Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,106 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? (2347 Views)

Betrayal: What's The Way Out? / Sex And Betrayal / Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by vikel2104: 5:49am On Jul 02, 2014
In our families, work place and among our friends we have people we can trust and share our secrets with. But sometimes, we can be betrayed by those we trust. The experience of betrayal can be very painful especially when it comes from someone who you thought had your back. Yeah, he/she really had your back but instead of protecting it, he/she rather stabbed it. I haven't experienced any major betrayals in my life (and it's not something to wish for). But I've experienced cases where someone changes his word in front of another contrary to what was earlier agreed. That is, a breach of agreement. So, have you been betrayed before? How did you handle it? You may give details of the story surrounding the incident if you don't mind.
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by DesChyko: 6:19am On Jul 02, 2014
There is this guy named Chima. He is the brother to a househelp who assisted my grandparents living in a rural area for almost eight years during my much younger years.
It happened that when I came to fully reside in the East, after the loss of my grandmother, Chima began to come close to me. I couldn't deny him the chance, in appreciation of how his brother toiled for my grandparents.
He had access to food, money and even, room space in the house, since I'm almost always alone.
However, some of his qualities like being a careless talker, irrational actions and practically making reference to my father's wealth anytime I speak of money troubles tripped my patience with him, and eventually, I severed the ties, and kept my distance from him. That was almost three months ago.
There is also this well known homosexual, a palmwine tapper, whose escapades are frowned upon by the entire town. However, I maintain a friendly disposition towards this man, for his innumerable help materially, towards me. Never for once, had he spoken of such in my presence.
Two weeks ago, Chima spoke of a plan to attack him. I told Chima openly that if I get wind of the modus operandi, I will let the man know because he is my friend. Chima said nothing.
The next evening, there was a meeting at the market square for the youths. However, I just came back from work and was very very tired. Also, the youths were being too volatile and boisterous in their arguments or comments in a meeting, so I do not really look forward to such meetings. I stayed behind.
Later that night, my cousin who lives on the same family compound with me came to tell me what transpired at the meeting. He said that the homosexual man was attacked by the youths and his phone seized.
He also said Chima had said the attack is a revenge on the guys that the homosexual had taken advantage of, including me. Chima also said that he had been asking me to confess, but I refused.
As usual, I took my cousin's comments with caution, and went to verify from four other youths who were at the meeting. I eventually found out that even elderly men and women were present at the meeting, and the news of my alleged involvement with the homosexual had spread like wildfire around the market. I was totally devastated.
Each time I passed there, I feel people are looking at me strangely and two men have openly questioned me about it, to which I claimed ignorance.
I will have to change location soon. And as for Chima, I feel really worse, but I won't let my emotions lead my line of action.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by Redoil: 6:52am On Jul 02, 2014
To me betrayals, anger, fustration et al are part and parcel of human life. It all depend on how we handle it for it not to affect us negativly.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2014
At some point, everyone would experience betrayal either directly or indirectly from a human or a machine.

To answer your question, YES, I've been betrayed alot by my computer.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by hydeka: 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
RedClay:

To answer your question, YES, I've been betrayed alot by my computer.
your computer? It seems to be your best friend. What did it/he do?
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by Kanwulia: 9:53pm On Jul 02, 2014
Never!
I don't give people the slightest chance to!
Never by my loved ones!
We are ALWAYS TIGHT! cool

Forget CYBER RIFF-RAFFS ABEGGGGI! kiss
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by hydeka: 5:17am On Jul 03, 2014
There is this guy I do business with. He resides in another state so most of our transactions are through phone calls. From experience, I thought of him as a trustworthy person. So, two weeks ago I sent some money into his account for him to deliver something to me. But immediately the money entered his account, he stopped calling to tell me the progress of the transaction. Even when I decided to call, he rejected my calls and till date, no word from him again. I felt really bad but I've let it go. It wasn't a large sum anyway. I'll be wiser next time but no more deals with him of course.
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by Agrika: 10:16am On Jul 03, 2014
DesChyko: There is this guy named Chima. He is the brother to a househelp who assisted my grandparents living in a rural area for almost eight years during my much younger years.
It happened that when I came to fully reside in the East, after the loss of my grandmother, Chima began to come close to me. I couldn't deny him the chance, in appreciation of how his brother toiled for my grandparents.
He had access to food, money and even, room space in the house, since I'm almost always alone.
However, some of his qualities like being a careless talker, irrational actions and practically making reference to my father's wealth anytime I speak of money troubles tripped my patience with him, and eventually, I severed the ties, and kept my distance from him. That was almost three months ago.
There is also this well known homosexual, a palmwine tapper, whose escapades are frowned upon by the entire town. However, I maintain a friendly disposition towards this man, for his innumerable help materially, towards me. Never for once, had he spoken of such in my presence.
Two weeks ago, Chima spoke of a plan to attack him. I told Chima openly that if I get wind of the modus operandi, I will let the man know because he is my friend. Chima said nothing.
The next evening, there was a meeting at the market square for the youths. However, I just came back from work and was very very tired. Also, the youths were being too volatile and boisterous in their arguments or comments in a meeting, so I do not really look forward to such meetings. I stayed behind.
Later that night, my cousin who lives on the same family compound with me came to tell me what transpired at the meeting. He said that the homosexual man was attacked by the youths and his phone seized.
He also said Chima had said the attack is a revenge on the guys that the homosexual had taken advantage of, including me. Chima also said that he had been asking me to confess, but I refused.
As usual, I took my cousin's comments with caution, and went to verify from four other youths who were at the meeting. I eventually found out that even elderly men and women were present at the meeting, and the news of my alleged involvement with the homosexual had spread like wildfire around the market. I was totally devastated.
Each time I passed there, I feel people are looking at me strangely and two men have openly questioned me about it, to which I claimed ignorance.
I will have to change location soon. And as for Chima, I feel really worse, but I won't let my emotions lead my line of action.
eeya i feel for you, be consoled and try to forgive and forget
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by vikel2104: 5:13am On Jul 04, 2014
more comments...
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by GboyegaD(m): 6:22am On Jul 04, 2014
I have learnt to live beyond being hurt and now I tell my secrets to my heart. It's better it's between my heart and mind.
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by vikel2104: 3:38am On Jul 05, 2014
More comments...
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by SirBigH: 2:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
I've trained my mind to show little or no emotions when disappointments come in life, in relationship, in career and even in my leisure activities like watching my darling Arsenal FC go trophyless for 9years before the jinx was finally broken months ago with our triumph in the FA cup. However, there's this guy whom I call a friend back in school. If I enumerate how helpful I've been to him, then it will mean am blowing my trumpet. So I'll just skip that part. He betrayed my trust when I used his account for a certain scholarship money transaction. He was suppose to remit the cash to me but you won't believe he stopped taking my calls and wouldn't reply my text messages. Funny how the true nature of man will be known when money is involved. I had to let go after several attempts to persuade him to send the money to my account...... Now he's burned the bridge of like friendship, not because the money is too big, but because I value friendship and loyalty alot.
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by thankyouJesus(m): 9:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
SirBigH: I've trained my mind to show little or no emotions when disappointments come in life, in relationship, in career and even in my leisure activities like watching my darling Arsenal FC go trophyless for 9years before the jinx was finally broken months ago with our triumph in the FA cup. However, there's this guy whom I call a friend back in school. If I enumerate how helpful I've been to him, then it will mean am blowing my trumpet. So I'll just skip that part. He betrayed my trust when I used his account for a certain scholarship money transaction. He was suppose to remit the cash to me but you won't believe he stopped taking my calls and wouldn't reply my text messages. Funny how the true nature of man will be known when money is involved. I had to let go after several attempts to persuade him to send the money to my account...... Now he's burned the bridge of like friendship, not because the money is too big, but because I value friendship and loyalty alot.
I could rapport with you on this. There is this my friend that lend money from me, [use it to pay his school fees] he promised to pay back before march ending. I specifically told him that ''I am going to use the money early july''. Uptil now, stories upon stories. The form is closing by 7th july [GCE]. What pains me alot was his account of how he spent his holidays when among friends, ''I went to shoprite'', ''I bought this for my girlfriend'' etc. May God help me.
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by Mamaflex(f): 10:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
I have ooooo... Hmmmm!
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by Agybabe(f): 10:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
Human beings can be so frustrating but as this saying goes:

"Regrets and mistakes are memories made" by Adele.

Just don't trust man because they are so full of betrayal.

God alone can console us and be a faithful friend even till the end.
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by SirBigH: 12:15am On Jul 06, 2014
thankyouJesus:
I could rapport with you on this. There is this my friend that lend money from me, [use it to pay his school fees] he promised to pay back before march ending. I specifically told him that ''I am going to use the money early july''. Uptil now, stories upon stories. The form is closing by 7th july [GCE]. What pains me alot was his account of how he spent his holidays when among friends, ''I went to shoprite'', ''I bought this for my girlfriend'' etc. May God help me.

He just took advantage of the fact that we've left school and we are in different cities to hold my cash.... Sadly, I trust people easily, maybe that's my undoing. Sorry about your own disappointment. Some people don't deserve being extended goodness to.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by thankyouJesus(m): 6:39am On Jul 06, 2014
SirBigH:

He just took advantage of the fact that we've left school and we are in different cities to hold my cash.... Sadly, I trust people easily, maybe that's my undoing. Sorry about your own disappointment. Some people don't deserve being extended goodness to.
are you sure we are not related?
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by SirBigH: 10:16am On Jul 06, 2014
thankyouJesus:
are you sure we are not related?

Hehehehe. It's possible....
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 06, 2014
Yes, I have. I was able to forgive after some time but I will never forget. I moved on. I don't surround myself with backstabbers.
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by omawunmie85: 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
I have oo,by some friends who are closer to me than my family.en ve learnt a good lesson from it,TRUST NOBODY
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by STENON(f): 11:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
I Have plenty of them.......

Bt I'v learnt to make my very Inner Heart to be my Second companion in order to discuss my secret with....
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by vikel2104: 5:13am On Jul 10, 2014
comments...
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by kreamidiva(f): 10:13am On Jul 10, 2014
Hmmm...i'm still shocked at the betrayal of my SIL who i made my best friend and confidant. This one is heartbreaking and was aimed at shattering my marriage but I thank God for the kind of man i married. It's the more shocking because i don't have issues with this lady .

I will never forget this one and i know that betrayal would constantly confront her.

It is well....
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by vikel2104: 9:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
more comments...
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by thankyouJesus(m): 7:35am On Jul 17, 2014
front page mod
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by Lumpyy(f): 8:05am On Jul 17, 2014
kreamidiva: Hmmm...i'm still shocked at the betrayal of my SIL who i made my best friend and confidant. This one is heartbreaking and was aimed at shattering my marriage but I thank God for the kind of man i married. It's the more shocking because i don't have issues with this lady .

I will never forget this one and i know that betrayal would constantly confront her.

It is well....
Wow.....sounds very scary oo,thank God for ur hubby and b assured she will reap wat shes done!
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by kreamidiva(f): 10:31am On Jul 17, 2014
Lumpyy:
Wow.....sounds very scary oo,thank God for ur hubby and b assured she will reap wat shes done!

Its a promise, not a curse... she go reap am because God knows that I have not done any wrong to her to deserve what she did to me simply because I corrected her children.
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by vikel2104: 6:36am On Jul 25, 2014
comments...
Re: Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? by vikel2104: 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
Comments...

(1) (Reply)

Chinedu Ikedieze House N Cars & The Truth Behind Chinedu's Baby / Kitchen Cabinet And Wardrobe At His Peak / 3 Months Cheap Room In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.