Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

True Detective Official Fan Thread - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / True Detective Official Fan Thread (7063 Views)

PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Windeck Fan Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2014

Season Overview
In 2012, Louisiana State Police Detectives Rust Cohle and Martin Hart are brought in to revisit a homicide case they worked in 1995. As the inquiry unfolds in present day through separate interrogations, the two former detectives narrate the story of their investigation, reopening unhealed wounds, and drawing into question their supposed solving of a bizarre ritualistic murder in 1995. The timelines braid and converge in 2012 as each man is pulled back into a world they believed they'd left behind. In learning about each other and their killer, it becomes clear that darkness lives on both sides of the law.

Download Season One >>>HERE<<<

1 Like 1 Share

Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by jakiedudu(m): 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2014
Am a big fan of Crime Movies. My favorite is Criminal Minds.

1 Like

Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
Rustin Spencer "Rust" Cohle is a State homicide detective. He is one of the main protagonists in Season 1 of True Detective.

Rust is a talented but troubled detective. He is very dedicated to his work and is especially renowned at racking up "assists" -- getting confessions from criminals. He is known to carry with him an unusually large ledger which he uses to keep notes and sketches of crime scenes, which earned him the nickname "The Tax Man" from his fellow colleagues.

Rust is aloof; at one point his partner Martin Hart says that he "wasn't big on talking except when you wanted him to shut up." He seems to prefer living by himself and it doesn't appear that he has ever been able to sustain a relationship for longer than a few years. Rust is not prone to material desires and his apartment is bare, with only a simple bed and books on various sex crimes. He suffers from insomnia, which may partially be a consequence of his past drug use. Later in life we see him to be a degenerate alcoholic.

Rust shows disappointment and anger at Marty when he cheats on his wife. He visits Marty's house to "mow his lawn" when he is away. He enjoys eating dinner with Marty's family and talking with Marty's wife, Maggie Hart.
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2014
Background
Rust Cohle's father came back from Vietnam to South Texas. He then impregnated Rust's Mom. Rust was dumped on his father as a young boy and they then moved to Alaska. According to Rust, he and his father never got along. His father "had some strange ideas" and became a survivalist. Rust left Alaska because he hated the cold and returned to South Texas because he remembered it as always being warm. Rust's father never forgave him for leaving.

Before becoming a Louisiana state detective Rust was
a police officer for the state of Texas. His Texas files were classified or redacted and much of what we know about Rust's past is subject to question because his narration may not be reliable. Rust was a police officer and a married man with a daughter. In the late 1980s his two-year-old daughter, Sophia rode her tricycle into the road which had a bend in it and was killed. She slipped into a coma and then eventually died. Rust's only comfort was that she died as a happy child, painlessly. He was spared the sins of being a father. His wife left him as a result.

Rust was traumatized by this and still suffers the PTSD, thus his want for barbituates to keep him calm. Rust then went deep undercover and became a junkie. He would rob couriers and do a lot of drugs. He ended up shooting a drug addict who injected his infant daughter with crystal meth to "purify her".

As part of a deal he was allowed to keep his job if he agreed to work as an undercover narcotics agent, whichever which he agreed to. In February of 1993, after serving 4 years as a deep undercover narcotics agent he claims to have killed 3 cartel men in a gunfight at the
Port of Houston, suffering 3 gun shot wounds in the process. He then spent 4 months in Northshore
Psychiatric Hospital in Lubbock, Texas. Rust is then given the option to retire due to his PTSD and take a pension. He asks to be transferred some place and work in homicide because he still believes he can "do some good".

After leaving the police force in 2002, Rust went to Alaska for 8 years, where he became an alcoholic and lived a mostly solitary life with few social interactions. He came back to Louisiana in 2010 to close out the Dora Lange case once and for all "before getting on with something else."
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2014
Memorable Quotes
-"Back then, the visions... most of the time I was convinced that I'd lost it... but there were other times, I thought I was main-lining the secret truth of the universe."

-"They were afraid, and now they saw for the very first time how easy it was to just let go. In that last nanosecond, they saw what they were. You,yourself, this whole big drama, was never anything but a jury-rig of presumption and dumb will, and you could just let go. Finally, now that you didn't have to hold on so tight. To realize that all your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain -- it was all the same thing. All the same dream. A dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person. And like a lot of dreams, there's a monster at the end of it."

-"This place is like somebody's memory of a town, and the memory is fading... it's like there was never anything here but jungle."

-"Given how long it's taken me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forego it on your account, Marty."

-"I don't sleep, I just dream."

-"People out here, it's like they don’t even know the outside world exists."

-"I was sitting there and I couldn't think of a good reason not to. Usually I can."

-"I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself. We are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, a secretion of sensory experience and feeling programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody. I think the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming; stop reproducing; walk hand-in-hand into extinction. On last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal."

-"Something Deep and Dark Detectives... Something Deep and Dark."

-"Yeah of course I've always taken a lot of notes. I mean, you never know what the thing is gonna be, do you? A little detail somewhere way down that line that makes you say "Ohh!", breaks the case."

-"My life's been a circle of violence and degradation long as I can remember. I'm ready to tie it off."

-"People...so god damn frail they'd rather put a coin in the wishing well than buy dinner."

1 Like

Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 7:40pm On Jul 02, 2014
Martin Eric "Marty" Hart is a Louisiana State Police detective and the partner of Rust Cohle . Along with his partner, he is one of the main characters of the series in season 1.

Marty is a gregarious and affable police detective who thinks of himself as a "regular type dude." He was a sports star at USL and was married to Maggie Hart, presumably at a young age. He has two daughters, Audrey and Maisie.

Marty seems to be experiencing a mid-life crisis during the 1990s and early 2000s. He longs for his glory days, fretting about losing his hair and turning 40, all of which leads to trouble at home. Marty is attracted to younger women and struggles with marital infidelity.

Marty feels his best work attributes are that he is "steady", is able to "manage authority" and "knows how to talk to people". He likes to tell jokes, go out on "date nights" and fraternize with his co-workers. He drinks socially and feels confident he is able to avoid excess.

Over the course of the first season, Marty is revealed to be almost none of these things. He experiences family turmoil and and often comes to work hungover and disheveled from wild sex trysts the night before. His commanding officer once called him a "human tampon". He is prone to emotional and sometimes irrational outbursts which often lead to him abusing his power. He shoots a handcuffed and unarmed Reggie Ledoux at point blank range, arrests and beats up two boys who had sex with his daughter and in a fit of drunken jealousy breaks into his mistress's house and threatens to beat her lover with his badge.

The one thing Marty does manage well is the political aspects of work life. He has earned the trust of his commanding officers and respect from his colleagues.
Marty is usually tasked as the "lead detective" by his superiors and is often responsible for taking care of the paper work, leading the briefing sessions or speaking to the media. In general, Marty is not an egotistical or ambitious man. He takes pride in being able to maintain a healthy work-life balance.

Marty is more conservative than his partner Rustin Cohle and prefers to follow standard procedure when
investigating crimes. While he may not always understand Rust's methods, he believes his partner to be a talented detective with a "real mind" for police work and respects his commitment. He will often run interference between Rust and their commanding
officer.

After splitting from his wife and Rust Cohle in 2002, Marty would continue to work as a state detective for four more years before leaving to start his own private
investigation firm, Hart Investigative Solutions. He cites a particularly heinous crime involving the gruesome murder of a child at the hands of a "tweaker" as a major factor in his decision to retire from the police force. Marty still retains good relations with many of his former colleagues which sometimes enables him access to various case files.

Since 2002 it would appear Marty's personal life has been mostly quiet. He says he's dated a few women but nothing serious. He spends most nights alone, preferring to just go home after work. He doesn't appear to have kept in close contact with his former wife or two daughters.
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 8:33pm On Jul 02, 2014
Memorable Quotes
-"Past a certain age, a man without a family can be a bad thing."

-"Rust'd pick a fight with the sky, he didn't like its shade of blue."

-"Oh, I was just a regular type dude... with a big-ass dick."

-"You got a chapter in one of those books on jumping to conclusions? You attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it. Prejudice yourself."

-"You know the good years when you're in them, or do you just wait for them until you get ass cancer and realize that the good years came and went? Because there's a feeling that -- you might notice it sometime -- that this feeling like life has slipped through your fingers. Like the future is behind you."

-"Remember what I said about the detective's curse? The solution to my whole life was right under my nose. That woman. Those kids. And I was watching everything else. See, infidelity is one kind of sin, but my true failure was inattention. I understand that now."

1 Like

Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by chromatic: 8:38pm On Jul 02, 2014
Amazing show! Reading those lines, I remember Rust in his twisted smart mind saying them.Marty had some great ones too.

1 Like

Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by chromatic: 8:41pm On Jul 02, 2014
Ray McBlue: Memorable Quotes
-"Past a certain age, a man without a family can be a bad thing."
-"Rust'd pick a fight with the sky, he didn't like its shade of blue."
-"Oh, I was just a regular type dude... with a big-ass dick."
-"You got a chapter in one of those books on jumping to conclusions? You attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it. Prejudice yourself."
-"You know the good years when you're in them, or do you just wait for them until you get ass cancer and realize that the good years came and went? Because there's a feeling that -- you might notice it sometime -- that this feeling like life has slipped through your fingers. Like the future is behind you."
-"Remember what I said about the detective's curse? The solution to my whole life was right under my nose. That woman. Those kids. And I was watching everything else. See, infidelity is one kind of sin, but my true failure was inattention. I understand that now."
Marty's! The one about Rust could pick a fight with the sky is helps funny, plus "I'm just a regular type dude...that one is golden!

1 Like

Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
chromatic: Amazing show! Reading those lines, I remember Rust in his twisted smart mind saying them.Marty had some great ones too.

"Twisted Smart mind" - Nailed it. Matthew McConaughey's Cohle's such an enigma. Woody Harrelson's Marty wasn't bad either. Both characters kept the show riveting and entertaining. Gotta say both of these guys are locked for the prestigious Emmy awards later this September. It's inevitable. Thank you HBO.

1 Like

Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2014
chromatic:
Marty's! The one about Rust could pick a fight with the sky is helps funny, plus "I'm just a regular type dude...that one is golden!
The show's chock full of epic quotes, but to be honest Cohle steals the spotlight every single time, what with the pessimistic, twisted and cynicism infused drivels. I can't get enough of 'em, and you know what makes it weirder? My life philosophies kinda fall along similar lines.

1 Like

Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2014
My favorite Cohle's quotes yet:

-"It's all one ghetto, man. A giant gutter in outer space."

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill."

So true...
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 6:28am On Jul 03, 2014
Episode One Recap
Vermilion Parish, Louisiana , 1995. Detectives Martin Hart and Rustin Cohle investigate the ritualistic murder of former prostitute Dora Kelly Lange, found in a still smoking field of burned crops, with a symbol painted on her back and wearing a "crown" of deer antlers, blindfolded and posed as if praying to a large solitary tree. Numerous twig latticeworks, like Cajun bird traps, are found with her body in and around the field.

Cohle is convinced that this is not the killer's first victim, but Hart is skeptical. Cohle is a new addition to CID and
his aloofness and mysterious background make the other detectives distrustful and hostile towards him,
nearly leading to a fight with detective Geraci. Their investigation brings up the case of Marie Fontenot, a little girl whose disappearance five years earlier was not investigated. Another report is brought up of a child who claimed to be chased through the woods by a "green-eared spaghetti monster."

Hart invites Cohle over for dinner, unaware that it is Cohle's deceased daughter's birthday. Cohle reluctantly accepts, but, as a result of his alcoholism, turns up drunk. Hart and Cohle follow up on the Fontenot disappearance with a visit to Marie's uncle Danny. In a dilapidated playhouse, Cohle finds another
twig latticework.

Seventeen years later, Cohle and Hart are interviewed separately, five days apart, about Dora Kelly Lange by detectives Thomas Papania and Maynard Gilbough. Hart and Cohle have not spoken since a falling-out in 2002. Cohle is shown a photograph of another girl whose body has been found posed in similar fashion to Lange. Papania and Gilbough want to know how the killer could have struck again if he was caught in 1995.
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 6:53am On Jul 03, 2014
Packed with symbolism, psychology, and serial murder, the HBO show True Detective has inspired countless theories about the true identity of the Yellow King—the ringleader behind the mysterious cult responsible for the murder and sexual abuse of multiple women and children across Louisiana. So who could be behind it all? A politician? A police cover-up? A one-off character? Even one of our two protagonists? Theories abound about the true identity of the King and his conspirators; as the final episodes of the the story unfold, here are my favorites.

-Rustin Cohle
-Marty Hart
-The Lawnmower Guy
-Governor Tuttle
-Maggie's Dad
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 7:03am On Jul 03, 2014
Rust Cohle Is Actually the Yellow King?

Cohle hallucinating the symbol of the serial killer

The two detectives interviewing Rust and Marty in the present have a theory: Rust was behind it all the time. What if they’re actually right? Rust has exceptional insight into the mind of the killer; we also know from his deep undercover years that he’s capable of profound deception. Not to mention that he’s sitting there constructing a circle of men out of beer cans that sure seems to represent the men of the cult the entire time they’re talking.

Of course Rust might not actually know he’s the killer. We know he spent time in a mental institution, not to
mention the semi-regular hallucinations that are a byproduct of the miles of drugs he took while undercover. If he is the Yellow King, perhaps he’s unknowingly hunting himself just as earnestly as the two modern-day detectives are. Remember when the pharmacy shooter—the one who could name the Yellow King—mysteriously committed suicide?

It’s worth noting that we’ve seen Rust tell an incarcerated suspect to kill themselves before. What if he was the one who convinced the man to commit suicide in order to cover his own tracks? When Ledoux tells Rust, “I’ve seen you in my dreams,” could he be referring to shared participation in the ritualistic abuse? Rust is frequently able to produce confessions by tapping into people’s desire for forgiveness, something he seems to be looking for himself.

Rust also talks about “the sin of being a father” and seems to constantly feel a need for atonement and the
punishment of those who hurt children. Could he be referring to his own sin, his own abuse of children— even his own daughter? Several times, we see Rust gazing at a billboard offering a reward for the murderer of a young girl who died several years after he says his own daughter was killed. Could that have been his first victim? Or was he simply symbolically reenacting the death when he killed Dora Lange on the same day his daughter died?

Above Rust’s bed hangs a cross. He says it’s not a religious symbol, but rather a meditative one: “I
contemplate the moment in the garden, the idea of allowing your own crucifixion.” He’s referring to the
garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus foresaw his own crucifixion but did nothing to stop it because his death was necessary to provide salvation. Can Rust foresee his own death and downfall coming on some level?
Does he fear it … but also welcome it?
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 7:15am On Jul 03, 2014
jakiedudu: Am a big fan of Crime Movies. My favorite is Criminal Minds.
Loved Criminal Minds. Stopped watching the series at season 4 though. Spencer Reid and the gang...

1 Like

Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by chromatic: 8:17am On Jul 03, 2014
Ray McBlue:
Loved Criminal Minds. Stopped watching the series at season 4 though. Spencer Reid and the gang...
You got it! I dumped the show after the 4th season, typical example of one of those shows that's past their time...this being S4!
Ray McBlue: Packed with symbolism, psychology, and serial murder, the HBO show True Detective has inspired countless theories about the true identity of the Yellow King—the ringleader behind the mysterious cult responsible for the murder and sexual abuse of multiple women and children across Louisiana. So who could be behind it all? A politician? A police cover-up? A one-off character? Even one of our two protagonists? Theories abound about the true identity of the King and his conspirators; as the final episodes of the the story unfold, here are my favorites.
-Rustin Cohle
-Marty Hart
-The Lawnmower Guy
-Governor Tuttle
-Maggie's Dad

I never thought of Maggie's dad or even Marty as the yellow king...nerve, there was no clue directing to that! At some point I was beginning to tip Rust. The lawn mower, Ledoux, Governor turtle and the painter....well connected to each other. The show is so well written.
As for emmys, the show entered in the drama category which is real competition considering breaking bad final season. I think they would sweep the miniseries category had they chosen that. Fargo is doing something wise in that aspect(entering as miniseries).
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 8:39am On Jul 03, 2014
chromatic:
As for emmys, the show entered in the drama category which is real competition considering breaking bad final season. I think they would sweep the miniseries category had they chosen that. Fargo is doing something wise in that aspect(entering as miniseries).

Now that Breaking Bad is finally out of the Emmy
rotation, it leaves a great spot for True Detective to
shine in. With True Detective’s star power and much
talked about performances, it’s a sure bet that it’s
going to make an appearance.

The HBO show will be up for at least Best Drama, but don’t be surprised if Best Actor in a Drama Series shows up, or even a well-deserved nod to director Cary Joji Fukunaga.

Of course, submitting True Detective as a drama, instead of a miniseries has attracted some negative attention, since True Detective is an anthology and not a typical series, but I don't expect the deliberate slice of hand from the show-runners to have any major effect on the award prospects. OH Yeah, True Detective is that good.
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 8:49am On Jul 03, 2014
Marty Hart Is Actually the Yellow King?

This might be the most shocking reveal of all, not only because it would take the audience by surprise after a season of seeing him as a promiscuous bumbler, but because it would mean that Marty managed to fool even the obsessive, hyper-observant Cohle. (Who’s smart now, true detective?) We’ve heard Marty say that the detective’s curse is not being able to able to see what’s right under their nose. Could he be talking about himself? Is Marty actually a false detective.

Hart is actually an Old English word meaning “stag,” potentially linking him to the antlers that crowned the murdered Dory—and perhaps signifying his own crown. After all, if we’re looking for a yellow king, Martin’s the blondest guy around. When Cohle made his way towards the Tuttle school the first time, it was Martin who drew him away by honking the horn, delaying his discovery of the twig sculpture and the possible darker truth behind it all. When you consider the possibility of Marty as the Yellow King, suddenly it seems awfully convenient that Marty killed Ledoux in a fit of rage, ensuring that no one would live to give him up.

In general, Marty doesn’t treat women and children that well: He cheats repeatedly on his wife—once with a former child prostitute—and gets violent with Maggie after he learns of her infidelity (not to mention slapping his daughter Audrey and calling her a slut). We’ve also seen Audrey making sexual drawings and arranging her dolls in a sexual way at a young age, as well as her later alienation and promiscuity in adolescence. What if she’s been sexually abused by her father, or by someone else with the approval of her father?

We’ve been looking for monsters in the shadows, or perhaps buried in the complicated psychological labyrinth that is Rust Cohle, but what if it the real monster was in front of us the whole time wearing the simplest mask of all?
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 9:06am On Jul 03, 2014
Maggie’s Dad Is Actually the Yellow King?

A variant on the Marty theory, this suggests that his father-in-law was the familial abuser who molested Audrey instead. This trauma produced not only her sexual drawings as a young child but also the sexual configurations of her dolls that mirrored the abuse of the cult.

There’s also that moment when Audrey takes a princess crown—linked to the crown symbolism around the King—and throws it up in the tree where her sister can’t reach. Is that a symbolic way of protecting her from the abuse?

Creepy dad-in-law also isn’t shy when it comes to expressing his opinions about children and intercourse,
noting that for kids these days, “everything is sex.” Or maybe that’s just how it seems when he looks at them. Later, when Marty looks asks his daughter what’s wrong with her after dragging her home from a party with two teenage boys, there’s a distinct expression of horror on her face.

What if the answer is “grandpa”? After all, if Marty was involved in the abuse, would he really be so surprised at her promiscuity? And if Maggie’s father is abusing her daughter, does that mean that she was potentially
abused as a child as well? Could she too be involved, another “nun”—as the dead Dory called herself in a journal—who was even willing to offer her own daughter to the King?
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 9:19am On Jul 03, 2014
Episode 2 Recap
In 1995, Cohle and Hart continue to investigate the murder of Dora Lange, and learn she was attending church prior to her disappearance. Cohle deduces that Hart is cheating on his wife, Maggie, with court reporter Lisa Tragnetti, creating friction between the two.

Cohle is also experiencing hallucinatory synesthetic side effects to his drug consumption and is contemptuous of Reverend Billy Lee Tuttle's lobbying for a special task force focusing on "anti-Christian crimes" to assist in the investigation. While buying drugs from a young prostitute, Cohle is pointed towards a remote "ranch" harboring runaway girls as prostitutes. They interview underage prostitute Beth, find Lange's diary and learn the location of the church, which was destroyed in a fire, and that Lange came under the influence of a man she called the " King in Yellow " in a place called " Carcosa."

While searching through the wreckage of the church, they find a wall painting depicting the nightmarish image of a woman with deer antlers on her head.

In 2012, Papania and Gilbough continue their interviews of Cohle and Hart. Hart is divorced, and Cohle confides that his daughter died after being involved in a car accident, leading to the collapse of his marriage and the beginning of his addiction.

To avoid prosecution for killing a meth user who had
injected his own infant child with the drug, Cohle's superiors compelled him to be a "floating" drug
undercover officer for four years, until he was hospitalized in a psychiatric institution after shooting three cartel members and being wounded in the gunfight. After his release, Cohle's request for another job resulted in his becoming a homicide detective with CID, where he was partnered with Hart.
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 11:28am On Jul 03, 2014
The Lawnmower Guy is the Yellow King?

This one feels a bit more anticlimatic than Rust being the King—a bayou version of “the butler did it”—but the semi-regular appearances of Errol the lawnmower guy give him enough of a presence to feel like an unexpected culprit without coming completely out of left field. Sure, he seems like a simpleton, but what if he’s much more? With his green clothes, scraggly hair and beard, he also looks a bit like the “Spaghetti Monster” the young girl said chased her through the woods.

On a symbolic level, one of the earliest fights between Rust and Marty—and the foreshadowing of Maggie’s infidelity—was Rust mowing Marty’s lawn when he wasn’t there. If lawnmowing is linked to sexual transgressions, what could that means about a man who devotes his life to it? And what lies under that beard, anyway? Could it be the scars that Dora’s friend said were on the face of the man who visited her before her death, the same ones the rescued girl told Cohle was on the very worst of her abusers?
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 11:37am On Jul 03, 2014
Governor Tuttle Is Actually the Yellow King?

It’s easy to see why Governor Tuttle, a high-ranking
government official, might be in charge of the cult. If there really is a police cover-up of the murders and child abuse, that would require a lot of power, which Tuttle certainly has.

His family connections offer more links to the cult: His cousin, the late Reverend Billy Lee Tuttle, seems to have been behind the funding of the Wellspring funding of religious schools, which have been linked to the ritual abuse. We haven’t seen the shadowy Governor Tuttle yet, so it’d be a bit surprising to uncover the identity of the King only to learn it was some guy who’s never been onscreen. But who can say?
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by tuagbo: 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ray McBlue:
The show's chock full of epic quotes, but to be honest Cohle steals the spotlight every single time, what with the pessimistic, twisted and cynicism infused drivels. I can't get enough of 'em, and you know what makes it weirder? My life philosophies kinda fall along similar lines.
I find your last sentence funny because I thought I was the only person who could relate to the "Rust Cohle" character.Undoubtably my best show of 2014 and I just love the haunting opening theme song by "The Handsome Family"-"Far from any road."It perfectly sets the tone of the show.

1 Like

Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
tuagbo: I find your last sentence funny because I thought I was the only person who could relate to the "Rust Cohle" character. Undoubtably my best show of 2014 and I just love the haunting opening theme song by "The Handsome Family"-"Far from any road."It perfectly sets the tone of the show.

Dude get out of my head, Lolz. You practically laid bare what was on my mind. Could two different people's thoughts be in sync that much? Creepy.

The Handsome Family may not be the most famous band in America, but their song “Far From Any Road " is
currently haunting the dreams of many TV fans. I don't know about you, but it sure as hell haunted me... very much.
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
The Five Horsemen Theory

Cohle put five beer can men in a circle; Audrey did the same with her dolls. In Dora Lange’s mother’s house, there’s a picture of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. It all adds up to what’s called the Five Horsemen theory: the idea that there are five men involved with the abuse of the children. The stars on the beer-can-men’s heads in Cohle’s circle could be crowns (or perhaps police badges). Ledoux and Dewalle, who both died in the shootout, seem like obvious choices for the five, but they could also simply be henchmen procuring the victims for the “rich men” Ledoux once described.

Reverend Tuttle’s hands don’t seem totally clean either. But if the police are involved as Cohle suspects, could more policemen be members of the circle? Could the Horsemen, as two of the theories above suggest, even include Rust or Marty themselves? These are just six theories, though, of the many swirling around the internet.
Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 3:48am On Jul 04, 2014
Marty Vs Rustin Memes (Optimism Vs Pessimism)

1 Like

Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 3:51am On Jul 04, 2014

1 Like

Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 3:53am On Jul 04, 2014

1 Like

Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 4:00am On Jul 04, 2014

1 Like

Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 4:04am On Jul 04, 2014

1 Like

Re: True Detective Official Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 4:08am On Jul 04, 2014

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Revenge Of Shina Rambo Season 5 Is Out / A Shame On Our Televission Show? / Jai Bhim (2021) India Movie Free Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.