Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

An Open Letter To Wizkid - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / An Open Letter To Wizkid (906 Views)

An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide / You Don't Need Starboy Entertainment! – My Note To Wizkid by aproko / (VIDEO) American Kids Dancing To Wizkid's Dont Dull [DOWNLOAD] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Wizkid by ayoJ21(m): 1:42am On Jul 03, 2014
Wizkid I recalled vividly back in 2011 droppin smash album 'superstar' with charts toppin hits from 'holla at ur boy' to 'tease me', from 'dont dull' to pakurumo' and more. U took d industry by storm, young, energeyic and vibrant with unforgetable hits, captivatin voice and immense talent,grabbin awards and gracing xpensive shows both home and abroad, no doubt a game changer,a perfect game changer! Every young kid wants to be Wizkid.

Here came 2012, year of EME-cee, u took d shine of d crew, laced graceful and lovely hooks on 80% of d album songs, u so fly, hot and invisible. More shows and awards never stop rollin in. Starboy himself never seems unstopable.

And 2013, u seems superfly, u were at ur very best, inbetween controversy and misunderstanding with ur former manager(Osagie), and record label, EME Ent., u popped out singles- hot singles! Upto 20 singles(a whole album), back to back rockin airways, topping charts in just 1 year. 1 year I repeat, smiles...bro, here is a piece of advise..puttin outta a lot of songs in just a year is simply goin to sell u short. Nobody does that in d world.

Your style is monotonous-same style, same theme of songs all I hear is baby-baby-baby, huh! People are getting bored of hearing same thing every blessed day, baby songs will never make u a legend, it will never take u anywhere, fine it will put couple of millions in ur account, buy u designer clothes, gold chains and some xpensive fancy cars but for ow long will that be before d brand Wizkid vanishes?

Bob marley,Tupac and Fela Anikulapo Kuti became legends basically because of d unrivalled contents of their lyrics about life, reality, freedom and brutality of mankind, they did it fo a long time and perfectly.

Wizkid, listen and listen carefully, U need to start buying songs like a real professional, u need to go back to ur winning team(Osagie and Banky W). Let them be in control of ur career jus like when u guys started back in 2010. Remenber these people are well read and older thus tend to have more xperience and xposure than u. You need to understand d fact that d music industry is highly competitive, growin very fast with new artists springin up. They are mean, hungry fo fame and fortune and simply wanto dethrone u and d rest reignin artists.

Take time to pen down gud and meaninful songs, get professional song writers and kill it wit dusty videos-not all dos 1 sec-1 spot videos u ar givin us, they are not elpin ur brand. 'Holla at ur boy' and 'Pakurumo' videos bcame big hits and highly successful jus because their story lines were carefully written-perfect scripts, gud delivery which I believe is d handwork of d master planner, Banky W. 'The matter' was a very good song-great delivery, great control, lovely rythm and killer beat but d beautiful song was killed by a cheap and conceptless video.

Artists allover are now practising PWMS(Professional Western Music Strategy) i.e buy songs, shoot classy videos and get gud results. Stop doin things anyow, stop givin us rush up jobs-production and videos, they are not elpin ur brand. Be more professional, committed. Control ur temper, ur ego. Stop changin management-it kills ur career, one management hasn't finished implementin his strategy on u to excel in ur career, you sack him and get another to start afresh.bro dat's career suicide! Respect ur management, listen to them, they are workin round d clock to make u remain at no 1. They are thinkin fo u to excel, stay humble, they are d drivers of ur success and ur success lives in d hands of their great ideas and strategies.

Stop d idea of I-can-do-it-by-myself jus because u made couple of millions, got fames and knew some OAPs and DJs. Fame and fortune isn't enuf, it has killed many artists and will stil kill more. Stop tightening hands over ur career, if u dont, it will die, money will stop comin in and might go broke.

Incase u ar pondering over dis, it's no beef, just a piece of advice to get things right, am ur no 1 fan, I respect ur talent and hustle but I hate seein my hero fallin so as many other music lovers in Nigeria and abroad. I wanna see u doin music and doin it big fo d next 10,20 years mayb more.

- ayoJ-21
Re: An Open Letter To Wizkid by REMMEI(m): 1:50am On Jul 03, 2014
AYO. . You've really spoken well to your name sake..i still believe in wizzy..i believe he can do better..and i'm looking forward to feat him..
Re: An Open Letter To Wizkid by ayukdaboss(m): 2:47am On Jul 03, 2014
Re: An Open Letter To Wizkid by ayoJ21(m): 1:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
REMMEI: AYO. . You've really spoken well to your name sake..i still believe in wizzy..i believe he can do better..and i'm looking forward to feat him..

are u an artiste too?
Re: An Open Letter To Wizkid by REMMEI(m): 2:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
ayoJ-21:

are u an artiste too?

yeah!. . .
Re: An Open Letter To Wizkid by Tiyazman(m): 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
angry

Re: An Open Letter To Wizkid by ayoJ21(m): 1:17am On Jul 05, 2014
Mods, u can help this guy's career by moving it to front page ASAP!

(1) (Reply)

Mixtape: DJ Davisy [@dj_davisy] - Naija Jump Off Mix / BET Director Lilian Blankson Responds To BET Backlash / Music: Rihanna – Work Feat. Drake (prod. By Boi1da) - Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.