Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:31 PM

Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician (23627 Views)

Customs Boss, Dikko, Gives Resignation Notice To President Buhari / See The Exact Crate Umaru Dikko Was Found In At Stansted Airport In 1984 / Northern Politician In PDP States Are Only Deceiving Gej,no GEJ Poster On Displa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by oluamid(m): 3:37pm On Jul 01, 2014
anonimi:

The death of anyone should be an opportunity for those around him to EXAMINE his life for useful lessons from his acts of commission and ommission.
That is the way a society makes PROGRESS. We should not continue to wobble & fumble hoping & praying to God to fix our continuously never ending mistakes.
God did not come down to fix other societies, why will he come down to fix ours.

And berating Buhari will right all the wrongs with Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by esere826: 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
anonimi:

God did not come down to fix other societies, why will he come down to fix ours.

because we have Israelis in our East
Arabs in our North
and those that fell from the sky in our West

So we are extremely special beings
When we cry hard enough God will indeed come down to our rescue

All we need is to persevere in what we are doing
pray more and give more
and then sacrifice our brethens on the alter of religious and ethnic violence

das alllll

3 Likes

Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 01, 2014
The cat with nine lives has gone. RIP Umaru.
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by anonimi: 3:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
esere826:

You answered well
However, hope you get the thrust of my argument
especially if for example you consider what the state of Israel is capable of doing and has done

The state of Israel is permanently at WAR with its Arab neighbours who continue to NOT recognise its existence.
I hope you can agree with me that this was definitely NOT the case with Umaru Dikko.
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by anonimi: 3:41pm On Jul 01, 2014
oluamid:

And berating Buhari will right all the wrongs with Nigeria?

And where did you get the above idea from
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by anonimi: 3:41pm On Jul 01, 2014
esere826:

because we have Israelis in our East
Arabs in our North
and those that fell from the sky in our West

So we are extremely special beings
When we cry hard enough God will indeed come down to our rescue

All we need is to persevere in what we are doing
pray more and give more
and then sacrifice our brethens on the alter of religious and ethnic violence

das alllll

Nice sarcasm of our PATHETIC situation shocked
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by esere826: 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
anonimi:

The state of Israel is permanently at WAR with its Arab neighbours who continue to NOT recognise its existence.
I hope you can agree with me that this was definitely NOT the case with Umaru Dikko.

yep. I agree with u.
Makes me think that The man Buhar might have emerged with the mindset that Nigeria was permanently at war with corruption

Little did he know that corruption'R'us

umhh
he was waging a war against the rest of Nigeria
...if only he knew the difference between corruption and stealing

3 Likes

Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by anonimi: 3:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
esere826:

yep. I agree with u.
Makes me think that The man Buhar might have emerged with the mindset that Nigeria was permanently at war with corruption

Little did he know that corruption'R'us

umhh
he was waging a war against the rest of Nigeria
...if only he knew the difference between corruption and stealing

Buhari was/is and remains an EPITOME of corruption himself despite his PRETENSE to be otherwise.
Have you wondered what money he used to fund THREE presidential elections with judicial battles at the Supreme Court each time with SAN lawyers who do not come cheap

Let us not forget the missing money when he was Minister/Commissioner for Petroleum in the 70s.

2 Likes

Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
wasnt he a delegate at d ongoing confab? Lotsa deaths at da confab..there gotta be someghoulthingy at da confab. Whatever it is,it shudda left dora out...wish those freaks kicking against true TRUE FEDERALISM,RESOURCE CONTROL n REGIONALISM wud follow suit,pronto.. Nevertheless,rip..
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by oluamid(m): 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2014
anonimi:

And where did you get the above idea from

Read my initial post.
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by esere826: 3:58pm On Jul 01, 2014
anonimi:

Buhari was/is and remains an EPITOME of corruption himself despite his PRETENSE to be otherwise.
Have you wondered what money he used to fund THREE presidential elections with judicial battles at the Supreme Court each time with SAN lawyers who do not come cheap

Let us not forget the missing money when he was Minister/Commissioner for Petroleum in the 70s.

Naaa
while not holding forth for Buhari
I beg to disagree

Here in Nigeria
we have a special tool for identifying corrupt folks

The tool has a scale from 0 to 10
it is comparative, and has a number of indices

Many of us, you and I will fall under the very low percentiles
and so we won't be classed as corrupt (maybe we'll be described as 'steal-ers')

Abacha (prior to his centenary award) will most probably gross 10 on the scale
But Buhari is surely not up there

4 Likes

Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by anonimi: 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
oluamid:

Read my initial post.

I just read your initial post again.
HIGHLIGHTING Buhari's role in Umaru Dikko's life is useful as part of EXAMINING the late politician's life.
Do you think that is inappropriate
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by shejane: 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
Our Prayers are working

All boko haram members,sponsors,informants, will all die by fire
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by anonimi: 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2014
esere826:

Naaa
while not holding forth for Buhari
I beg to disagree

Here in Nigeria
we have a special tool for identifying corrupt folks

The tool has a scale from 0 to 10
it is comparative, and has a number of indices

Many of us, you and I will fall under the very low percentiles
and so we won't be classed as corrupt (maybe we'll be described as 'steal-ers')

Abacha (prior to his centenary award) will most probably gross 10 on the scale
But Buhari is surely not up there

You seem to have missed where/when Buhari said Abacha was not corrupt right here on NL:

karl max:

Babangida

- From Ibrahim Shuaibu in KanoViewed 1466 Times Rating: by 0 users
The late military Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha, did not loot the national treasury contrary to the general impression, two military former heads of state have said.

Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, who ruled Nigeria between 1983 and 1985, and his successor, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, gave Abacha the clean bill in Kano yesterday after the rememberance prayers marking 10 years of the death of Abacha, who ruled between 1993 and 1998.

Abacha was accused of stealing nearly £5 billion while in office, out of which over $1 billion has reportedly been recovered from various sources around the world.

But Babangida, who described Abacha as a “courageous, loyal and honest military head of state who stood for the unity and development of the country during his years in government”, has dismissed the allegations.

He said the looting allegations against Abacha were unfounded and baseless, stressing that “it is not true that he looted public treasury. I knew who Abacha was because I was close to him”.

Babangida said: “Abacha was a courageous person who stood firmly in handling the affairs of the country during his regime.”

He added that the regime of Abacha brought positive changes in the country which should have been emulated.

He said 10 years after the death of Abacha, his contributions to the nation’s economy remain indelible.

“There is no doubt, during his administration as head of state, Abacha contributed his best to the nation’s economy which we are still enjoying,” he said.

Babangida’s new position however contrasts with what he told Newswatch magazine in July 2000.

He had said: “The revelations [on Abacha’s loot] surprised me. I am surprised, because I didn't know.”

He had also explained that Abacha's death brought "relative stability", adding that "it gives us, oh well, let's see, there is hope after all".

Babangida, in that interview, also blamed the society for allowing Abacha to grow into the dictator he became.

"I feel bad that society failed to realise that they have a duty to protect whatever values they hold dear to their hearts as far as this country is concerned. At any rate, there are people I like and do respect those who stood against the regime, who are not military officers but civilians who are able to speak out. They didn't mince words and if their views had been heard, he wouldn't have [done enough harm]," he had said in response to a question.

[size=14pt]Buhari, in his own comments yesterday, described the allegations of looting against Abacha as “baseless”, because according to him, “ten years after Abacha, those allegations remain unproven because of lack of facts”.[/size]

While also commenting, former Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar, who took over when Abacha died on June 8, 1998, commended his predecessor for initiating Vision 2010, saying that the economic vision of the present administration termed Vision 2020 is a replica of Abacha’s 2010 initiative.

Abubakar also tasked Nigerian politicians to concentrate on how best to contribute to national development instead wasting time and money investigating their predecessors, adding that probing past administrations “does not yield anything positive to the nation and should be discouraged”.

Babangida also spoke on the probe of his government by the immediate past administration, saying: “We are still waiting for the outcome of the probe.”

The three former leaders sat close to one another during the special prayer session which started exactly 10am and lasted for over one hour at an open compound belonging to the family of the former head of state.

The prayer session was attended by former Abacha’s aides, Emirs of Hadejia, Gumel, Jema’a and Chief Fredrick Fasehun of Odua Peoples Congress (OPC).

https://www.nairaland.com/607825/abacha-never-stole-say-buhari

From a man who crated Umaru Dikko WITHOUT due court process to prove the allegations of corruption against him since the allegations remain "unproven because of lack of facts" shocked shocked
Is that not plain CLUELESS or simply being a confirmed HYPOCRITE

1 Like

Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by oluamid(m): 4:09pm On Jul 01, 2014
anonimi:

I just read your initial post again.
HIGHLIGHTING Buhari's role in Umaru Dikko's life is useful as part of EXAMINING the late politician's life.
Do you think that is inappropriate

Well, this EXAMINATION is looking more like a Buhari abuse parade. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Buhari is wrong or right.
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by anonimi: 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
oluamid:

Well, this EXAMINATION is looking more like a Buhari abuse parade. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Buhari is wrong or right.

I have no qualms saying & showing that Buhari is wrong and will continue to highlight how wrong he is in so many ways vis-a-vis the LAWLESSNESS and the real/deceptive widespread CORRUPTION that has characterised our country for so long.

If you or anyone else continues to revert to the initial comments I made on Buhari's role in Umaru Dikko's life I will be obliged to further examine and explain that role, particularly seeing as he wants to get back to rule us yet again.
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by esere826: 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
anonimi:

You seem to have missed where/when Buhari said Abacha was not corrupt right here on NL:

I also recall Ribadu's recent position on some of those he had previously said were corrupt

Our saints in Nigeria are quite messy
just like the biblical Moses was

..but they're all we've got
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by anonimi: 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
esere826:

I also recall Ribadu's recent position on some of those he had previously said were corrupt

Our saints in Nigeria are quite messy
just like the biblical Moses was

..but they're all we've got

Not quite......WE have OURSELVES and we are MORE than "they" are.......Why are WE not doing more and waiting for some random un-Biblical Moses to save us
Why?

2 Likes

Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by esere826: 4:16pm On Jul 01, 2014
anonimi:
Not quite......[b]WE have OURSELVES[/b] and we are MORE than "they" are.......Why are WE not doing more and waiting for some random un-Biblical Moses to save us
Why?

well, I won't
I'd rather sit back, think, and propose workable strategies

...You probably should go forward. I might support you
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by mainman7(m): 4:20pm On Jul 01, 2014
Shine1177: RIP

RIP Sir. Such a wonderful man. A very good man indeed. Conversely to the actions of his orderlies and body guards, he gave me his contact card. And later as a university student, at his Asokoro house, gave me N150K and letter of recommendation to my state Governor then. Sir Barrister Umaru Dikko, You forever live in our hearts, RIP.

1 Like

Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by naptu2: 4:20pm On Jul 01, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by anonimi: 4:21pm On Jul 01, 2014
esere826:

well, I won't
I'd rather sit back, think, and propose workable strategies

...You probably should go forward. I might support you

I believe the bold red is what we need more at this time to encourage more understanding how we are & why we are how we are.
From there, naturally a critical mass for change will unfold and progress will continue hopefully at an accelerated pace.

1 Like

Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by Silensa(m): 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
hmmm rip
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by bigdoo: 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2014
R.I.P. - ROT IN PAIN

1 Like

Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by Aderupoko2: 4:41pm On Jul 01, 2014
Upon everything, death surely comes....only God knows if you will rest in peace. sad
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by shizzle11(m): 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
ok bye!
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by juman(m): 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2014
bigdoo: R.I.P. - ROT IN PAIN

Abi.

He should rot in hell.

A man of the generation without honour.
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
ULSHERLAN: This should be good news for Buhari. One down
Rip Umaru Dikko
i cn remember d kidnap
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by earthgreeners(m): 6:16pm On Jul 01, 2014
anonimi:

I believe the bold red is what we need more at this time to encourage more understanding how we are & why we are how we are.
From there, naturally a critical mass for change will unfold and progress will continue hopefully at an accelerated pace.

is jonathan corrupt?....
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2014
SAVED BABA: i cn remember d kidnap
only few people can
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by MajeMedia: 6:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
DivideUs:

And southern leaders are living forever abi?
idk why you're trying to be contrary, a lot of northerner leaders seem to be dying lately. in about a month 2 emirs dying is a lot, not to talk of the politicians
Re: Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician by Vansnickers: 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
anonimi:

One of the signposts of General Muhamadu Buhari's dictatorial LAWLESSNESS that knew no international boundaries and was unmindful of diplomatic protocol.
Yet, the HYPOCRITE and ETHNO-RELIGIOUS bigot was whipping his fellow compatriots, like cows, into obeissance of his CLUELESSLY selective War Against Indiscipline (WAI).
There was a country

Why are you so foolish? Does your father know, he raised an Ediot?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Inspects Road Constructions In Kwara State (photos) / Buhari Aide, Garba Shehu Mocks Oby Ezekwesili Asked "What Is Oby?" / Jos Crisis: Fayemi Evacuates Ekiti Students From UNIJOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.