Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) (99633 Views)

The Liberian Govt. Knew The Sawyer Might Have Ebola But Cleared Him Into Ng / Breaking News!! Ebola Kills Nigerian Nurse who treated the liberian victim. / BREAKING NEWS: The Woman That Treated The Liberian Is Alive, In ICU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by MCUsman(m): 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2008
What is today called the Liberian civil war lasted for over a decade. Although there was nothing civil about the barbarism, at least, that is how it is called. Some called it the "Liberian uncivil war." Maybe that description puts it closer to something that destroyed lives and shattered others. I witnessed it and felt it to the bone.

I have therefore decided to commit some time narrating my experience and giving Nairalanders some pictured insight to the war and reasons why such kind of war if fought in Nigeria would be disastrous.

The narration and pictures is brief and not in any specific order. It was pure madness: tribe against tribe, neighbor against neighbor, schoolmate against school mate

Perhaps my brief narration of what I saw and felt will help Nairalanders on the Politic Section to piece together reasons why tribalism can lead Nigeria to become a battlefield for human beings behaving so insane.
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by QuotaSyste(m): 12:31pm On Oct 06, 2008
Once your own illiterate ethnic group the awusas will continue to mismanage nigeria and using all tricks to arrest the development of others. Instigating religious riots and killing Igbos in yoiur northern enclave, seizing the government by force with the help of Britain and having the mentality of born to rule, refusing to come to table to review and amend the fake constitution they created, holding on to the oil resource of the Niger Deltans while milking their money to use and build Abuja, be sure that such war will befall your useless country nigeria again.

No other people are breeding and sounding the drums of war other than your northern nigeria's awusa/fulani peiople. Because with your misguided actions, you are seriously inviting others to war against you. You have to preach to your illiterate awusa leaders and tell them their evil in their faces. Let them know that they are the ones plunging nigeria into another civil war and not the other way round, and also let them to understand that the up coming war will not be like the former 67-70 war because this time, we shall bring the war to your various homes in northern nigeria. YOUR PEOPLE ARE BREEDING WAR BY THEIR WAYS OF MANAGING NIGERIA. TELL THEM.
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by Mpele(m): 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2008
@MC Usman. Where are the pictures you slowpoke!!!!!
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by MCUsman(m): 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2008
This militant believes by eating the heart of dead militant he can inherited his mystic powers. Such display of cannibalism was rampant throughout the period of the war.

Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by MCUsman(m): 12:45pm On Oct 06, 2008
QuotaSyste:

be sure that such war will befall your useless country nigeria again.

So you 9nijah sef.

Killing the wounded.

Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by MCUsman(m): 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2008
Victims of mortal attack close to the US embassy

Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by Fhemmmy: 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2008
How sad to see humans being treated like this.
With this horrifying pix, i am surprised that some Nigerians wont mind to go thru this, all in the name of breaking away.
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by Mpele(m): 2:13pm On Oct 06, 2008
Damn!! What the f***$%. Is that dude really eating human heart. This can only happen in Africa. If indeed people eat each other in West Africa, then I can see why most West Africans have left their home countries. I can see why the likes of Blackspade, tpia, kobojunkie etc left their countries. I can see why the Senegalese would rather die in the ocean trying to reach Spain. I would also leave, nobody would like to be killed and eaten.
So, what the hell is happening to those ladies, are they dead or what?
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by Jakumo(m): 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2008
Mpele war is ugly, as any of your ex-combatant ANC comrades in South Africa will attest.   The barbarity of front line combat knows no geographical boundaries, and similarly harrowing footage and still photos of summary mass executions and torture have emerged from the Bosnian war as well as many other conflicts before that, going back in time to Viet Nam and earlier.   

Since I have been accused of being a disciple of the Legendary Mpele, I will now sieze the chance to diplomatically distance myself from your sphere of influence by reminding you that South Africa, like Nigeria and most of the African continent, still teems with people who are DEEPLY superstitious and who think wealth or magical protection is possible with the sacrifice of human beings.  Nigeria's Juju Man is indistinguishable from the South African Sangoma, in that their stock-in-trade is the deception and fleecing of the gullible with promises of performing the impossible.
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by Fhemmmy: 2:40pm On Oct 06, 2008
Mpele:

Damn!! What the f***$%. Is that dude really eating human heart. This can only happen in Africa. If indeed people eat each other in West Africa, then I can see why most West Africans have left their home countries. I can see why the likes of Blackspade, tpia, kobojunkie etc left their countries. I can see why the Senegalese would rather die in the ocean trying to reach Spain. I would also leave, nobody would like to be killed and eaten.
So, what  the hell is happening to those ladies, are they dead or what?

This can happen anywhere in the world where there is war, cos with war;
1. There is no food to eat, cos you cant go out to buy food and no stores are open, and no farming, so no food nor drink.
2. In war, people kill each other and no one is immune to it.
So we need to hate war and do all to prevent it.
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by tpia: 2:55pm On Oct 06, 2008
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by Angelheart: 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2008
For CRYING out loud.  Why is GOD on leave?This is senseless man!! look at those kids?? Nobody deserves to die like this?? WHat can we do to change Africa?

Mpele stop being an arsehole! Come on now!! This shit can happen anywhere. Just be thankful that ur ancestors were lucky enough to settle in SA. Whith all this political Mumbo Jumbo that is posessing the ANC, this shit reminds me of a foreigner that was burn in SA several months ago.  Even animals don't behave like this.
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by deor03(m): 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2008
NO to war , in all it's ramifications.

Human beings loose their minds during wars and it is not a function of the person race or origin.

If civil war breaks out in UK or USA today, what you'll get won't be that different from what happened in Liberia

1 Like

Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by MCUsman(m): 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2008
The Militants

Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by MCUsman(m): 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2008
Talyor's kids

Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by MCUsman(m): 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2008
Militants patrolling the street of Monrovia

Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by MCUsman(m): 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2008
Members of the LORDS resistance army

Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by bawomolo(m): 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2008
Mpele:

So, what the hell is happening to those ladies, are they dead or what?

this can happen anywhere, cannibalism isn't restricted to africa alone. the spanish civil war was this gruesome. worse have happened in latin america too. you are just one jealous hateful south african.
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by nigeria12: 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2008
so there are leaving liberia, do you think it is not wise to just move the UN peace keeper as they leave liberia to all the state of southern Niger benue of nigeria were rebels  are and because of the census , there may be a outbreak of war if the nigeria govt does not redo the census,  ? What do you think MC

This way the UN does not have to fly back people to west africa. they just leave liberia and head towards nigeria. habi,.
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by Jakumo(m): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2008
I sometimes wonder how the octogenarian inventor of the AK47 assault rifle, Mikhail Kalashnikov, must feel when he sees pictures such as these Liberian battlefront shots, which always confirm that his baby is the most widely distributed light weapon in existence, easily hefted, aimed and fired full-auto to devastating effect by a nine-year old, and responsible for millions of deaths worldwide since its invention in 1947.
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by Eziachi: 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2008
Horrible and horryfying pictures of what man is capable of doing when sanity goes on holiday.

But I am not the horrified as most will be because I saw far worst inside Biafra.  Nigerian soldiers did far worse inside Biafraland than what you are seeing here. On the 10th of February 1970 my immediate senior brother was executed by Nigeria soldiers right in front of my parents, after he walked almost two weeks without food from Ogoja back to Orlu in the present day Imo state after the so called end of hostilities was signed.

His crime was he was wearing a combo army trouser, which was the only item of clothing he had remaining on him from his dangerous journey home, despite no weapons and explanation and was few metres away from home before they accorsted him and took him home and executed him in front of the whole traumatised town to shown others an example of what losing the war means and he was only 21 and I was just 19 but fought on different sector in Ogoja but successfully made it home on the 21st of Febraury 1970.

I have heard some Nigerians saying it was just a war and these things happens. Killing civilians mostly women and children or an unarmed person is not bravery, just outright cowardice.  So hold their crocodile tears because your fathers, brothers, uncles and your war heros did far worse inside Biafraland.

3 Likes

Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by Eziachi: 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2008
Fhemmmy:

How sad to see humans being treated like this.
With this horrifying pix, i am surprised that some Nigerians wont mind to go through this, all in the name of breaking away.

No one was breaking away when these thing happened in Liberia, so don't bring the usual blackmail and use of fear.
Rather this can happen in Nigeria if people like you continue to stagnant peaceful separation just as it happened in Bosnia/Serbia or Ethiopia/Eritrea but the wise Soviets or Czechslovakia did it peacefully.
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by tpia: 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2008
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2008
bawomolo:

this can happen anywhere, cannibalism isn't restricted to africa alone.   the spanish civil war was this gruesome.  worse have happened in latin america too.   you are just one jealous hateful south african.  

Dont mind the guy, What is the AIDS rate in South Africa? Every country has problems of their own
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by bawomolo(m): 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2008
Jakumo:

I sometimes wonder how the octogenarian inventor of the AK47 assault rifle, Mikhail Kalashnikov, must feel when he sees pictures such as these Liberian battlefront shots, which always confirm that his baby is the most widely distributed light weapon in existence, easily hefted, aimed and fired full-auto to devastating effect by a nine-year old, and responsible for millions of deaths worldwide since its invention in 1947.

he is actually proud of his invention. he has offered a reward for anyone that can produce a more rugged massively produced weapon.
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2008
bawomolo:

he is actually proud of his invention. he has offered a reward for anyone that can produce a more rugged massively produced weapon.
Yes he is proud of his invention, but what does he think about child soldiers using his weaponry?
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by SeanT21(f): 4:56pm On Oct 06, 2008
I am so happy that my country has bounced back. We are doing better now. I went through 2 wars in Liberia. I was so happy that I never witness the Civil War. I was out before it happen.
Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by MCUsman(m): 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2008
A lords member burnt alive

Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by MCUsman(m): 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2008
More innocent victims lay dead cry cry cry cry cry

Re: Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) by nigeria12: 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2008
Smart Nation think ahead, this is what leadership is about. It is important to note that democracy is one man , one vote, and nobody should be allowed to have 3 vote. One man 3 vote is against God and democracy.

I now call on the national assembly of nigeria and the senate and the USA, UK and the United nation and other countries to step into the issue of the census fraud and ask for the arrest of Mr Makama. 

If you do not do so , Nigeria would end up like other africa countries were lack of leadership ability to think ahead and avoid trouble end up in civil war.

It is a wise think to do and a godly thing to do , to save the life of millions of people. Long live africa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Billionaires That Own Private Jets In Nigeria(photos) / PDP Presidential Primary Election: Live Updates, Results And Situation Report / Ajimobi Hasn’t Been Disconnected From Life Support But He's Gone- Fisayo Soyombo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.