Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

What Did Ekaette Do To This Japanese Legislator? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did Ekaette Do To This Japanese Legislator? (802 Views)

What Did I Do? Omojuwa Reacts To Death Threat / (PICTURE) APC Legislator Caught Contesting In Two States / Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Did Ekaette Do To This Japanese Legislator? by spinna: 3:08am On Jul 03, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIah-E9M7tc

Can this ever happen here in Nigeria? A politician being investigated for escessive spending?

A 47-year-old provincial politician was rapidly becoming an internet phenomenon in Japan on Wednesday after crying as he tried to explain his profligate use of public funds.

Television chatshows carried looped footage of a press conference in which Ryutaro Nonomura wails and bangs his fists on the desk as tears stream down his face.

He shouts incoherent excuses in between gut-wrenching sobs, punctuated by the long intakes of breath necessary to power the next outburst.

Nonomura, who was elected to the assembly in Hyogo in western Japan in 2011, is suspected of misusing ¥3m (£17,000) of official allowances.

According to media reports, he spent the money on 195 trips he made to four locations in one year, including 106 visits to the same hot spring resort, all without producing a receipt or a report.

During the three-hour press conference in Kobe he cried while saying: "I finally became an assembly member … with the sole purpose of changing society … This Japan … I want to change this society … I have staked my life … Don't you understand?"
Re: What Did Ekaette Do To This Japanese Legislator? by LordMecuzy(m): 4:03am On Jul 03, 2014
U mean he spent just £17,000 (4.5 million Naira) on 195 trips? na wa oh Then he is not corrupt na from a Nigerian point of view grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

Kitis Dear kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: What Did Ekaette Do To This Japanese Legislator? by Freewilly(f): 4:25am On Jul 03, 2014
Ekaette pls what did you do to this poor man nahhh!!!

(1) (Reply)

A Tale From The Distant Past, By Femi Fani-kayode Femi Fani-kayode / Spain Evacuates Priest Who Tested Positive For Ebola In Liberia / An Open Letter To The Wife Of Late Patrick Sawyer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.