Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

The Lost Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Lost Love (2822 Views)

The Lost Shoe ( A Short Story) / The Lost Tribe / The Lost Key (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lost Love by Ayonbobo(m): 10:12pm On Jul 02, 2014
This is going to be the first time i will be writing a story here on nairaland. Its a stort story. I hope you sir's and ma's enjoy it. I am open to critisism and support. Thanks.
Re: The Lost Love by Ayonbobo(m): 10:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
She was the girl every other guy wouldn't think of hanging out with, she was shabby, unkept and unsocialize. I was coming from the chemistry lab when someone bumped into me, I looked up to see who it was and behold it was her! Without her waiting for me to say anything she said sorry. I couldn't do or say anything but to stare at her face, the anger i felt when she bumped into me turned to peace of mind just like a hot iron dipped into a cold water by a blacksmith. I never realised she was this beautiful, the word 'untamed beauty' will perfectly describe her. She walked past me after saying sorry but i couldn't help but to think about her.
Re: The Lost Love by Hawlahscho(m): 1:04am On Jul 03, 2014
Long update pls
Re: The Lost Love by toykathy(f): 4:36am On Jul 03, 2014
Hmmm... Grabs chair to sit at d front. Following#
Re: The Lost Love by Ayonbobo(m): 8:31am On Jul 03, 2014
On my way home she was my thought even in my dream she played the lead role. I tried to eliminate the evil thought i thought i was having but little did i know i was just starting. I drank a little bit of alcohol thinking all would go back to normal when i eventually come back to my senses but I was only decieving myself. She was all that matters to me from that day onward, then this anxiety of seeing her again kept on crepting in my heart, I couldn't wait to see her again. Flashes of all the wonderful love movies and books i have read started coming into my thinking. Starting from romeo and juliet, titanic, shrek and princess fiona and so on, but i dont wanna be the knight in shinning armour who always die at the end of the movie. I wanna be with her forever till death do us part.
Re: The Lost Love by STENON(f): 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
following
Re: The Lost Love by Ayonbobo(m): 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
All of a sudden i didn't even care about how shabby or untidy she used to look, I just wanna spend the rest of life with her. I never knew this was how love is, how it could make enemies to be best of friends. That's how powerful love is! I thought. I entered into the lecture room with my eyes and my heart searching for her and finally I saw her sitting at he back seat alone, it wasn't a suprise to me though. I walked up to her ignoring my friends about what they could say or think about me, this was love in action the funny inner voice said to me. I asked if i could keep her company and she obliged but i could read from her eyes that she was worried about what a boy like me could ever want with her? Yea!, a boy like me, one of the most influential guys in my department stooping so low to a girl of her calibre but it wouldn't matter to me anymore.

With time we grew from friends to close friends and finally lovers. I won't be sincere to you if i say there were no challenges, i started losing my friends because they couldn't hang out with me and my girlfriend at the same time. The insult i got from them was also a tip of the iceberg but all of that doesn't move me a bit. She was all that matters to me.

Then in our final year she fainted one day, she was rushed to the hospital and was diagnosed of lung cancer. It was too late because the cancer has eaten most of her intestines and it was at the late stage. She later died a month later, it was as if the ground should open and swallow me, i just couldn't believe it. I started asking God different questions from why? To how could you? When it seems things have started working right for me, when it seems have found my missing rib death came and robbed me. I ended up blaming the devil instead but that wouldn't bring my love back, my all in all, my jewel, my hapiness.....I only wished i had come to know her earlier before we started being friends.........now five years later but her memory stil new as if it were yesterday.
Re: The Lost Love by Ayonbobo(m): 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
Wow! Thats the end of chapter one. To be continued soon. Thanks for reading and please drop your comments and suggestions.
Re: The Lost Love by toykathy(f): 9:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
Wen are u startin chap 2? Cuz i'm oliver twist. #following#
Re: The Lost Love by Ayonbobo(m): 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
toykathy: Wen are u startin chap 2? Cuz i'm oliver twist. #following#

Very soon, am still on it. Thanks for following.
Re: The Lost Love by toykathy(f): 2:59am On Jul 04, 2014
Ayonbobo:
Very soon, am still on it. Thanks for following.

uwc! Weldone.
Re: The Lost Love by Ayonbobo(m): 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
Am sorry for keeping you guys waiting. Chapter two will be available by this time tomorrow. Thanks for understanding.
Re: The Lost Love by toykathy(f): 2:45pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ayonbobo: Am sorry for keeping you guys waiting. Chapter two will be available by this time tomorrow. Thanks for understanding.

u dey fall my hand o, come update nau. Walks out angrily#
Re: The Lost Love by Ayonbobo(m): 8:15pm On Jul 05, 2014
Chapter 2

I am Adebayo Micheal by name but people call me mike. I am a dark, tall slim guy with an athletic feature. The only boy in the family, I have two elder sisters which means i am the baby of the family and the most pampered, ever since i was young I have always been given almost everything i wanted because i am the only male child of my family. I studied chemistry at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife(0AU) and graduated when i was twenty three years of age(23yrs) with second class (upper division). Now five years later after the death of Bimpe I still couldn't just date another girl, it was as if Bimpe carted away with my heart when she died. Death came like a thief in the night and stole away my beloved, he came in without invitation, when we least expected him, when we were still entangled with the affairs of this world. How dishearting death is!

I could still remember the day i was greatly depressed while still in school because of my 300level first semester result, i had two carryovers in core courses which automatically simplifies that i couldn't finish with a first class again. My CGPA dropped from 4.52 to 4.15, i was pratically not on earth again during those periods. It was Bimpe who came by me and comforted me, she was my backbone during those periods, she helped me with my studies and most importantly, my psychological well being. I don't think any girl can be like Bimpe again, she was my one and only.
Re: The Lost Love by Ayonbobo(m): 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2014
Today is friday and fridays in Hill top(a town name) is always busy around 1pm when our muslim brothers would be going for jumat. I left work early around 12noon because i got nothing else to do in the office for the day. We normally close early in the office on fridays since everybody always love to take part in the normal Thank God Its Friday(TGIF) with people hanging out, parties at almost every corners, bars and resturant are always filled up on fridays too. I was in my room when my mom came to tell me I would be going to the supermarket since chichi would be busy with house keeping.

I obviously dont know why I would be the one going to the supermarket when chichi could go and resume back to the housekeeping I murmured. Chichi is our househelp, she is an igbo girl of 18years old, she has been staying with us for about five(5) years now. She is like a sister to me, my parent took it as a duty to take care of her and sponsor her education as long as she is with us. I have always thought of staying alone and not with my parent after i graduated from school but mom would always compel me to stay aroung with them since i was not married yet. It's not that i am unhappy staying with them but i wanted complete and total independence. My dad is not an issue, he is happy with whatever choice I make but mom always want me to stick around. I took my bath and prepared to go to the supermarket and remembered when I used to shop with Bimpe while in school, how I wish she could still be alive, I thought.
Re: The Lost Love by toykathy(f): 10:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
You have to be consistent in updating so as to pull more pple to follow ur story. More ink to ur pen, but gear up.
Re: The Lost Love by Ayonbobo(m): 1:20am On Jul 06, 2014
toykathy: You have to be consistent in updating so as to pull more pple to follow ur story. More ink to ur pen, but gear up.
Thanks for your advice ma'am.

1 Like

Re: The Lost Love by toykathy(f): 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
Have bn refreshin dis page since mawnin hoping to see a new update but i see none. Whatz happening?
Re: The Lost Love by Ayonbobo(m): 1:21am On Jul 07, 2014
Am sorry for keeping you guys waiting. I have been quite busy of recent with some other things, I will upload the next post before tomorrow and people have not been commenting on the story, I would like to know your view about it.
Re: The Lost Love by toykathy(f): 9:50am On Jul 07, 2014
Ayonbobo: Am sorry for keeping you guys waiting. I have been quite busy of recent with some other things, I will upload the next post before tomorrow and people have not been commenting on the story, I would like to know your view about it.

weldone dear, i knw its nt easy to write but make ur updates consistent, only then u will see more pple following ur story. Have a nyc week.
Re: The Lost Love by onosj(f): 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
Following bumper 2 bumper

1 Like

Re: The Lost Love by Ayonbobo(m): 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
CONTINUATION

I tuned up the radio of my car to listen to the latest music jamz, while listening a breaking news came on air that Senator Abiola's daughter has been kidnapped. I was shocked and bewildered about how some heartless human beings could have kidnapped a fellow human because of money. Senator Abiola is an old friend of my day, they used to be members of the same club before senator Abiola got involved in politics. He had been a busy man after pursuing his political ambition and my dad rarely see him these days. Tope is his only daughter, she should be about my age, she is light skinned, tall and hairy. The last time i saw her was during a charity programme ran by a motherless baby home. She was one of the fund raiser for the event.

I always admire her beauty afar off, since we rarely talk and i saw her as a spoilt brat. I felt sorry for her though and could only imagine the pain and agony she could be going through.
I was almost at he supermarket door when someone called me. He was wearing a white gown, I thought of what he could want with me, maybe he is looking for someone to scam because I have heard so much stories of people in similar situation who ended up getting duped. Well, he has got a wrong person to dupe, I thought. He told me he had a message for me from God. He said 'he saw me at a sea port, about to board a ship in which there are three ships i could take. The first one is very beautiful and pleasant to the eyes but it was made of substandard materials and would definately not last long. The second ship is the flamboyant type, it was built with the very best of materials with all the luxury of life in it but it was been sailed by a corrupt captain so it could eventually be sailed into wreckage while the third ship is a simple ship made with everything it needs to last long but it's not the choice of many. I became confused with the parable he said to me, I didnt know maybe to adhere to his parable or neglet it since majority of the so called prophets cannot be trusted. I thanked him and he excused me.

Emerald supermarket is indeed the biggest supermarket in hill top. It has different sections for different type of products starting from fresh food products, to clothes, to perfumes, cosmetics and even electronics. I entered the fresh food section to get what i wanted to buy. Afterwards, i went to the cashier and observed that my wallet wasn't in my pocket. Could it have been that i had been pickpocket by the so-called man of God(man in white garmet)? I thought. I decided to search my car and come back to pay for the goods I bought. On approaching my car I discovered a young guy of about 18years of age, ran out of my car. I decided to chase him and get back whatever he might have stolen from my car.
Re: The Lost Love by Ayonbobo(m): 10:13am On Jul 12, 2014
It has been quite a while since i post here pls bear with me. Chapter 3 will be available tonight.
Re: The Lost Love by Ayonbobo(m): 11:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
CHAPTER 3

The boy is quite an athlete but not as good as i am. I was the best the best athlete in my secondary school, because of this i was given 'flash' as a nickname. With time i caught up with him and gave him a light punch which made him stagger a little. I held him and demanded for what he stole from me. He started crying and told me not to be angry with him that it was due to some circumstances he found himself that made him to steal. I felt remorse for him and asked him what he needed that could have made him to steal. He told me his elder sister was admitted into the hospital and he his in need of money for an operation within the next fourth eight hours(48hrs). For no reason i have never experienced before, i felt sorry for him and decided to help him. This would be the second thing i would be doing on that day without planning for it. How unusual am i! Or am i being stupid? I thought. I went back to the supermarket with him and paid for what i bought, we entered the car and i told him to take me to the hospital.

Why is Michael not back yet? Mrs Adebayo thought, it has been some hours since he left for the supermarket or has he been stuck in traffic? Mrs Adebayo is a woman of early sixties, she is average in height with an ever young face. You could easily mistake her for a fourty years old(40yrs) old woman. She just retired as a Director, Ministry of Education. She decided to hold her peace for some minutes and hope mike would be back soon before she calls her husband about the situation.
Re: The Lost Love by Ayonbobo(m): 11:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
Will continue chapter 3 tomorrow. Thanks for following and am not getting motivated with the turn up of people on this story. Its like am only writing the story to myself. Its not fair oooo.
Re: The Lost Love by YasirNasir(f): 2:09am On Jul 13, 2014
Very interesting. ......
Re: The Lost Love by codedbaby(f): 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
nice story Ayanbobo. can't wait for the remaining parts
Re: The Lost Love by PwettyNini(f): 7:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
Interesting cool

(1) (Reply)

The Lost Shoe ( A Short Story) / Boy Adam Floats Headless In The Thames / [story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.