Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Russian Social Media Users Are Campaigning Against The US Singer Demi Lovato - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Russian Social Media Users Are Campaigning Against The US Singer Demi Lovato (2446 Views)

Waje's Daughter, Emerald Takes Beautiful Selfie With US Singer Jordin Sparks / Davido Meets US Singer And Ciara’s Baby Daddy, Future (photos) / Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Russian Social Media Users Are Campaigning Against The US Singer Demi Lovato by oskaaay(m): 8:32am On Jul 02, 2014
Was reading through BBC trending articles when I stumbled upon a Celebrity-Political controversies post as a singer portray the president of Russia to promote GAY!

The article was titled "#BBCtrending: Putin's 'gay kiss' at Lovato gig" and the content goes does:

Russian social media users are campaigning against the US singer Demi Lovato after her concert at New York's gay pride event on Sunday featured a controversial use of an image of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

During a performance of Lovato's latest track Really Don't Care, two of her male backing dancers shared a kiss. One of them was naked except for a portrait of Vladimir Putin attached to his underwear. Shortly afterwards, hashtags about the event began trending in Russia.

See the controversial act in picture below:

Thousands tweeted #DemiHurtsRussianLovatics ("Lovatics" is how the singer's fans refer to themselves) to show their anger over the incident. #StayStrongPutin has also been used as a way of demonstrating support for the president. "I used to be neutral towards her, but now I'm totally disappointed," wrote one Russian on Twitter. "Now I feel like our country is one big family! Putin unites people!" said another.

The vast majority of Russian social media reaction was strongly against the Putin "gay kiss". But many of Lovato's fans expressed support for the singer. "I'm sorry but she's just standing up for gay rights. Putin's horrible towards the gay community and it's SO wrong." wrote one fan.

The singer herself took to her Twitter page on Monday to respond robustly to the deluge of negative tweets. Lovato denied accusations she'd used offensive language to describe Vladimir Putin, but added "I did have Putin struttin in a rainbow thong. Get your facts straight bitchesss."

What is your take on this article?

(1) (Reply)

Aremu Afolayan Caught Grabbing Bride’s Breast At Wedding / Neymar Steals Justin Beiber's Style / Man Caught Doing It With 3 Female Dogs And A Horse (VIDEO+PHOTOS )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.