Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,345 members, 7,860,887 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:08 PM

Nigeria Crash Out Of World Cup - What Next? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Crash Out Of World Cup - What Next? (475 Views)

Startimes and not DSTV To Show U-20 World Cup. What do you think? / Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League / Sunshine Stars Crash Out Of Champions League! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Crash Out Of World Cup - What Next? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
I have read this before the world began and i know its a gain to qualify for the world cup in Brazil.
For qualification Team Nigeria receive the sum of US$1.5 million for preparation costs (N244Million - 244,200,000).

Now for Crashing out of the World Cup #TeamNigeria should be expecting the sum of $9 million (N1.4Billion - 1,465,200,000.00).

The reward of the round of 16 in Brazil is quit big, but my concern is; what will the money be used for? Education, Security, Sport or others.
Although the Money is not in Nigeria Budget but it is better spending on something tangible and not falling into the hand of thieves.

One would have thought where the FG got money from to send much delegates to Brazil outside the National Budget; its from the US$1.5 million for preparation costs, this case is not example of how to spend such profit.

And Many Nigerian May not know this, but the Politician will be happy even though many Nigerian were sad about the crash-out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup#Prize_money

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

To Manchester United Fans / See Me See Something O / Wenger Hails Sanchez Signing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.