Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,110 members, 7,953,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:32 PM

Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? (5808 Views)

Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car / Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? / What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by cardoctor(m): 8:26pm On Dec 01, 2013
Something funny came to my mind this morning as I was driving to church.

I noticed this pretty lady also driving to church. In her brand new Hyundai Elantra. You could tell that it has just been recently launched because all the water and weather proofing are still on the car and the seats. Probably off to church to dedicate it.

Judging by the cost of the car and the care with which she was taking to esure that the car makes the journey in one piece, it seemed to me that she must be very conscious of the monetary value of the car in addition to the sole purpose of getting from A to B.

Example, if your car is worth N6m. Regardless of what car it may be, do you feel like you are driving around in a "suitcase" stashed with N6m?

Car-Doctor.

1 Like

Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by danadam(m): 10:32pm On Dec 01, 2013
Nop... don't feel lyk that. However i'm always conscious of the value of the car so I drive like a gentleman to avoid been hit/dented by some reckless and careless keke guys. Last weekend I was on kano-jos highway. For those familiar with that route, saminaka-jos is damn bad, too much potholes. I was amazed at the manner in which some drivers dive into this potholes nonchalantly. I try to dodge the ones I can or drive into them slowly to avoid wrecking my suspension. I reckon that probably their car spare parts are far cheaper compare to mine so the can afford to be that reckless. So sometimes I drive lyk the lady you mentioned.
Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by cardoctor(m): 9:26am On Dec 02, 2013
@ danadam

What car do you drive?

Car-Doctor.
Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by Cyberknight: 11:27am On Dec 02, 2013
Funny and very typical. I for my part, could care less about the [resale] value of my car at any point in time. I buy a car, use the bloody thing to my satisfaction, then sell it for whatever it can fetch at that point in time. And I never, never attach a putative value to a car I'm using and always buy a replacement before selling the old one.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by danadam(m): 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
car-doctor:
@ danadam

What car do you drive?

Car-Doctor.

2005 C320 4matic
Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by tammie24: 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
no
Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
Yap, #as if i have a car#

1 Like

Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by otijah(m): 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
That's small children mentality, you want to be conscious of the value, then went on to buy a car of 6m. That's the beginning of ur problem in life
Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by Built2last: 3:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
MONEY IS ILLUSIVE, A SHADOW OF SOMETHING ELSE . . . money is simply the world’s symbol of wealth, Money is not real.
Money is merely legal tender, a form of exchange. We use it to exchange value. It represents value.Money is the “body” of value. It is the physical representation of
value that rises and falls in ourselves, within us. Not within “things”outside of us, but within us. For without us, what can the value of a thing, such as a car, be to us? Nothing, at least not to us. In other words, it is we, the observers, that place value in things, but this
value is really value in us—we give value to the material things. The material things have no “money” value in themselves—we give
that to them. So money is the external physical representation of a particular section of our internal value, within us, within you. That
is why a house or a block of shares valued at $1 million today can fall to a valuation of half a million dollars tomorrow when fear is
introduced into the hearts of those involved. The fear kills a portion of the internal values of the participants, and that is reflected by the
paper money, the “body” of value.

everything is only important dependent on the value we place on them. Gold is gold because of the value we have placed on it

4 Likes

Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by Beaf1: 3:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
My Lion (peugeot) is 2 and half years old. On my last service when I told the mechanic it was almosst 3 years he was supprised to bones. YES I value my ride like money and drive with care cheesy
Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by Lilimax(f): 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2013
I have been driving for years and hardly put into consideration the value of the car I was driving.
My previous car was filled with scratches and dent's from Okada and Danfo buses.

But presently, I am always very concious of the value of the car while driving because I wouldn't want to be 'scolded'
by my hubby whenever I dent my car. Thank goodness for the ban on Okada grin

I'm in love Honda cars.

My previous and present car is Honda product smiley.
Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by pmc01(m): 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
E be like say car owners no plenty on top NL, abi dem dey work ni?

See as the comments just few. E go better sha.

As for the topic though, I am conscious of how I walk with my leg; it is worth more than any car to me as at now. cheesy

A damaged car can always be replaced, but a damaged leg...

6 Likes

Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
pmc01: E be like say car owners no plenty on top NL, abi dem dey work ni?

As for the topic though, I am conscious of how I walk with my leg; it is worth more than any car to me as at now. cheesy

Poor man talk cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
I dont drive.

But when I ride my Bicycle, I am always conscious of it's value. angry

It only costs about 12k grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by youngice(m): 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
Built2last: MONEY IS ILLUSIVE, A SHADOW OF SOMETHING ELSE . . . money is simply the world’s symbol of wealth, Money is not real.
Money is merely legal tender, a form of exchange. We use it to exchange value. It represents value.Money is the “body” of value. It is the physical representation of
value that rises and falls in ourselves, within us. Not within “things”outside of us, but within us. For without us, what can the value ofa thing, such as a car, be to us? Nothing, at least not to us. In other words, it is we, the observers, that place value in things, but this
value is really value in us—we give value to the material things. The material things have no “money” value in themselves—we give
that to them. So money is the external physical representation of a particular section of our internal value, within us, within you. That
is why a house or a block of shares valued at $1 million today can fall to a valuation of half a million dollars tomorrow when fear is
introduced into the hearts of those involved. The fear kills a portion of the internal values of the participants, and that is reflected by the

everything is only important dependent on the value we place on them
hunh shocked
Built2last: MONEY IS ILLUSIVE, A SHADOW OF SOMETHING ELSE . . . money is simply the world’s symbol of wealth, Money is not real.
value that rises and falls in ourselves, within us. Not within “things”outside of us, but within us. For without us, what can the value ofa thing, such as a car, be to us? Nothing, at least not to us. In other words, it is we, the observers, that place value in things, but this

everything is only important dependent on the value we place on them
hunh
Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by Jarus(m): 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
Not value consciousness precisely, but I find myself always comparing my car to same models used by another person. For example, when I see a neater 4runner, I always tell my wife (if she is with me), that "see that car, cleaner than ours, I don't know how these people use their own to maintain such neatness, our own has been bashed 2, 3 times. No be same Lagos roads we use" or words to that effect. That's what I find myself doing most.

Also, before I used to get angry when my car was bashed, and I needed to call panel beater. Then, every slight thing, I headed straight to panel beater for immediate repair. But now, I hardly run riot again when anybody hits me or someone drives my car and bashes it. The consciousness has waned. Sometimes, I even drive the car with the bash for weeks before taking for panel beating

1 Like

Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by BrightCar: 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
If the value of my car is so much, and the reserve in my account is well enough, i don't think i will be so conscious of my car value
driving, but if my bank reserve is not good enough i will drive very consciously. Nevertheless, am a careful and gentle driver who is very safety conscious.
Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by Sepp360(m): 3:47pm On Dec 03, 2013
I haven't bought a car of my own yet, thou I've been driving for almost 4years now!...

I drive with recklessness, i don't care abt its cost, maybe its because i've not bought one before!...*winks*..
Hope still plenty shaaa!
Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by Pennywise(m): 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
I suppose it was an issue for me when I just started work which is now like a life time away. Today, I dont give much thought to the value of my whips. I do appreciate the wives and girlfriends of other motorists who go out of their way to make eye contact. The foolish men never notice because they are usually too busy looking at the car.

1 Like

Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by Gifted4all(m): 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
As for me i dont oo i drive my car as i like thanks to german product

Like this post if u want to have a classy car before the year ends

3 Likes

Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by iyatrustee(f): 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
absolutely! @ op, I used to scratch and batch my car easily when I used Honda . But since I don upgrade to a Mercedes, my car can still pass of as a new car even 1year later!
Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by dahmelawlah(m): 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
pmc01: E be like say car owners no plenty on top NL, abi dem dey work ni?

na so jare.#Leg-eddys benz
Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by pappilo(m): 4:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
I value my car so much sometimes I think it is a curse. I have just spent £325 and made a claim on my insurance (which will lead to higher premiums next year) to spray the entire front bumper and change the windscreen. I had the slightest of scratches on the bumper (see pic) and a repairable stone chip on the windscreen

My car OCD is so bad that in the 4 years I have owned the car (from new) my missus has never been allowed to drive it. I suffered a pulmonary embolism about 18 months ago (Doctors in the house will know the severity of this - it killed Heavy D) but I refused to let my missus drive me to the hospital.

I have also just spent another £50 on car cleaning products to add to the loads I have already. My missus has now had enough of these products taking up valuable storage space in her kitchen so I have been given an ultimatum to find someplace else to keep them.

I wash my car myself by hand every weekend all year round regardless of the weather. I know my neighbors must think I am crazy when they see me come out at 7am on a Saturday/Sunday morning when it is 0 degrees. One stupid cab driver was once dropping a neighbor off and he saw me washing my car. He laughed and said ''boss, why you do this? only £5 in hand car wash'', I felt like slapping the mofo! I also hate taking the car out when it is raining or wet

Please help me pray that God delivers me.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
Maybe
Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 03, 2013
No.
Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by Truckpusher(m): 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
I get that feeling in the first 4 months and the feelings goes out ,after then i can't wait to get something new and the feeling only comes back when peeps around me or somebody walks up to me and say 'you have a nice car' cheesy
Re: Are You Always Conscious Of The Value Of Your Car? by akorlade(m): 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
am more Conscious of getting home safe than the value of the car.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fuel Liters Of Toyota Sienna 1999-2001 / Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 / Mitsubishi Outlander 3.0 (2008)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.