Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry (8866 Views)

How To Manually Configure Samsung Galaxy Tab For Browsing / How Do I Manually Configure Mtn Gprs Settings On A Htc Desire Hd Phone? / Do Unlocked Blackberry Work In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by ask4bk(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2014
I know many may have a blackberry phone that won't register it's BIS on the phone. This happens mostly for unlocked bb phones. I got a bold 5 (9930) verizone unlocked and it registered bis with MTN but as i put my etisalat with bis it never registered. I checked Host Routing Table and it was empty. I called customer care and they said Etisalat bis doesn't work with my blackberry. But i no give up oh. I researched and got it solved even though Etisalat said it never works.

If you have same problem with your blackberry, follow the following instructions to get full data services and email:

Please note: this worked for me and has worked for many others. Do not blame me if something goes wrong. Just follow the instructions CAREFULLY.

1/ You need to have BIS on your line first

2/ Press ALT + CAP + H on your home screen, then go to this site to generate a code for your blackberry secret menu - http://www.zibri.org/2009/08/hidden-things-are-usually-best.html (you won't see the code on the screen as you type, but just type it), this will give you access to the engineering screen.

3/ Go here: Radio Engineering Screens (Multi) - 3GPP Radio Engineering Screens - GCF
    Change these settings: GCF NV Flag to ENABLED and Sim Electrical Test to ON (your device will reset for each of them)

4/ Then do the alt+cap+h again and go here: Radio Engineering Screens (Multi) /3GPP Radio Engineering Screens /Utilities
     a) Click on Ping self: if it says sth like "ICMP ping received in 19ms" -> you are cool, go to step b;
                       if it says "can't open APN" -> go to your normal Advanced Option screen (by leaving the screen where u are, go to options - device - advanced Option) then scroll to TCP IP and check the box "APN Settings Enabled"
                       if it says "Blackberry tunnel cannot open" -> turn off and on your GSM network. If not, just put your etisalat apn which is "etisalat". If you use another network put the apn of that network and then username and password if it applies.
     b) Return to the engineering screen and go to the place specified in no. 4. Change these settings: HRT Enabled and Tmod ECN Enabled
     c) Click on PS Detach (nothing will happen), check Ping Self again it will say ICMP Failed
     d) Click on PS Attach. You have to be patient here. Wait for the registration message from RIM and EDGE (not edge)
The 2 last steps are very important, if nothing happens after a few minutes, PS Detach and then PS Attach right away (you can skip the Ping Self step now), and then wait 3-5 mins. Do it again if nothing yet. I did mine 4-5 times before I received the message from RIM.
After you see EDGE and a message from RIM, go to Host Routing Table and Register Now.

Congrats! You just did what Mobile companies can't do.

If your blackberry later starts to show sos and no network, try to choose your network manually. If it doesn't work, go back to Engineering Screens and revert SIM Electrical Test to OFF. It'll reboot. See if network comes. It should. If it doesn't return to Engineering Screens and revert GCF NV Flag to DISABLED.

Everything will be okay.

Finally, as i said. Do at your own risk. Anyway, your phone wasn't working, so it's worth the risk. But if you follow it well, you have nothing to fear. Cheers.

If you have questions post and I'll try to answer. I pray it works for someone and he says it here.

3 Likes

Re: How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by ask4bk(m): 1:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
I can confirm to you that no. 3 of the above procedures ain't that necessary. You can skip it straight to number 4. just tried it now.

N/B: once you change your etisalat sim to another and revert to your etisalat, you'll need to go through these steps again because your Host Routing Table will disappear again but this will bring them back.

Cheers.
Re: How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by giddie: 10:54am On Sep 02, 2014
Yeah bro, the stuff works fine.
Re: How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by Jamaticulus(m): 2:01am On Jan 31, 2015
Pls ooh..I typed the key generated on the help screen,on typin it,noting changed...I can just seem 2 access the radio engr services. Pls help me
Re: How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by Jamaticulus(m): 2:01am On Jan 31, 2015
Pls ooh..I typed the key generated on the help screen,on typin it,noting changed...I can just seem 2 access the radio engr services. Pls help me...for a bb 9930
Re: How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by iamawara(m): 8:24am On Jan 31, 2015
Pls where can I locate step 4? I mean the Radio Radio Engineering Screens thank you. And after that I hope my other sims will work on my BB 9930 thank you
Re: How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by iamawara(m): 8:27am On Jan 31, 2015
Pls where can I locate step 4? I mean the Radio Radio Engineering Screens thank you. And after that I hope my other sims will work on my BB 9930 from Sprint. thank you
Re: How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by ask4bk(m): 12:30pm On Jan 31, 2015
Your other sims will def work of course.

This explanation is straight and easy. If u not getting sthing right, just start afresh
Re: How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by ask4bk(m): 12:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
iamawara:
Pls where can I locate step 4? I mean the Radio Radio Engineering Screens thank you. And after that I hope my other sims will work on my BB 9930 thank you

Your other sims will def work of course.

This explanation is straight and easy. If u not getting sthing right, just start afresh
Re: How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by Cynora: 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2015
after step 4c (Click on PS Detach (nothing will happen), check Ping Self again it will say ICMP Failed), it says blackberry tunnel is not available. WHAT DO I DO THEN?
Re: How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by ask4bk(m): 9:41am On Mar 06, 2015
Cynora:
after step 4c (Click on PS Detach (nothing will happen), check Ping Self again it will say ICMP Failed), it says blackberry tunnel is not available. WHAT DO I DO THEN?

Are u using etisalat? Did u change apn to etisalat?

If yes just continue with ps detach and attach in next step
Re: How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by Andiwiwid: 7:00pm On Nov 02, 2015
To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by ask4bk(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2014

About this topic, I can't do nothing with my blackberry torch 9810.
I live at Indonesia Jakarta, what I have to do with my phone, to make it faster while I browse...?

Can U help me?
My email is wiwid.sunnandi1340@gmail.com
Thank U for helping me...
Re: How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by ask4bk(m): 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2015
Andiwiwid:
To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by ask4bk(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2014

About this topic, I can't do nothing with my blackberry torch 9810.
I live at Indonesia Jakarta, what I have to do with my phone, to make it faster while I browse...?

Can U help me?
My email is wiwid.sunnandi1340@gmail.com
Thank U for helping me...

Sorry, I've no idea
Re: How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by CaptainMarvel(m): 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2016
ask4bk:
I know many may have a blackberry phone that won't register it's BIS on the phone. This happens mostly for unlocked bb phones. I got a bold 5 (9930) verizone unlocked and it registered bis with MTN but as i put my etisalat with bis it never registered. I checked Host Routing Table and it was empty. I called customer care and they said Etisalat bis doesn't work with my blackberry. But i no give up oh. I researched and got it solved even though Etisalat said it never works.

If you have same problem with your blackberry, follow the following instructions to get full data services and email:

Please note: this worked for me and has worked for many others. Do not blame me if something goes wrong. Just follow the instructions CAREFULLY.

1/ You need to have BIS on your line first

2/ Press ALT + CAP + H on your home screen, then go to this site to generate a code for your blackberry secret menu - http://www.zibri.org/2009/08/hidden-things-are-usually-best.html (you won't see the code on the screen as you type, but just type it), this will give you access to the engineering screen.

3/ Go here: Radio Engineering Screens (Multi) - 3GPP Radio Engineering Screens - GCF
    Change these settings: GCF NV Flag to ENABLED and Sim Electrical Test to ON (your device will reset for each of them)

4/ Then do the alt+cap+h again and go here: Radio Engineering Screens (Multi) /3GPP Radio Engineering Screens /Utilities
     a) Click on Ping self: if it says sth like "ICMP ping received in 19ms" -> you are cool, go to step b;
                       if it says "can't open APN" -> go to your normal Advanced Option screen (by leaving the screen where u are, go to options - device - advanced Option) then scroll to TCP IP and check the box "APN Settings Enabled"
                       if it says "Blackberry tunnel cannot open" -> turn off and on your GSM network. If not, just put your etisalat apn which is "etisalat". If you use another network put the apn of that network and then username and password if it applies.
     b) Return to the engineering screen and go to the place specified in no. 4. Change these settings: HRT Enabled and Tmod ECN Enabled
     c) Click on PS Detach (nothing will happen), check Ping Self again it will say ICMP Failed
     d) Click on PS Attach. You have to be patient here. Wait for the registration message from RIM and EDGE (not edge)
The 2 last steps are very important, if nothing happens after a few minutes, PS Detach and then PS Attach right away (you can skip the Ping Self step now), and then wait 3-5 mins. Do it again if nothing yet. I did mine 4-5 times before I received the message from RIM.
After you see EDGE and a message from RIM, go to Host Routing Table and Register Now.

Congrats! You just did what Mobile companies can't do.

If your blackberry later starts to show sos and no network, try to choose your network manually. If it doesn't work, go back to Engineering Screens and revert SIM Electrical Test to OFF. It'll reboot. See if network comes. It should. If it doesn't return to Engineering Screens and revert GCF NV Flag to DISABLED.

Everything will be okay.

Finally, as i said. Do at your own risk. Anyway, your phone wasn't working, so it's worth the risk. But if you follow it well, you have nothing to fear. Cheers.

If you have questions post and I'll try to answer. I pray it works for someone and he says it here.
Re: How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry by sciguy: 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
I have a blackberry 9790. In my engineering menu there is no option named Radio Engineering Screens (Multi) but Mobile Engineering Screens.
So there is know way I can do the rest.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

(1) (Reply)

How To Move Apps From Phone Memory To SD Card On Any Version Of Phone / How my friend escaped being burnt by his phone / Redmi Note 8: A Review... (to Buy Or Not To Buy Is The Question)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.