Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,451 members, 7,819,664 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Help. I Lost The Originals Of My Car Documents - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help. I Lost The Originals Of My Car Documents (5764 Views)

6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You / Nigeria Used Car Documents / Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help. I Lost The Originals Of My Car Documents by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
I changed accommodation recently and in the course of moving loads of things, I somehow misplaced the originals of my car documents. I have the photocopies in the car safe. I want to know if I can use the photocopies to get all the originals back and how much will it cost me. Thanks
Re: Help. I Lost The Originals Of My Car Documents by mayor2013: 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
You need to get a police report and a sworn affidavit from the court that your original documents for your car are missing then proceed to the licensing office with it. When you get there they are in a better position to tell you the cost
Re: Help. I Lost The Originals Of My Car Documents by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 02, 2014
Thanks. I will do just that.
Re: Help. I Lost The Originals Of My Car Documents by mayor2013: 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2014
But go with your photocopied document first and see if they could do a reprint for you but cant be free
Re: Help. I Lost The Originals Of My Car Documents by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:43pm On Jul 02, 2014
What do you need them for? Unless you intend selling the car. The only document that is original is certificate of ownership and licence plate receipt, the rest are renewable once they expire. No one will ask you for the originals unless you intend selling the car.
Re: Help. I Lost The Originals Of My Car Documents by mayor2013: 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
Who never can tell not only do you need your original documents to proof to vehicle law enforcements that you have them but you also need them in other areas. Can't start saying all that hear. Its a document you know. Is it possible to misplace your cerficate of occupancy for your house and say not to worry you have photcopies grin

1 Like

Re: Help. I Lost The Originals Of My Car Documents by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:36pm On Jul 02, 2014
mayor2013: Who never can tell not only do you need your original documents to proof to vehicle law enforcements that you have them but you also need them in other areas. Can't start saying all that hear. Its a document you know. Is it possible to misplace your cerficate of occupancy for your house and say not to worry you have photcopies grin

You have a point. But for me When I buy a car I photocopy and keep the originals in one place, and photocopies in the car I don't set my eyes on the orignals until it is time to sell the car.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission / Permernent Solution To Honda Ball Joint Issues. / Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.