Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,199 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. - Gaming (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. (476090 Views)

Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions / Don't Miss Out This [get Pc Games And Mods] / Old And New Playstation 3 Box Arts Comparison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (330) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2016
purplekayc:
desktop
what's your desktop specs
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 01, 2016
PcDon:
My liquid cooled gaming PC.
Specs
CPU - i7-4790K
GPU - R9 290X x2
RAM - 16GB 1866MHZ Hyper X Fury
Motherboard - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Storage - 256GB SSD (OS - Window 10), 1TB HDD, 2TB HDD
Radiators - 1x 140mm, 1x 240mm, 1x 360 mm
Fans - Thermaltake Ringg x7, TT 140mm x3, Noctua 120mm x4
Case - Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
Waterblocks - EKWB waterblock for CPU, Aquacomputer waterblocks for GPU, EKWB MOSFET block for VRM's
Tube - XSPC 16/10mm tubing
Coolant - Mayhem Pastel white.
Fittings - EKWB 16/10mm
Cablemod custom sleeve cables(Red/Black)

can u state ur location, whr u got d pieces and hw much each of them cost?
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 01, 2016
I'm willing to bet he's not based in Nigeria!!
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by PcDon: 4:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
swagifted:
are you in nigeria with thiss beast?

Yes o..took me over a year to get the parts together before building..liquid cooling is very good when the ambient temps are high (sometimes the ac is off)
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by PcDon: 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
Gunbiz:

can u state ur location, whr u got d pieces and hw much each of them cost?

I'm based in Abuja and had every item from UK & Germany when family members went overseas so it took me over a year to get the parts togeter and start building.

Cost-wise in the region of #600,000
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by PcDon: 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2016
purplekayc:
nice 1
Thanks bro
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by PcDon: 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
I'm willing to bet he's not based in Nigeria!!

-deleted-
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hmmn! Guess i waz wrong...
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 01, 2016
PcDon:

What makes you think I'm male?
Well considering there are very few female gamers in Nigeria. And i can bet not a single one of dem would be willing to spend 600k on a gaming rig. I'm sure not even cao can spend dat much on building a rig if she wanted to....right?? smiley

Only guys are crazy enough to build something like dat and spend dat amount on a PC without even looking back. Am i wrong??
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by PcDon: 5:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Well considering there are very few female gamers in Nigeria. And i can bet not a single one of dem would be willing to spend 600k on a gaming rig. I'm sure not even cao can spend dat much on building a rig if she wanted to....right?? smiley

Only guys are crazy enough to build something like dat and spend dat amount on a PC without even looking back. Am i wrong??

Hahaa, interesting rationale....You aren't wrong though. Only cost that much as I wanted close to the best...there are far more cheaper options to liquid cool.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by cao(f): 5:10pm On Mar 01, 2016
AdeLaNa1:

I simply can't spend that because I can't afford it, before I make that level of commitment, I've to have a budget set & met. Plus, being in the UK certainly doesn't make it cheap.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by PcDon: 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
cao:

I simply can't spend that because I can't afford it, before I make that level of commitment, I've to have a budget set & met. Plus, being in the UK certainly doesn't make it cheap.

I didn't feel it though because I bought the part bit by bit over a year, actually 17-19 months to get the parts together. Custom building makes keeping to a budget very difficult (but possible if you know how to go about customisation from the onset) I fully customised it - before and after pics

Where about are you based?

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by cao(f): 5:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
PcDon:

I didn't feel it though because I bought the part bit by bit over a year, actually 17-19 months to get the parts together. Custom building makes keeping to a budget very difficult (but possible if you know how to go about customisation from the onset) I fully customised it - before and after pics

Where about are you based?
Aldershot.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 01, 2016
PcDon:

Hahaa, interesting rationale....You aren't wrong though. Only cost that much as I wanted close to the best...there are far more cheaper options to liquid cool.
Nice rig btw. Besides, why AMD?? Why not go for Nvidia?? A 980 sli offers better than ur 290x crossfire IMO!!
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
cao:

Exactly. Even if i was dat boxed up, i'll go with his setup and scrap out the water cooling system and go for a cheaper but effective cooling solution and save myself like 350-400k....
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by PcDon: 5:58pm On Mar 01, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Nice rig btw. Besides, why AMD?? Why not go for Nvidia?? A 980 sli offers better than ur 290x crossfire IMO!!

Price!! AMD cheaper than Nvidia. The 980Ti is a monster and at the time I purchased the 290x the 980ti cost twice as much. It was a no brainer to keep costs low while still getting very good performance. AMD gpus are the bang-for-buck solution.

980ti and 290x is not a fair comparison. the 290x can be compared to the GTX 970...even the AMD Fury X struggles to keep up with the 980TI
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by PcDon: 6:04pm On Mar 01, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Exactly. Even if i was dat boxed up, i'll go with his setup and scrap out the water cooling system and go for a cheaper but effective cooling solution and save myself like 350-400k....

Water cooling has it's benefits too...components longevity increases when run cooler, plus liquid cooling means you can run the fans at lower rpms and achieve less noise with much better cooling capacity than air especially for high end GPU as they usually have a high TDP. The 290X for examples outputs over 250W...that's a lot of heat.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by cupidhero(m): 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
Bladeripper:
Please can i play GTA V or IV on this PC with the following spec?:
2.16GHz
Intel Celeron N2840 Processor
4GB RAM
500HDD @5400rpm
Intel HD Graphics...

If no, please i'll like mah bosses to help me with the list of some games suitable for mah system. Thanks alot!
No way bro.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by cupidhero(m): 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
PcDon:
My liquid cooled gaming PC.
Specs
CPU - i7-4790K
GPU - R9 290X x2
RAM - 16GB 1866MHZ Hyper X Fury
Motherboard - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Storage - 256GB SSD (OS - Window 10), 1TB HDD, 2TB HDD
Radiators - 1x 140mm, 1x 240mm, 1x 360 mm
Fans - Thermaltake Ringg x7, TT 140mm x3, Noctua 120mm x4
Case - Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
Waterblocks - EKWB waterblock for CPU, Aquacomputer waterblocks for GPU, EKWB MOSFET block for VRM's
Tube - XSPC 16/10mm tubing
Coolant - Mayhem Pastel white.
Fittings - EKWB 16/10mm
Cablemod custom sleeve cables(Red/Black)
Power Supply - Corsair AX860i

I bet you don't stay in Nigeria..there is no such thing as master race out here. The power situation is a real buzz kill. Nice rig tho. Exactly what i need but can't afford right now.
You forgot to add monitor?
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by PcDon: 6:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
cupidhero:

I bet you don't stay in Nigeria..there is no such thing as master race out here. The power situation is a real buzz kill. Nice rig tho. Exactly what i need but can't afford right now.
You forgot to add monitor?

monitor LG 34UM57

I'm usually between Ghana/SA and Nigeria.. but my rig is in Nigeria

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by suckmywilly(m): 9:30pm On Mar 01, 2016
PcDon:

monitor LG 34UM57

Your system is Fvking dope.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by PcDon: 9:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
suckmywilly:

Your system is Fvking dope.

thanks man...'ppreciate

1 Like

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by forap(m): 10:06pm On Mar 01, 2016
PcDon:

monitor LG 34UM57

WTH do you do with this monster!
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by swagifted(m): 8:10am On Mar 02, 2016
Finally...microsoft makes forza available to PC...all dis xbox people go ex die...funny thing its the latest forza motosport 6...too bad...its for windows 10 only...and its freeeee!! START YOUR ENGINES !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGSQbc5TiWM

1 Like

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by gabylzy(m): 8:32am On Mar 02, 2016
please add to the whatsapp group 08181044616
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 11:22am On Mar 02, 2016
PcDon:

Thanks bro
are you based in nigeria?
And how did you get the parts for your PC and cost?
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 11:26am On Mar 02, 2016
Anyone interested in joining the whatsapp gaming group (cyber bunk gaming network) should plz drop their mobile nos.cuts across all consoles
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 11:28am On Mar 02, 2016
OEmperor:

what's your desktop specs
i would upload a screenshot from speccy later
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 02, 2016
purplekayc:
Anyone interested in joining the whatsapp gaming group (cyber bunk gaming network) should plz drop their mobile nos.cuts across all consoles
add me please 08170038786
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 02, 2016
PcDon:

Price!! AMD cheaper than Nvidia. The 980Ti is a monster and at the time I purchased the 290x the 980ti cost twice as much. It was a no brainer to keep costs low while still getting very good performance. AMD gpus are the bang-for-buck solution.

980ti and 290x is not a fair comparison. the 290x can be compared to the GTX 970...even the AMD Fury X struggles to keep up with the 980TI
True! Nvidia isn't price-performance friendly. But i bet a 980Ti would still give ur 290x crossfire a run for its money.

I would always prefer Nvidia to AMD tho. Easier and better updates, user friendly control pane, shadowplay and Geforce optimization.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by baba11(m): 9:54pm On Mar 02, 2016
purplekayc:
Add me to the group,you've my digits right cool
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
True! Nvidia isn't price-performance friendly. But i bet a 980Ti would still give ur 290x crossfire a run for its money.

I would always prefer Nvidia to AMD tho. Easier and better updates, user friendly control pane, shadowplay and Geforce optimization.
i think nvidia GTX 980 is the best in the market so far unless you want to go for gtx titan

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (330) (Reply)

PS4 Games Exchange / What Game Are You Currently Playing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.