Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues (3799 Views)

My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! / 1999 Chevrolet Venture Fuel Consumption High And Power Steering Leakage. / Guys, Pls How Reliable Is Mazda 3 (2003) Is? Want To Get One... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
cool

Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
God is Good I was thinking I was going to spend thousands on this chevrolet venture Today
But God they my side

After installing the kick starter back,
It still won't crank many people told me about the ecu being damaged e.g lomomike, gazzuzz e.t.c
That was my thought too
The electrician checked the fuse in the engine bay, he said everything was alright, then he entered the car and checked the fuse box on the passenger side, and checked the ignition switch fuse, he discovered it was blown, he inserted another fuse in it, Gbam it cranked and it came up, just like that after 8-9months
Tho I didn't attend to the car because of me being busy and also having a replacement vehicle
Though she needs lots of adjustments and tweaking but she runs fine, took her for a spin, I wasn't impressed, am used to better vehicles lol
I'll post a video later of it running
Thanks guys for ur help
And am also happy I didn't waste money in replacing the ecu

Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by sultaan(m): 7:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
Readonee35L:
God is Good I was thinking I was going to spend thousands on this chevrolet venture Today
But God they my side

After installing the kick starter back,
It still won't crank many people told me about the ecu being damaged e.g lomomike, gazzuzz e.t.c
That was my thought too
The electrician checked the fuse in the engine bay, he said everything was alright, then he entered the car and checked the fuse box on the passenger side, and checked the ignition switch fuse, he discovered it was blown, he inserted another fuse in it, Gbam it cranked and it came up, just like that after 8-9months
Tho I didn't attend to the car because of me being busy and also having a replacement vehicle
Though she needs lots of adjustments and tweaking but she runs fine, took her for a spin, I wasn't impressed, am used to better vehicles lol
I'll post a video later of it running
Thanks guys for ur help
And am also happy I didn't waste money in replacing the ecu

It is rarely the ecu your ignition fuse went out because someone was doing things wrong. Before any electrical part is worked on they are required to disconnect negative terminal of battery.
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
sultaan:

It is rarely the ecu your ignition fuse went out because someone was doing things wrong. Before any electrical part is worked on they are required to disconnect negative terminal of battery.
hmmmm...
nobody did anything wrong, car died in motion
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 8:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
So
Am listing the issues that are meant to be fixed

Changing the shocks they are all dead I later discovered that the rear uses air suspension, I think the cables must have been destroyed because I can see lots of tiny wires that are cut at the back beside the exhaust , if I cnt fix it i'll change it to normal spring setup since it's not an offroad vehicle

Propeller - if you speed to about 80kmph you feel this vibration in the middle and makes movement to be rough, very bad vibration

Body work and repaint, lots of rust all over the sides and under

The car is so thirsty omg, more like I get 8mpg, I scanned it with my scanner today
I got p0135 o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1, p0137 o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2, I will check both harness if they are burnt or bad I fix the cable but if it's good I change the sensor I heard it's not really expensive,

I also have multiple cylinder misfires i'll check the plugs if not that we check the coil too

I also have an abs code but brake works fine i'd have scanned that but what I have is just a elm327 bluetooth scanner

Is this car worth fixing, I don't really drive it tho, I use my pilot all the time and am also getting my srt8 soonest insha allah

Lomomike,siena,gazzuzz, sultaan, decotech, e.t.c i'll be glad if I can get some tips

An estimate of cost will also be appreciated from anyone on can fix it
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 8:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
I also want to know if its possible for this car not to have a catalyst in it and it won't throw a code for that,
Tho the exhaust is leaky i'll fix that but it still sounds somehow deep
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
Bro, do you really love this car? Yes or No.
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by sultaan(m): 11:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
You said multiple misfire but no cylinders indicated. Both bank 1 o2 affected is either the cylinder on band 1 are the culprit or the wires might be burnt on the exhaust manifold I will check into the drive line issue but turning things by hand will point at some worn components
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by sultaan(m): 1:35am On Jul 25, 2015
You will have to put the van on a lift and drive with the with the wheel spinning in the air and check for the noise but putting it on a lift gear in neutral and turning the wheel and shaft can reveal it too but got high speed vibration you can try it with no load on suspension component

I think it is a bad wheel bearing or worn u joint on drive shaft
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 6:02am On Jul 25, 2015
sultaan:
You said multiple misfire but no cylinders indicated. Both bank 1 o2 affected is either the cylinder on band 1 are the culprit or the wires might be burnt on the exhaust manifold I will check into the drive line issue but turning things by hand will point at some worn components

The cylinder misfire codes always come in this p0302,p0301 and sometimes p0300
I'll have my mechanic checkout the harness of the o2 sensor like you said, the cars engine bay is very tight so no space for a noobie like me to check
the drive line issue I think is from the drive shaft, I have a Awd disabled light
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 6:03am On Jul 25, 2015
lomomike:
Bro, do you really love this car? Yes or No.
Yes na
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 25, 2015
Readonee35L:
Yes na
Why do you love it?
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 25, 2015
Readonee35L:

The cylinder misfire codes always come in this p0302,p0301 and sometimes p0300
I'll have my mechanic checkout the harness of the o2 sensor like you said, the cars engine bay is very tight so no space for a noobie like me to check
the drive line issue I think is from the drive shaft, I have a Awd disabled light

P0302= cylinder 2 misfire
P0301= cylinder 1 misfire
P0300= catalytic converter below threshold/random cylinder misfire.

For P0300, you are getting a misfire and 99% of the time you need a tune up plugs and wires and clean your throttle body, for P0302 and P0301 check the cables, coilpacks (if it has), plugs etc
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 8:26am On Jul 25, 2015
lomomike:

Why do you love it?
Because it has a Good performance for a mini Bus, Ice cold air con,
Good interior build quality,
Tho the car is not reliable I must say, it's one problem or the other, I only enjoyed it for like 3-4 yrs
I once had an issue when the Engine rockers bolt got worn out in the engine and it started making noise, it was later opened and heli-coiled tho
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by Readonee35L(m): 8:32am On Jul 25, 2015
lomomike:

P0302= cylinder 2 misfire
P0301= cylinder 1 misfire
P0300= catalytic converter below threshold/random cylinder misfire.

For P0300, you are getting a misfire and 99% of the time you need a tune up plugs and wires and clean your throttle body, for P0302 and P0301 check the cables, coilpacks (if it has), plugs etc
Thanks a lot, I appreciate
I'll check on them with my mech today, I know it needs a Tune up
Re: Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues by sultaan(m): 10:24pm On Jul 25, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bmw E39 For Sale / Dubai Rich Kids Show Off Pictures Of Their Flashy Cars. / Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.