Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite (39139 Views)

Suarez Bite Function In Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) 2015? / See Matuidi's Tackle On Onazi And Its Aftermath / Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by bitterpenis(m): 7:19am On Jul 02, 2014
Worse indeed..professional tackle

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Guykhena(m): 7:20am On Jul 02, 2014
alekside: SMH 4 u! I hope you are not for real.

How can you in your right mind compare a tackle intended to end someone's career to a mere bite?

No be everything person dey take joke undecided
I smh for you tooo,,,
The tackle wasn't intentional,compared to Suarez vampire attack... undecided

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by eduxerxes: 7:20am On Jul 02, 2014
Truckpusher: The most painful part of the whole thing was the attitude of Keshi and the other players when the incident happened.They all stayed put as if it was a choir practice,I can bet you guys that if the players had rushed on Matuidi without any body contact whilst calling on the referee to do the needful and Keshi doing the same to the linesman, the outcome would have been different......but they all stayed put like it was normal ,after all in serious games of that nature anything can be used to disorganize your opponent.
My brother, u have said it all. Correctly on point. I luv ur opinion. Thats wђã†̥ they shuld have done...**sighs**
Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by PapiDShipCapt(m): 7:20am On Jul 02, 2014
Truckpusher: The most painful part of the whole thing was the attitude of Keshi and the other players when the incident happened.They all stayed put as if it was a choir practice,I can bet you guys that if the players had rushed on Matuidi without any body contact whilst calling on the referee to do the needful and Keshi doing the same to the linesman, the outcome would have been different......but they all stayed put like it was normal ,after all in serious games of that nature anything can be used to disorganize your opponent.
This was what I was complaining about after that very rough tackle on Onazi. Our players are failing to understand that once they are on that pitch, they should represent and look after each other in all situation.. Our players r too humble on the pitch jor...

Earlier on, a french player pushed Moses to d side line causing a heavy crash, n there d mumu went about putting a fake smiley up on his F**kn face. Why won't the french players gone for more rough tackles.

Check stats, after all d rough tackes conceded, france could only see just 1 yellow.

2 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 02, 2014
Guykhena: I smh for you tooo,,,
Someone stuck in his leg late into a challenge and you say it wasn't intentional?

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by justi4jesu(f): 7:25am On Jul 02, 2014
Football is not easy sha..but money is there grin
Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Guykhena(m): 7:26am On Jul 02, 2014
alekside: Someone stuck in his leg late into a challenge and you say it wasn't intentional?
He was going for the ball,he only miscaculated his footing resulting to the vicious tackle,,,compared to Suarez in which no ball was present,but he just lashed out on Chiellini for no reason,and this isn't his first time but the Third,so I don't see anything being worse than that..

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by iphedahyor(m): 7:26am On Jul 02, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Diego Maradona is right here. Matuidi went to destroy Onazi's leg. His tackle caused more harm. But, every one is quiet. He is African. If Mikel had done this to Benzema, he would have seen a red card.

FIFA has displayed how corrupt they are. Same goes to the English press.
well said,u've spoken my mind.
Nigeria could have won the match but the were robbed.Evra deserved a card for holding Osaze in the box.That would have been a penalty and a chance for the eagles.
Matuidi also deserved a red card not yellow.

2 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by PapiDShipCapt(m): 7:26am On Jul 02, 2014
Guykhena: I smh for you tooo,,,
How did u know it wasn't intentional oga, where u in his head?
That Matuidi was on a mission to cripple Onazi. U dont know the tactics of these white teams.

They knew what they were doing, and it worked out perfectly well for them..

4 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by BlackHuman(m): 7:28am On Jul 02, 2014
Matuidi's case was a tackle- a rough tackle.....it can happen in football.... But a bite?- c'mon that's bullshit!

2 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by ignis: 7:30am On Jul 02, 2014
youngice: the tackle was prepostrous
Ignis is lost.

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 02, 2014
youngice: the tackle was prepostrous

Explain yourself?

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Guykhena(m): 7:31am On Jul 02, 2014
PapiDShipCapt:
How did u know it wasn't intentional oga, where u in his head?
That Matuidi was on a mission to cripple Onazi. U dont know the tactics of these white teams.

They knew what they were doing, and it worked out perfectly well for them..
ok if they were indeed working on tactics why didn't they go for the SE star players who are a threath(like Emenike,Musa),why Onazi then? (See it doesn't make sense).
I still stand on the opinion,it wasn't intentional..
Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Edoblakky(m): 7:32am On Jul 02, 2014
I believe we got what we deserved! After Onazi was injured and the referee issued a light punishment, what did our boys do? Nothing! We think football is fairplay? This is exactly how Italy handled us at USA'94 world cup. They took out Amokachi and Amuneke while we played fair instead of taking out Baggio. When Onazi was taken out, I expect our players to take out Pogba. And if they take out Osaze, we should take out Benzema. We may cry all we like but football is not fair play.

10 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 02, 2014
Fuvk u fifa;fuvk deschamp(i use to respect him;but his usage of cheap tactics like this;displayed how dumb he's);fuvk matuidi(may thunda strike u );fuvk mikellis obilis(bench with seatbelt amd sofa awaits u at chelsea);fuvk yobo(old papa) and fuvk keshi more!

2 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 02, 2014
Feed me more:

Couldn't have said it better.

There's a clear bias when it comes to dishing out punishment to certain players, i see a pattern where European teams get light punishment for offense that will cost other continent players (Africa and South America) a sledge hammer punishment. This is just not right.

Matuidi should have been send off for that dangerous challenge on Onazi. Arjern Roben should have been given a retrospective punishment for diving to win a penalty against Mexico. But as usual FIFA will look the other way when the players happens to be from a certain continent.

Shame on Platini.
Shame on Sepp Blatter.
Shame on FIFA.

So on point..

3 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by omar22(m): 7:35am On Jul 02, 2014
Eze Promoe: FIFA belongs to the Europeans, others are invitees. Though I support Netherlands in this game but I don't see a European nation lifting this trophy.

Who told you FIFA belongs to the Europeans.... What a load of rubbish, actually The european football family despise FIFA, If FIFA is under the management of UEFA, every 2 tournaments will be held in Europe, SA, Japan and Korea will still be dreaming of hosting a world Cup and who do you think is piling the pressure on FIFA to strip Qatar the 2022 WC

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 02, 2014
Guykhena: He was going for the ball,he only miscaculated his footing resulting to the vicious tackle,,,compared to Suarez in which no ball was present,but he just lashed out on Chiellini for no reason,and this isn't his first time but the Third,so I don't see anything being worse than that..
I understand you though, but I believe reckless tackles which could lead to career ending injuries should also be punished retrospectively.

Btw, Suarez bite is not the worst in football. Some Players spit on their fellow players why some intentionally try to break another player leg when they lose it. Let's stop falling for the useless British press censure.

3 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by cannonnier(m): 7:42am On Jul 02, 2014
cescky: people sef .....swayed by every opinion left right and center,at least football involves the use of legs ,theres no 100 percent probability that when you throw in a challenge you wont catch the opponents leg, for goodness sake football is a contact sport and the rules says as long as you get the ball while making/trying to make a contact you cant be punished,(not saying matuidi got the ball tho,but there was intent) wheres the part of football that allows us use teeth, maradona has been known to habour bitternes against pele etc its probably coming from that angle
I just love sober people who are free of bigotry.
Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by omar22(m): 7:44am On Jul 02, 2014
Edoblakky: I believe we got what we deserved! After Onazi was injured and the referee issued a light punishment, what did our boys do? Nothing! We think football is fairplay? This is exactly how Italy handled us at USA'94 world cup. They took out Amokachi and Amuneke while we played fair instead of taking out Baggio. When Onazi was taken out, I expect our players to take out Pogba. And if they take out Osaze, we should take out Benzema. We may cry all we like but football is not fair play.

You couldnt say it any better!!! Since 1994 we have learnt sweet F*** A** If you watch Argentina vs Swiss, the aim of the Swiss players is to stop the Swiss in their tracks, take them out knowing thats so far you do not show your studs going into a tackle then its a yellow card!! the French guys tackle was miss timed. All these blame Blatter and FIFA is looney, Onazi went off, what did Coco the clown called Keshi do?

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by MaziOmenuko: 7:44am On Jul 02, 2014
amadice: .....shut up KESHI protested just dat d cameras did no pick it up....also d refree would hav issued a yellow card to any SE player who dare shout

Keshi didn't protest enough to get the attention of the cameras! The most annoying thing was that the SE players right on the pitch didn't do a single protest! Don't they see how spain and barca players crowd ref whenever such incidence occur? Evra held Osaze with two hands when Osaze went to nod the ball inside the penalty area and the ref ignored it! The incidence happened right in the prersence of the ref; yet no single SE player raised hands to appeal for a penalty! It was so glaring!
Onazi's injury collapsed our midfield and this goes to show it was a calculated attack! That wasn't the first time the french had tried injuring him. He survived the first assault. Did you see the french assaulting Mikel like that? No! Because the knew he was useless and harmless!

Abeg, make una no remind me of that game again!

4 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by nerodenero: 7:45am On Jul 02, 2014
Edoblakky: I believe we got what we deserved! After Onazi was injured and the referee issued a light punishment, what did our boys do? Nothing! We think football is fairplay? This is exactly how Italy handled us at USA'94 world cup. They took out Amokachi and Amuneke while we played fair instead of taking out Baggio. When Onazi was taken out, I expect our players to take out Pogba. And if they take out Osaze, we should take out Benzema. We may cry all we like but football is not fair play.
You seem too emotional about your submission and I totally understand your point.If our boys had gone for any dangerous tackle,I bet the Ref would have flashed red.My problem is Africa never learn at all.We seem lost in the Politics of football.CAF who happens to be our umbrella body is as corrupt as the continent with no voice.Until we reposition CAF to have a say in decision matters,there is no ending to all these nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Bwaal(m): 7:46am On Jul 02, 2014
papa_nnamdi: *eating hot okpa with soft agege bread*
*looks at thread and shakes head*
*carries chair outside thread to collect breeze*
rolling on the floor
Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by omar22(m): 7:47am On Jul 02, 2014
alekside: I understand you though, but I believe reckless tackles which could lead to career ending injuries should also be punished retrospectively.

Btw, Suarez bite is not the worst in football. Some Players spit on their fellow players why some intentionally try to break another player leg when they lose it. Let's stop falling for the useless British press censure.

Am sorry its a miss time tackle, When Bright Omokaro ended Algeria's Hamed Djamel's career we hailed him even gave him the nick name 10/10

2 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by maxlis097(m): 7:47am On Jul 02, 2014
Men, if it was in the EPL, even if the referee didn't give matuidi his marching orders...the FA disciplinary committee would have punished him severely. Its not too late for FIFA to dish out punishments on what I would call a deliberate attempt by Matuidi to injure Onazi.

2 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 02, 2014
omar22:

Am sorry its a miss time tackle, When Bright Omokaro ended Algeria's Hamed Djamel's career we hailed him even gave him the nick name 10/10
It still doesn't make it right.
Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by omar22(m): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2014
Mazi_Omenuko:

Keshi didn't protest enough to get the attention of the cameras! The most annoying thing was that the SE players right on the pitch didn't do a single protest! Don't they see how spain and barca players crowd ref whenever such incidence occur? Evra held Osaze with two hands when Osaze went to nod the ball inside the penalty area and the ref ignored it! The incidence happened right in the prersence of the ref; yet no single SE player raised hands to appeal for a penalty! It was so glaring!
Onazi's injury collapsed our midfield and this goes to show it was a calculated attack! That wasn't the first time the french had tried injuring him. He survived the first assault. Did you see the french assaulting Mikel like that? No! Because the knew he was useless and harmless!

Abeg, make una no remind me of that game again!

BOLD Blame that on your manager, who couldnt make the necessary adjustments

2 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Guykhena(m): 7:50am On Jul 02, 2014
alekside: I understand you though, but I believe reckless tackles which could lead to career ending injuries should also be punished retrospectively.

The spit thing comes from anger...
The "Break another player leg" thing comes out of frustration..
Now tell me were does Suarez bite come from?

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by omar22(m): 7:51am On Jul 02, 2014
alekside: It still doesn't make it right.

Yes it wasnt right, but it was a miss timed tackle, which is bound to happen in any football match
Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by kstyle2(m): 7:54am On Jul 02, 2014
FiFA has displayed how corrupt they are. Same goes to the English press.[/b][/color][/quote].....do people stil care what the english press talk about? Afterall, they said ashley young was in the class of cr7 and messi 2010....then i knew they had gone senile

2 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by PapiDShipCapt(m): 7:55am On Jul 02, 2014
Guykhena: ok if they were indeed working on tactics why didn't they go for the SE star players who are a threath(like Emenike,Musa),why Onazi then? (See it doesn't make sense).
I still stand on the opinion,it wasn't intentional..
Their defence line in one way or the other saw through that also plotting against a striker on the pitch could cause you a penalty. You tink say oyibo no get sense abi?

But their main threat was Onazi who was our power house around that midfield axis. In preparation to the next match there are series of video session in which players get to monitor they style/tactic of play of their opponent(s) with previous matches played. They knew Onazi was the source of potency around our midfield. Taking him out would reduce their struggle (thank God you saw the difference after he was stretched out)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Wins Olympic Silver Medal / "Neymar Is The Kim Kardashian Of Football" - Joey Barton Slams PSG Star / Xavi Tells Barcelona To Sign Cesar Azpilicueta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.