yes you can use it for deep freezers and fridge. Very practical

Advisable not to use it for AC.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 11:38am On Aug 02, 2014
@
chimchim1
How do I get ur contact pls.
I'm interested in this.

Sir just check my profile and signature.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 11:41am On Aug 02, 2014
@
Etranshub
Question: can u make a borehole on a
land with cement formation?
Somewhere not far from
ewekoro in Ogun state

Of cos sir, with the appropriate drill and technique, drilling is possible on ANY surface even if it is steel cheesy

BUT
If what you are talking about is occurrence of Lime stone Note lime is not cement, it is only used in making cement. Absolutely, you can drill very good boreholes with Lime stone formation and get good water.
Lime stone is a sort of sedimentary rock formation and it occurs in nature in a lot of natural water sources and the water is always safe.

The disruption of the drilling process will make the water unsafe, but it is solvable. You dont have to worry.

Do you know water you get from such boreholes is even good for growth and development, it is rich in Calcium Carbonate. So cheers

1 Like

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by d33jy85: 11:48am On Aug 02, 2014
OgA DrealGeesam u never answered my question concerning d cost of drilling borehole in abuja... Also another nairalander asked about drilling in Ohuhu umuahia north lga abia I am also frum that area and a few years bak we did a survey n were told that d stone der was to hard and deep to drill and d cost wud b too high. Given ur expertise what wud be the best course of action
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 12:03pm On Aug 02, 2014
From d33jy85:
Question: OgA DrealGeesam u never
answered my question
concerning d cost of drilling
borehole in abuja... Also
another nairalander asked
about drilling in Ohuhu
umuahia north lga abia I am
also frum that area and a few
years bak we did a survey n
were told that d stone der was
to hard and deep to drill and d
cost wud b too high. Given ur
expertise what wud be the
best course of action

I am sorry for the late reply. I was picking the questions one at a time.

Answer: Drilling in abuja is relatively cheap because of the competition there. Average cost is 7000 per meter. So after carrying out a survey, you can easily determine how much it will cost you.

Concerning drilling in Ohuhu
umuahia, it is funny some drillers mislead people. NOTE: you can drill through ANY rock. You just need the right drills and it is not that expensive.

That is why i advise you use a hydraulic motorised rigs with air compression drive. With the proper hammer drilling bit, no rock can stand in it's way.

Sir, You can contact me through, olagokemuyiwa@yahoo.com

Below are pictures of a drilling job we did. We drilled through over 300feet of pure igneous rock (which is one of the hardest)
From the first picture, you can see the powderized rock the drill flushed out of the hole as it drilled.

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
From
baldeagle
Question: I live in Apata, Ibadan. What
will it take to have a borehole
drilled in this area? I had
difficulty in digging my well,
very hard, rocky land.

A good hydraulic drilling rig with compressed air drive will do the job.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2014
santakris
Following

Thank you sir. Check updates.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 12:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
From
solozo72D
Thanks a
Zillion for reviving this thread.
I was actually following it
before the data loss. Thought I
had lost it, but now its back.
Ignore the distractions and
advertisers and the buzus
(don't ask me who these are)
and just continue with the
thread. Ok? At least I learnt
from previous thread that I
don't need batteries for the
Solar pump. See...I still recall!
Thanks bro. Following keenly!

Thank you sir. Yes i am back and. Here to guide you through all you need to know about solar power, boreholes, pumps, inverters and alternative energy.

Lol @buzus
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 12:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
From
animasaun
Hello, I just ran through this
topic, am keenly interested as
am currently planning to sink
a borehole for my home use
located at Apete area in
Ibadan (Apete is behind The
Polytechnic Ibadan) your
candid advice and
recommendations will be
highly appreciated. I will like
to have a personal chat with
you on this if you won't mind.

Ok sir, you have to be specific on what advise u need.
Is it on the drilling
Or what is the best option forthe water pumping

You can get my contact details through my profile (just click on my name)
Thank you sir.

Please people let us share the problem openly so others can benefit and it would help to be specific so as to answer your enquiry with accuracy.
Thank you all wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinese 'Sharprite' Store Opens Right Opposite 'Shoprite' In SA (PICS) / Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business / GTBankā€™s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.