Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

As The New Tariff Starts Today July 1st _ What Are The Alternatives - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As The New Tariff Starts Today July 1st _ What Are The Alternatives (1343 Views)

Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. / Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st / Tariff On Imported Tokunbo Cars Raised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As The New Tariff Starts Today July 1st _ What Are The Alternatives by cecegorz(m): 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
While I am sure that the merits/demerits of the new automotive policy has been severally discussed, the breaking news is that it has taken effect today, meaning that clearing fees has gone up from 20% to a whooping 70%!
The implication is that an average sedan of around 2007-2013 which attracts market prices ranging between 1.6m - 3m Naira can skyrocket between 3m-5m Naira in the next couple of weeks as new shipments arrive.

Now the question is, what are the available made-in-Nigeria sedans that can sell for less than 2m currently?
Note that all the low end sedans (picanto, cherry etc) are also imported and their prices too will be hit.
Re: As The New Tariff Starts Today July 1st _ What Are The Alternatives by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 02, 2014
Chai! I guess people will now take car maintenance more seriously.

2 Likes

Re: As The New Tariff Starts Today July 1st _ What Are The Alternatives by cecegorz(m): 11:42am On Jul 02, 2014
0rex: Chai! I guess people will now take car maintenance more seriously.

Lol.
I guess this is the best time to be a car technician.
Even body spray shops will likely have increased patronage, as every body will want to preserve their fleet to last longer.

1 Like

Re: As The New Tariff Starts Today July 1st _ What Are The Alternatives by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2014
cecegorz:

Lol.
I guess this is the best time to be a car technician.
Even body spray shops will likely have increased patronage, as every body will want to preserve their fleet to last longer.
grin grin
Re: As The New Tariff Starts Today July 1st _ What Are The Alternatives by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 02, 2014
Lets wait and hear from the dealers, sadly they are all still preaching the pre order gospel.
Re: As The New Tariff Starts Today July 1st _ What Are The Alternatives by z3us(m): 3:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
its been suspended......till further notice.....buh 35% still stands

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Photo: What Type Of Springs Are These In This Picture? / Please Who Knows About ATF For Volkswagen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.