Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues (3783 Views)

My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! / 1999 Chevrolet Venture Fuel Consumption High And Power Steering Leakage. / Guys, Pls How Reliable Is Mazda 3 (2003) Is? Want To Get One... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 02, 2014
Good afternoon my friends in the car talk Sulataan,ikena,sienna e.t.c
You are all welcome

I have a Chevy venture 2003 limited edition
With issues that started some weeks back

Car is a Chevrolet venture 2003
Vin: 1GNDV03E33D166611
3.4Liter 3400 SFI V6 Engine
All wheel drive
4-SPD auto Tranny
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 02, 2014
This car head been well taken cared of and service abroad under warranty and of warranty by the dealers
because am the previous owner is known to me
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 02, 2014
This days it started behaving funny

Once you crank the engine after a long stall or park. 12hours or more ..it kicks after d 3rd trial .Note it doesn't do like dis b4... Then it kicks and makes some sounds like krak krak krak inside d engine ...dn after 10secs it settles and d sound disappears . It runs roughly like the plugs are bad . after an extra minute everything seems fine like a brand new car... Even when you Rev it sounds cool
2ndly: Once you engage in Drive it jerks you hear A sound like two pots hitting each other from the transmission.Note:the sound only comes once on every cold start...
The car runs fine and moves like a v6 should
Changes from 1-2-3-4 on a smooth role
Now we have two sounds from the Engine and Tranny
I kicked it dis morning and allowed it to get warm
Moved it to drive
And noticed a change in rpm upwards..Dan I released my legs with out even touching the throttle and it was moving on a weird speed even changing gears with out acceleration.

Please your help and advice is welcomed

Tho I will scan it soon wink cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by tyoseni(m): 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
Readone3.5L:
This days it started behaving funny
Once you crank the engine after a long stall or park. 12hours or more ..it kicks after d 3rd trial .Note it doesn't do like dis b4... Then it kicks and makes some sounds like krak krak krak inside d engine ...dn after 10secs it settles and d sound disappears . It runs roughly like the plugs are bad . after an extra minute everything seems fine like a brand new car... Even when you Rev it sounds cool
2ndly: Once you engage in Drive it jerks you hear A sound like two pots hitting each other from the transmission.Note:the sound only comes once on every cold start...
The car runs fine and moves like a v6 should
Changes from 1-2-3-4 on a smooth role
Now we have two sounds from the Engine and Tranny
I kicked it dis morning and allowed it to get warm
Moved it to drive
And noticed a change in rpm upwards..Dan I released my legs with out even touching the throttle and it was moving on a weird speed even changing gears with out acceleration.
Please your help and advice is welcomed
Tho I will scan it soon wink cheesy cheesy grin

Do the bolded as am sure the Check Engine will be ON. Then we start from there.....
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
I just have service engine soon but all same

1 Like

Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2014
But is der anitin u guys can share about or a tip of wats wrng
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by mayor2013: 5:57pm On Jul 02, 2014
Since you have the service egine soon light on go ahead to run a comprehensive scan.call 08156087872 or 08165520837 to scan that ride of yours. And as for the sound you hear when you engage your gear. Am looking at a case of your transmission mounts and your engine mounts. As for the noise you hear inside the egine am looking at your crank shaft going bad.

What type of oil did you use to start with the" krakrakra noise" grin
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 02, 2014
It uses d recommended 5W-30 oil
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by sultaan(m): 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
Readone3.5L:
I just have service engine soon but all same

Back up to the time when it was running smooth, did you by any chance give it to a mechanic to touch or maybe your wife did without your knowledge. Its important to know what happened just before wahala started
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
No bro
The car has been reliable and good
Took it out today .it was fine with all does sounds missing and gears selecting fine no jerk
And gave it another shot tonight 'twas fine
So I don't even know what to do am supposed to scan it .but gave it to a friend am yet to collect it back
Inside me I know the car is not fine and the car was serviced with sharlu 20w-40 I guess in d last service
So I guess d oil is thick or lite too circulate dts y it sounds like dt on cold starts
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 19, 2014
vehicle was scanned today with my elm327. scanner results below
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 19, 2014

Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
Dont just read and ignore. Drop by and share what u av 2 say
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by sultaan(m): 5:52pm On Jul 19, 2014
You may have just solved the problem now find it both heaters showing on O2 indicates something wrong with wiring so follow the wires from the sensor to harness and find if it is touching any exhaust pipe and melted or damaged when the find the O2 heater fuse in the engine bay it should be burnt a stripped wire will cause that.

For misfire switch coil form that cylinder to another to isolate if its either coil or plug
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
Selling d car anytime
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by mayor2013: 8:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
Selling car. There are so many things that can cause misfire. @ op guess you called me sometime ago. With a misfire code there your car can never run fine. I would just advice you get a competent auto electrician so as to fix the issues for you. They might look small but very technical
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by gaby(m): 11:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
Hope you didn't undo your thermostat lol
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 28, 2014
gaby: Hope you didn't undo your thermostat lol

Not at all
Thermostat is still installed grin grin grin
Have gotten a pilot that's why am selling can't keep 3cars
I a dodge charger too
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
The problems with the o2 sensor were the cables
It has been fixed long ago
And the plugs were changed too
It works well , I wiped the codes and for like a month no check engine light

Until October 13 2014 , took the car out , I wanted to climb a bridge , then a sudden loss of power came, I got of the bridge safely without hiting any car, decided to crank her , but no sign of life, I checked the battery it was charged , then rain came , I had to push dt heavy chevrolet in the rain with some road side boys because of my oga Them Road safety and lastma ,I no fit Do explanation for them

She was later towed home
Thank God the next day was saturday
I decided to troubleshoot the vehicle
I swapped the battery with that of my honda pilot
Still no crank
I Scanned it with my tool , no code, I was thinking it was the ecu but since the scanner could communicate I moved my mind away.
Called an electrician
He switched on the ignition and cranked it under the hood from the kick starter , the engine was rolling but no sign of it starting
I tried starting it with the key , but it won't even make a sound
Help
But I think its an electrical issue
. She has been parked since october Because have been very busy
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 11:44pm On Dec 18, 2014
Decotech Autosbay Lomomike Gazzuzz CityNg Sienna ikenna351 chucky234 Fulaman198 e.tc

Please help
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:34am On Dec 19, 2014
Ecu is fried.
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 10:23am On Dec 19, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
Ecu is fried.

for Real
what can be the cause of this. no wrong connection was made or short circuit
But the car can be scanned and the dash lights work including all car electronics, it just won't kick

currently at work ,i will make enquiries for the ECU later in the day

Thanks
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by DECOtech(m): 8:20pm On Dec 19, 2014
Readonee35L:
Decotech Autosbay Lomomike Gazzuzz CityNg Sienna ikenna351 chucky234 Fulaman198 e.tc

Please help

Does your engine turn when you are tryn to start?
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2014
DECOtech:

Does your engine turn when you are tryn to start?

He switched on the ignition and cranked it under the hood from the kick starter , the engine was rolling but no sign of it starting
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
Readonee35L:
The problems with the o2 sensor were the cables
It has been fixed long ago
And the plugs were changed too
It works well , I wiped the codes and for like a month no check engine light

Until October 13 2014 , took the car out , I wanted to climb a bridge , then a sudden loss of power came, I got of the bridge safely without hiting any car, decided to crank her , but no sign of life, I checked the battery it was charged , then rain came , I had to push dt heavy chevrolet in the rain with some road side boys because of my oga Them Road safety and lastma ,I no fit Do explanation for them

She was later towed home
Thank God the next day was saturday
I decided to troubleshoot the vehicle
I swapped the battery with that of my honda pilot
Still no crank
I Scanned it with my tool , no code, I was thinking it was the ecu but since the scanner could communicate I moved my mind away.
Called an electrician

Help
But I think its an electrical issue
. She has been parked since october Because have been very busy

@ bolded, ECU = fried. Sorry bro, buy another ecu.
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 9:33pm On Dec 19, 2014
lomomike:

@ bolded, ECU = fried. Sorry bro, buy another ecu.

Huh okay
But what can cause An ecu to get fried , since there was no wrong connection made or short circuit , or providing wrong amount of voltage to the vehicle
Can it just get fried on its own
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
Readonee35L:

Huh okay
But what can cause An ecu to get fried , since there was no wrong connection made or short circuit , or providing wrong amount of voltage to the vehicle
Can it just get fried on its own

Car running without battery can cause an ECU fry, wrong battery connection/disconection procedure also, water breaching any wire terminals can cause short circuit which can kill ECU,
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 9:49pm On Dec 19, 2014
lomomike:

Car running without battery can cause an ECU fry, wrong battery connection/disconection procedure also, water breaching any wire terminals can cause short circuit which can kill ECU,

Nawa oh
All dis surprise car issues,
Anyone who can get exact ecu for me will be appericiated
Including price
Car details is above including Vin
Thank you Very much Lomomike and Gazzuzz I appreciate
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by sultaan(m): 4:58pm On Dec 20, 2014
No on that. I will find a video by scannerdanner on YouTube dealt with one of this a bad cop or or ask sensor
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 8:58pm On Dec 20, 2014
sultaan:
No on that. I will find a video by scannerdanner on YouTube dealt with one of this a bad cop or or ask sensor
okay thanks
i'll be expecting you
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by sultaan(m): 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY4TzfacFkI

Your starter works just check for signal at ignition switch.

If it was a crank no start then you look for crank or cam sensor signal.

Start with ignition switch or the relay for the switch by swapping with the same type relay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpkDW2zUCms

Here is another testing method
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2015
After abandoning this motor for like 8-9 months
No time

I think it's time to fix it

First of all kick starter. Is bad,
d electrician is bringing that out now, it must be fixed before we can goto the next step

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Camry Aka Big Daddy 04-05 More Expensive Than EOD Same Year? / Bmw E39 For Sale / What Is Best Transmission And Engine Oil For ACURA MDX 02?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.