Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:08 AM

My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! (1910 Views)

Chevrolet Venture 2003 Is Having Issues / Guys, Pls How Reliable Is Mazda 3 (2003) Is? Want To Get One... / Audi A6 Vs Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 (end Of Discussion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! by Totfulguy: 11:47pm On Nov 14, 2014
I recently bought a Honda Accord 2003 (I mean in the last 3 weeks). Its a 4 cylinder (or so I think) and has a 2.4 liter engine. I have noticed that the fuel consumption is very high. I fill my tank on Sunday Evening, drive to work from Alapere where I stay to the Island and by Wednesday the tank is empty.
Can someone please advise on what I should do? And can someone suggest a very good Honda Mechanic. The performance of the car is superb, but the fuel consumption is astronomical.
Re: My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! by Nobody: 12:29am On Nov 15, 2014
For a 2.4 liter engine your car is definitely a V6

1 Like

Re: My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! by JUO(m): 6:21am On Nov 15, 2014
he doesn't even know what he drives! I think there is 2.4 4 cylinder. is this your first car? How many miles /km do cover a day? How many km per litre do you get? How is the traffic like?
Re: My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! by adanny01(m): 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2014
Totfulguy:
I recently bought a Honda Accord 2003 (I mean in the last 3 weeks). Its a 4 cylinder (or so I think) and has a 2.4 liter engine. I have noticed that the fuel consumption is very high. I fill my tank on Sunday Evening, drive to work from Alapere where I stay to the Island and by Wednesday the tank is empty.
Can someone please advise on what I should do? And can someone suggest a very good Honda Mechanic. The performance of the car is superb, but the fuel consumption is astronomical.

1.You will have to start from the Check engine light by scanning the car and fixing associated sensors or parts.

2. Remove air filter and blow out dust or replace entire.

3. Remove, inspect, clean, regap or replace all spark plugs.

4. I really dont know what to tell you about the last one but something needs to be done on your injectors.

It should be better by the time you go through the list.
Re: My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! by mebad(m): 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2014
edozie04:
JUO:
he doesn't even know what he drives! I think there is 2.4 4 cylinder. is this your first car? How many miles /km do cover a day? How many km per litre do you get? How is the traffic like?

2.4 liter engine is definitely an I4 engine. not a v6 for d 2003 honda

1 Like

Re: My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! by AutosBay(m): 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2014
@ Totfulguy Please follow this thread https://www.nairaland.com/802926/what-causes-car-start-consuming something similar has been treated.
Re: My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! by mayor2013: 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2014
@ "op" if you have your check light on. Go for a scan. Am sure you should have an airfuel ratio sensor code
Re: My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! by Totfulguy: 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
Thank you guys for all your inputs... I will follow up on the advice given. But can someone please email me a reliable Honda mechanic that I can trust to do the scan and all the step suggested by adanny?

@adanny01: Can you suggest a good mechanic I can contact or do you do it yourself? Please contact me.

Thanks all!
Re: My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! by mayor2013: 7:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
Call 08165520837. Bb pin is 7BE1C522
Re: My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! by adanny01(m): 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2014
Totfulguy:
Thank you guys for all your inputs... I will follow up on the advice given. But can someone please email me a reliable Honda mechanic that I can trust to do the scan and all the step suggested by adanny?

@adanny01: Can you suggest a good mechanic I can contact or do you do it yourself? Please contact me.

Thanks all!

No, because i dont live in Lagos.
Re: My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! by lonelydora: 12:24am On Nov 16, 2014
edozie04:
Please stop saying what you don't know. Honda 2.4l engine is an I4.

Scan your car first.
Re: My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! by 9icetoo(m): 8:46am On Nov 16, 2014
And don't go to any mechanic yet. They will perform all manner of surgery on that car of yours. The fuel consumption you are talking about is vague. You will need to provide us the exact miles or kilometers you cover and how many litres of fuel you bought. We cannot deduce that from the full tank and journey description you gave to us. Also tell us if your car is an auto or manual. And scan the car like has been suggested. Post the codes here when you are done.
Re: My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! by baaliyah(m): 9:29am On Nov 16, 2014
Most of us are just lazy. The same internet u use to post this 'perceived' problem could be used to get alot of info about ur car including its fuel consumption. Most respondents here keep updating their knowledge. Your car may not necessarily running rich if your former car was a sunny 1.6 litre without A/c. If u have CEL scan ur car. Good luck
Re: My New Honda Accord 2003 Is A Guzzler! by expert101(m): 12:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
Bros don't bother tampering with the car system because mechanics will chop you money.

Just sell it on OLX grin

(1) (Reply)

2015 Honda Legend Revealed (With Pictures) / Camphor In The Petrol Tank Anyone ? / I Need Crank Shaft Position Sensor (nissan Altima)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.