Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC (1994 Views)

The Unethical Behavior Of IKEDC Employees / Moroco Recalls Ambassador In Nigeria Over Presidency Unethical Practices-bbc / The Unethical Publication Of The Pilot Newspaper On Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2014
The use of ethnicity,religion and mediocrity in the selection process of the New VC for UniAbuja is pathetic. "@Gwagz_Facts: Its still a bit of shock in UNIABUJA after the 3rd of the last 3 contestant was awarded the post of the VC. Adelabu is to hand over today.". Media report. Saleh Dauda is a senior Lecturer in the Department of
Political Science And International Relations,
University of Abuja. He is currently a member of the
on-going National Conference and here is what he
commented with in a post he made about the
emergence of Professor Michael Umale Adikwu as the
new Vice Chancellor of University of Abuja.
“I am not excited I rather adopt a wait and see
attitude what I am after good leadership that will be
fair to all.it is clear that religious sentiment took over
right from the selection process to the voting in the
council.I don't know who to blame.”
“Religious sentiment which started at the selection
process finally affected the voting pattern in the
council simple.”Lecturer. Reports have it that both David mark and the schools pro-Chancellor contributed in influencing his selection. #AlutaContinua.
Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 01, 2014
So?? What about the selection process?? If you don't have tangible thing to say, its rather nice you keep mute.
Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by nwaanambra1(m): 7:13pm On Jul 01, 2014
@poster

Its unethical because he is an Igbo man abi?

GO & DIE! baggar! angry
Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by IdomaLikita: 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
nwa.anambra:
@poster

GO & DIE! baggar! angry

Errrm! He's an Idoma man from Ijege, Edumoga, Okpokwu LGA of BENUE STATE-NORTH CENTRAL Nigeria Sir!

3 Likes

Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 05, 2014
He came 3rd after screening
Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 05, 2014
UniAbuja new VC in courtAccording to the lecturers the Candidate appointed as
the new Vice Chancellor of the institution happens to
be the third best among the candidates that were
considered as professor Umar Danbatta scored 87%.
Professor AbdulRaheem Adebayo Lawal scored 73%
while the appointed VC, Prof Michale Adikwu scored
64%.

Dr Raji Rasheed, Dr Muktar Muhammad and Dr Nkoli
Ifenyi remarked that the appointment of professor
Adikwu, a professor of pharmacy from University if
Nigeria Nsukka didn’t only ignore merit, but the newly
appointed VC also happens to be professor of
Pharmacy a course which is not currently offered by
the institution.
Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by seunfly: 8:12am On Jul 05, 2014
nwa.anambra:
@poster

GO & DIE! baggar! angry
Chai!!! Must everything be viewed from tribalistic aproach? Some times calm down and ask questions b4 u start this tribal sentiment.
Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 05, 2014
Students want the strike call off. But the New can't start work
Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 05, 2014
I was denied a teaching appointment into the General Studies Department of the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria in 2000 by Prof Abdullahi Mahdi then VC because I am Christian and from the South. What do you say about that?

2 Likes

Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 05, 2014
The. Trend is dangerous. I believe merit should be use always not ethnicity/religion
Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by mencade5(m): 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ibn sultan: The use of ethnicity,religion and mediocrity in the selection process of the New VC for UniAbuja is pathetic. "@Gwagz_Facts: Its still a bit of shock in UNIABUJA after the 3rd of the last 3 contestant was awarded the post of the VC. Adelabu is to hand over today.". Media report. Saleh Dauda is a senior Lecturer in the Department of
Political Science And International Relations,
University of Abuja. He is currently a member of the
on-going National Conference and here is what he
commented with in a post he made about the
emergence of Professor Michael Umale Adikwu as the
new Vice Chancellor of University of Abuja.
“I am not excited I rather adopt a wait and see
attitude what I am after good leadership that will be
fair to all.it is clear that religious sentiment took over
right from the selection process to the voting in the
council.I don't know who to blame.”
“Religious sentiment which started at the selection
process finally affected the voting pattern in the
council simple.”Lecturer. Reports have it that both David mark and the schools pro-Chancellor contributed in influencing his selection. #AlutaContinua.
maggot...in a.b.u. Zaria, professor Nok from southern kaduna was deprived of the position as vc in 2010 after he had won the votes if people to become the new vc. the muslim folks dont want a christian to head them or lead them. Craftily, they placed professor abdullahi, an unfit muslim as the new vc.

Uncontested.

Op get out of my sight!

1 Like

Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2014
mencade5: maggot...in a.b.u. Zaria, professor Nok from southern kaduna was deprived of the position as vc in 2010 after he had won the votes if people to become the new vc. the muslim folks dont want a christian to head them or lead them. Craftily, they placed professor abdullahi, an unfit muslim as the new vc.

Uncontested.

Op get out of my sight!
u most be daft
Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by mencade5(m): 12:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ibn sultan: u most be daft
that is the name of your father not me.

2 Likes

Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
mencade5: that is the name of your father not me.
pigin. Am only saying we should stop using mediocrity no offence intended
Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by mencade5(m): 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ibn sultan: pigin. Am only saying we should stop using mediocrity no offence intended
goat. The northerners with half bake eduatiobal training, bagging degrees through sentimental and nepotic characteriaztion are the sole upholders of mediocrities.

Which people use this vague term ''he is our own''? The north! Pushing every northerners to occupy a particular post without sheer knowledge of what it is.

Abomination.
Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2014
You people should respect whoever was made the VC. If you folks are not ok by it, then go and HANG or better still, go open a New University in Abj and make whosoever you chose, the VC.
Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 05, 2014
mencade5: goat. The northerners with half bake eduatiobal training, bagging degrees through sentimental and nepotic characteriaztion are the sole upholders of mediocrities.

Which people use this vague term ''he is our own''? The north! Pushing every northerners to occupy a particular post without sheer knowledge of what it is.

Abomination.
u are really insane
Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by Tobbie9(m): 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
Op stop wasting your time since the unethical selection doesn't favor a Northerner this time everyone is ok with it
Re: The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 06, 2014
Hmmm the students then will suffer from bad leadership

(1) (Reply)

Media Briefing By Army Public Relations 20/01/2015: Buhari Vindicated / Ahmed Lawan Faction Elevated Buhari Above The Rule Of Law / 11 OOU Students Died In Motor Accident.warning: Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.